As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF Phalla Signup List

thorgotthorgot there is special providencein the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
edited November 2007 in Critical Failures
Currently Running Game
Hylianbunny, helped by cj iwakura (Eternal Darkness) - Signups, Game Thread
Phalla Moderation Waitlist
  1. Frosteey (Phallagnarok)
  2. cj iwakura (Disgaea: Phalla of Darkness)
  3. AcidSerra (Dues Ex: Invisible War) [sic]
  4. Grundlterror (mobster)
  5. Saburbia (Fullmetal Alchemist)
  6. DarkPrimus (Transformers?)
  7. Psycholarry (World War I - A West Side Story Musical by Steven Sondheim and produced by Mel Brooks, critically acclaimed actor, producer and director)
  8. MrBlarney (Gods of Phalla)
  9. FunkyWaltDogg
  10. Anaximander (War For Arcadia)
  11. Last Son
  12. Ardor/Drez (Phallout)
  13. Zot (Resident Evil)
  14. neville (LoTR) (50-60)
  15. precisionk
  16. Bink (Calvinball)
  17. cheez (Xenosaga)
  18. Qorzm (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
  19. Grundlterror
  20. Psychocucumber (Dark Tower)
  21. visiblehowl (Snow Crash)
  22. Bliss 101 (???)
  23. TehSpectre (Bioshock)
  24. iamtheaznman (Romance of the Three Kingdoms)
  25. Gorilla Salad, screenplay based on a short story by mtvcdm (Captain Planet)
  26. thorgot (⁂⁂⁂)
  27. DevoutlyApathetic
  28. robothero (Where in the World is Phalla Sandiego)
  29. Locus (47 Ronin)
  30. Psycholarry (Viking)
  31. Rend (MMPRPG)
  32. mr paku (i think i've got a pretty good concept for one (twin peaks))

What this is
  • a thread for signing up to run games of Phalla, aka Mafia, in bold, bright colors. (New!)
  • a thread to post the theme and/or size of your game.
  • a way to figure out roughly how long it will be until somebody gets to run their game.
  • a thread to find people to help you run your game.
  • a thread to discuss mechanics, strategies, and ideas. (Until recently, Nerissa's thread was used instead.) (New!)
What this is not
  • a thread to sign up to host games in D&D. Use Richy's thread instead.
  • a thread to sign up to play games. Use the thread specific to the game you wish to join, instead.
  • a thread to sign up to host "mini" games. Contact the host of the current game to ask if you can start one. (New!)
Miscellaneous
  • This list is hardly binding; you can change your theme or size at any time without letting anybody know.
  • You can delay your turn if you aren't ready when the time comes.
  • Very few games could take more than two weeks or less than one, so you can estimate how long until person n gets to go as n weeks to 2n weeks.
  • Moderator-approved rule: No practical joke games. If the game is unexpectedly unbalanced, that's one thing, but don't waste our time on purpose.
  • If your game involves more than one thread, PM Thintaos to let him know. (New!)
  • There is no list to host a "Mini" Phalla. You must PM the person hosting the major game to ask his/her permission. Each "mini" should only be one thread, including signups. (New!)

Old Games
  1. Infidel (Death Note) - Signups, Game Thread
  2. Plutonium (A Song of Ice and Fire) - Signups, Game Thread
  3. Squashua (PhalLOST) - Signups, Game Thread and Game Thread
  4. Ardor and MrBlarney (Phalla Royale) - Signups, Game Thread
  5. robothero/life3 (Ultimate Fighting Championship: Robot Edition) - Signups, Game Thread, Junkyard
  6. Locus (Through The Greatwood) - Signups, Game Thread
  7. Bliss101 (French Revolution) - Signups, Game Thread, Jail
  8. Buzz Buzz (BANG!) - Signups, Game Thread
  9. Last Son (super-alliances) - Game Thread, Signups
  10. thorgot (Democratic File System) - Game Thread, Signups
  11. FunkyWaltDogg (Space Station 13) - Game Thread, Signups
  12. DarkPrimus (The Court of King Phallis) - Game Thread, Signups
  13. precisionk (Insane Asylum) - Game Thread, Signups
  14. Saburbia (Haunted House) - Game Thread, Signups
  15. PsychoLarry (Comic Book Style) - Game Thread, Signups
  16. Hylianbunny (The Zodiac Phalla Story) - Game Thread, Signups
  17. Gnasty (The Kingdom of Phalla vol. 1: The Caves of Phalla) - Game Thread, Signups
  18. EvilBadman (Phallanoia) (35-40) - Game Thread, Signups
  19. CJ Iwakura (Vampire: Masquerade) - Game Thread Signups
  20. Rygar (Space Phalla) (50) - Game thread, Signups
  21. RBB and VH (Soviet Phalla) - Game Thread, Politiburo, Signups
  22. ElJeffe (Phalliad) - Game Thread, Hades, Signups
  23. Visiblehowl (Kingdoms of Phallacia) - Game Thread, Signups

