As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Your Worst Breakups

SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
edited March 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
So talk in [chat] about clearing your HDD and coming across old memories brought up some for me. Now, I dunno if this fits in DnD or SE, but I figured since we have gross/strange/embarrassing/ghost story threads then this one could sneak by. And I'm bored at work.

So...

Tell us your worst breakup. Like, teen movie, acne faced, never gonna find love again, completely heartbroken and being a 27 year old man crying like a baby.

You can throw icing on the cake with some post relationship details if it makes you feel better.

I dated a girl for about a year or two. First girl I dated that was "intellectual". Before her I dated a girl that was typically girly. Horses and pink and ribbons and fashion. Etc. This girl read. Listened to good music. Had good taste.

Weird stuff started happening. I'd get eMails from random chicks saying they saw me at the theater and got my eMail from a friend I was with. So I suspected it was my GF trying to play a trick with me so I played along. We fight. Her mom gets sick and she gets mad at me for calling a couple of times to figure out if everything is okay. A few times is something like... four times across two or so hours.

We're talking less and less and my attempts at getting to the root of the issue are rebuffed and I start to get frustrated. We start to fight often. They get worse. Things in the past constantly brought up. We were young so lots of awkward sexual situations. Our biggest fight at the time was over her getting super pissed at me for considering buying/renting a mobile home. "It's completely trashy and for poor people". The next day a conversation about public transportation comes up and I make a joke about it being for bums and the poor to get back at her for the mobile home comment and she flips out about how I shouldn't look down on people.

So I break up with her. She goes nuts. Tears. Begging. Etc. I just stop all communication.

Her mom calls me up and practically begs me to reconsider. So I do. We talk about why we broke up and I told her I didn't think we loved each other anymore.

So she dumps me. I'm pretty upset because I had started planning on making attempts at regaining our past relationship status.

Then I find out a week later she's banging this guy named Zethen(sic). The only thing I knew about that guy was that he had a ridiculously large Jew fro.

So several years later we bump into each other. I'm something like... 23 or 24 at this point and I figured a simple "hello, how are you" would start a pleasant exchange

Nope.

She gets loud. We're in public. Very loud. About how I ruined her life and how she'll never forgive me for the way I made her feel. She's literally berating me in front of a ton of strangers. I treated her horribly, etc. So I just ask how I could possibly have been worse than the guy that forced her to go to the movies with him so she could give him blow jobs when the house lights went down.

Her face just turned beet red and she ran away.

I've pretty much made super sure to avoid her at all costs.

Sheep on

• nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I dated a guy that forgot about me once. He wanted to see how long he could go without sleeping, I think he lasted a week before his friends asked him about me. Then he was too shy/embarassed to apologize and just up and left me, didn't say goodbye at all. I wasn't even upset with him, not until he took off like that. Took me ages to get over him cause we were both 13 at the time and OMG BUT I LOVE HIM.

Second guy I dated spent the whole time I was with him, like 8 or 9 months, trying to get me to convert to his religion. Actually a number of people were trying to make me a Christian. I saw the warning signs but I was still young and stupid so I didn't say anything about it. After he dumps me, him and some friends start harassing me for a month about how it's all my fault and how I should have just converted. Learned my lesson!

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Penguin_OtakuPenguin_Otaku Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hahahaa.... well documented on the boards.

Penguin_Otaku on
    sig-1.jpg
  • PerpetualPerpetual Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Several days ago I broke up with my girlfriend of a year and a half.

She was mostly awesome, except for small details like believing in intelligent design and earth being created 6000 years ago, and being deathly scared of radiation from household appliances, lamps, lights, and electronics so much so that whenever we slept together she wanted me to turn off AND unplug all of them (except for the fridge).

Still though, she is a very nice girl, fun to hang out with and we had a lot of good memories together. It was pretty difficult.

Perpetual on
  • TalkaTalka Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I had a four year relationship that was long-distance six months out of every year. Very messy breakup.

