As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Happies, Hates, Hopes and Preparation H

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You know something is up when your level 26 shaman waits in a dungeon queue for less time than your 80 priest. Consistently. Sometimes to dps.

Not necessarily a bad thing though, as the dungeon queue at low levels is really awesome when you're sick to death of heroics over and over again.

Yeah it usually is.

Though one thing I've noticed is that the healer queue seems to have jumped at low levels. It used to be I could barely walk my priest from the bank to the AH before a queue popped. Now it's longer than an average heroic.

Nobody on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    carebear? really hoping that term is being used ironically. otherwise I'm having flashbacks to trade on a pvp server.

I could not think of a derogatory term for bad raider.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    Edgler VessEdgler Vess Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nobody wrote: »
    You know something is up when your level 26 shaman waits in a dungeon queue for less time than your 80 priest. Consistently. Sometimes to dps.

Not necessarily a bad thing though, as the dungeon queue at low levels is really awesome when you're sick to death of heroics over and over again.

Yeah it usually is.

Though one thing I've noticed is that the healer queue seems to have jumped at low levels. It used to be I could barely walk my priest from the bank to the AH before a queue popped. Now it's longer than an average heroic.

Ive got a theory about why this is:

People are playing a lot of alts near the end of a patch cycle, thus the Q is a bit faster at lower levels, I noticed this on my Facerolling Paladin last week, when I was Queing up as DPS and getting spots in about 8 minutes or so. Now that the new 3.3.3 patch has hit (Granted its not a lot of content, but there is some intresting stuff going on with it) people are playing thier mains a bit more...My same Paladin takes about 15 minutes or so to get a DPS spot on a dungeon run. This could all be something I just pulled out of my ass, as we haven't had the Random Dungeon tool for a terribly long time, but it seems like it would prove to be correct over the long haul.

Edgler Vess on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm loving the dungeon tool right now, but it's going to be annoying come 80 when I realize I've done almost no quests the entire time and have no rep in pretty much everything.

Or, hell, even sooner than that, since I'll need to do that anyway to snag epic flying at a cheaper price with Ogrimmar rep.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    carebear? really hoping that term is being used ironically. otherwise I'm having flashbacks to trade on a pvp server.

Scrub.

reVerse on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, they suck now.
    Scrubs_300x300.jpg

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy : Did ICC 10 8/12 in a little more then 2 hours. Only one wipe on putricide, Frank fist try.

Hate: BPC is still fucking us over.

Hope: Sindragosa gets killed and drops her caster shield tomorrow.

Drunken Bastard on
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: I can't join a damn group through the LFG system. I keep getting d/c'd or being laggy as hell when I try port inside.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You guys can clear Putricide but not BPC? We're still having trouble with dang Rotface, but the Council is only a one or two wipe ordeal. Not looking forward to our Putricide attempts at all.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    You guys can clear Putricide but not BPC? We're still having trouble with dang Rotface, but the Council is only a one or two wipe ordeal. Not looking forward to our Putricide attempts at all.

Yeah really dunno why - my guess is shock vortex and DPS slacking on the fireballs..But I'm busy healing.

Though we had our Putricide first last week only (als well as dreamwalker). And Rotface took us 3 weeks to learn.

We only tackled em last week so I'm really not complaining (much) .

Drunken Bastard on
  • Options
    slurpeepoopslurpeepoop Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: My quest to get all 10 characters (one of each class) to 80 has been sidetracked for a week due to the pokeymans and relationship issues.

Hope: I only have about two and a half levels to go, then I'm done looking at experience bars for another 7-8 months (well, at least on this account), so it should only take a few more hours. Then I can be cool like Forar!

Ultra Hope: I have time to outfit them all with badge gear and/or PVP honor gear before the xpac hits.

Spoilered for huge.
    wowscrnshot032410190423.jpg

slurpeepoop on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

"Moron" seems to work well for me.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh and...

Hate: Patch week. I get stuck at the loading screen 50% of the time and god forbid if I disconnect.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Yeah really dunno why - my guess is shock vortex and DPS slacking on the fireballs..But I'm busy healing.

Though we had our Putricide first last week only (als well as dreamwalker). And Rotface took us 3 weeks to learn.

We only tackled em last week so I'm really not complaining (much) .

