As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

In the Year Three-dee Thousand

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    twilight princess was entirely worth it for most of the boss fights and also fighting iron knuckles
    everything else was kinda forgettable but a lot of most games is kinda forgettable

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    FuzzFuzz Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Maybe you're forgettable!

Fuzz on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I thought most of the Twilight Princess boss fights were too easy, though this is not to say they weren't fun

I enjoyed the combat, and using the sword on horseback was fucking boss, and also I fucking could not get enough of Link's little twirly move with the sword before resheathing it

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I fuckin' love me some fights with iron knuckles

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Also I loved having the bomb-arrows back

Also I forget the name of it but the challenge pit out in the desert was a lot of fun

You know the thing

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    At the very least, there will never be a time I'll say I regret playing Twilight Princess, if only because of the Spinner boss. Now that was a fantastic battle.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    When I first played TP I was really disappointed with it. But, I eventually gave it a second playthrough and liked it a lot more now that I didn't have high expectations. I still think it's the weakest of the 3D Zeldas though.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    my favorite bit of twilight princess was the yeti mansion and the dungeon with the spinner (arbiter's grounds?)

but as I mentioned earlier, I hate hate HATED the ending

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    Chompskers.Chompskers. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Pokemon will still make the same sounds

Chompskers. on
    The lastest of eff-emms.
    P: 1634 0144 0510
    HG: 5285 4128 5154
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    best zelda, imo

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I kind of mostly played Twilight Princess for Midna

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    WoodroezWoodroez Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    At the very least, there will never be a time I'll say I regret playing Twilight Princess, if only because of the Spinner boss. Now that was a fantastic battle.

I remember the spinner, but not the boss.

Woodroez on
    858213-butcher-2.jpg
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    lol Twilight Princess

8g58utj.jpg

Peccavi on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    shoulda been a 9.8

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    God, I remember when IGN gave Metroid Prime a 9.8

There was a supreme bitchfest on the forums and elsewhere that the game did not merit a 10.0

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    WoodroezWoodroez Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Peccavi wrote: »
    lol Twilight Princess

I liked TP a good deal, but that review prooved to me that Jeff Gerstmann is a bit ahead of the curve in this whole game-reviewing thing. A very well-thought out review.

Woodroez on
    858213-butcher-2.jpg
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Twilight Princess was a lot of fun, and Midna was awesome, but it was far from revolutionary.

I guess it's hard to blame them for not messing too much with a working formula cause when you try to do that you get Wind Waker's sailing and well fuck that noise.

Adus on
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Like Mario Galaxy, a very cool concept, only used in that area (and then again to obtain rupee-filled chests)

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    A side-scrolling Metroid would look SO SWEET with the 3D visuals. Being able to see multiple planes popping in and out, stretching back into the DS... that would be slick!

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yes yes, I know that Speed, damnit

I just mean on a handheld, with the same kind of thing that video back on the first page showed, where it looks like the game literally stretches into the DS with the 3D trick or whatever.

edit: This one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5QSclrIdlE

Just that, with Metroid.

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Woodroez wrote: »

I remember the spinner, but not the boss.

It was the big skeleton dragon thing

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I never really got why everyone loved that boss so much. I mean there wasn't anything wrong with it, but I missed what made it so special.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    same here.

I liked the sky palace and how Link shoots himself out of a cannon, and when he's done, shoots himself back to the ground.

Fuzz on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I watched my sister play twilight princess a lot more than I played it

never really got into zelda

and even I was disappointed with how underutilized the spinner was
    ridin' spinnas

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thinking that Twilight Princess is the best zelda is the worst opinion. Seriously, the worst.

Worst overworld

Easiest Dungeons

Crappiest sidequests

Worst art style (which I guess is still pretty good anyway)

Some pretty good music

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I liked the art style, whatsa matta you

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Legend of Zelda

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    celda

Nuzak on
  • Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I liked the art style, whatsa matta you

I liked the art style, but Nintendo if you're going to use it again please add some colour in next time - Love MikeRyu mwah mwah xx

I'm a Zelda freak. It's my favourite series, which is why I'm so frustrated waiting for the new one. Three Mario platformers on the Wii and yet no Zelda at all yet (TP doesn't count).

I can't decide between Ocarina or Wind Waker as my favourite. A Link To The Past has a special childhood place in my heart though, and I have a real love/hate relationship with Majora's Mask.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I read "three-dee thousand" in the same voice\intonation as the little cloud people from don hertzfeld animations.

3D GLASSES

Dadouw on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I love that video

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2010
    the first three zelda games were the best

and then the first gameboy one was great too

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    two months until galaxy 2 comes out

pretty stoked

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The art design was pretty good but shit gotta be poppin in the legend of zelda.

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    two months until galaxy 2 comes out

pretty stoked

Speaking of which, girlfriend pointed this out to me.

amazon link
    Order Super Mario Galaxy 2 and get $20 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Promotion valid on all existing orders. Limit of both one per household and one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Fuzz on
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Adus wrote: »
    Twilight Princess was a lot of fun, and Midna was awesome, but it was far from revolutionary.

I guess it's hard to blame them for not messing too much with a working formula cause when you try to do that you get Wind Waker's sailing and well fuck that noise.
    please fall in a well

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    no love for Minish Cap?

man the royal crypt music in that game made me nostalgia so hard

damn totp ok here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmBn2vvFDtg

Beasteh on
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Minish Cap... never played it.

And now I think I've made a horrible mistake. God damn, I need money.

Monsty on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Minish Cap's fun. I dunno, I started with Ocarina and LttP is the only 2D one that really managed to grab me.

Well, the original actually did too, but it was just too hard. And it was the bad, unfair kind of hard.

That is a good song though.

Speed Racer on