She was in a South American country during one of our long-distance spans, so I flew 7,000 miles down there to spend time with her. Everything seems perfectly normal and happy and lovey. I fly back, and once I land I have an e-mail from her saying she's dumping me. I freak out, we have heated nonsensical phone calls, I turn into a blubbering mess, you know the drill. She spontaneously catches a case of crazy-party-whore, going out and getting trashed almost every night for the next six months. Sucking an average of like three different dicks a week. In retrospect, if that's what she wanted, well then good on her for changing what she needed to change to get it. But man it was a crazy turnaround. She'd never even had a drop of alcohol in the four years we dated.

I have good memories of that breakup. Maaan was that messy. And it basically turned me into a crazy person for a few months. But in the end, you learn stuff about life/yourself/others and you're better for it. I almost pity the friends of mine who've never experienced the craziness of a truly messy breakup. When I think about my life so far, I divide it into a child period and an adult period, and I use this breakup as the demarcation.

Talka on
  • AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm not even going to TOUCH this thread.

AlyceInWonderland on
  • LieberkuhnLieberkuhn __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Not a break-up per se; we were best friends rather than a couple. I'm still really pissed about it and am going to use this thread as a shameless excuse to vent.

One night, we went to a club together and I had the audacity to not enjoy myself. By "not enjoy myself" I mean shutting down and not really wanting to do much else other than sit in the corner like a wet blanket. Wasn't in a good mood that night, I guess. He felt obliged to sit there with me instead of going dancing like he wanted to. I encouraged him to dance anyway (we had other friends with us), but he stayed with me.

This really pissed him off; I guess he felt that leaving me wasn't an option and thus resented my presence. So he decided to drop me out of his life. He hasn't spoken to me or responded to any efforts to get in touch with or apologise to him since then, unless you count the time he screamed at me in public after I ran into him and tried to say hi.

He claimed, during the brief screaming match, that the club was merely the "catalyst" for cutting ties and that he'd been frustrated with me for a while. But I never knew he felt that way! If I had, I would have done something about it, because we were really close (even his boyfriend commented that we were like a couple) and I didn't want to ruin that. Whenever, while we were still on speaking terms, I asked him if things were okay between us, he always insisted they were, at which point I'd figure I was just being paranoid. I don't know how he expected me to realise I was being a pain in the ass if he refused to tell me I was being a pain in the ass. I can be pretty thick sometimes.

On one hand I feel terrible that I made a mistake and really want an oppourtunity to apologise, figure out where I went wrong, and make things right. On the other, I'm furious with him for cutting off ties so quickly and so permanently without even trying to resolve it, over something so minor as being sleepy in a club. Bah.

Lieberkuhn on
    While you eat, let's have a conversation about the nature of consent.
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited March 2010
    Alien Fucker.

I can repost if needed... but yeah, my alien fucker story applies here.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Not a break-up per se; we were best friends rather than a couple. I'm still really pissed about it and am going to use this thread as a shameless excuse to vent.

One night, we went to a club together and I had the audacity to not enjoy myself. By "not enjoy myself" I mean shutting down and not really wanting to do much else other than sit in the corner like a wet blanket. Wasn't in a good mood that night, I guess. He felt obliged to sit there with me instead of going dancing like he wanted to. I encouraged him to dance anyway (we had other friends with us), but he stayed with me.

This really pissed him off; I guess he felt that leaving me wasn't an option and thus resented my presence. So he decided to drop me out of his life. He hasn't spoken to me or responded to any efforts to get in touch with or apologise to him since then, unless you count the time he screamed at me in public after I ran into him and tried to say hi.

He claimed, during the brief screaming match, that the club was merely the "catalyst" for cutting ties and that he'd been frustrated with me for a while. But I never knew he felt that way! If I had, I would have done something about it, because we were really close (even his boyfriend commented that we were like a couple) and I didn't want to ruin that. Whenever, while we were still on speaking terms, I asked him if things were okay between us, he always insisted they were, at which point I'd figure I was just being paranoid. I don't know how he expected me to realise I was being a pain in the ass if he refused to tell me I was being a pain in the ass. I can be pretty thick sometimes.

On one hand I feel terrible that I made a mistake and really want an oppourtunity to apologise, figure out where I went wrong, and make things right. On the other, I'm furious with him for cutting off ties so quickly and so permanently without even trying to resolve it, over something so minor as being sleepy in a club. Bah.