Nah, last week was my shitty healing + Rune's dot kills the orbs. We would have killed them if cyclone hadn't gone tits up after swapping around.

This week was just tiredness (we did kill 8 bosses in 2 and a bitty hours). Healing and tanking are sorted. I've got keleseth tanking sorted. Just keeping the bombs up and we'll be completely fine. We'll get them tomorrow.

Happy: Moonkin dps sorted.
    Hate: No staff tonight.

Hope: Possible dagger from sindragosa. Failing that I'm going to buy a hilt. Make about 2-3k gold a day anyway so screw it.

danx on
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: My quest to get all 10 characters (one of each class) to 80 has been sidetracked for a week due to the pokeymans and relationship issues.

Hope: I only have about two and a half levels to go, then I'm done looking at experience bars for another 7-8 months (well, at least on this account), so it should only take a few more hours. Then I can be cool like Forar!
    Damn! Impressive.

I'll save my grats for the actual event! :)

Monsty on
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Got this in a PuG tonight.

Hate: Still looking for a decent guild.

Hope: I get these within a couple weeks, I just need the saronite now.

Aeyther on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

As long as your dps can put out more than 5k, putricide is a cake walk and it's just moving out of stuff that's bad and switching to adds. The tanks pretty much carry that fight with all the movement and switching they do. But bad dps means you won't get past phase3 because of the unhealable damage on the debuffs. Compared to the blood princes anyways.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: On the 25 man I run for my guild, only 5 guild members, including me, have signed up. the other 13 people signed up are outguild PUG.

Hate more: at least 5 of those outguild PUG, including my only paladins, my only shaman, and my offtank, are in the near future leaving to form their guilds own 25

Hate most: Saw a post on my realm forum that my guilds main 25 might have room for a warrior tank.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Woot: I won this last night. It's almost frustrating that my pally rolls gold on things I been trying for on my priest... My priest seen 5 of those mounts drops, this was the first time for my pally.

Happy: Got to play my shaman last night with my BF's druid. Got a string of really great randoms with no geese :)

Aeyther wrote:
    Happy: Got this in a PuG tonight.

I need to get my butt in gear in a ToC/ToGC25.

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Options
    GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy - Get into a VoA25 on my lock last night pretty quickly.

Happier - Only 1 other warlock, and I'm sitting at 3/5 T10 right now.. missing pants.

Happiest - Pants drop.....

Hate - I roll a 54 to his 56 I suck.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • Options
    JohnnyToxxicJohnnyToxxic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Decomposey wrote: »
    Hate: On the 25 man I run for my guild, only 5 guild members, including me, have signed up. the other 13 people signed up are outguild PUG.

Hate more: at least 5 of those outguild PUG, including my only paladins, my only shaman, and my offtank, are in the near future leaving to form their guilds own 25

Hate most: Saw a post on my realm forum that my guilds main 25 might have room for a warrior tank.

That's pretty hate.

I wish I could join you Cwn but with the wedding in 58 days my playtime is pretty non-existent.

JohnnyToxxic on
    Friend Safari Code: 0189-8920-9235
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Haaate: Monday evening the whole realmpool was down. Now it's happening again. I wasn't finished with the daily frost runs on all 80s. :(

Grobian on
  • Options
    mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Hit 60 on my warlock and decided, "Hey, let's respec for Haunt, I hear it's pretty good."

Happy^2: Haunt's pretty good guys. 8-)

mrsnackroad on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Grobian wrote: »
    Haaate: Monday evening the whole realmpool was down. Now it's happening again. I wasn't finished with the daily frost runs on all 80s. :(

Hello fellow cyclone victim :(

Got us in the middle of a BPC attempt...

Silly goose battegroup!

Drunken Bastard on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Gnutson wrote: »

I lost on t10.5 gloves to a mage doing less than 1.5k.

how

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Arivia wrote: »

I lost on t10.5 gloves to a mage doing less than 1.5k.

how

I couldn't even be mad about my loss because of that.

DamageDone.jpg

He was a beast.

Gnutson on
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Woo: 1 piece of 277 tier down, 3 to go.

Bleh: Very little DKP, I'm third on the list for the crossbow from LK.

Annoying: 40 rating off from the ArP hardcap, with food. I miss my crit...

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    adejaanadejaan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Got an ICC25 group that was good enough to at least kill Saurfang and the Rotting Frost Giant.

