As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Brutal Legend - Monday Night Combat is apparently BL with GUNS

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Cantido wrote: »
    I dont recall Rod ever disconnecting on me, but I dont know.
    I know Rod makes fun of other DC'ers haha ;D

Anyways I was doing some pondering and noticed, if you play through Brutal Legends you can find alot of cool and hidden stuff, like the puking headbangers or the graffiti Headbanger. And the Lore behind the game is amazing. What do you guys think?
    warder808 wrote: »
    Finished the campaign. Any build orders or tips I should be aware of for the mulitplayer??

Depends on your faction my friend

Ironheade - In a map with two geysers by default, Headbanger, Razor, Headbanger. A thunderhog can wait until the fighting starts. In a 1 geyser default map, Headbanger, Razor, Thunderhog.

Drowning Doom - A lot of variety.

Tainted Coil - If you expect a highly aggressive avatar, build a punishing party first, and set an Agony Boil between the Battle Nun and the gestating unit. If they come near, light them up.

In fact, I like starting a match by setting an Agony Boil close, then standing next to it and commanding Defend, so the Battle Nun sits right by it.

that right there...is something I never thought of trying! I suppose it might discourage people from being as aggressive, but once that boil is gone... I may have to give it a go and see how it works for me.

I find Agony Boil is most effective in spots where your units are digging in, especially Punishing Parties, since they don't move when fighting. So when an avatar makes a dive for them, or melee units move in on them, they get hit hard. When melee units are moving in on enemies, they're not much a leader can do to get them to stop other than tell them to move far away.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Drowned LegendDrowned Legend Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    And well if your interested in the Drowning Doom I wrote a guide just for them, take a look.
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/434956.page

Drowned Legend on
  • Gizor DelsoGizor Delso Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I find Agony Boil is most effective in spots where your units are digging in, especially Punishing Parties, since they don't move when fighting. So when an avatar makes a dive for them, or melee units move in on them, they get hit hard. When melee units are moving in on enemies, they're not much a leader can do to get them to stop other than tell them to move far away.

I don't use the agony boils nearly as much as I should, but I tried it out in a couple of matches yesterday and it worked pretty well, people sent their melee in to attack my ranged and they got creamed by the boil :D I will definitely be using it more often now thanks :)

Gizor Delso on
    edited March 2010

I don't use the agony boils nearly as much as I should, but I tried it out in a couple of matches yesterday and it worked pretty well, people sent their melee in to attack my ranged and they got creamed by the boil :D I will definitely be using it more often now thanks :)

I just devoured an Ironheade tech rusher trying to kill my Battle Nuns in Death's Fijord, and he DC's. Whoops, it's not three months ago!

Cantido on
  • Sacred FatmanSacred Fatman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yes finaly got my rank 30 back. had an epic match vs. TC as IH and found out that roadies are pretty good at fighting units too. i had a squad go over during a battle and kill a heart cutter. It probably won that mach for me too.

Sacred Fatman on
    edited March 2010
    There double team destroys massed infantry, the problem with roadies is there low health.
    Oh lord, Mikey is starting on the EA boards now about me xD

Drowned Legend on
    edited March 2010
    Whose up for dolphin killin' in Japan?

Mastodon are silly people, and have been in Adult Swim in a variety of ways. They should be voices in Brutal legend.

Cantido on
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I bet he's not using commas. Or periods.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    edited March 2010
    So I was just playing with some person from the Netherlands and the save icon is now "RR"

Cantido on
    edited March 2010
    DeMoN wrote: »

I bet he's not using commas. Or periods.

Oh yes, oh yes and triple post's
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/434956.page

Drowned Legend on
    edited March 2010
    KillaKlownz09...I killed him like five times before he DC'd. A wannabe Metal Cannibal, he jumps all over your units and only makes Soul Kissers, throwing them all over the place. Thanks for the free fans.

Cantido on
  • CDiggityCDiggity Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ugg...not only did I lose my 30...but i lost my 29 today. Its stupid that 6 dcers in as many matches can ruin tens of matches worth of progress :(

CDiggity on
    edited March 2010
    CDiggity wrote: »
    ugg...not only did I lose my 30...but i lost my 29 today. Its stupid that 6 dcers in as many matches can ruin tens of matches worth of progress :(

I sent Tim Schafer a message in twitter about it. Why not?