While I haven't had a messy break-up myself, I've been through something similar with a friend in high school. Except he was a bit more passive-agressive about it, and we managed to patch things up after summer break. Still wasn't pleasant, though.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My worst break up was with caffeine.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • hadokenhadoken Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Lady left gave me a blister, we broke up for two days then got back together.

hadoken on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I once dated a mentally retarded girl. Mildly/functionally retarded. Basically, it was as if she was about half her age (she was 28, but acted like 14-16). Believed she was a witch with real powers and the like.
    Tried to talk my brother and his (now ex-)wife into a threesome. When that didn't work, tried to sleep with them individually. Got drunk (so she claimed, brother's ex says it was off of one light beer so I don't buy it) and slept with another douche, who also tried hitting/sleeping with brother's ex (who was 5-6 months pregnant at the time). Me and my brother were not at this party, as this was suppose to be a girl's night out and they were all my ex's friends.

Still, I tried to help her and get her to stand up for herself and get into a somewhat healthy environment (she claimed that the care providers she was staying with abused her and the other adults).

It took a lot of efforts and threats on my part (as well as blocking her number) to cut her out of my life.

And she STILL calls me about once a year with a status update on how well her life is going now. It's not a spiteful "My life is soooooo much better since we broke up now!" but "You helped me get on with my life. Thank you." So I guess I helped a little.

I got another from when I had to break up with a girl because I got transferred overseas.
    I'll tell that one in about 50 posts.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh boy, I've had one hell of a messy breakup...

It's late though, so I think I'll save it for tomorrow or Sunday. It's very long and very painful.

Would very depressing stories that happened during a breakup be allowed in this thread?

SirUltimos on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nocren wrote: »
    I once dated a mentally retarded girl.

why?

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I consider all the breakups I've had to be the worst. Each of them something went terribly wrong.

The first is a brief story - in highschool, my first girlfriend (which was nothing more than hand-holding nothingness) and I got together before sophomore year was done. Over summer, I worked and she had a lot of stuff going on with family (as in, trips and fun) so we saw little of each other. That didn't make it seem like it was a thing. It also didn't help that I was more or less pressured into asking her out in the first place (my one bout with peer-pressure). Junior year starts, and not long into it, I figure enough is enough. I wanted to break up at the start of the day for some reason (bad idea) but I had an off-campus class that I needed to take a bus from the school to. So I wrote a note, passed it on to a mutual friend who knew what it was, and learned my lesson about direct confrontation. Also every girl hated me for a while.

Now my actual first girlfriend, as in I bought her flowers and stuff, dates, making out, etc, was certainly more dramatic. She had been one of my closest friends since sophomore year. We had film classes together every year throughout highschool. She also lived super close to me, so I had become part of the walk-home troupe - me and her girly-girl friends. Second-halfish of junior year, she and I pretty much confided in each other 100%, and I would hang out with her a lot over that summer and in senior year (her sister too, who thought I was a good fella).

So, the ex had been dating a guy - I'll call him Bob - behind her family's back. Well, and everyone for that matter except for me and the walk-home troupe. To her family, they were friends, but her sister was wise up on their shit. Bob is the worst guy for a girl. He's reckless, super emo, a know-it-all that didn't know anything, a bum - the list really goes on and on. He somehow had a super inflated ego because his parents - who lived in China - sent him all the money he needed. The guy was generally a tool to everyone, and was only really after getting in my ex's pants. December of senior year she finally breaks up with him after it's discovered he was sleeping with the girl he was giving guitar lessons to. Sister is aware of it, and she tells our mutual friends, who are protective of my ex and her sister. They pretty much swear to break the guy's knees if he shows up again. So he left the Bay Area (California).

I became her rebound (only realized by me in hindsight). While out Christmas shopping with her, her sister, and her mom (the household), we make plans to go to Senior Ball together. Sweet, I never imagined I'd be going. She had said that, even if Bob was still in the picture, she'd planned to go with me anyway because she didn't want to leave me hanging if I couldn't find a date of my own. How sweet.

I told a story last month about Valentine's Day, and how that was a mess - the short of it is that she didn't want me to get her anything or do anything because word was that Bob was back in town to see her with roses and shit. Turned out to be true. Only she was thrilled to see him. Hrm.