Old Minis:
  1. Zot - PhallAwsome
  2. Locus/thorgot - Monks on the Run
  3. MrBlarney - Set Phalla
  4. Hylianbunny - Matrix
  5. Aldo - Sheep&Wolves
  6. cheez - Logical Phallacy
  7. Drez - SMT: Digi-Devil Phalla
  8. cj iwakura - The Phalla of Haruhi Suzumiya
  9. robothero - Silence of the Phallas
  10. Ardor - Phalla Royale Test II
  11. Squashua - Phallus and Phagons
  12. robuthero - Zoidphalla
  13. DevoutlyApathetic - High School
  14. DevoutlyApathetic - Naughty&Nice
  15. Ardor - Phalla Royale Test I

A History Lesson:
robothero wrote: »
vampire phalla - the one where my cherry popped on the first night
phallanoia - the one where i helped the bad guys win
gnome phalla - the one where i was a bad guy and died early
zodiac phalla - the one where i was a bad guy and died near the end, but had an awesome team
comic phalla - the one where everyone thought i was a bad guy, then a good guy, then i died and came back to life
haunted phalla - the one where i was killed by my own teammate night 1
insane phalla - the one where i had no clue what was going on the entire time
court phalla - the one where DA (bad) tried to convince everyone i was bad
ss13 phalla - the one where i was a bad guy and we were flawless
file phalla - the one where i subbed in and did nothing of note
alliance phalla - the one where i subbed in as God-Emperor PrecisionK and launched havoc to the masses, convincing them i was a bad guy
greatwood phalla - the one where i was a villager, and sacrificed myself for a good guy victory
robot phalla - the one that i hosted
phalla royale - the one where i was a bad guy and ran away with victory (pun)
jdarksun wrote: »
Oh, man. Talk about a walk down memory lane...
  • Saburbia (Haunted House) - The one where I was Scrappy for two days (epic!).
  • PsychoLarry (Comic Book Style) - The one where I can't describe how awesome it was.
  • Hylianbunny (The Zodiac Phalla Story) - The one that started Zerinan's Day 2 death rule.
  • Gnasty (The Kingdom of Phalla vol. 1: The Caves of Phalla) - The one where TehSpectre stole the show (epic).
  • EvilBadman (Phallanoia) (35-40) - The one with the !zap fest (epic).
  • CJ Iwakura (Vampire: Masquerade - The one where everyone started grudging Shamus / I grudged Plutonium (very epic).
  • Rygar (Space Phalla) (50) - The one where I yelled at mtvcdm and Drez for three days (epic for me).
  • RBB and VH (Soviet Phalla) - The one where Lady Eri quit (legendary).
  • ElJeffe (Phalliad) - The one with Athan - epic.
  • Visiblehowl (Kingdoms of Phallacia) - The one where PsychoLarry1 sold us out.
Ardor wrote: »
  • Saburbia (Haunted House) - Stupid statues taking me away night 1 (villager).
  • PsychoLarry (Comic Book Style) - This was really fun to watch.
  • Hylianbunny (The Zodiac Phalla Story) - I got eaten night 3 because Plutonium sucks (Larg ninja).
  • Gnasty (The Kingdom of Phalla vol. 1: The Caves of Phalla) - I started with the shield item, which Shamus took. He then contacted me as Captain America. (Villager with item)
  • EvilBadman (Phallanoia) (35-40) - I was destroyed night 1 by phazer blasting. That was a lot of fun. I even took out athan with my blaster! (Villager)
  • CJ Iwakura (Vampire: Masquerade - Where I started my trend of making deals with my enemy. (Tremere stoncutter)
  • Rygar (Space Phalla) (50) - So it was written in the book of rage. Interesting to watch for sure.
  • RBB and VH (Soviet Phalla) - The one where Lady Eri quit (legendary). I was also put on the back of a milk carton thanks to the council abducting me. (villager)
  • ElJeffe (Phalliad) - Athan, I am jealous you had that chance. Yay resurrection staff! (Oracle - seer)
  • Visiblehowl (Kingdoms of Phallacia) - I didn't watch this one.
Bliss 101 wrote: »
  • Ardor + MrBlarney (Phalla Royale) - Teamed up with Niceguy Myeye in the beginning. I topped the kill count rankings. Had a lot of fun. FWD killed someone with a Spork.
  • robothero/life3 (Ultimate Fighting Championship: Robot Edition) - I died early, after which I was kind of clueless as to what was going on.
  • Locus (Through The Greatwood) - I was a bad guy, for the first time ever! And we had the awesome green goo power. Unfortunately TehSpecte vigilanted me, and he shall pay for it.
  • Bliss101 & Hylianbunny (French Revolution) - I hosted this one. It made my brain hurt.
  • Buzz Buzz (BANG!) - Bandwagoned DamnedLibrarian and he wasn't happy. My item was stolen and then I died.
  • Last Son (super-alliances) - Didn't play.
