As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Happies, Hates, Hopes and Preparation H

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man I had one of the nicest random heroic runs last night, mainly because it was full of relatively new 80s (everyone but me had less than 210 avg ilvl and the two of 'em less than 200 avg ilvl got the dungeon achievement at the end) so people were chatty and considerate of each other. Couple that with them doing proper dps for their gear level (just under 2k for all of 'em) and I was okay with the run being slightly slower than normal.

Opty on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    Hate: Arcane mages that do 7000 dps but their damage done is below tanks.

What, how does this work? Do they do 30 seconds of damage and then go afk for a while?

(Although, our mages are at least 15k or something high like that for the first 30 seconds-ish.)

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I found out he had over 1100 haste or so.

He gemmed nothing but haste. So he'd do dps for about 4 seconds, I guess.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: A tank in a random kept pausing a couple minutes between every freaking pull (literally the heroic took at least 10 minutes too long). I called him on it, and he said, "guild business". I told him to take care of guild business on his own time. He gave me the, "it's my 15 bucks line."

jackal on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Did you tell him the rest of the groups $60 overwrote his $15?

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    jackal wrote: »
    Hate: A tank in a random kept pausing a couple minutes between every freaking pull (literally the heroic took at least 10 minutes too long). I called him on it, and he said, "guild business". I told him to take care of guild business on his own time. He gave me the, "it's my 15 bucks line."

To which you replied "it's our 60" and vote kicked? :p

Damnit I'm slow..

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I thought about it, but it was my only chance at getting emblems of frost that day, so I just dropped the issue. He actually stopped pausing before pulls after that so I think I may have actually got through to him despite his reply.

jackal on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This happened over the weekend, but is it wrong for me to find joy in locating the one Silly Goose in the group in HFoS and assassinating them on the last boss?

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

That sounds like too much haste to gem for straight haste on, but arcane mages do seem to really really like haste a lot.

End on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I would too if I were waiting for Arcane Blast to finish stacking.

Bigity on
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Amuzed, but guilty: Healing CoT on my druid and a hunter dings 80. We all do our "gratz" thing and keep going. I forgot I didn't turn off my rankwatch on my druid and it kept spamming all this stuff to the poor guy. Took me about 5 min before I could find the command to turn it off.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    TheTishTheTish Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    End wrote: »

That sounds like too much haste to gem for straight haste on, but arcane mages do seem to really really like haste a lot.

Yes... yes we do. I need more.

TheTish on
    sig-1117080.jpg
    -- Gnome mage enchantress and inscriptionologist... er scribbler --
    sig-1497520.jpg
    sig-1497534.jpg
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, not really anything wrong with having 1100 haste rating.

I'm tempted to switch *one* of my gems to get a little more haste since I think I'm capped out at 997 with no readily available upgrades available to me without raiding. And I'd like to have over 1000 haste. So he was doing something wrong.

When I do 9.1k DPS on Sjonner in H HoS, I'm also at like 45% of the damage done. (yes we had Bloodlust. Mmm, haste.)

Dranyth on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nobody wrote: »
    This happened over the weekend, but is it wrong for me to find joy in locating the one Silly Goose in the group in HFoS and assassinating them on the last boss?

God no, I do it all the time.

Maybe we are both silly geese.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    TheTishTheTish Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nobody wrote: »

God no, I do it all the time.

Maybe we are both silly geese.

I find it funny when I end up as the only one alive at the end of that fight.

... which may or may not be the result of my own doing.

TheTish on
    sig-1117080.jpg
    -- Gnome mage enchantress and inscriptionologist... er scribbler --
    sig-1497520.jpg
    sig-1497534.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Haste is good when you're not in shitty gear and have less spellpower than a prot paladin.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ah, well, we didn't know that part about that mage's gear.

End on
  • Options
    cyfircyfir Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: WG win last night with 5 stacks of Tenacity. They stomped on our face pretty hard at the start, got overconfident, then went out and zerged the towers. Me and 4 others get back to the siege factory, clear the the leftover 10 or so alliance w/ tenacity-fueled explosions(19k lava burst *glee!*), grab 2 siege engines, break 2 walls and a door before they had any idea what just happened.

Hate: After ensuring my hero status with said act, I get booted from the VoA 25 right before toravon pull by the raid leader, who is also a shaman, because "we full on sham". Total shamans in the raid? 1.

cyfir on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    cyfir wrote: »
    Happy: WG win last night with 5 stacks of Tenacity. They stomped on our face pretty hard at the start, got overconfident, then went out and zerged the towers. Me and 4 others get back to the siege factory, clear the the leftover 10 or so alliance w/ tenacity-fueled explosions(19k lava burst *glee!*), grab 2 siege engines, break 2 walls and a door before they had any idea what just happened.