Hate: Rolled 22 on Bryntroll, Polar Bear Claw Bracers and the token from Saurfang.

adejaan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: had a 20 minute long whisper conversation with a new recruit about why, when we explicitly tell everyone to not link recount in raid, that it is equally obnoxious to link it in /say right before a new pull. I guess he had convinced himself that the real reason was that raiders hate orange lists.

hope: the Windrunner server is permanently dismantled and everyone on horde-side is given a free server transfer as an open apology from Blizzard for letting such realm travesty occur.

Grape Ape on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    Hate: had a 20 minute long whisper conversation with a new recruit about why, when we explicitly tell everyone to not link recount in raid, that it is equally obnoxious to link it in /say right before a new pull. I guess he had convinced himself that the real reason was that raiders hate orange lists.
    I ran a heroic with some idiot Mage who was linking recount after every other pull last night, he would then remind me that even though I had better gear than him he was still above me in the meters.

That's because I was tanking, you're also doing a third of the DPS of the other two (who were totally awesome).

815165 on
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: The mouthy Feral druid in AB wearing spell gear and whose talent priority is to "put a point in everything" (Armory is down or I'd link), does less damage than half the team yet feels the need to call everyone else useless and constantly whine.

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Got the dps chest piece off of Saurfang on Wednesday in my guild run. :D My co-worker fears that I'm going to surpass him in dps being done soon.

Hate: I am one of the afflicted with the damn load screen freeze issue that started with the last patch. :x Ever frickin' time I try to port to Northrend it locks on 100% and I have to close out and reload. This is even after clearing cache, wtf, disabling all add-ons, removing all add-ons and running a damn repair which cleared everything. Blizzard better figure out what's wrong since they seem to be asking for dxdiag stuff on the WoW forums thread about it.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Happy - Finally said screw it and FC'd my warlock

Hate - That was 7:00Central last night, as of 30 mins ago when I left home he was still a gnome. Hopefully in time for Friday night game night.

Gnutson on
  • Options
    NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Hate - That was 7:00Central last night, as of 30 mins ago when I left home he was still a gnome. Hopefully in time for Friday night game night.

:(

But gnomes are awesome!

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Neyla wrote: »

:(

But gnomes are awesome!

Dark side has cookies. Delicious delicious cookies.

Gnutson on
  • Options
    RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I want a human shaman so bad, as well as a human hunter. I know I'm not going to get any love for saying that but damn it it is what I want.

Happy: Finally got a piece of loot off of the new VoA boss.

Hate: It was on my long neglected warrior tank, and it was the DPS legs. >_<

RedDawn on
  • Options
    NijaNija Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Hate: I am one of the afflicted with the damn load screen freeze issue that started with the last patch. :x Ever frickin' time I try to port to Northrend it locks on 100% and I have to close out and reload. This is even after clearing cache, wtf, disabling all add-ons, removing all add-ons and running a damn repair which cleared everything. Blizzard better figure out what's wrong since they seem to be asking for dxdiag stuff on the WoW forums thread about it.
    Hate: Similar issue.

Double Hate: Not just Northrend. I try to log in my bank alt, get the org loading screen, bar progresses to full and it will just sit there (I left it once for over half an hour during a non-peak time). I close WoW, log in again, select the same character and it loads. =\ Luckily, I've found that when I try to switch to another character you don't have to repeat the same process. It seems, at least for me, that logging out (to petey to log in dragon) and logging back in fixes it (until you need to change characters again).

Nija on
    Priest lvl 110 Warlock lvl 9x DK lvl 110 Paladin lvl 9x Rogue lvl 8x

Steam Me
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I can't log in at all. It sucks ass.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Meh: I decided to get enchanting on my priest because I used to have it on my paladin(dropped it for inscription).

Ugh: The realization that I need to acquire the materials to level the entire god damn profession.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Mega hate: You know how I was getting the loading screen bug? Well now it just freezes after I enter my password and hit login.

I am honestly convinced that the universe is trying to stop me from ever playing this game. Every time there is an error you could get, I will get it. I even get errors nobody else has that I can't fix (Like freezing in dalaran after 3.3 came out for no reason and every time I start a thread in the forums I never get a response). I am just fucking sick of this game not working.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
This discussion has been closed.