  • thorgot (Democratic File System) - I was a wacky pseudo-Guardian who seered as evil. Blocked one bad guy kill I think. Grundl made an awesome decision on the last night to figure out who the remaining bad guy was.
  • FunkyWaltDogg (Space Station 13) - Didn't play.
  • DarkPrimus (The Court of King Phallis) - I was Bernadette the Villager, and got killed early.
  • precisionk (Insane Asylum) - I was a villager. I posted in purple and got lobotomized. A wacky and fun game. People roleplayed a lot.
  • Saburbia (Haunted House) - Didn't play.
  • PsychoLarry (Comic Book Style) - Didn't play.
  • Hylianbunny (The Zodiac Phalla Story) - I was the Larg Knight! Our tiny network kicked ass and won the game.
  • Gnasty (The Kingdom of Phalla vol. 1: The Caves of Phalla) - I was a villager. Died on night 1.
  • EvilBadman (Phallanoia) (35-40) - Didn't play.
  • CJ Iwakura (Vampire: Masquerade) - I was a Brujah villager. Really enjoyed the narrations in this one. I think I caught a bad guy in this game (Gnasty?). Shamus the Giovanni made the game pretty interesting.
  • Rygar (Space Phalla) (50) - I was a villager. I kept a spreadsheet and was pretty active with the detective work, but my efforts were only rewarded with death.
  • RBB and VH (Soviet Phalla) - I was a villager. My first bandwagon on Hakkekage, and she turned out to be evil! I have always suspected her after that. Lady Eri left the building.
  • ElJeffe (Phalliad) - My first ODaM Phalla. Ardor and Lady Eri earned their reputation in this game. I was a villager. Got into the network too. An awesome game.
  • Visiblehowl (Kingdoms of Phallacia) - I didn't play in this one
Last Son wrote: »
Phalliad - Normal Villager, killed in the great massacre of night 3. Tried to bandwagon a guardian from beyond the grave(variable)
Soviet Phalla - Normal Villager, killed by Lady Eri night 1 for pointing out flaws in her plans.
Voyage to Phalla - Normal Villager, argued a lot with mtvcdm and was finally killed by FunkyWaltDogg(the alien)
V:tM - Normal Toreador, didn't do a whole lot. Was killed by Oboro the Keui-Jin
Phallanoia - Had zap-proof armor, was killed by mutants lighting me on fire with their minds
Caves of Phalla - Villager with a magnet(thief), killed by Tehspectre night 1 for posting in Haiku
Zodiac Phalla - The Goltana Seer, found a Lucavi night 1 and then things went downhill. Eventually killed by the Lucavi because I was revealed when I helped swing the vote at the last minute.
Phallopolis - Venus, goddess of love. Was killed by the villains night 1 and then came back to life night 4 and made a deal with the villains to kill the heroes, failed miserably.
Haunted Phalla - Shapeshifter, killed by Gnasty(I think) for reasons I never found out.
Phalla Asylum - Staff member, death by anal violation night 1 during a riot.
!BANG - Normal Villager, had my item stole night 1. Died from the outlaws.
Robot Phalla - Member of the white fanbase, I was pretty confused during the whole thing.
Phalla Royal Mk 2 - Regular student, had little contact with team and killed two people. Eventually killed by being shot in the back by Romantic Undead.
Phalliad - Nonparticipant.
Soviet Phalla - Nonparticipant.
Voyage to Phalla - Family member, made it to the last night before being converted by the Cultist.
V:tM - Ventrue, nothing special here. Killed by the Sabbat after becoming precisionk's Sensechal.
Phallanoia - Nonparticipant.
Caves of Phalla - Villager. Nothing special; got blown up night 4.
Zodiac Phalla - Ran this one.
Phallopolis - Participant, but had to drop very early.
Haunted Phalla - Nonparticipant.
Phalla Asylum - Staff member, got lobotomized quickly.
!BANG - Substitute, item stolen soon after I came in.
Robot Phalla - Member of the white fanbase, also pretty confused.
Phalla Royal Mk 2 - Regular student, originally part of the Spectre Brigade but ditched them. Got blown up...again.
RotTK (G&T): the Dong family vigilante, very successful with my kills (only one misfire and that was at the suggestion of a network member).
Aes Sedai (SE++): guardian, fucked up in the very first rounds because I wasn't around to send in a protection order but did decently after that as far as keeping the network covered went.
Heroes (SE++): ran it, and it was a headache. :P
Ad Astra (D&D): lived to the endgame, but lost because Cheez is crafty and hard to read.
Artefacts (D&D): Ended up being Thor, essentially, due to having a massive amount of artefacts.
Seriously wrote: »
Wheel of Time Phalla (SE++): Stonecutter who died on night 1 due to being chatty.