Hate: After ensuring my hero status with said act, I get booted from the VoA 25 right before toravon pull by the raid leader, who is also a shaman, because "we full on sham". Total shamans in the raid? 1.

I will never join a non-guild VoA, or pretty much any pug raid for that matter, when the RL is the same class as me.

I don't care about sharing a roll, I just don't trust anyone to not just ninja shit.

If they're in a reputable guild I'll go with it, but that's it.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    That's why I tell any DPS warriors that want to join my VoA pugs, "Fair warning, I am gonna ninja the hell out of any prot warrior t10 that drops." They join anyway, because I get props for being honest, and because we all know VoA doesn't drop warrior gear :P

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    cyfircyfir Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Except we weren't even the same spec. he just wanted cover to ninja 100% of shaman loot. "Oh look, elemental gear? I'm enh/resto, but wow, no other shamans. I *guess* I'll take it. Better than a shard."

cyfir on
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: My ping. *Is in Cat Form, and Feral Charges the flag carrier in WSG. Is then unable to get in range to Shred them even once before someone kills me*

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy - Sindragosa finally went down last week

Hope - Kill this lich king this week. - Screw his loot, I want the hard modes.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    cyfir wrote: »

I will never join a non-guild VoA, or pretty much any pug raid for that matter, when the RL is the same class as me.

I don't care about sharing a roll, I just don't trust anyone to not just ninja shit.

If they're in a reputable guild I'll go with it, but that's it.

I put together our guilds VoA's - I may have occationally stacked the raid comp in my favor. :lol: Or someone who really needs the gear favor since I don't need anything from there anymore.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Jewelcrafting at 375, finally.
    Hate: I didn't realize Bold Dragon's Eyes weren't trainable, and as such spent my first Jewelcrafter's Token on a Dragon's Eye, so I have to wait until tomorrow to get my +34 strength gems.

Hatex2: Blacksmithing is still at 70. Kill me now.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: Idiot hunters who say I'm not pulling my weight as a hunter on lady deathwhisper when I do double their total damage done, they then say "But you never helped on adds!", some quick math later "Oh wait I did more damage to adds than they did too" ...

Wrong people ... on the internet! I had to take screenshots and carefully arrange them to satisfy myself that I was completely right and he was just retarded, my conscience sated, I sleep now.

Junpei on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Happy: GM gave me the go ahead to remove certain people from the raid because they refuse to gem and enchant their gear. Silly geese. And they're doing it wrong when they do. He also refused to listen to us on how to gem. He listened but didn't pay attention (we specifically mentioned ArP is probably what he should be gemming for at his gear level... and he puts +16 str in).

Happy: The melee dps I pulled in to replace him pull 8k.

Happy: Well, well well, we got putricide10 down on the first attempt without even breaking a sweat.

That melee dps is wearing non-epic gems and is in toc10 gear, that druid is probably the 15th or so best geared feral druid on the server... pulling a whopping 2.5k. I was pulling more than that. I mean, the druid pulls like 8k when he's doing patchwerk (olol) but anything that requires movement or not having your horse blinders on he struggles.

He also mentions to us constantly that he gets up at 4:00am and that the raids are too late for him, but threw a hissy fit when we moved him to the weekend team. Well, guess you don't get to raid anymore, ever.

bowen on
  • Options
    NijaNija Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: GM gave me the go ahead to remove certain people from the raid because they refuse to gem and enchant their gear. Silly geese. And they're doing it wrong when they do. He also refused to listen to us on how to gem. He listened but didn't pay attention (we specifically mentioned ArP is probably what he should be gemming for at his gear level... and he puts +16 str in).

Happy: The melee dps I pulled in to replace him pull 8k.

Happy: Well, well well, we got putricide10 down on the first attempt without even breaking a sweat.

That melee dps is wearing non-epic gems and is in toc10 gear, that druid is probably the 15th or so best geared feral druid on the server... pulling a whopping 2.5k. I was pulling more than that. I mean, the druid pulls like 8k when he's doing patchwerk (olol) but anything that requires movement or not having your horse blinders on he struggles.

He also mentions to us constantly that he gets up at 4:00am and that the raids are too late for him, but threw a hissy fit when we moved him to the weekend team. Well, guess you don't get to raid anymore, ever.
    He seems to have left your guild, also.

[bestweekever]UPGRADE[/bestweekever]

Nija on
    Priest lvl 110 Warlock lvl 9x DK lvl 110 Paladin lvl 9x Rogue lvl 8x

Steam Me
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Indeed he has. That was pretty fast.

