As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Bioware: Yes, we are racist ;_;

• Options
    Dr.ObliviousDr.Oblivious Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    14 hours until nothing happens.

Dr.Oblivious on
    Eve Name: Locke Ateid
    Steam Name: Dr.Oblivious

If you can't live for the now, at least live for the future.
    Bad+Dreamer.png
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I bet it's either an announcement about when the SWTOR beta starts (not anytime soon), or they'll announce the "New Next Gen Game".

reVerse on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    that adept video is goddamned amazing

i'm definitely doing an adept one of these days

ME1 i did an adept from level 1 on insanity, didn't notice a challenge :\

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Actually, now that I think about it, it'll be an announcement that they'll announce something at E3.

reVerse on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I bet they outsourced a quarian harem dating sim to a Japanese developer.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Pancake wrote: »

You're just bitter because you wanted them to use your fanfiction as a script.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    they already said the announcement is community-related

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    -Tal wrote: »

And it would be.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

It's going to be a matchmaking service for Talimancers based out of their community site.

Drake on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Someone please tell me Talimancer isn't a term they actually use to describe themselves.

I want to believe. :(

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Drake wrote: »

It's going to be a matchmaking service for Talimancers based out of their community site.
    why do they need that

they all already found their match

Elendil on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

My tenuous faith in humanity will probably be completely annihilated if that turns out to be a real thing. :(

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    AoR_Final wrote: »

My tenuous faith in humanity will probably be completely annihilated if that turns out to be a real thing. :(

fap fap fap :winky:

Fiaryn: ...that's what they call themselves. You can look for yourself on the Bioware forums. They've made the damned things unreadable 'cuz they won't stick to their character support thread wankfests.

Orca on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Orca I hate you. I hate you so bad.

I wish I could hate you to death I specifically told you to tell me the OPPOSITE OF THAT

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well, it obviously refers to their ability to conjure, using the media of Tali.

What do they conjure?
    They conjure boners.

They conjure boners, of course.

DHS on
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Fiaryn wrote: »

I wish I could hate you to death I specifically told you to tell me the OPPOSITE OF THAT

Why do you think I told you? It's my good deed for the day.

Orca on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Someone please tell me Talimancer isn't a term they actually use to describe themselves.

Oh my, have I got a treat for you, straight from the official boards: their manifesto!
    Hi Wulf!
    here's been a truck load of good conversations, philosophizing, screen shots, poetry, humor, good natured camarderie and admiration/love for Tali'spersona. It just came to me in a flash a moment before typing this post. We often speak of Tali and our fan enthusiasm towards her as though it were a sect; the truth may not be too far off that description. Stated in short, concise terms: We've become a movement. Each day the self-declared "Talimancers" return, many of us familiar faces and some new. Our exuberance and devotion to this place does not appear to be dimming as the days go by - quite the ontrary. And it is not because of this place. No, it's because of what has been unleashed by the creation of Tali'Zorah vas Normandy as a character. I trust we are all painfully aware that she is not a living, breathing entity as we have come to understand such. She has become an ideal; her spirit as awakened something that has lain dormant deep inside many of us - each of us either secretly aware that we craved something or perhaps going through our daily routines unsure how to place our fingertips on it yet instinctively aware that something is missing. Each of us share this yearning to one degree or another and it is a shared commonality that forges these bonds between us that have been strengthened over the past few days.

We are kindred spirits irrespective of our age, our experience, our country of birth or native tongue, we are alike becausewe have been awakened inside. We've had one of those rare opportunities that some people can search or for a lifetime to glimpse at our inner workings, compare it to the world around us and reached the conclusion that regardless of our station in life it can be even better. That we as individuals and as a collective group can be better - that we are already becoming better thanks to the resonating, complimentary effect we are creating amongst ourselves. It may sound melodramatic yet I believe with an earnest heart and a clear mind that the adoration and love the character of Tali'Zorah enjoys is a testament to the recognition by many here that there s a love that can burn so brightly within the recesses of our souls that no darkness, no matter how grave, can extinguish. We, the so-called "Talimancers" - a term that may have started out as a half jest, have become a movement because we see clearly, perhaps for the first time in a while, that there are better and greater things in our brief existence than purely material and selfish pursuits. That the values represented in Tali'Zorah vas Normandy need not only apply to her but can apply to us and those around us. That we can find such a love - selfless, honest, compassionate, modest, pure, brave and strong - and that it is something worth striving for. It is or these reasons that we have each come to love Tali'Zorah in our own individual way, and it is for those reasons that she, the character of Tali'Zorah vas Normandy, has become a rallying cry, a symbol. ......And now I'm one.

