As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cookie (or Biscuit) Brigade East

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    5 1/2 hours of baking, crushing, dipping, and placing later...72 katamari cakeballs are complete, ftw!

will drop them at the MWP or the flag some time on friday.

hope they turn out to be yummy. they look cool, but i am exercising restraint and therefore didn't test eat one!

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm working on my Pac-Man Sugar cookies shortly!

Halfazedninja on
    My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So, I told Moe that I would bake him some cookies for being awesome and moderating PAForums for us. I then told my roommates that I would bake us some cookies too.... I then baked over 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies with sea salt. Is there any way I could donate some to the cookie brigade? <3

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Definitely so! I'll PM you! =)

Also, awesome job on the baking everyone! They sound fantastic!! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My Pac-Man sugar cookies are nearly done. Where are we all meeting to drop off the cookies and when?

Halfazedninja on
    My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

edited March 2010
    Meeting times and locations:
    Friday: 1pm, 1st floor, the bottom of the escalator right outside of the queue room, back near where the bathrooms are (so a little behind the actual escalators).
    Saturday: 11:15am, 2nd floor, next to the free play stage area (bottom-left corner of the map near the circular open escalator area).
    Saturday: 6:30pm, 1st floor near the queue room area again
    Sunday: 2:15pm, 2nd floor near the free play area again

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So, I told Moe that I would bake him some cookies for being awesome and moderating PAForums for us. I then told my roommates that I would bake us some cookies too.... I then baked over 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies with sea salt. Is there any way I could donate some to the cookie brigade? <3

we'd be glad to have your cookies :)

aerynkelly on
    fss_overall.png
  • ValantineValantine Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I can't find you'd guys I'm in the front of the line for keynote already checked by escalators help I Gots cookies

Valantine on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
    edited March 2010
    The meeting isn't until 1: I think Hypatia Emailed you guys our phone numbers: give me a call if you need to drop them off before the meeting and I can snag them! I'll pm you my # shortly in case you no longer have Hypatia's email! =)

VThornheart on
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm here already, trying to give out chocolate! I'll see you all at 1:00

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
    edited March 2010
    ATTENTION ALL BAKERS: I am entirely out of cookies. All 250 cake balls are gone. Please contact me at the phone number in your E-Mail if you're a baker looking for someone to distribute so we can meet up! PM me here as well if you can't find/don't have the E-Mail: my current supply has run dry and I'm in need of restocking!

VThornheart on
    edited March 2010
    As far as I can tell, we are out of cookies. =( I'm going to go to Shaw's and clean them out... they won't be homemade, but it'll do! I'lll bring all I can for the meeting tomorrow!

VThornheart on
  • HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've still got a bunch of cookies, plus chewy snickerdoodles if you still want them ZeroHourZero!

Just as a clarification, the meeting point on the first floor is in the round area near the windows, not the rectangle area.

Hypatia on
    edited March 2010
    Phew! =) Just got a hold of Hypatia after the E-Mail: indeed, we should be good to go. I didn't realize it, but she's got a veritable truckload of moar cookies. =) I'll skip on the Shaw's for now, and we'll go with that and whatever anyone else has still tomorrow! =)

VThornheart on
    edited March 2010
    saw the MWP in tabletop freeplay on my way out tonight - says he still has katamari cake balls left, so we haven't run totally dry! glad you got hypatia's too!

browncoatbeth on

• kitties_on_acidkitties_on_acid Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I sent VThornheart an email, but then I just noticed browncoatbeth's schedule up above. So I guess I'll just plan on being there then.