Edit:

I guess it was too much to ask him to run some heroics or do some dailies to get enough gold for 13 epic gems. (this number may be greater now that he replaced some of his epic ArP gems with blue quality +str gems)

bowen on
  • Options
    NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Indeed he has. That was pretty fast.

Edit:

I guess it was too much to ask him to run some heroics or do some dailies to get enough gold for 13 epic gems. (this number may be greater now that he replaced some of his epic ArP gems with blue quality +str gems)

Just wow.... it's a crime to be in raid and not atleast make an attempt to put epic gems in ilvl 264 gear... let alone enchants. Don't matter if your bleeding edge server first raiders, I mean my alts get gemmed and enchanted when they get epics and sometimes I don't play them for weeks at a time!

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    We gave him 3 weeks to get enchanted and gemmed up and pick up his dps.

He managed to do 8k on saurfang one night, and 5k on festergut continously, but 2.5-3k when everyone else was doing 6+ and then bitch to the GM and raid leader when they ask you to do at least 4 on a raid boss is pretty asinine.

We even had to tell one of our officers not to give him 15(!) epic gems, because he so clearly did not care about raiding after 3 weeks.

Oh well. I just wanted to show you guys some of the silly geese we deal with. It's good that I've been given liberty to tell these people to get bent now.

Also, it's nice to kill festergut in 3.25 minutes.

bowen on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    A semi happy I finally got epic bracers on my warlock but I was scared they did not count because I got into Hoeric Hor while the rolling restart was running and got kicked when the realms went down
    It was not in my bags but in the mail box?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Funny to me: 25 man raid was last night and everyone and then some was online for the raid so i got to sub out and soak DKP. Decided to do the random BG and got Ils of Conquest. I had no idea what to do so i followed the mob and pew pew hordies.

I dunno what i did, but i got the achievement Back Door Job... while there was 30 people online in the guild, while they were raiding ICC (on a too boss i think).

Oh god the comments that flooded guild chat!

Hate: Cyclone Battlegroup alliance and the sudden out break of restro druids with almost 40k hp (on horde) in BGs. I need to get smoky's lighter to burn down the BG forrest....

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Neyla wrote: »
    Funny to me: 25 man raid was last night and everyone and then some was online for the raid so i got to sub out and soak DKP. Decided to do the random BG and got Ils of Conquest. I had no idea what to do so i followed the mob and pew pew hordies.

I dunno what i did, but i got the achievement Back Door Job... while there was 30 people online in the guild, while they were raiding ICC (on a too boss i think).

Oh god the comments that flooded guild chat!

Hate: Cyclone Battlegroup alliance and the sudden out break of restro druids with almost 40k hp (on horde) in BGs. I need to get smoky's lighter to burn down the BG forrest....

You get the achievement if you either jump off the airship into the enemy keep OR you use one of the catapults from the docks to jump over.

Nobody on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    We gave him 3 weeks to get enchanted and gemmed up and pick up his dps.

He managed to do 8k on saurfang one night, and 5k on festergut continously, but 2.5-3k when everyone else was doing 6+ and then bitch to the GM and raid leader when they ask you to do at least 4 on a raid boss is pretty asinine.

We even had to tell one of our officers not to give him 15(!) epic gems, because he so clearly did not care about raiding after 3 weeks.

Oh well. I just wanted to show you guys some of the silly geese we deal with. It's good that I've been given liberty to tell these people to get bent now.

Also, it's nice to kill festergut in 3.25 minutes.

Rofl. Your guild is full of carebears I take it.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    There are about 4 or 5 left that refuse to listen.

bowen on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate:
    "Average Wait Time: 12 Min

Time In Queue: 42 Min 31 Sec"

Addendum: And then having the queue finally pop, only to get stuck in an eternal loading screen, likely thanks to some busted addon.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    carebear? really hoping that term is being used ironically. otherwise I'm having flashbacks to trade on a pvp server.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    korodullin wrote: »
    Hate:
    "Average Wait Time: 12 Min

Time In Queue: 42 Min 31 Sec"

Addendum: And then having the queue finally pop, only to get stuck in an eternal loading screen, likely thanks to some busted addon.
    I had a wait like that once. When it finally popped, it was right as I was click a corpse to loot it. Declined.

I was sad.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You know something is up when your level 26 shaman waits in a dungeon queue for less time than your 80 priest. Consistently. Sometimes to dps.

Not necessarily a bad thing though, as the dungeon queue at low levels is really awesome when you're sick to death of heroics over and over again.

Cilla Black on
This discussion has been closed.