As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pre-PAX Bar Crawl] Pokecrawl Episode 1: The Adventure Begins!

• lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    May I have the attention of Team Squirtle members? Thank you.

Those heading to the dinner at Fire+Ice, please PM me. The PokeProf and PokeAssts need a more-or-less accurate headcount.

lucazzo on
    PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
  • Rex BeaversRex Beavers Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I choose you, green pokeman man. Minimal Effort was made in this post.

Rex Beavers on
  • Skeith27Skeith27 Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    I choose you...!Squirtle

I guess I'm joining too late to get the goodies...

Skeith27 on
  • VenomSpawnVenomSpawn Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    I choose you, !Squirtle.

I live Boston area and had been wondering if there would be any pre con stuff (mostly involving bars). Guess no goodies for me, but as long as I drink I'll be good.

VenomSpawn on
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I choose you, !Bulbasaur!

This is going to be amazing. I think I might make a Shaymin shirt. I'm trying to think of good green pokemans.

What's a "shaymin"? :?:

Also, this will be the last update to the rosters as I will be printing them out. At tis point you either show up or you don't. See you tonight!

Atlus Parker on
  • rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Blue Team. The shirts are done. Those who wanted them, I'll be outside of Kings a little early if you want to pick them up. I have some extras if anyone wants them. They are in XL and L. See you tonight!!!!

rentfn on
  • plastic_girlplastic_girl Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    arsonisfun: lulz I had never heard that one until I moved there. I'm assuming you're closer to Allston rock city?

Atlus Parker:

shaymin.png?w=332&h=288&h=288

SHAYMIN!!! (pokemans #492) Might not happen though if I don't have enough time to get back to my house after class. :( I do have a fun pink flower to put in my hair though!

plastic_girl on
    edited March 2010
    I like the original shaymin model, over the platinmum one... err... I mean, what's a shaymin?

VenomSpawn on
  • arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    arsonisfun: lulz I had never heard that one until I moved there. I'm assuming you're closer to Allston rock city?

Atlus Parker:

shaymin.png?w=332&h=288&h=288

SHAYMIN!!! (pokemans #492) Might not happen though if I don't have enough time to get back to my house after class. :( I do have a fun pink flower to put in my hair though!

a hedgepig with a flower? interesting ....

yea, I'm in that lovely area where Allston, Brighton, and Brookline all come together. It's ok ... besides having to take the B line.

arsonisfun on
    I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
    edited March 2010
    VenomSpawn wrote: »
    I like the original shaymin model, over the platinmum one... err... I mean, what's a shaymin?

What's a shaymin is the correct answer.

To all PokeProfs/PokeAssts: Will be at the Pour House at 8pm if not earlier if you need to pick up your packets. If you need to pick them up earlier please call or text me to arrange something.

Atlus Parker on
  • PinkysAvengerPinkysAvenger Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i'll probably be at the pour house a little early for dinner too. cant beat 5 dollar burgers.

you'll know i'm with the crawl

PinkysAvenger on
    edited March 2010
    These packets are heavy...with destiny!

Atlus Parker on
  • NightmaireNightmaire Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    I choose you! !Squirtle

Wow, I haven't posted on these forums since I was in Keepers of the Wang. Looking forward to the crawl!

Nightmaire on
    I'll kill you.
  • rabhimself6rabhimself6 Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    I choose you, !Bulbasaur!...even though I'll probably end up just choosing the bottom of several tall glasses of PBR at the Pour House instead of actually moving anywhere

rabhimself6 on
    edited March 2010
    I'm heading into Boston now. Any last minute question just post them here. PokeProfs/PokeAssts: You guys can just text or call me. ;)

Atlus Parker on
  • BlackcatbonifideBlackcatbonifide Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Hiya myself and Sporksmith plan to tag along as team Squirtle standby players this evening!

Blackcatbonifide on
  • def PDdef PD Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just a friendly headups to team squirtle trainer asst. Ill b late. Prolly show up round 10-11pm. Hold my button n card plz! Thnx in advance! Have fun kids n c u on the training grounds!

def PD on
    This is why we can't have nice things!
    edited March 2010
    yea, I'm in that lovely area where Allston, Brighton, and Brookline all come together. It's ok ... besides having to take the B line.

I pass by that area, I did today in fact. I work at Boston College. Currently living on northeastern campus, and a needham-ite in origin.

VenomSpawn on
  • XyloXylo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So, any additional advice for those of us that aren't officially participating in the crawl, but want to try to meet up with one of the teams (all of the teams?) at some point after the start? I am busy at least until 10pm, but wanted to try to maybe meet up with folks for part of the crawl sometime after that...

Just watch twitter? Just randomly head to one of the locations at a given time that they will be there? Something else?

Xylo on
  • Postal KittyPostal Kitty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I wish I had a costume as then I could participate for the last badge. Woe is me. ;'(

Postal Kitty on
  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Xylo wrote: »
    So, any additional advice for those of us that aren't officially participating in the crawl, but want to try to meet up with one of the teams (all of the teams?) at some point after the start? I am busy at least until 10pm, but wanted to try to maybe meet up with folks for part of the crawl sometime after that...