Heroes Phalla (SE++): Villager, both in the original and the remix. When Ardor came out as network head I acted as I was instructed but pointlessly gave him utter hell about it the entire way. Killed for helping with good-guy vote shenanigans later on in the game.

Harry Potter Phalla (SE++): Villager. Got nullified to no effect by a good-guy special for being chatty, got bandwagoned by a bad guy for sending out a frustrated appeal-for-help-PM to more experienced players. Laid down and died in hopes popular opinion would turn against Squashua after I was revealed good. It did, but it didn't matter.

Animorphs Phalla (SE++): Reserve called to action later on in round 1. Villager. Did my mundane best to keep cj alive, I think, even though I've this knee-jerk distrust of outed network heads it seems. Died mid-way through probably because I was chatty.

Viral Phallogy (SE++): Vigilante/Nullifier! But I always missed and didn't out myself for the purposes of network-heading soon enough in the 1st round. Aroused network head's suspicions by being chatty. Tried to go about the game non-conventionally (for SE) and act semi-independently of the network that I suspected could be compromised, but in the end got 3 good specials killed with with my "cleverness". Handed the early advantage to the bad guys, which they took and used to great effect.

Ultimate Fighting Championship: Robot Edition (oDaM): Vanillageresque. Greater help to my team dead than alive.

