As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Games for a pair?

trevelliantrevellian Registered User regular
edited March 2010 in Games and Technology
Morning/Afternoon/Evening all,

The GF was watching me watching FFXIII earlier today and asked if there were any games (PS3) that we could play as a couple - I have to say I was completely stumped. I know she won't be at all interested in any FPS or fighting games though.

So I thought I would come to the PA Gurus for advice.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers

Trev

McGough_EA.png
trevellian on

• Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Eternal Sonata and Tails of Vesparia have coop don't they? Wait ... did Tails of Vesparia ever come out for the PS3 anywhere out of Japan?

I'm just suggesting those because she was watching a jrpg when she decided that. Though they might be more action oriented than FFXIII. I actually have no idea what the battle system for that one is.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Little Big Whateveritscalled?

jothki on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    we talking co-op only or what?

Pixeljunk Monsters is the best possible game for couples. the other Pixeljunk games are solid choices too.

some other good options: Little Big Planet, Greed Corp (if she likes strategy), Blue Toad Murder Files

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    trevelliantrevellian Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Co-op games would be the ideal, but competitive you-go-first-then-me games are fine as well (the first game she would play on the PS3 was some game where you had to steer ducks around an obstacle course to get to a plughole...

I'll go check out little big planet, pixeljunk and greed corp for now, ta.

trevellian on
    McGough_EA.png
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You should try some point and click adventure games (Monkey Island, Sam and Max, etc). Not co-op, technically, but that can certainly be a team activity. It can be even more fun than on your own, sometimes.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Did any of the newer Katamari games come out on PS3? I know some of those were co-op.

Oh and i agree with the above poster 100% adventure games can be really fun when you play with someone else there.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Katamari Forever did, and it would be great both for co-op and competitive play for a higher score. Getting a higher score also means you're more likely to please the King which gives you shooting stars or better stars.

Gilder on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    PixelJunk Monsters is all you need until you beat it and the DLC. When you do, buy LittleBigPlanet and you'll be set for a long while.

urahonky on
  • Options
    BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Pixeljunk Eden is great fun with a friend.

Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Halo 3 on Legendary is really good if you don't particularly like your GF and want to split up.

ben0207 on
  • Options
    SeruleSerule Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Lego Star Wars.
    My wife hates video games, but she would beg to play Lego Star Wars (and then Lego Indiana Jones, and now Lego Batman...)

Serule on
  • Options
    ToniousTonious Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I asked this same question over a week ago. ^_^ I got a ton of good suggestions. Here's al ink to it. http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=114946

Tonious on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Rock Band

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    DírhaelDírhael NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Grab Worms from PSN.

Dírhael on
  • Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Noby Noby Boy might be worth a look, although i will be the first to admit that the game is really really weird and really isn't for everybody.

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Tales of Vesperia does indeed support multiple players (in fact, it's apparently easier if you do have more players), but it was only on the Xbox 360 in the US.

So that probably rules that out in your case.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Unless one of you is confortable sitting out for a looong while sometimes while the other person runs around for the non-combat sections, I wouldn't get the Tales games.

Blurbl on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If you like RPGs and Diablo-likes, Sacred 2 might be up your alley. The game has same screen co-op hack and slash with plenty of loot and a large world with many quests.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    sex

edit: Also TF2, never hurts to have a pocket medic.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

edit: also this guy is looking for PS3 games TF2 and Halo 3 suggestion makers. lrn2read

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    mwoodymwoody Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Culdcept... But research it before you buy. It's awesome, but very time consuming, and probably not for everyone.

mwoody on
    Steam: mwoody450