As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MAGFest presents "Jamspace" at PAX East

2»

• Options
    binary1230binary1230 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    FOUND IT: Random Sax dude Charles (WHO ARE YOU??) joined us randomly for some inspector gadget jams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41AbwUqkbco

That guy on drums (well, keyboard=drums here) is the one and only DAC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niwATceCEwQ

(who will also be non-stop jamming with us in Jamspace)

-Dom

binary1230 on
  • Options
    genoboostgenoboost Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Hey dom! I expect to hear some live Mario RPG out of you!

genoboost on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    genoboost wrote: »
    Hey dom! I expect to hear some live Mario RPG out of you!

Hells yes.

binary1230 on
  • Options
    50 More Trash50 More Trash Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I will certainly swing by to watch you guys jam at some point this weekend, I promise.

50 More Trash on
  • Options
    ErwinErwin Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    I don't suppose there's a locked room or other safe place to keep instruments, is there? I'd bring my trumpet (funk, anyone?) but I don't think I want to carry it all day. Otherwise I can fill in on the keyboard if need be.

Erwin on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Erwin wrote: »
    I don't suppose there's a locked room or other safe place to keep instruments, is there? I'd bring my trumpet (funk, anyone?) but I don't think I want to carry it all day. Otherwise I can fill in on the keyboard if need be.

Unfortunately we don't have any secured space to store instruments, plus it's a liability issue if something were to happen to it on our watch.

Basically, anyone can bring their own instruments in if they want, but it's at your own risk. We will have a waiver to sign at the front for those bringing instruments into the room. If you were to leave an instrument in Jamspace, we would try and keep an eye on it as a courtesy, but if something happens to it neither PAX or Magfest can be held responsible. It's basically the same as leaving your instrument in a hallway, so if you're concerned about it, I'd just personally hang onto your stuff at all times.

Trumpet would be pretty fun though, it's not too often we see trumpet players for some reason.

binary1230 on
  • Options
    bassistbassist Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    I'm going to be playing bass all up in this

Speaking of which, does anyone know the deal with carrying an instrument around the con? I've looked through some FAQs, but I can't seem to find any mention of it. The last thing I'd want is to get stopped from going to a panel I want to see because "o noes that thing might have a bomb in it", have to run all the way back to my car to drop my bass off, then come back 10 minutes into the panel.

bassist on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    bassist wrote: »
    I'm going to be playing bass all up in this

Speaking of which, does anyone know the deal with carrying an instrument around the con? I've looked through some FAQs, but I can't seem to find any mention of it. The last thing I'd want is to get stopped from going to a panel I want to see because "o noes that thing might have a bomb in it", have to run all the way back to my car to drop my bass off, then come back 10 minutes into the panel.

I can't speak on behalf of the PAX staff, but I'd bet it wouldn't be an issue. Think of the legions of cosplayers that will be bring 400ft props. Still, might be a good idea to check in a FAQ forum or email the questions email: pax_questions@paxsite.com

binary1230 on
  • Options
    blizzakblizzak Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Hey all,

Thanks for making this such a wicked time. Although I don't play an instrument (but really wanna learn after what I saw on the weekend), I had a great time just chillin' out and watching all the awesomeness. Dom, I was the guy taking all the videos near the end of the night on Friday. Expect a link in your e-mail really soon, I'm uploading them somewhere you can get them.

There were lots of great songs played that I heard, and I hope other people took videos. My favorite was still the rendition of: Scars of TimeIf the flutist and violinist were more familiar with the song (especially for the violin solo), it would have been absolutely EPIC. I'll keep high hopes for next year!

-Blake

blizzak on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Oh man.
    Oh man.

That was waaaaaaaaaay too much fun. When I recover some sanity, I'll be posting some pics and videos of everyone playing stuff.

Big highlights:
    - The Protomen randomly showing up to play an EPIC Total Eclipse of the Heart
    - Last call playing The Real Folk Blues from Cowboy Bebop (w/Lyrics)
    - Chip concerts being amazing
    - Violinist Jesse
    - The girl with the trumpet (I've already forgotten your name, damn.)
    - The girl with the flute

More updates to come.

binary1230 on
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Christ jesus this jamspace was so awesome. Scout Trumpeter and flutist, where are you!?

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    feboeefeboee Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey Trumpet girl here. I never imagined that Jamspace was so amazing! I'll have to have more songs prepared for PAX Prime! Also that flutist and electric violinist were great, totally rocked.

3vTQRl.jpg

Here's one of us jamming on stage. Email me if you want a high res version.

feboee on
  • Options
    KjeldorKjeldor Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    i've got a video from friday night (more like 1am saturday morning) of Still Alive that I'll have to get uploaded.

Kjeldor on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    feboee wrote: »
    Hey Trumpet girl here. I never imagined that Jamspace was so amazing! I'll have to have more songs prepared for PAX Prime! Also that flutist and electric violinist were great, totally rocked.

3vTQRl.jpg

Here's one of us jamming on stage. Email me if you want a high res version.

psssst. check your pm.

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    ShadowsDieAwayShadowsDieAway Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i've seen you guys at three different cons now, and you guys were awesome yet again. keep coming back!

and binary1230, the TF2 girl scout playing the trumpet is Phebe (i think that's how you spell it). if anyone has her contact info please PM me it!!! i lost the paper i got on Friday with it on it

ShadowsDieAway on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    binary1230 wrote: »
    Oh man.
    Oh man.

That was waaaaaaaaaay too much fun. When I recover some sanity, I'll be posting some pics and videos of everyone playing stuff.

Big highlights:
    - Violinist Jesse

More updates to come.

Man any time the Protomen play a cover they kick it's ass

I'd love to see footage of that and the Bebop song!

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Overlord EKOverlord EK Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Oh man.
    Oh man.

Big highlights:
    - Violinist Jesse

More updates to come.

Man any time the Protomen play a cover they kick it's ass

I'd love to see footage of that and the Bebop song!

I should have footage up of the Protomen's cover song in a day or two on youtube. Already posted this in the concerts thread, but have some Light Up the Night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VevSaZO1YSU

Jamspace at PAX East completely blew my mind. Everyone who came to rock out with us was simply amazing. (As was everyone who played Robot Unicorn Attack with me.) Thank you for making this such a memorable experience!

Overlord EK on
  • Options
    ElectronicFerretElectronicFerret Registered User new member
    edited April 2010

Hi, that's me! If you've got recordings or pictures I'd love to have them :mrgreen:

ElectronicFerret on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Still looking for more media if anyone has some.

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    2 things. #1 - I am learning to play guitar. It's harder than I thought, everyone makes it seem so easy. And there was something else, I can't quite remember, something about Jamspace maybe? Something involving Magfest and PAX and some music or something? Something about plane tickets and .... OH WAIT I REMEMBER NOW:

JAMSPACE IS CONFIRMED FOR PAX PRIME 2010

Details are still materializing at this time, but we have now confirmed with PAX that we're going to do this again in Seattle.

Tell your friends : )

binary1230 on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited May 2010
    That's great news, but this is the Jamspace thread for East. Somebody from Jampsace should get on creating a new thread for PAX Prime.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited May 2010
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    That's great news, but this is the Jamspace thread for East. Somebody from Jampsace should get on creating a new thread for PAX Prime.

This is true, we'll do that right away.

binary1230 on
This discussion has been closed.