Just to help hand out cookies. I didn't feel like baking last night. :D

p.s. I'd be willing to run to Trader Joe's and buy some if we run out.

kitties_on_acid on
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, sorry about hitting the panic button there guys: I just couldn't find anyone with cookies left =) However, from the sound of it between facelesscog, hypatia, and some others coming today we're going to be okay =)

VThornheart on
  • agracruagracru Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I asked the cookie brigade to surprise me when they came around yesterday, and received a sugar cookie as well as a potato chip cookie for my troubles. I use the "surprise me" line probably more often than is sensible, but this is the first time where I have actually been a) genuinely surprised, because "potato chip cookies" consists of three words that I previously thought should NEVER go together, and b) genuinely pleased with the results of my obnoxious request.

In short? I love the cookie brigade.

agracru on
    You can't debate Ann Coulter because it would be like debating a Dadaist on why the sugarsnorklefickle 70,300.00 burglefish$ camera.

Something Useful To Everybody: My movie blog
  • kitties_on_acidkitties_on_acid Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I really tried to find you guys today to help. I really, really did. *pout*

Sorry.

kitties_on_acid on
  • DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Go Go Cookie Brigade! I'm with you in spirit!

DJBreslin on
    edited March 2010
    <3 guys! Just to note, from the money that has been turneds over to me I did a count just now: $1119.66 so far! I think it'll be at least double if not more when we combine the others not yet in... not bad for a firsat year at a new PAX! Thank you everyone who gave so generously to Child's Play! Hypatia will have the final tally tomorrow!

VThornheart on
  • the_stamythe_stamy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    For whoever made the awesome Vegan Pumpkin Spice cookies, would you mind PM'ing me the recipe? I inhaled those things.

the_stamy on
  • Mad_Scientist_WorkingMad_Scientist_Working Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Not to abuse any potential...uhh...beneifts(?), but I have been told by Parabs that, at past Primes, he's been let in to panels and other events early, due to the wheelchair. I don't want to seem like I'm taking advantage of the situation, but if they're going to let me in to the keynote early(along with my wife, hopefully), for example, then we can distribute cookies to our hearts' content, providing relief to the growling stomachs of the assembled geeks and raising all kinds of cash for Child's Play. :)

Thoughts?
    Hey. I met you on Friday. I didn't have any money nor did you have any cookies but I did find someone who did have cookies to donate to you. Also, who was the person with the bulbasaur hat that I believe worked one of the boothes.

Mad_Scientist_Working on
  • DorkaliciousDorkalicious Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I wanted to grab some cookies/donate but didn't see anyone throughout the weekend. Hope the CB was successful for everyone though.

Dorkalicious on
  • HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Grand total for the weekend: $3079.03!

A fantastic run for our very first time at PAX East, a special thank you to everyone who helped to raise this money! Nice job everyone!! :D

Hypatia on
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    That is amazing! Well done everyone

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • cuennascuennas Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i bought some from some one and they were amazing also meet this kewl person while in line to play some live d and d who was also selling cookies for cb didnt catch his name kinda sorry that i didnt cause we ended up chilling for bit then found out we live in the same hood. he became gnome to me and my friend though he keeped insisting on he was a dwrft and that there as a few inches diffence , i was actually thinking about helping the cause and kinda sad i didnt help out :( but when i goto which ever is my next event i will def look into helping out, so if anyone knows gnome tell him to hit me with a private message looking for more d and dplayers so i can learn how to play in new york

cuennas on
  • VentureIndustriesVentureIndustries Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Yup, Gnome here. High five for Childs Play!

VentureIndustries on
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.
  • cuennascuennas Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    hey gnome but yea i live in new york and if you guys run anything threw new york let me know i would def be intrested in helping out.

cuennas on
  • crimsong19crimsong19 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Can I just say that from what I saw all of you did a fantastic job?
    VT- I ran into you a few times and the cake balls were FANTASTIC! I brought a bag of 2 home and I'm going to see if I can work off the recipe from the site. BTW, great rig! http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs461.snc3/25334_381478089379_503584379_3517091_6457700_n.jpg
    Jeff/Facelesscog- Did I run into you earlier and ask about VT? Thinking back now, I think I did.
    Aeryn- A pleasure, once again!