She's got several AP classes in senior year, and when spring rolls around she starts feeling the stress from it. I had pretty much been at her house every day since we got together, and I suggested that I should head right home way more often instead of occupying time she needed for homework and projects. Looking back she seemed torn about that and I have my guesses why. But I give her space as needed. Up until I find out that she had been hanging out with Bob again. I was assured nothing was going on, and I bought it.

Mid-May approaches and the Senior Ball is around the corner. A week before the dance, she tells me she's going with Bob. Wait what. Oh and that they're back together. Wow this is awesome timing, months of planning out the window. At that point things were fractured pretty hard. Even though things had been back to me and her mostly just being friends, like my usual visits from prior, it came to a pretty abrupt halt. I'd walk her home, and that'd be it. When her sister came in for summer vacation from college, she'd ask me to come hang out. And I would, and there would be a slight tension. Especially if Bob was ever present.

We walked to school together on graduation day (we were being transported by bus to a local college for the ceremony). She didn't seem to want to talk much. That was one of the last times I saw her. I saw her two more times after that - the first was several days after graduation. My dad had to go to a funeral in Virginia instead of attend my graduation, and I didn't mind that. What I did mind was his reaction. My older brother didn't walk, and my dad assumed I did. He was thrilled I would be, up until he got back, at which point he decided to tell me how I was a waste and nothing I did meant anything and I wasn't going anywhere in life (at the time, I was a week and a half away from starting my time at Heald College). Needless to say I took it pretty bad and wanted to see my best friend for emotional support. Her sister did most of that.

And the absolute last time I saw her when I was getting a game back I loaned her. Prior to the visit, I had hung out with her sister one afternoon and disclosed the relationship to her. Her sister was mostly just mad about it being kept hidden, like the Bob relationship, but she otherwise approved of us. Same with her mom. And all the friends we shared. Even their grandparents and dad, who I'd met only twice before each, approved. My ex was the only one who was too stupid to see it (quick note: Christmas time, the family begged me to stay when I visited in the morning to pass along holiday cheer to all my friends in the neighborhood).

So, the ex was mad about that disclosure "without her consent." She had decided to shut herself off from me completely, with claims that I had ruined her life. At one point, when fall was coming up and she was going to leave for college, I called her to wish her luck there. She proceeded to accuse me of... I dunno what to call it, but it had something to do with her voluntarily taking her top off, and I guess she was blaming me in hindsight.

I took it all pretty bad for a year straight. Spent many times being emo here on the forum, and I stopped giving a fuck for school (she was the one who talked me into going there, rather than my original plan of enlisting). I dropped out after a year of school. And y'know, life goes on and such.

Funny semi-related story: when Facebook became available to everyone to sign up for aside from just college students and alumni, I signed up late into the game. Reconnect a bit with some old friends. One of them a couple years ago makes some casual conversation about the ex and messages she left on this friend's wall. Only I couldn't see them when she directed me to 'em. It turns out the ex, in a super pre-emptive move, blocked me on Facebook. I guess years of non-communication weren't enough to dispel hard feelings?

Henroid on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    tl;dr - girl who befriended me and we got super close and I shaped my life around freaked out over her family's approval and holds grudge to this day

Henroid on
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    syndalis wrote: »
    Alien Fucker.

I can repost if needed... but yeah, my alien fucker story applies here.

Wait what? I want an explanation this sounds hilarious.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've never really had a horrible break up, mostly because I usually see them coming and brace myself. I'm married now, and pretty happy about it, so it's all good.

My buddy had a really weird break up once, though. He and this one girl dated in high school, and even moreso than his current wife, these two really went for each other and everyone was happy. But then her dad found out she lost her virginity to him, and freaked out crazy-like, and pulled her out of high school to be homeschooled. Her sisters, older and younger, were allowed to stay in school.

Her dad thought my friend a complete loser and horrible human being. As of now, his three daughters are (by descending age) married to a bus driver, married to a drop-out lounge singer (this would be my friend's ex), and divorced from a wife-beating pipe welder. Apparently, all those guys made it through her dad's strict vetting process.

