As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2010 BYOC Info/FAQ - BYOC REG LIVE

• Options
    ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    itzerokewl wrote: »
    Asiina wrote: »
    Uh, I just noticed as I was getting ready to print off everything I need. The confirmation email says that they will be emailing me the barcode two days before PAX. I'll already be there by then, so I won't have the ability to print out my barcode.

Find me, PM me, email me ZeroHourHero@gmail.com

My hotel has complimentary office facilities including printing, Im willing to help you out if Im free.

My Hotel is The Lenox its right down the street from the hynes, so you have an idea of location.

Ditto, I'm also at the Lenox so if Zero isn't free you can try and find the other zero :)

Dear Zer0, when are we getting lunch: The end.

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    three quick questions.
    1. headphones only or can i bring my speakers
    2. any offical listing of tournys atm
    3. as long as i made a account for a seat can i still pay later than the 22nd or if the money isn't in by tomorrow i'm screwed?

1) Headphones only. If you hook up speakers you will be told to put them away and not to use them.
    2) http://www.paxsite.com for the PC tourneys. if you mean the BYOC contests, then no. They will be listed on the intranet page when you are actually there.
    3) Yes we can do onsite BYOC ticket sales. Theres about 40 left at this point so we can safely say there will be some available, but at first come first serve.
    Go to registration on the 1st floor to get that.
    Asiina wrote: »
    Uh, I just noticed as I was getting ready to print off everything I need. The confirmation email says that they will be emailing me the barcode two days before PAX. I'll already be there by then, so I won't have the ability to print out my barcode.

Barcodes go out on monday. If possible use the free business center in your hotel (if it has one) to print it out. We *CAN* look you up by ID/email/phone/etc but you will be scowled at for holding up the line because its a lot of extra work :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Okay, Monday is fine. I'm leaving Wednesday morning and only have a printer at work, so as long as I get it sometime before Tuesday afternoon it'll be fine.

Although causing scowls does sound like a bit of fun... :D

Asiina on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    If theres a huge line of people all with barcodes and you are there without one, we will be taking care of the people with barcodes first, then you will receive a scowling by both me and Minja :P

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Scowls all around!

Asiina on
  • Options
    the_stamythe_stamy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere; I looked but didn't see it in this thread.

On the PAX world map, it looks like the upper deck of the main theatre is across the hall from BYOC. Will it be possible to enter the Keynote from the same level as BYOC, or do we need to go downstairs and stand in line after we've set up? I know the queue to get into the Expo hall is downstairs, not sure about the line for Keynote...

the_stamy on
  • Options
    [H]olyGeekboy[H]olyGeekboy PAX dad and PC builder ClevelandRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    the_stamy wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere; I looked but didn't see it in this thread.

On the PAX world map, it looks like the upper deck of the main theatre is across the hall from BYOC. Will it be possible to enter the Keynote from the same level as BYOC, or do we need to go downstairs and stand in line after we've set up? I know the queue to get into the Expo hall is downstairs, not sure about the line for Keynote...

I too am curious about this. What's the protocol: We're showing up early at the BYOC to set set up; where and when should we bolt to to ensure Wheatonarity?

[H]olyGeekboy on
    p3HkbcM.png
  • Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited March 2010
    I too am curious about this. What's the protocol: We're showing up early at the BYOC to set set up; where and when should we bolt to to ensure Wheatonarity?
    For auditorium seating, you'll basically need to embark on an epic journey....across the hall. The line for stadium seating will start basically at the entrance to the stadium seating, so you'll have a pretty good way to get into the keynote.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    For auditorium seating, you'll basically need to embark on an epic journey....across the hall. The line for stadium seating will start basically at the entrance to the stadium seating, so you'll have a pretty good way to get into the keynote.

What's the difference? The level you are seated on? Which one is better for epiclier view? Is the queue room going to be used less for main theater shtuff this year?

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    What's the difference? The level you are seated on? Which one is better for epiclier view? Is the queue room going to be used less for main theater shtuff this year?
    Yea, this is just for the upper deck seating. As far as which is better, it's probably pretty subjective. You won't get as close to the action on the upper deck, but it's probably easier to see everything from up top, especially if you get in the front row (which, for byoc folk) is likely.

And the Queue room is going to be used specifically for ground level on all the main theatre content.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just got my GeForce LAN bar code...is it Friday yet?????

itzerokewl on
    signature.png
  • Options
    [H]olyGeekboy[H]olyGeekboy PAX dad and PC builder ClevelandRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    Heck yes, barcode received. It's on like Donkey Kong.

/The only thing I can school anyone on is Quake 3

[H]olyGeekboy on
    p3HkbcM.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    We played so much Quake 3 back in 07 because it was an Omegathon round and three of the IRC people were Omeganauts that year.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited March 2010
    Wish I could buy more CD keys for friends, though it is only $10 on Steam. May have to bring the Threewave installer and some maps anyway... :)

/Capturestrike is fun as hell.......lo, nurse!

