As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

D&D Boston PAXEast meetup: UPDATED 03/08; P14

18910111214»

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Spackler wrote: »
    Fuck. I'm now a lame-ass who has to bail. This is unsettling.

Is transportation the problem? I bet I could convince the wife to totally let us pick up some guy from the internet who may or may not look like a cross between Richard Harris circa 1998 and Brandon Lee in facepaint.

Especially if he is impeccably dressed.

I really appreciate it, but it's a "I woke up feeling like absolute crap" that I was ignoring because if I ignored it long enough it would go away. Alas, not to be.

I was really looking forward to meeting everyone, too.

we'll miss you crow. you don't live too far away anyways, so maybe we can meet up the next time you make it out to boston.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • SpacklerSpackler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Spackler wrote: »
    Fuck. I'm now a lame-ass who has to bail. This is unsettling.

Is transportation the problem? I bet I could convince the wife to totally let us pick up some guy from the internet who may or may not look like a cross between Richard Harris circa 1998 and Brandon Lee in facepaint.

Especially if he is impeccably dressed.

I really appreciate it, but it's a "I woke up feeling like absolute crap" that I was ignoring because if I ignored it long enough it would go away. Alas, not to be.

I was really looking forward to meeting everyone, too.
    We had that exact same thing, fortunately it was a few days ago =P

Feel better!

Spackler on
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    They let us wait in line an hour extra for the keynote only to not let us in. Kinda crappy start but we're seeing if we can get in the pa panel now

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'M IN THE MOTHERFUCKING OMEGATHON!

We just played round one, won our race in Double Dash.

Holy balls this is nuts.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Holy crap, I had a good time. Thanks for organizing this, Irondwill.

I'm going to try my best to not see any pictures of myself locking lips with the red menace.

Also, the cab driver who took me home only did so because my place was on the way to somewhere else, I guess. I tried to get him to stop for the rest of the group, but he wouldn't. Hope you guys made it back to your hotels okay.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    I had a fantastic time!

I hope everyone else did as well!

and that they eventually caught a cab at the intersection of tremont and boylston

i mean come on that is like the most likely place to catch a cab in boston

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    sarksus, bama, and I walked back. the first fifteen minutes were in the exact opposite direction of the hotel thanks to sarksus navigation.

it wasn't all that bad but I told him since we could torture him, we would.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The whole night was great, even if I did commit partial adultery with Kakos. Thanks for organizing it Will.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    sarksus, bama, and I walked back. the first fifteen minutes were in the exact opposite direction of the hotel thanks to sarksus navigation.

it wasn't all that bad but I told him since we could torture him, we would.
    I coldn't feel my face.

This morning I just wish I couldn't feel my head. Oy

Had a great time last night, though. Thanks again to Will for doing the cat herding and thanks to everyone for coming out.

Bama on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah that was kinda creepy, Matt.

JustinSane07 on
    edited March 2010
    Oh, and fuck all you bitches for leaving me at the restaraunt. Justin is the only one who cares.

Bama on
    edited March 2010
    Knowing what everyone sounds like makes reading the forum strange now.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited March 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    Oh, and fuck all you bitches for leaving me at the restaraunt. Justin is the only one who cares.

And don't you forget it!

Btw, i got internet in my room now. Wooo.

Heading off for breakfast though.

JustinSane07 on
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah it was really fun last night, although it was difficult not to simply call everyone by their forum name. I think I still did half the time which was probably rude

Also, how is Justin's name not Justin?

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It was a lot of fun. I will admit.

Fencingsax on
    edited March 2010
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Wait, you were there? Which one were you?!
    I know, right?

At least my name is Roberto Agowski.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited March 2010
    well, we probably won't make it out of the room in time to cheer you on in person, so good luck on Omegathon Round 2, Matt!

Bama on
  • SpacklerSpackler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    That was really fun! Thanks for coming out everyone, and especially thank you Will for playing host. Though I feel guilty about not writing directions for Bama, and Kakos may have scared me back into lurking again...

And good luck in the Omegathon Matt!

Spackler on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    PantsB wrote: »
    Yeah it was really fun last night, although it was difficult not to simply call everyone by their forum name. I think I still did half the time which was probably rude

i have a lot of problems with that, especially if i've been drinking. at least by doing that i don't fuck up will's name. shinto's though...