My friend went on to win All-Conference defensive player in college, and just obtained a masters' degree in education. He starts his job as a college professor next fall.

Atomika on
  • Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

why?

they deserve no love

alt. reply: easy catch?

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My worst break-up... was pretty bad. As usual, typical high school drama queen shit.

Like Henroid, the girl was one of my best friends and confidantes in high school. We had similar interests, worked on the high school newspaper together, had similarly snarky senses of humor, etc. I found out late my junior year that she had joined the newspaper and such because she had a crush on me -- which created a brief hiccup in the relationship, as I wasn't (at the time) interested in her -- but soon after that revelation she found another guy and we went back to being pals.

Long story short, late in my senior year I was lonely and realized that I did, in fact, have feelings for this girl. She loved the guy she was dating and he was a nice enough guy, but he was kind of a spineless loser and didn't look like he was going anywhere in life. (Five years since then, that prediction seems to have held true). Their relationship was definitely a rocky one, with a lot of fights that usually ended with her steamrolling him and him emotionally kowtowing to her. Still, I wasn't a dick, so I kept my yap shut and let them be happy together in their dysfunctional way.

Last day of class, my teenager-ness overcomes me and I can't hold my feelings in any longer, so I write and deliver a letter to her which amounted to: "It turns out I'm really attracted to you, bad timing right? I'm going to college in three months and I realize my ship has sailed, so I don't have any pretensions of being with you. So maybe it would be best for me if we not hang out this summer... I need time to get over you."

She promptly comes over to my house, tells me she reciprocates, fuck that I'm going to college in 3 months, she dumped her boyfriend and is getting with me. We make out and cuddle for a while before I'm forced to leave for a prior engagement. D'aaaw.

Fast forward to two weeks later. She's acting weird. I get a phone call from her very angry NOT EX boyfriend, who accuses me of willingly cheating on her. I was like, "Hold on now, there seems to be some confusion here..." Nope. Turns out she'd been two-timing us the whole time, because she didn't have the cajones to dump him. I told her that our little romance was over and that we're reverting to the "no contact for the next three months" plan -- except now for entirely different reasons. Her boyfriend promptly and tearfully forgives her for her transgressions, because he is a spineless wimp.

A week later, she comes to me and tells me she has dumped her boyfriend for realz this time, and that she chosen to be with me. I'm smart enough to verify her story with independent sources, but not smart enough to blow her off. We get together again.

About a week and a half later, she "dumps" (we hadn't really been together long enough for it to be a real dump) me out of nowhere. The next day she shows up on my doorstep with a stern look on her face. Turns out that, in a fit of passion and lingering feelings, she fucked her ex(?)-boyfriend the night before. He got excited and came inside her, and now she fears she's pregnant. With my heart thoroughly eviscerated (because yes, at the time I had strong feelings for the girl), I asked her why she needed to tell me all the gritty details. She just though I should know. She's going to the Planned Parenthood Center with a good friend of hers, because her ex(?)-boyfriend was freaking out too much to be supportive of her. I'm embarrassed to say that I asked her if she wanted me to be there for her as well. No, she actually doesn't consider herself that close to me. At that point I finally did what I should have done weeks ago: slammed the door in her face and vowed never to speak to her again. (She was not, in fact, pregnant).

That lasted for a few months, when she sensed loneliness in college and reconnected with me over AIM. I eventually decided to let bygones be bygones, and she promptly began jerking my chain AGAIN. Her boyfriend and she were on the rocks, it wasn't going to work out, she was planning on going to a college near mine so we could be together again, etc etc.

Finally, FINALLY, around New Years I finally had enough, told her "Fuck you, you're a shitty and emotionally manipulative person and I can't believe I never saw this while we were just friends in high school. Good bye and good riddance, don't talk to me again." And we haven't... though she tried intermittently for the next two years to "reconnect" and "just go back to being friends." For fuck's sake.

She's still with that same guy, by the way. I feel sorry for him.

tl;dr - Less a real break-up and more a messy dissolution of a friendship. Best friend in high school manipulates me through my feelings for her, two-times me, has a pregnancy scare with her ex-boyfriend while "dating" me, breaks my heart over and over again and intermittently leads me on for half a year in order to keep me in the batting cage for her... just in case her current relationship fell through. Gives me trust and self-confidence issues for the next three fucking years.