Phalla Royale (oDaM): Inextricably tied my fate to a bad guy almost before the game had started. Ran around mostly useless to either said bad guy or my team. Suicided before I could used the weapon I'd just acquired because my bad-guy lover was killed. Bittersweet.
TehSpectre wrote: »
  • Ardor + MrBlarney (Phalla Royale) - Founder of the ill-fated Spectre 5. I Talked a bit too much and intimidated people into voting me to death. I was shotgunned down first, so my 2nd in command died in my place.
  • robothero/life3 (Ultimate Fighting Championship: Robot Edition) - I must have been one of the few who knew what was goin' on in this Phalla. I was basically useless, until Ardor and I collaborated on a plan in the dead thread.
  • Locus (Through The Greatwood) - I was a gravedigger that was also a vigilante! I got a badguy bandwagoned on day one, then used my vigilante ability to kill 2 other badguys before I succumbed to the vote on day 3.
  • Bliss101 & Hylianbunny (French Revolution) - This game made my brain hurt. I was a member of the Church....but I was mostly inactive durning my run.
  • Buzz Buzz (BANG!) - I was one of the sheriff's deputies. I acted evil and layed low to survive till the end of the game. I was able to pick out one of the neutral roles as well as a baddie near the end. I trusted Zerinan and was killed on the final day because of it.
  • Last Son (super-alliances) - I was one of the parliment (I think) who had a vote manipulation ability. I joined up with someone, only to be killed a few days later.
  • thorgot (Democratic File System) - I can't remember my role in this game. I was basically worthless.
  • FunkyWaltDogg (Space Station 13) - I don't remember much about this one...Sorry FWD! I must've been a vanilla.
  • DarkPrimus (The Court of King Phallis) - I was a villager who was seered into a corrupt network. Through sheer paranoia and a bit of common sense, I rallied the good folk to kill FWD...who in turn stabbed me in the chest.
  • precisionk (Insane Asylum) - I was a villager who formed the ill-fated Spectre 5. I was stabbed in the neck by SenorFish (GorillaSalad) on day 1.
  • Saburbia (Haunted House) - I was just a regular guy during this game. Lasted a few days before I was killed...by something. I don't really remember.
  • PsychoLarry (Comic Book Style) - I joined in a few days into the game due to HylianBunny being inactive. I was a villager, but acted crazy and referred to my self as "we", implying that HylianBunny and I were the same person. I lived till the end of the game, where Grundl used a special item on me, causing me to grow Twin Cocks. :winky:
  • Hylianbunny (The Zodiac Phalla Story) - I was one of the Lucavi. I had just previously tricked everyone and won the CoP game and was getting bandwagoned on day 1. I was able to talk my way into surviving until day 3.
  • Gnasty (The Kingdom of Phalla vol. 1: The Caves of Phalla) - I was the Wraith! I tricked the goodguys into trusting me when I went on a 4 badguy killing spree over 5 days. On the last day, I killed the final villager to achieve the first neutral role victory in PA history.
  • EvilBadman (Phallanoia) (35-40) - I was zapped on day 1, I think.
  • CJ Iwakura (Vampire: Masquerade) - I was a Ventrue (I think) with no special abilities. I outted my clan on day 1 and came up with a kickass plan (which Grundl used and worked like a charm.) but was met with a lot of "You're a douche!" and "why should we listen to you!" complainers and was bandwagoned to death on the first day, dispite having an awesome plan.
  • Rygar (Space Phalla) (50) - I was a badass alien. I also got Infidel killed on day 2 or 3, who happened to be the Soldier (guardian). I was RNGed to death by an exploding person, thanks to the cultist.
  • RBB and VH (Soviet Phalla) - I was a villager. I happened to live till the last day, where I went a little crazy and tried a last ditch effort to save the day...that didn't quite work. I got one of my best roles in a narration from this game.
  • ElJeffe (Phalliad) - I was a villager. I was killed on the great massacre on day 3, thanks to RBB.
  • Visiblehowl (Kingdoms of Phallacia) - Trying to remember this one....and I can't. I assume I played in it...and I assume that I was a villager....I think I may have lived till the end as well.

I've been in a ton more in D&D. Was also in Aroduc's G&T game, and Shankill's SE++ game.