Dynagrip on
    edited March 2010
    So, I went out in round 2. We were playing King, 2 on 2. First to 50 points won. My teammate kind of sucked. He had a habit of dying pretty quick. We dropped the first 2 games, won the next 2, so the scores were 30 - 30. We lost the next so we were down 35-40. To win, we had to win the last 2 in a row. We won the next, making it 45 - 45. The last game, my teammate died within the first minute. We were even in points, but there was no way I was going to be able to outscore the other 2. One of the other team died, but they were up around 300k points by then. I left a safe zone as it closed, grabbed a power up that ended up being a "slow", and got hit by a snake, and that was it.

Ah well. I got a little medal thingy.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I apologize to everyone for drinking so much. OH MY GOD.

It was fun though.

So It Goes on
    edited March 2010
    So I ran into Kiko just running around and I wanted to ask him a question.

Instead it went like this.

"Hey Kiko!"

"Hey"

LONG AWKWARD PAUSE GOES HERE

"I like the new site!"

"Thanks! /runs off"

Every time I meet someone with some notoriety, I lock up and my brain melts. It happened at PAX 08 with Rooster Teeth too.

Which, btw, if you care about RvB and you didn't go to their panel, you made a mistake.

JustinSane07 on
    edited March 2010
    I just shared these in chat but I figure they should have the honor of being in the sticky.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5J0nfxQwwY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQVW5XflHy0

JustinSane07 on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Wait, you were there? Which one were you?!
    I know, right?

At least my name is Roberto Agowski.

I was at the second table. I was sitting by Kakos.

Fencingsax on
    edited March 2010
    This is more for Bama and Taranis but uh

Variable never got back to my text. I have no idea what happened to him.

JustinSane07 on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    Var is alive. He had to go take care of something but he didn't want to feel like a party pooper, I think, and leave in the middle of everyone going for dinner. He's a rad dude and we love him.

Organichu on
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hanging out with you guys was my favorite part of PAX. I have some ridiculous, awesome, and strange pictures to share with you all tomorrow. You will enjoy them.

Also, we discovered that MikeMan went to high school with a mutual friend. Then our heads exploded.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    edited March 2010
    Hanging out with you guys was my favorite part of PAX. I have some ridiculous, awesome, and strange pictures to share with you all tomorrow. You will enjoy them.

Also, we discovered that MikeMan went to high school with a mutual friend. Then our heads exploded.
    I thought it was "Dated and was dumped by" a mutual friend.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think Kakos' antics are why I'm always so dubious about meeting internet types.

Also, where the photos at? This is the future, one of you should have had a script to auto post photos as they were taken.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited March 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I think Kakos' antics are why I'm always so dubious about meeting internet types.

Also, where the photos at? This is the future, one of you should have had a script to auto post photos as they were taken.

I employed a script that posted photos before they were taken. Horrified by what my future held, I sought to alter the fate of my lips, but doing so merely brought forth the homoerotic tragedy I had hoped to avert.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited March 2010
    Sarks and Will probably have the most pictures from Friday night.

I have tons of pictures and videos from the event.

Uploading all those youtube videos is going to be interesting.

JustinSane07 on
    edited March 2010
    I uploaded my pictures to Facebook. Note: You don't need to be my friend but you do need a Facebook account.

Friday
    Saturday
    Sunday

JustinSane07 on
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I will throw mine up tomorrow morning. I have a bunch from the con, but also a ton from the meet ups. Just got home, am exhausted.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Will is gonna make a picture thread for pictures.

So It Goes on
    edited March 2010
    I have to meet you dudes and dudettes again.

Fencingsax on
  • LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Fucking Facebook... I'm not making making an account just to see those pictures.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2010
    Fucking Facebook... I'm not making making an account just to see those pictures.

They are in the other thread I made!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited March 2010
    I don't have pictures from the dinner LIU. Check the other thread, Will posted pictures. You're in some.

JustinSane07 on
  • LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    That was a weird double post... Sorry about that.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2010
    So some studio versions of tracks on my new Paul and Storm CDs aren't working. Glad the live ones are, because the songs are pretty funny.

Fencingsax on