Cantido on
    edited March 2010
    Eh I know the feeling man, thats how I lost my 30 :/
    Best way to make it up is to just play more, got I hope the update fixes it.

Drowned Legend on
    edited March 2010
    I just destroyed King Brim. He surrendured. Perhaps his cheating spirit is broken?

In Feeding Area, he made a switch to coil, I was randomly Doom. He left one set of Soul Kissers by the circle, so I lured them to me and took a hit from the lamprey and they all died. He sent another squad to the safe geyser, which I wiped out in time for the leech to to come off.

By this time I have twelve Grave Diggers ready for the risky side, and I catch a lone battle nun, which I kill before it can build anything. And he actually surrendered :0

There were lots of enthusiastic new players on tonight. I always take it easy on them and point them to the guide.

The Metal lives on.

Pikmin 3 announced. I'm also a huge Pikmin whore, on top of Battlezone and Brutal Legend. But Pikmin doesn't have the "scale" of units those games do.

Cantido on
    edited March 2010
    Pikmin 3 announced. I'm also a huge Pikmin whore, on top of Battlezone and Brutal Legend. But Pikmin doesn't have the "scale" of units those games do.

ahahah it's about time they announced it! I've been waiting ages just for confirmation! I think it's time to bust out the old pikmin games and get some practicing in :D

Gizor Delso on
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    One of the best parts of Pikmin is the scale!

Everything truly feels teeny tiny.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    edited March 2010
    DeMoN wrote: »
    One of the best parts of Pikmin is the scale!

Everything truly feels teeny tiny.

Well I'm particular in my Action RTS games. What I mean is that Pikmin and overlord are basically action games to me. In those games, you are one weak leader surrounded by many tiny goons who collectively wipe out large enemies and complete heavy tasks.

In Battlezone and BL, you're also just one dude (though more powerful in BL, in Battlezone you are truly helpless outside of a vehicle) but the units range from ordinary massed goons to piloting something big and awesome.

Cantido on
    edited March 2010
    Man DD's last tier needs a huge nerf. if DD gets their full decked out army then they can't lose in a fair fight.

Sacred Fatman on
  • Colly LeslieColly Leslie Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man DD's last tier needs a huge nerf. if DD gets their full decked out army then they can't lose in a fair fight.

I find your lack of faith (in Ophs and her crew) disturbing! :P
    Seriously though, thats when you stop fighting fair! Fight dirty. Really dirty. To the point where you're being cussed out over XBL.

Either possess big units (DD), play light of dawn (IH) or mass heartcutters and divine javelins (aka soulkissers) and start lobbing them at debuff units. And always Bring it on home/Weeping heavens where they're going to move to. (Bleeding deaths aren't worth shit in this situation, as under the dirgibles gloom, their hp drops to 86. Combine that with Treebacks doing 2hp/sec and brides slowing down the BD by a stupid amount, you'll be lucky if it lasts 15 seconds and kills 3 units.)

To rebuild the WoD takes 850 fans, and that's only for the Treeback, Dirgible, Organists and +Brides. Hit them again before or as they rebuild. Get big, quick units (metal beasts and headsplitters for IH, heartcutters and screamwagons for TC) onto their front garden to tear up anything coming out and plant the flag there. If you've less geysers, take a tier one task force and start reclaiming fans.

The Wall isn't the be all to end all, and with meticulous planning and lots of micromanagement it can be beaten. I know it's not the way to play BL, but sometimes it has to be done to turn the battle in your favour.

Colly Leslie on
    edited March 2010
    I'm not finding Drowning Doom as fun to use as of late. Their Infantry feels sluggish, and I feel bad spamming Grave Digger DT.

Tier 2 is a TON of fun to use though. I love Lightning Rods and Ratguts. I should say I don't like the DD opening act.

Cantido on
    edited March 2010
    I'm not finding Drowning Doom as fun to use as of late. Their Infantry feels sluggish, and I feel bad spamming Grave Digger DT.

Tier 2 is a TON of fun to use though. I love Lightning Rods and Ratguts. I should say I don't like the DD opening act.

Don't feel bad spamming gravedigger DT. I'm sure every player everywhere spams something. I can't get enough of wigging stuff.

Colly Leslie on
    edited March 2010
    Still, DD vs DD somone has to win. if vs IH use your weather solo before attacking, and silence his bring it on home. If vs. tainted coil your army is generally better than his if you do it right. Dont use brides against TC and go with 3 organists. frightwig their big units and have the reapers take out the skull rakers. If the battle gets to full army vs. full army i have not seen DD ever lose.