ChopperDave on
    3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

why?

Kyougu on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    And how.

The vast majority of my "break ups" have been on pretty good terms.

Really the only one I could point to as being "bad" would be the girl from the tight-nit group of friends I had Freshman year of college that I got romantically involved with and spent a week absolutely smitten over, only to find out that she was using me to cheat on her 29 year old boyfriend that I was specifically not told about for months previous.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    edited March 2010
    OptimusZed wrote: »

she was using me

nice.

hadoken on
  • RainyjayD3RainyjayD3 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    got dumped,

on christmas eve

a couple days before the anniversary

right after giving her an expensive gift

she kept the gift

RainyjayD3 on
    :whistle:
  • CliffCliff Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Kyougu wrote: »

why?

Alternatively, isn't this illegal?

Cliff on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Just a little story that's not from me but a friend.

Guys' like... 28 years old. Super picky about women. Tried to day way out of his class in high school so I guess he still tries to now. Last time he dated a girl she was obviously into him. They were making out and he pulled me aside and gave me the whole "dude I think tonight might be it man!" speech.

Well that night wasn't it. I figure he chickened out. He said "the mood wasn't right" and that he wanted to wait with her.

So she dumps him and he's a blubbering pissed off mess.

Honestly I think he's in the closet. Honestly. Not that I hold it against him but he's had plenty of attractive, nice, and stable women try to start a relationship with him and he pretty much preemptively sabotages it.

Sheep on
    edited March 2010

why?

To be honest, met her at work and I didn't know she was until we started dating.
    She was also a small girl, so I thought she was just young, not mentally stunted.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I lived with the girl for a year, practically went broke buying her stuff and generally being a love blind idiot.

Come Christmas we fly up to spend it with my family, stuff happens, and she fucks my 17 year old brother on Christmas Eve.

Merry Christmas

Edit: Breakup part of it eh? Well, I drove her to the airport and flew her home immediately, took a few days to compose myself at my parent's and then flew down myself. As I packed up my stuff (that which she hadn't destroyed) she was crying and raging and yelling, threatening to kill herself, etc. It was not a fun time.

Arrath on
    edited March 2010
    Shit, that had to be an awkward Christmas dinner. I don't know if I'd on speaking terms with my brother after something like that.

ChopperDave on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nothing like what I assume is statutory rape to ring in the holidays.

Kyougu on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    And yet you know his brother is posting on some other forum's Best Christmas Ever thread.

Robos A Go Go on
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I got divorced.

My ex is a great individual, but she was a person who put far more stock in faith (not simply religious, but in everything) than in rationality. I knew we had a problem when she expressed how my desire for evidence before I believed in something was a detriment. As a friend later put it to me, for us to work out either she would have to have a fundamental shift in how she viewed things, or I would have to have a lobotomy. What makes the breakup bad is that she still thinks we can be together, because she believes in our relationship, and as all the evidence between us points to the contrary, I do not.

It's sad because she's such a wonderful person, and I compare everybody else I date to her.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    edited March 2010
    Cliff wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »

why?

Alternatively, isn't this illegal?

Depends. a Mentally retarded person still has basic human rights, such as bearing children. Sexing one of them though, depends on whether they have the capacity to know what the fuck they are doing and thus if they are capable of consenting.

Also, mentally retarded peoples are extra hornier than normals.

hadoken on
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My Sig.

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    edited March 2010
    Like I stated, she was high function and just acted more like a teenager than a person in their mid-twenties.
    She was working a regular job at the same place I was.

Anyway, next story. So I'm in the service (Navy) and I hook up with a local chick that sees me as a steady paycheck on the 1st and 15th. After a one night stand (my first in more ways than one) I continue to support her and her lifestyle for about a year and a half before I wise up and realize "hey, this bitch is using me!" So now I'm on the rebound. This new girl is nice, but again I'm blinded. Mainly because no one else in my family likes her. Heck, one of my grandfathers actually banned her from his house.