I am known for my uncanny ability to find specials, as well as the first person to ever win a phalla as a neutral role.
Plutonium wrote: »
Phalliad - Died night three in the great attack.
Soviet Phalla - Villager, didn't do a damn thing.
Voyage to Phalla - I had a Tazer(1-shot vig), and I networked up with Buzz Buzz and Saburbia to bring the nasty aliens to their knees. I think I was responsible for taking down FWD at the end.
V:tM - Assamite. GrimmyTOA and I brought the Sabbat (bad guys) to their knees, and almost won the game through a few shady deals. I could go on and on about what exactly happened this game (so insane), but it could be like a page.
Phallanoia - Villager, Zapped night 2.
Caves of Phalla - Villager, killed early on.
Zodiac Phalla - Lucavi. Seered night one, and killed night 2.
Phallopolis - Villager, Boxxored up night 3, released night 5, elected, and subsequently killed.
Haunted Phalla - Shapeshifter, killed mid-game (somebody cheated IMO)
Phalla Asylum - Octopus tattoo gang, teamed up with Ardor & Co to win in a massive victory.
!BANG -Villager, stuck with a shitty item(didn't even pick it). inconsequential.
Robot Phalla - Yellow Manager, was screwed with by the dead thread. (Cheeze!!!)
Phalla Royal Mk 2 - Student with a handgun, had a hugely improbably death night one (like a 6% chance of dying without killing anyone)
* Ardor + MrBlarney (Phalla Royale) - Got a collar deactivator AND was able to deactivate collars w/ my role ability. Spent the entire game running around like a little bitch. Teamed up with Raakam and Visiblehowl, deactivated their collars and escaped with Raakam's map.
* robothero/life3 (Ultimate Fighting Championship: Robot Edition) - I was the financier for the Deus Ex Machine. Spent a lot of money just to have someone sabotage our robot at the end.
* Locus (Through The Greatwood) -First time being a vanillager in a while. Got killed by Niceguy Myeye.
* Bliss101 & Hylianbunny (French Revolution) - I was a bad guy and I was able to seer as innocent and infiltrate MrBlarney's network. I had a lot of fun arguing with PrecisionK and helping shut the church's control down. Unfortunately, I rotted away in prison.
* Buzz Buzz (BANG!) - Guarded myself night 1, got attacked then my item went away. I was attacked again and died.
* Last Son (super-alliances) - I was a special that had extra voting powers and I was able to tip off TehSpectre that we had the same role by dropping a few hints. Didn't do much good, was killed almost immediately afterwards.
* thorgot (Democratic File System) - One of my favorites. I was a public runtime logger so I was able to figure out who was who when I knew who everyone was. Got lucky and got on a team with three guardians first night. Then I was invited onto DA's fake network, noticed he wasn't posting much in there and made a last minute vote change to him winning the game for us. It was quite epic.
* FunkyWaltDogg (Space Station 13) - Was evil as hell, on a legendary evil team. We didn't lose anyone until the last night, some would tell of it as a "flawless victory". Sailor Moon hilarity.
* DarkPrimus (The Court of King Phallis) - I was the poorest bastard in the game. Fortunately I was seered at the end and got on a network, otherwise I was more or less useless.
* precisionk (Insane Asylum) - Signed up late for this one but I got in a few days later. Tried to act insane, managed to attract a kill even though I was a villager.
* Saburbia (Haunted House) - Fun game, but was a normal villager.
* PsychoLarry (Comic Book Style) - Another awesome game, ended up accidentally killing one of the stonecutters in my network (though I contest it was his own damn fault) then had to come out as the new network mouth piece. One of our specials was MIA for most of the game, making it impossible for us to activate our special event. We got a really lucky roll on the RNG effect item that was being passed around the last night and managed to barely defeat the confederation of evil and the infamous Gabriel Gates (who was masterfully played by Jdarksun).
* Hylianbunny (The Zodiac Phalla Story) - First phalla being evil, survived until the last day where I planned a fantastic suicide but ended up getting betrayed and dying an uneventful death.
* Gnasty (The Kingdom of Phalla vol. 1: The Caves of Phalla) - I was a villager, died fairly early on... before the who Tehspectre madness
* EvilBadman (Phallanoia) (35-40) - Died day 1 because I said I fucking hated the eagles
* CJ Iwakura (Vampire: Masquerade) - Was encouraged to come out as a network mouthpiece since I was in one of the families. Ended up almost killing the seer on my first day, then proceeding to piss everyone off by PMing them ALL a message saying that I think they are evil and to prove themselves to me followed by the legendary killing of MrBlarney just as he joined the game.
* Rygar (Space Phalla) (50) - I was a villager. My first game being very active, I thought I made a lot of good judgements but they all ended up being wrong. I did guess that FWD was the last alien though (to Gnasty) and I was right.
* RBB and VH (Soviet Phalla) - My first game and I was a villager. The very first vote of the game went to me and then a bandwagon started on me. The only thing that saved me was AcidSerra being a lunatic. Then I went on to survive the whole game just to lose to DA's trickery.
* ElJeffe (Phalliad) - Just watched this one.
* Visiblehowl (Kingdoms of Phallacia) - I didn't play in this one
cj iwakura wrote: »
Phalla Royale - intended to have as much fun with this as I did with the practice sessions, died a very early death because I tried to take out a gunner with a pick-axe(bad idea)
Ultimate Fighting Championship: Robot Edition) - part of the blue team, which won, but I think that was mostly because of cheez's roboto leadership.
Through The Greatwood - day 1 death, normal.
French Revolution - normal, didn't contribute much.
BANG! - day 1 death, normal.
super-alliances - didn't enter.
Democratic File System - part of the Vampire Virus group, which I don't think ended well.
Space Station 13 - normal, I think.
The Court of King Phallis - didn't enter?
Insane Asylum - part of the bad guy group, and this was probably the toughest game imaginable to be that in.
Haunted House - early death, I think.
Comic Book Style - villain, and where I somehow got outed real fast, but had a blast with it.
The Zodiac Phalla Story - The most stressful endgame I've ever been in, since I was the network mouthpiece, and somehow lived all the way to the end.
The Kingdom of Phalla vol. 1: The Caves of Phalla - normal, I think.
Phallanoia - died day one, I think.
Space Phalla - first time I was ever bandwagoned, and I tried frantically to get myself unbandwagoned, and failed miserably.
Soviet Phalla - second phalla ever(my first was Aroduc's in G&T), thought I was part of the family specials, turned out I wasn't for some reason, died later on.
Phalliad - didn't enter.
Kingdoms of Phallacia - didn't enter.
RotTK: I suspected what precisionk and Thorgot(both on the same team, pretending to be against each other) were up to, way too late, but they were both on my team anyway. (I had a lover role)
Aes Sedai: I was so lost in this game.
Artefacts: didn't keep up.
Phalla Phalla: I still don't know how I lived until the end of that madness, but if it hadn't been for Ardor, our team(evil) would've won.
Animorphs: After this game, I may never want to be a network head again. The bad guys(who were extremely clever) kept trying new schemes to prove me evil, and it was madness constantly having to counter their claims. We had something of an insta-network going, which was definitely overbalanced in our favor as an afterthought, but it all worked out in a way. (The bad guys won in the end, and they deserved it.)