crimsong19 on
    PAX East status: Hotel [X] Three-day passes [] Two one-day passes [X] Cookie recipes [X] Transportation [X]
    edited March 2010
    Thanks! I'll be sure to tell the lady at work who made them that everyone loved them! They definitely evaporated quickly! =)

I've got to give a big thanks to everyone who helped out baking and distributing, and everyone who helped out Child's Play in a delicious way! =)

I wish the forums had an Applause button, because I'd be hammering away at it particularly for Facelesscog and Rebecca right now, who were not just Cookie Brigadiers but Cookie Warriors! Your chocolates were awesome, and your dedication to the cause even moreso!

VThornheart on
  • FacelesscogFacelesscog Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thanks! I'll be sure to tell the lady at work who made them that everyone loved them! They definitely evaporated quickly! =)

I've got to give a big thanks to everyone who helped out baking and distributing, and everyone who helped out Child's Play in a delicious way! =)

I wish the forums had an Applause button, because I'd be hammering away at it particularly for Facelesscog and Rebecca right now, who were not just Cookie Brigadiers but Cookie Warriors! Your chocolates were awesome, and your dedication to the cause even moreso!

It was our pleasure, and now that we know what we're doing, we're shooting to improve our total for next year!

(EDIT: Stay tuned for stories and suggestions on what we'd like to do next year! My personal goal for PAXE 2011 is to double our total.)

Facelesscog on
  • RebeccaRebecca Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    We should be thanking you and Hypatia! You two did all the organization. It was wonderful meeting you all and can't wait till next PAX East, of course if they get Captain Tight Pants for PAX Prime we'll figure out some way to get there.

Of course the whole 9 and a half hour drive home we talked about what we are going to do for the next time.

Rebecca on
    edited March 2010
    te he =) You guys rock! =)=) I'd be psyched to see you guys out there for Prime too! I'm going to keep my fingers crossed! =)

VThornheart on
  • ransimransim Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just so you guys know?

Those chocolate cake ball things should really be classified as illegal substances. So insanely tasty, I was glad I only got two I would have put on 50 lbs just eating those dang things all weekend.

Serious props to whoever made those and the lemon cookies.

ransim on
    edited March 2010
    <3<3 Thanks! =)=) Spread the word, they'll be back at the next PAX East unless I get fired from my job between then and now! ;)

I don't think they'd survive the trip to Seattle though, so they'll be a PAX East exclusive. =)

VThornheart on
    edited March 2010
    Hypatia wrote: »
    Grand total for the weekend: $3079.03!

A fantastic run for our very first time at PAX East, a special thank you to everyone who helped to raise this money! Nice job everyone!! :D

Awesome!!! Felt really good to be a part of that, so thanks for organizing!! :)

browncoatbeth on

• LukeFLukeF Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    agracru wrote: »
    I asked the cookie brigade to surprise me when they came around yesterday, and received a sugar cookie as well as a potato chip cookie for my troubles. I use the "surprise me" line probably more often than is sensible, but this is the first time where I have actually been a) genuinely surprised, because "potato chip cookies" consists of three words that I previously thought should NEVER go together, and b) genuinely pleased with the results of my obnoxious request.

In short? I love the cookie brigade.

I got one of these too, and I'd actually really like the recipe. My wife refused to try a bite, but it was an awesome combination of salty and sweet. It seemed like sugar cookie dough with potato chips mixed in, but if whoever made those could shed some light on that, that would be swell.

LukeF on
    edited March 2010
    Aye, Hypatia made them... I believe they were potato chip cookies if I'm not mistaken! Hopefully she'll post soon with the recipe! =)=)

VThornheart on
  • ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dear Hypatia:

You are my Hero.

I devoured the Snicker-doodles during the downtime between Paul and Storm, and JoCo.

I would like the recipe they were fantastic.

Lurve,

ZHH

ZeroHourHero on
This discussion has been closed.