As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Echo Bazaar] Dark RPG + Alternate Victorian London + Twitter!? = Addictive

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm game.

Sorry, you'll have to wait around 6 minutes.

AnteCantelope on
    edited March 2010
    And sent.

AnteCantelope on
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Wow, hitting the Ambition limit really saps a lot of the inertia out of playing this game.

I basically haven't even loaded the page in 2 weeks.

Delzhand on
  • ConvictionConviction Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Just wanted to let you all that on one hand, I'm annoyed that I'm now a part of Twitter, but on the other hand, this seems to be a really intriguing game.

Look for me under the name Everblight.

Conviction on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Wow, hitting the Ambition limit really saps a lot of the inertia out of playing this game.

I basically haven't even loaded the page in 2 weeks.

They need to at least have the ambition go as far as the current level cap.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited March 2010
    If anyone is up for a nice game of chess? I made the mistake of buying some Fourth City Rags, and now I'm in danger of seeing the Cheery Gentleman.

Conviction on
    edited March 2010
    Does anyone know whether getting to 5 in suspicion, wounds, etc. makes you lose your recurring dreams, or is that just nightmares?

AnteCantelope on
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Conviction wrote: »
    If anyone is up for a nice game of chess? I made the mistake of buying some Fourth City Rags, and now I'm in danger of seeing the Cheery Gentleman.

Is there ANY benefit to clicking on the Cheery Gentleman? It seems like it would be an easy thing to avoid after the first time.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
    edited March 2010
    There might be a benefit that hasn't been added yet.

Conviction on
  • WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It could be a shortcut if you want to go mad fast.

Wearingglasses on
  • FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    so some kinda update happened? low risk is now colored blue, there's a "modest" chance. hey maybe straightforward is unfailable now.

Fuga on
  • funkygibbonfunkygibbon Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Throwing my twitter hat in the ring: Funkygibbing

Just started it and have 'A troubled conversation about dusty stones' to burn

funkygibbon on
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hit my ambition limit. :(

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Alright, who's still very active here (as of March25, 2010)? Let's see some show of hands so people would know who's likely to respond to friend counseling / chess / dinner etc.

Wearingglasses on
  • DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I still log on about once or twice a day.
    My twitter link, for easy following

Dizzen on
  • Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My username for this is TophFong.

Satanic Jesus on
    my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Alright, who's still very active here (as of March25, 2010)? Let's see some show of hands so people would know who's likely to respond to friend counseling / chess / dinner etc.

I play regularly/extremely actively, but, I'm on my way home from Iraq AND have to wait until I get a room/get internet installed, so I'm about a week out from playing regularly again

Rent on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm always up for (your pick here). Shadowy 30+ = you find cool items all the time that make nightmares no big thang.

Caveman Paws on
  • ParadisoParadiso Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm still here and am generally willing to participate in shenanigans. Just stop trying to tell me about your blood-curdling dreams. I can't take it anymore.

Paradiso on
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I started playing! :D Twitter is in my sig

skettios on
  • JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Anyone have a list of items which should be sold? That is, they're not used in an events?

JohnDoe on
  • alset85alset85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm also on all the time but recently I log in late in the day when the lag is horrendous so I don't get to do much.

alset85 on
    override said: I can't wait until Toady causes pressurized water to be able to actually damage things. I want to hit goblins with a shit cannon of such pressure that the meat is ripped from their bones

Steam ID
    edited March 2010
    I'm focusing on Watchful / Dangerous. Ambition: Bag a Legend! What about those of you who are still playing?

Was hanging out in Dangerous zone for awhile, but got tired of the missions, soooo now I'm over in the Watchful area. Pretty interesting over here.

skettios on
  • Shifty_CalhounShifty_Calhoun Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Does anyone know how to get to the shuttered palace?

Shifty_Calhoun on
    edited March 2010
    Does anyone know how to get to the shuttered palace?

You need a whole lot of booze. 400x 1882, 1000x 1879, go to your lodgings and choose 'open a way to other parts of the city'.

I'm still playing regularly, but I do not guarantee I will listen to your nightmares.

AnteCantelope on
    edited March 2010
    My Ambition's the Card Game.... of DOOM. Haven't finished it yet though, I was busy seducing a curator's "sister".

Did anybody pick the Avenge a Loved one Ambition at all?

Wearingglasses on
    edited April 2010

I considered it, but chose to beat up things instead (Bag a Legend)

skettios on
  • Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My Ambition's the Card Game.... of DOOM. Haven't finished it yet though, I was busy seducing a curator's "sister".

Don't hurry through it. It ends incredibly abruptly. Just have fun with the side missions. Because once you hit the end of the ambition, you won't really find yourself getting as excited about the game.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • LunysgwenLunysgwen Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Yes. It's been slow work for me thus far.

Lunysgwen on
  • ParadisoParadiso Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Don't hurry through it. It ends incredibly abruptly. Just have fun with the side missions. Because once you hit the end of the ambition, you won't really find yourself getting as excited about the game.

I've found some of the other side stories, as well as entering Knife & Candle, to be fun. No, it's not as good as pursuing the ambition, but it's still reasonably entertaining.

Paradiso on
  • Shifty_CalhounShifty_Calhoun Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Im still playing this. I decided to reset my ambition from 'to bag a legend' over to 'nemesis'.

Is anybody else here doing that ambition? I cant find any more quests at nemesis 9.

Shifty_Calhoun on
    edited May 2010
    To the gentlemen searching for The Game, have you gone to the Circus yet? It seems the trail continues there.

Wearingglasses on
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Paradiso wrote: »

I've found some of the other side stories, as well as entering Knife & Candle, to be fun. No, it's not as good as pursuing the ambition, but it's still reasonably entertaining.

They expand the Ambitions now and again, and there are some excellent side-stories to explore, such as becoming a Scholar of the Correspondence, the Dreams, the Eater-of-Chains, and so forth.

Speaking of expanded ambitions... does anyone have Persuasive/Shadowy over 70 and want some work on the side? I can repay you with... limited player interactions? A voucher for some future service? I could also, alternatively, listen to your horror stories, clear your name of scandal, or stockpile any kind of Second Chance items you wish.

[twitter: lucedes]

Lucedes on
  • LCCLCC Registered User new member
    edited May 2011
    I've just started and am open for all sorts of interactions (watchful/dangerous mostly).

The Twitter is EBLCC.

Hope to hear from you !

LCC on
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I use 10 or twenty actions a day, so feel free to add my Persuasive/Watchful dude:

@Tanith6227

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Anyone still playing this? They just added a new free area to collect some quests, though largely for me it's just filled my opportunity deck with almost impossible skill check cards.

Would like to see some of the "multiplayer" aspects, I'm @Corpekata

Corpekata on
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I recently got back into this. It turns out that it isn't terribly difficult to get enough free Fate to become an Exceptional Friend. At least for one month, anyway.

I'm going to add Corpekata and Iron Weasel, I'm @Witchalok.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I just sent you some nightmares.

I love that I just typed that.

Corpekata on
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wonderful. I thrive on sleepless nights, hunted by the voices in the back of my mind.

Tomorrow, you must come over for tea. And perhaps a game of chess.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • beta.lyraebeta.lyrae Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This looks like a nice change of pace. I'm in.

@hghar

beta.lyrae on