campionthorgotsig.jpg
thorgot on

• Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    So that there's a concrete list of whose phalla is up next.

Me Too! on
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Nerissa is updating her thread with the waitlist. I don't think this needs its own thread.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Okay, I want to sign up to host a game.

DarkPrimus on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Here were my reasons for this thread: There should be a stickied signup list. Nerissa's thread will have less posting in it if it is stickied. It was hard to pick out people signing up in Nerissa's thread.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    My Phalla will be the Phantasy Phalla: The Caves of Phalla

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Thor: CJ's Phalla is said to be of the Vampire: Masquerade variety.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    (by the way thorgot thanks for not capitalizing the B in my name, it always irritates me when people do that :P)

Hylianbunny on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I feel the need to point out that I'm actually fine with 2 small Phallas running at the same time.

I would actually be fine with all of them running at the same time, if I thought you'd get enough players. :P

Thanatos on
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Dang that filled up quick. I'm gonna sign up to host a game. Thinking a medieval fantasy theme. Still mulling over ideas in my head. With eleven people in front of me I should have plenty of time.

Locus on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I have most of my game planned out. So if anyone isn't ready and needs more time, I can slip on in there.

precisionk on
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'd like to sign up to host, going to be a mad scientist themed game. I'll probably need a couple months to write it all out but with almost a dozen people ahead of me that shouldn't be a problem.

Last Son on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Locus wrote: »
    Dang that filled up quick.

Look at the D&D list. If I signed up now for that, it'd probably be 2009 before I got a chance to host.

DarkPrimus on
  • NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I feel the need to point out that I'm actually fine with 2 small Phallas running at the same time.

I would actually be fine with all of them running at the same time, if I thought you'd get enough players. :P

I think the number of players is the big reason we need to be sequential. A significant portion of the people playing are the same from one game to another, and I know there's no way *I* can play more than one at a time, I imagine that I'm not alone in that.

BTW, I'm going to make the same suggestion here as I did in D&D -- when you sign up for a slot, try to give an estimate of how big of a game you are looking to run, so as to give future narrators a better idea of how long to expect your game to take so they can get a better idea when they will be up. (I'm also being selfish here -- because of time constraints, I need to pick and choose which games I'm going to play, and knowing how big they will be is a help in making those decisions.)

Nerissa on
    edited April 2007
    Phallanoia will have 3 confirmed deaths a day, plus other fun deaths. So I'm looking for somewhere between 35-50.

EvilBadman on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Who's running "Phallas in Uranus"?
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Phallanoia will have 3 confirmed deaths a day, plus other fun deaths. So I'm looking for somewhere between 35-50.

Damn. I had an idea for this a few weeks ago and had been working out mechanics for a while.

Squashua on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I want to do one eventually, but I know if I don't commit I'll never develop any of the ideas I have. Go ahead and put me on the list please.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Due to time zone issues I'm gonna need someone to help me run the game, but it looks like I'll have a year or so to find a co-GM, so... sign me up. I think the theme will be inspired by Dangerous Liaisons, since Rygar is already doing the space-Phalla I wanted to do, but this might change.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited April 2007
    My game is all set and ready to go. It is going to blow people's MINDS.

precisionk on
    edited April 2007
    Mark my words, once the waiting lists get a bit longer than this, people will start selling spots to run Phallas on Ebay.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited April 2007
    Due to time zone issues I'm gonna need someone to help me run the game, but it looks like I'll have a year or so to find a co-GM, so... sign me up. I think the theme will be inspired by Dangerous Liaisons, since Rygar is already doing the space-Phalla I wanted to do, but this might change.