[H]olyGeekboy on
    p3HkbcM.png
  • Options
    Zer078Zer078 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    God i spent way too much of my life in Quake 3 (that and Everquest)

Zer078 on
    PAX EAST: 3 day pass
    Pc gamer for life
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Oh, Quake, how I miss thee. Although for me it's mainly Quake2 + Threewave.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    My love of Q3 got me into PA back in '00, when someone in our clan linked a PA comic on our forums. Now I have all the books and some merch and and and... :)

[H]olyGeekboy on
    p3HkbcM.png
  • Options
    GentlemanneGentlemanne Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Heh, defiantly going to have Quake 3 installed, without it i would have never have got though some of those lectures at College :P

Gentlemanne on
  • Options
    thorkonthorkon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm done! Ha ha it will be at the byoc! I think i'm delirious as its so late >.>

IMG_1249-1.jpg

IMG_1317-1.jpg

thorkon on
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    thorkon wrote: »
    I'm done! Ha ha it will be at the byoc! I think i'm delirious as its so late >.>
    IMG_1249-1.jpg

IMG_1317-1.jpg

Hey look! I see the companion cube, therefore these images are not a lie.

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    thorkonthorkon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ha, it snuck itself in the pic! Its a good cube though.

Heres the video of the case:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAq2_QkjGIE

thorkon on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I totally like your use of those case feet better than my use. Kudos!!

[H]olyGeekboy on
    p3HkbcM.png
  • Options
    TheTerribleManTheTerribleMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    How about QuakeLive? That's how I've been getting my Q3 fix, since I got rid of my Q3 disc a long time ago. If QL won't do it, and people are going to be playing Q3, then I'll repurchase for some CTF goodness.
    Heh, defiantly going to have Quake 3 installed, without it i would have never have got though some of those lectures at College :P

TheTerribleMan on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    How about QuakeLive? That's how I've been getting my Q3 fix, since I got rid of my Q3 disc a long time ago. If QL won't do it, and people are going to be playing Q3, then I'll repurchase for some CTF goodness.

QuakeLive is great to keep the game alive, but you lose the raw flexibility in mods and maps, right?

I think $10 on Steam is well worth it, along with Q3 Threewave 1.7 (free)

[H]olyGeekboy on
    p3HkbcM.png
  • Options
    benswimmingbenswimming PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just got the welcome to BYOC email and the wall of text it entails.

benswimming on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omeganaut
    Twitter: sweeneyben
    XBL: Disco Ball
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Got my barcode all printed out. No scowls will be necessary!

Asiina on
  • Options
    TheTerribleManTheTerribleMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, but it's $20, not $10.

EDIT: Haha, it looks like next week, starting the Monday after PAX, Steam will have a 50% discount on all Quake games.

TheTerribleMan on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Good to know everything finally went out :)

BigRed on
  • Options
    KnolandKnoland Hungry Hungry Hippo VermontRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My printer is being stupid so my barcode is crappy near the bottom, will this still work? Also, I have an iPhone, so could that be scanned? :P

Knoland on
    PAX EAST 2014: Ticket/Enforcing[x] Hotel [x] Travel [x]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, but it's $20, not $10.

EDIT: Haha, it looks like next week, starting the Monday after PAX, Steam will have a 50% discount on all Quake games.

Really?? I swear I was out there three days ago for $10, maybe I'm wrong. I bought the entire Unreal pack for $0 to get my UT2004 and UT Gold on; never played Unreal III though.

[H]olyGeekboy on
    p3HkbcM.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Just got the welcome to BYOC email and the wall of text it entails.

It's wordy but it looks like Big Red covered as many bases as possible to prevent a flurry of confused questions.

/I liked it, but I'm a wordy SOB myself

[H]olyGeekboy on
    p3HkbcM.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I've received no wall of text from Red.

Asiina on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    If you didn't get it, for some reason, you can basically see it here:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=14089589&postcount=253

As far as it being wordy, imagine if we had included each and every byoc activity (as we've done in previous years). ;)

David Coffman on
  • Options
    kstrike155kstrike155 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't have Battlefield Bad Company 2 yet, and I feel like it's going to be dominating at the BYOC. Does anybody want to go in on a Squad Pack from Steam together?

Here's the link:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/24960/

The cost is $149.97 split 4 ways, making the game only $37.50 each (normal price is $50). I would be willing to accept PayPal payments of $38.90 (to cover the 2.9% + .30 fees) and gift the game to your Steam account.

It would be great if we could get this done before the BYOC!

Cheers,
    Brian

kstrike155 on
  • Options
    openflyopenfly Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Here's a teaser for my mod...

I took some more photos this evening but, I don't feel like posting them yet... too close to done for it to be worth it.

4452510497_f66d042784_m.jpg

openfly on
  • Options
    w00dm4nw00dm4n Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    would buying W@W and MW2 pc be a good idea?

plus is anyone buying GFWL Game Room games? i'm not sure what they'll have tomorrow but there's bound to be a few 2 player games.

w00dm4n on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    w00dm4n wrote: »

Not for the BYOC, however, BC2 would be good.

Knoland on
  • Options
    macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I know my group of 5 really wants to play a bunch of MW2. I just picked it up...and I suck at it.
    I'll be trying to play a lot of TF2, L4D2 and such.

macrogeek on
  • Options
    kstrike155kstrike155 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Knoland wrote: »

What makes you think MW2 won't be played at the BYOC? Knowing how LPANE's Nor'Easter events have been, MW1 was always a huge hit at the LAN.

I anticipate it will be one of the bigger games there.

Brian

kstrike155 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    kstrike155 wrote: »
    Knoland wrote: »

What makes you think MW2 won't be played at the BYOC? Knowing how LPANE's Nor'Easter events have been, MW1 was always a huge hit at the LAN.

I anticipate it will be one of the bigger games there.

Brian

Cause it doesn't have dedicated servers so it's a pain to play with people at a LAN. MW1 has dedicated servers, so it's easy.

Knoland on
This discussion has been closed.