She was clingy and she didn't quite grasp some of the military concepts like "duty", "standing watch" and "I can't come see you because I can't leave the ship unless I want to lose a paygrade and spend time in the brig." Case in point, it's the end of deployment and so we pull back into port. Oh lucky me, I have duty that day, which means I can't leave the ship and I have to work all day. I emailed my family about this (grandparents live in San Diego and I'm 4th generation Navy so they understand these things) as well as her. She tries to call me (no cell reception inside a hunk of steel) and instead calls all my family (dad, mom (who is stationed in New York at this point in time (Army)), grandparents) wondering where I am. They try and explain things to her so she understands but she doesn't.

As we're putting in long days decommissioning this ship, we're also getting our new set of orders. For some strange reason, I decide that my next detail will be Guam. I try and break the news to her that I'm going to be stationed overseas and it's highly unlikely that we could continue as a long distance relationship. I broke up with her by cutting off all contact between myself, her and my family.

For the record, it was roughly $1500 round-trip to fly to California from Guam and it's not exactly something I could do on a fairly regular basis given deployment schedule and accrued leave time.

Thinking back to my previous relationships/breakups, wow... I was really an asshole at times.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My first high school boyfriend, in reference to a girl he met 2 weeks prior at a summer function: "I still love you, I just think I love her more."

My second boyfriend, I was still in high school, he was a college freshman: "I'm sorry, you're coming between me and God." (Note: He later went to seminary school and became a minister.)

I think I just had shitty taste in guys.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
    edited March 2010
    Hey, at least the second guy's was an honest statement and not some bullshit line.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    All of mine have been the girl just stops talking to me completely. Makes me feel like the biggest piece of shit.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My breakups are always terrible.

First girlfriend: Found out she was doing my #2 best friend, #1 best friend was covering for them.

Second girlfriend: Had another boyfriend, wouldn't break up with him, had a nasty spat about it, after we broke up she broke up with the other guy, found a new guy, married him last year.

Third girlfriend: had one of those zombie relationships that just won't fucking die, eventually broke up for good after I discovered her doing coke instead of going to see a movie with me.

Fourth girlfriend: had another boyfriend who wasn't in the country (China), she eventually married him.

Fifth: Had another boyfriend, decided that she wanted to be completely honest about it to everyone, told him about me, me about him, told him my name, me his name, received a very threatening Facebook message from him basically accusing me of rape.

Sixth: kept telling me about how her father was beating her little brother half to death because he was so angry his daughter was dating some white guy. Also, she had a boyfriend.

Seventh: Perfect relationship! But we were only together for 50 days, then I came back to America, she fake-broke-up with me over the phone (but didn't tell me she wasn't really broke up with me), I cried for a while, cauterized my feelings for her and tried to forget about her. Then she tells me she didn't really mean it. Too late, I had already scuttled my enthusiasm for her. She was perfect, too.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Nah man, they just were too juvenile to come forward and say something.

Ok, I've got one were I got dumped.

So I'm at my new command in Guam and my eye catches this cute girl and I try and work up the nerve to talk to this girl after a few months. All my friends push me to do so and finally, perfect opportunity arises and we go out.

Now, I've got 4 people giving me advice on what do and giving me information on her (3 friends and her roommate that used to date one of my friends). Hell, after my first date, my ship's underway and we're DIW (dead in the water, 2 of our generators were down for maintenance and one was currently being cannibalized to fix the other) the roommate joins our D&D game (what else the frak can you do on a ship without power) and during a smoke break with everyone out burning a butt, she comes up to me and says "what would you like to know?"

So I try and follow their advice and things go well, or so I thought. Four/Five dates into this relationship, I haven't made any attempt at any type of physical contact. Mainly because I'm scared and keep thinking "now? should I put my arm around her now? how about now? now?" We're heading back from Hawaii and the roommate comes up and delivers the news, "She thinks that you're not moving fast enough and isn't fine with just being friends."

When I came to from the shock, I found that I had wandered into friend's shop/office and listening to "Ordinary World" among other songs with 2 of my friends (the other was on watch).

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Man, you deserved that one. Five dates and you didn't even put your arm around her? A lot of people are bumping uglies by the time the third date comes around!

ChopperDave on