I don't think anyone will mind more space Phallas. My ideas are all space-related.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited April 2007
    Mark my words, once the waiting lists get a bit longer than this, people will start selling spots to run Phallas on Ebay.

Then I reserve the next 8 spots.

precisionk on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2007
    They would go a lot faster if we could run one in SE++ and get them interested. Then we would have many converts.

Unknown User on
    edited April 2007
    Rygar wrote: »
    They would go a lot faster if we could run one in SE++ and get them interested. Then we would have many converts.

Nooooooo thank you.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007

D:

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited April 2007
    Be nice if we can run some in G&T.

precisionk on
    edited April 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    Who's running "Phallas in Uranus"?
    EvilBadman wrote: »

Damn. I had an idea for this a few weeks ago and had been working out mechanics for a while.

Feel free to fire me a PM if you had any unique ideas. :D

EvilBadman on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I don't know if I'd want to participate in a Phalla in Uranus, Squash, sorry.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Would anyone participate in a vanilla Star Wars phalla?

Gorilla Salad on
  • TalonrazorTalonrazor Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Man this is crazy. Phalla has got to be the most popular PA activity ever.

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
    edited April 2007
    Talonrazor wrote: »

People who want to host Phalla is popular. I don't think its going to last long enough to get through the lists. People get tired of it. But hey, they do want to come back as well, so who knows.

I would love to do a 110 Phalla for Wheel of Time, inside the White Tower. Make everyone roleplay as bitchy Aes Sedai.

Unknown User on
    edited April 2007

People who want to host Phalla is popular. I don't think its going to last long enough to get through the lists. People get tired of it. But hey, they do want to come back as well, so who knows.

I would love to do a 110 Phalla for Wheel of Time, inside the White Tower. Make everyone roleplay as bitchy Aes Sedai.

Sounds fun but you will never get 110 people who want to play. In fact, you probably wouldn't get 20 people who wanted to play in a game for 110.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm curious why it would need 110 players. Thats far bigger than the hall or any other gathering of Aes Sedai I can think of. It would also be a bitch to balance while keeping on theme.

Last Son on
    edited April 2007
    I'm curious why it would need 110 players. Thats far bigger than the hall or any other gathering of Aes Sedai I can think of. It would also be a bitch to balance while keeping on theme.

Plus, the thread would be 500 pages by day three.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited April 2007

I wanted to have seperate hearts for the Black Ajah, seven of them. So 21 total. So they would have to discover themselves as they tried to take over the tower. It wouldnt be a kill everyone win condition. It would be elect sitters to the hall and once there are more Black Sisters then good sisters they win.

Unknown User on
    edited April 2007
    There's a portion of the PA population who only feel bitterness and seething hatred towards the Wheel of Time series. I know the rules and narration would have to seem pretty damn awesome before I'd risk opening the psychological wounds I got reading book after book of naive bickering, braid-tugging and skirt-straightening before finally realizing that nothing was ever going to happen.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Sounds fun but you will never get 110 people who want to play. In fact, you probably wouldn't get 20 people who wanted to play in a game for 110.

That's just WAY too many to keep up with everything that is going on. Phalliad was tough enough with 60, I don't think I'd ever want to play in a game bigger than that.

Nerissa on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, I agree. Part of the fun (and most of the skill) of Phalla is being able to keep track of what's being said by whom, so that you can catch the filthy liars in the act. With 100 people (or even 40+, I'd say) it becomes a little too easy for the villains to lose themselves in the crowd.

I'm personally a fan of the short & sweet Phalla. Epic storytelling for sure, but not necessarily epic length.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited April 2007
    CJ, you're going to be realtively soon after Rygar right? I mean if you need more time, I'll leap frog you, if you want. I'm like a tiger, ready to pounce.

EvilBadman on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I think I'll sign up for a Star Wars themed Phalla. I have plenty of time to procrastinate and then a week to think up idea's.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    FYI Drez's Phalla isn't HHGTTG. It is Tabula Rasa

and I'm co-hosting it.

Digger Dude on
This discussion has been closed.