As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Happies, Hates, Hopes and Preparation H

• Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This morning before I logged on I got the error, "Can not validate game version, blah blah blah". So I just entered in a new authenticator code and wham, problem "solved".

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hmm. Guess I'll stay unsubbed until this blows over completely. Shit like this always affects me.

Damn it, hurry with the fix! I refuse to let my druid's rest max out!

Monsty on
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think I've experienced every possible error this patch has to offer, including one I haven't seen mentioned anywhere.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Every auction I put up for 48 hours is only up for 24 ever since the patch. Driving me nuts.

Samphis on
  • PaulTheAfraidPaulTheAfraid Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: Lost my third Battered Hilt roll. The winner and I both rolled 85.

PaulTheAfraid on
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: Sack of Wonder finally shows on the AH... at 18k. Some nitwit has had it at that price all week.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: Lost my third Battered Hilt roll. The winner and I both rolled 85.

Yet to see one drop. Quit yer bitchin'.

Bigity on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Neither have I. Meanwhile my friend, who recently quit the game, has two sitting in his bank.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Neither have I. Meanwhile my friend, who recently quit the game, has two sitting in his bank.

wait, what?

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I won a battered hilt last week and someone bitched the rest of the run because I'm a druid. I'm not sure if he was pissed because I'm not a melee class or because I would be getting a mace instead of a sword.

jackal on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Blargh: Was hoping the various changes in 3.3.3 would help lower the price of either eternals or the transmuted tailoring cloth types, but no such luck.

I guess it's time to do my most hated thing to do in TBC: farm elementals.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
    edited March 2010
    Naphtali wrote: »

wait, what?
    He has two hilts in his bank that I know of. He also game quit a week ago.

I have never seen a hilt drop.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: Trinkets. I may have to consider doing a GDKP that is run our server perhaps for ToC25. How long has ICC been open now? Seriously up the freaking drop rate! 25s only seen one dislodged object and 10s 1 (maybe 2) Spyglass.... /nerdrage

Hope: so.... arranging a Yogg25 0 this sat, since no one has death's demise on our server. Be cool if things go smoothly. But I do hate leading raids granted 90% of the list is friends so this should be fun :)

Hate: Why can't I get (good)* hunters/ret pallies/DKs?? WTF o_O

*edited hate

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
    edited March 2010
    Hope: I can see all of Ulduar some day. Only ever got up to the keepers. I don't even want gear, I just want to see the fights.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yogg is a fun but annoying fight, but you'll probably like it if you're not with a fail group.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Thomase1984Thomase1984 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bored: Last decent dpser stopped raiding to focus on work (ie: ffxii). The damage meters are now me 2000+ dps ahead of everyone. Except putricide. Theres a frost DK 500 behind me on that.

Yawn: Apped to a guild looking for a rogue working on Lich King. Was polite, eager, responsive to questions, and provided impressive parses. Still passed on me.

Happy: Twinked up my pally with BOE and furious ret gear for bg fun.
    Not-So-Happy: Killing healers is just me playing the mana game forever unless its a priest and they mana burn me.

Thomase1984 on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    happy: Dreamwalker 25 down!
    Hate: People getting their asses killed on Bloodqueen.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Samphis wrote: »
    Every auction I put up for 48 hours is only up for 24 ever since the patch. Driving me nuts.

Oh, is that what was happening.

Normally I stagger my auctions to durations of 12/24/48 (because I always have a ton), but last night they were all expiring at the same time.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hope: I can see all of Ulduar some day. Only ever got up to the keepers. I don't even want gear, I just want to see the fights.

Same here, I've got up to Thorim and I'd love to see the last 4 bosses.

Aeyther on
    edited March 2010
    Additional happy/hate: they fixed the name of the proc from the healing Ashen Verdict ring.
    "Chilling Knowledge" sounds much cooler than "Icecrown Rep Ring:Healing Effect".
    But then i kind of liked how ridiculous it was.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • -Phil--Phil- Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Additional happy/hate: they fixed the name of the proc from the healing Ashen Verdict ring.
    "Chilling Knowledge" sounds much cooler than "Icecrown Rep Ring:Healing Effect".
    But then i kind of liked how ridiculous it was.

At least there was no misunderstanding over what the proc was and where it came from...

-Phil- on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: how much faster paced 25-man Blood Princes is to 10. Sure, you've got a much higher challenge in staying out of 12-yard range, and it's far easier to fuck something up and wipe the raid, but it's so much faster. Blood Princes 10 man is boring and tedious I really do not like the encounter. It's not terribly hard to heal, just annoying.

Cilla Black on
  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It's boring and tedious because the mechanics of the fight revolve around space, which is drastically reduced with the addition of 15 more people.