Just watch twitter? Just randomly head to one of the locations at a given time that they will be there? Something else?

I would keep a copy of the schedule on hand, and then head to the bar your chosen team is supposed to be at. I don't think that roving gangs of drunk pokemon will be hard to spot...

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • SamLunnySamLunny Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i don't know how this works, but I'd like to back out of team squirtle. i cant make it tonight sadly, so give my badge to another worthy starmie lover.

SamLunny on
  • 1up1up Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is it too late to join?

1up on
    tf2_sig.png
  • tehnakkitehnakki Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    1up wrote: »
    Is it too late to join?

Nope! Just pick a team, look at the first post of this thread for where their first bar is, and show up there at 8:30 :)

tehnakki on
    Hufflepuff for lief, muthafuckers!

the 'teh' is silent: eljay ~ * ~ twitter ~ * ~ ravelry ~ * ~ last.fm
  • 1up1up Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ok then I choose you!charmander

1up on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Odd question, but can someone direct me to king's from the hynes T station?
    had hoped to have done some exploring before now, but events since arriving here have kinda robbed me of that ability!

Baka Al on
  • lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Baka Al wrote: »
    Odd question, but can someone direct me to king's from the hynes T station?
    had hoped to have done some exploring before now, but events since arriving here have kinda robbed me of that ability!

Get out at Hynes, facing Mass Ave (BIG street. The small one is Newbury).

You're facing Mass Ave? good. Walk to your left. You'll walk on top of a highway and soon intersect Boylston St.

Cross Boylston St. and take a left. Look up. See the Sheraton and Hilton signs? walk towards them. Dalton St. will be on your right, and Kings has a BIG sign.

lucazzo on
    PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
  • realisticradicalrealisticradical Durham, NCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Baka Al: When you leave Hynes you'll be facing Massachusetts Avenue. Take a left. Then take your first left onto Boylston St.

As you walk down Boylston you will probably notice that you're crossing a bridge. Once you're across the bridge take your first right onto Dalton St. You'll can see the big sign for kings from Boylston St. It is in the same building as Bukowski's. (Dalton St faces a fire station.)

If you pass Cactus Club on your left or you see the Hynes Convention Center across the street on your right you've gone too far.

Note: There is an exit from they Hynes stop that puts you on Boylston St and also one that puts you on Newburry Street. They're lesser exits so you're not as likely to use them but from Newburry Street just take one extra left to put you on Massachusetts Ave.

(Edit: Darn I came in second)

realisticradical on
  • Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Cheers guys, i think i can find my way up there now =0)
    I'm looking at getting there for about 8, so if any of team squirtle arrive early, just look for the dude with his left arm in sling!

Baka Al on
  • cbrcbr Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I have about a thousand songs on my iPhone - Was just listening to it on random and the Pokerap came on. Don't ask why I have that song on my iPhone, but I think it's safe to say that it was fate. Go team red. Headed to Pour House at 6pm to practice.

cbr on
  • Randy SavageRandy Savage Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Team !Pikachu, I choose you! Beware my dry English jokes that nobody laughs at and impressive amateur dancing skills. Probably.

Randy Savage on
  • NotSoEpicNotSoEpic Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    I choose you !Pikachu! Bit of a last minute sign up but Willeth pointed us in the direction of this one today. :)

Look forward to meeting folks!

NotSoEpic on
  • agentmobiusagentmobius Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I choose you, !Charmander. Because you start at the Pour House, and that is exactly where I want to be.

agentmobius on
  • jeffiethepiratejeffiethepirate Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    I CHOOSE YOU !Squirtle +1

jeffiethepirate on
  • TheOneWhoStoodUpTheOneWhoStoodUp Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm not going to bother choosing a team because I'm not sure if I'll make it. If I do, I'll probably just go to one of the bars listed at some point and chat up any of the folks with buttons and whatnot. I'll throw a Child's Play donation at one of the professor folks if I end up catching one the groups. Hope to see some of you folks out there!

TheOneWhoStoodUp on
    That's pretty far out, man!
  • kfdavilakfdavila MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    http://twitpic.com/1aw0k6

poke
    and
    rally

kfdavila on
  • cbrcbr Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It's aparently both mexican and Syracuse night at pour house, so it's loaded with Syracuse fans and half priced Mexican food. Like I think they stopped letting people in, until people leave. It's probably too late to change bars, but I don't think the first few groups will get in.

cbr on
  • SammySammy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    *cough*

for the record.

i'm the god of the pokeSING!!!

:winky::winky::winky:

Sammy on
    Go Team !Squirtle!!!! Nurse Joy Pokecrawl '11

PAX EAST 2012: HOTEL [X] FLIGHT [] PASSES [X] TIME OFF []
  • ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    For the Record: Team Red is Victorious.

ZeroHourHero on
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I dunno - Team Blue rocked the Kings all night long. . . . every time we tried to leave, we found ourselves right back at home base, and hosting the other teams. A great time was had by all!

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

This discussion has been closed.