Sacred Fatman on
    edited March 2010

Don't feel bad spamming gravedigger DT. I'm sure every player everywhere spams something. I can't get enough of wigging stuff.

'shudders' frightwigs everywhere... painlifters gone, heartcutters gone...oh the memories! they burn!

but seriously though, frightwig DT is crazy useful if you aren't prepared for it, organists as well, although to a much lesser extent in my opinion

Gizor Delso on
    edited March 2010
    xmikey's creeping his way into GameFAQs.

EDIT - Whoops, banned there too.

Cantido on
    edited March 2010
    Ive found that normally it is good to not make any 2nd tier units with all of the factions, especially doom.

Sacred Fatman on
    edited March 2010
    Ive found that normally it is good to not make any 2nd tier units with all of the factions, especially doom.

Yeah I know, that's what hurts the most. Coil on the other hand can crank out Tier 2 to their hearts delight, Overblesser or not.

Doom can make an Organist, and a fake unit and get pretty far without spending too much. Organists only cost 100 and can move to the Flag quickly.

Ironheade...not sure. But once you get to Tier 2, I cast Call of the Wild immediately so when it's ready, Call of the Wild will cool down for a Hextadon. Also, if you get Elk, Double Teaming with them makes them move super fast.

Cantido on
    edited March 2010
    Frightwig makes a great distraction and causes an avatar to flip shit xD

Drowned Legend on
    edited March 2010
    Ugh, watch out for Irish Doctor. He tech rushes to Rockcrusher while throwing himself at you.

Cantido on
    edited March 2010
    Ugh, watch out for Irish Doctor. He tech rushes to Rockcrusher while throwing himself at you.

Sounds like an incredibly easy foe. My mass of broods, Ratguts, single dirgible and single organist sounds like I would slaughter this guy.

Colly Leslie on
  • blackgenmablackgenma Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    yeah, how do you lose to someone like that?

I'd be all over his stage at that point.

blackgenma on
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.” - Albert Einstein
    edited March 2010
    trust me irish is pretty good. he is not a noob and is a legit 30. what Cantido means is that after tier one, and of he has geyser control he will tech until the rockcrusher.

Sacred Fatman on
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I just wanted to say I approve of the thread title! Awesome.

ironsizide on
    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
    edited March 2010
    We introduced a noob to xmikey the other day through a party and mikey made an ass of himself. Holy crap.

Cantido on
    edited March 2010
    what did he say?

Sacred Fatman on
    edited March 2010
    what did he say?
    Were you there? I don't remember right now. Yeah you were!

You invited the beginner to the party, and xmikey wants to chat for some stupid reason after a match were he was doing Doviculous Spam. We were too tempted to show the new guy the stupid shit he says.

x - So uh, I heard from a little birdie you've been DCing on people!

Cantido - He's been in my party all day and he has not DC'd...he had a lagout while speaking to me.

x - Yeah right! You're full of shit. So uh, where are you from?

Cantido - I'm in Florida, I'm a military student...

x - Nobody gives a shit that you're a military student!

*removed from party*

New Person - wow.

Cantido on
    edited March 2010
    no it was someone else, my account is fidgetyknave. mikey says crap like that al the time.

Sacred Fatman on
    edited March 2010
    no it was someone else, my account is fidgetyknave. mikey says crap like that al the time.

Oh, it was Drowned Legend. mikey was giving him shit.

Double Fine recalls the Activision douchebaggery

Also, comments include Double Fine failing because it was a bad game. (buh?)

Cantido on
    edited March 2010
    Drowned Legend = PaperclipGod
    PaperclipGod = Just whooped Mikeys ass 2/3 games I played with him today

And what do you know I was apparently "lagging"

Drowned Legend on
    edited March 2010
    Oh my fuck Mikey shut the hell up,
    the first match was me vs you in matchmaking I beat you then
    Then there was the match I hosted, which I lost, but even before I sent you the message, you sent a message telling me you were lagging to so.
    Then you hosted and you did the same strategy I destroyed your army, sent my army to your base, you destroyed my army, but even before you destroyed my army I had a whole fleet of broods at my base who I called over using Rally Army, then you "disconnected". So stop your bitching mikey, jesus Christ.

And dont threaten people over the internet mikey no one cares what you look like or are in real life.

Drowned Legend on
This discussion has been closed.