Bikkstah on
    edited March 2010
    The amount of space doesn't really do much to increase or decrease the amount of time it takes though. It just makes things much easier to go south in 25-man. It's that you don't sacrifice really any more dps in 25-man than in 10-man, but obviously have a lot more to back you up in the former.

Cilla Black on
    edited March 2010
    Wait until you do it on heroic and they have more HP while you are restricted on moving. It takes even longer.

Bikkstah on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: Professor Putricide AND Blood Princes.

Putricide is a bitch because we're so melee heavy and our gear could use some work.

Blood Princes is just a gear issue. We had all three of our healers go completely mana dry at 20%. Other than that we have the BPC fight down. They'll go down next week.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I loved Blood Princes the first time I pugged it the first week. We totally got all the achievements. Pretty fun too. We just used two tanks for 10-man. I was a Warlock at the time too but they needed my DPS focused on boss. No point on three tanks when two can do it just fine.

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    We were doing two tanks on the Princes with melee abilities and a warlock tank on the one where you have to collect orbs for shadow resistance.

How did you guys do it?

EDIT: Also, is there any reason why a melee DPSer would be hit by a empowered shadow bolt if the ranged tank is still doing their thing (has aggro) and the melee DPSer hadn't attacked the boss yet? We had someone get randomly one shot by an empowered shadow bolt and then the boss would go right back to the ranged tank. That DPS was then battle ressed and the next time Keleseth was empowered he shot one bolt off to the ranged tank and shot the next back at the same DPS who was running over to him from the last empowered target.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    edited March 2010
    One tank on Keleseth, other tank on the other two.

Bikkstah on
  • BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yea, you lose a DPS if you gotta three tank it. It's riskier but the point is, the longer the fight goes on, the higher your chance of wiping. This is on 10-man, of course. I am sure on 25-man, you could just have a real tank instead of a DPS on the 3rd guy. It works out better. DPSers are better DPSers then switching to off tanks. Plus, the bosses die like 15-20% faster.

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
    edited March 2010
    The issue with having a warlock tank Keleseth is that their threat generally can't keep up, especially if Keleseth gets empowered second. The other issue is that empowered bolt hits for 100k on heroic, and no one but a tank has the health for that, even with shadow orbs.

Bikkstah on
  • danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    One tank on Keleseth, other tank on the other two.

We tried this but found the damage of the melee tank was too much for us to handle, but might just need some time to adjust. Where we fall down is people not paying enough attention to kinetic bombs. Almost every time I was tanking Keleseth just fine as a Boomkin until an orb hit the deck. The damage from the orb + keleseth whacking me will kill me very quickly.

We have had some unlucky attempts where bombs spawned in a doorway like wall on the far right (apparently you can walk through it sometimes, there's a bunch of mobs behind it too), but mostly the ranged dps just get tunnel vision. Quite frustrating when it happens 4 times in a row. I could keep the orbs solo up but not while tanking Keleseth so changing might work better since I'm sick of the fight mainly running about like a blue arsed fly only for us to die to a bomb killing me.

danx on
    edited March 2010
    Might suggest that two tank strat next time we do 10-man BPC. If nothing else it'll make the damn thing faster.

Cilla Black on
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: 80 #4, my long neglected hunter. Dungeons are fun with her, soloing not so much.

Hope: That I can cash in on all the people I tanked heroics for. Half my guild had at least one alt dragged through multiple runs with my bear.

Hate: The sheer number of buttons. I can't fit every button I would maybe sometimes press on my action bars, much less my keybindings. Is it just me or do hunters have more buttons than other classes?

Grobian on
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: Server reboot in the middle of Alterac Valley.
    Happy: at 15 seconds til reboot, I loot the Autographed Picture, and get the "To the Looter go the Spoils" achievement.

Samphis on
    edited March 2010
    Yep, ours rebooted as I was bringing the 3rd flag up the tunnel to win.

Bikkstah on
  • His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy, yet somewhat Hate: Ding 51, do 2 AVs and top the healing chart both times. It must be because I've twinked myself out with tons of healing gear, right? (Check out those kick-ass pants!)

His Corkiness on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Druids are so OP.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
    edited March 2010
    Might suggest that two tank strat next time we do 10-man BPC. If nothing else it'll make the damn thing faster.

We pretty much had to 2 tank it. With a tank on each of the melee bosses, the damage was spit up too much to easily heal. one person tanking it made it so much easier.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: Early quest design. Specifically, the Dark Iron War in the Wetlands.

I'm trying to collect all the quests I can for each dungeon, and this is my last Stockades one. Ugh. A level 30 quest that's a prereq for a quest that's level 25.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
This discussion has been closed.