GAZE INTO THE ABYSS YE MORTALS.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Oh my, have I got a treat for you, straight from the official boards: their manifesto!
    Hi Wulf!
    here's been a truck load of good conversations, philosophizing, screen shots, poetry, humor, good natured camarderie and admiration/love for Tali'spersona. It just came to me in a flash a moment before typing this post. We often speak of Tali and our fan enthusiasm towards her as though it were a sect; the truth may not be too far off that description. Stated in short, concise terms: We've become a movement. Each day the self-declared "Talimancers" return, many of us familiar faces and some new. Our exuberance and devotion to this place does not appear to be dimming as the days go by - quite the ontrary. And it is not because of this place. No, it's because of what has been unleashed by the creation of Tali'Zorah vas Normandy as a character. I trust we are all painfully aware that she is not a living, breathing entity as we have come to understand such. She has become an ideal; her spirit as awakened something that has lain dormant deep inside many of us - each of us either secretly aware that we craved something or perhaps going through our daily routines unsure how to place our fingertips on it yet instinctively aware that something is missing. Each of us share this yearning to one degree or another and it is a shared commonality that forges these bonds between us that have been strengthened over the past few days.

We are kindred spirits irrespective of our age, our experience, our country of birth or native tongue, we are alike becausewe have been awakened inside. We've had one of those rare opportunities that some people can search or for a lifetime to glimpse at our inner workings, compare it to the world around us and reached the conclusion that regardless of our station in life it can be even better. That we as individuals and as a collective group can be better - that we are already becoming better thanks to the resonating, complimentary effect we are creating amongst ourselves. It may sound melodramatic yet I believe with an earnest heart and a clear mind that the adoration and love the character of Tali'Zorah enjoys is a testament to the recognition by many here that there s a love that can burn so brightly within the recesses of our souls that no darkness, no matter how grave, can extinguish. We, the so-called "Talimancers" - a term that may have started out as a half jest, have become a movement because we see clearly, perhaps for the first time in a while, that there are better and greater things in our brief existence than purely material and selfish pursuits. That the values represented in Tali'Zorah vas Normandy need not only apply to her but can apply to us and those around us. That we can find such a love - selfless, honest, compassionate, modest, pure, brave and strong - and that it is something worth striving for. It is or these reasons that we have each come to love Tali'Zorah in our own individual way, and it is for those reasons that she, the character of Tali'Zorah vas Normandy, has become a rallying cry, a symbol. ......And now I'm one.

Murder is still illegal right? :(

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Hi Wulf!

doublefacepalm.jpg

reVerse on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Orca wrote: »

Why do you think I told you? It's my good deed for the day.

there is nothing good about what you do or who you are

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Hi Wulf!

I want to die. :(

That made my spleen hurt.

Granted I have an enlarged spleen from a preexisting condition, but I'm thinking it's mostly what is in the magenta.

I should go to the hospital.

DHS on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    dear god that spoiler

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Look what you've done! Now my brain is leaking out!

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    we see clearly, perhaps for the first time in a while, that there are better and greater things in our brief existence than purely material and selfish pursuits

we see clearly, perhaps for the first time in a while, that there are better and greater things in our brief existence than purely material and selfish pursuits

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Quoth Phillip J. Fry:

Did everything just taste purple for a second?

DHS on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Isn't this a violation of the "do not quote from the Tali thread" rule?

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    that's it

i am using that line in an essay at some point

"that there are better and greater things in our brief existence than purely material and selfish pursuits" - KFD_Case, Talimancer

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It may sound melodramatic yet I believe with an earnest heart and a clear mind that the adoration and love the character of Tali'Zorah enjoys is a testament to the recognition by many here that there s a love that can burn so brightly within the recesses of our souls that no darkness, no matter how grave, can extinguish.
    your-head-asplode.jpg

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Hi Wulf!

Sheezus.

How... how do people get like this? I mean, these are like, delusions of grandeur or something, right? What the fuck....

Ceno on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    This. This is where it begins. This is the Tribulation. That is the sentence that ushers the end times.

A niche in the internet has literally become stuck so far up its own ass, that it could literally see light again, thus creating a reality warping singularity that threatens existence itself.

Sadly, the only being capable of stopping this? Commander Shepard, who being twicefold unable to assist, as he is fictional; and ironically, currently preoccupied with banging Tali'Zorah vas Normandy.

DHS on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Now I feel like a neckbeard... Had I known that this community existed when I decided to seek a conquest of Tali's taco, I would have reconsidered my decision. :(

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well, there's always that bald tatooed mostly nekkid lady one floor down from Tali.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    i almost want to go to those forums just to troll those tali fans

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Tali's taco

alliteration is cool

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Tali's taco

alliteration is cool

inorite?

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Dr.ObliviousDr.Oblivious Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Let's just forget the official forums exist and go back to making quad jokes.

Dr.Oblivious on
    Eve Name: Locke Ateid
    Steam Name: Dr.Oblivious

If you can't live for the now, at least live for the future.
    Bad+Dreamer.png
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ceno wrote: »

Hi Wulf!

Sheezus.

How... how do people get like this? I mean, these are like, delusions of grandeur or something, right? What the fuck....

It's called being 15.

Or never growing out of it.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    man i was never like at at 15

i mean if you want to idolize somebody to that level it would help if they were at least real

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    You know whats more disturbing about that paragraph?

it is extremely well-written and descriptive.

An intelligent person wrote that. Or at least someone intelligent enough to have a relatively above-average control of English.

Thats whats more worrying.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ah, Tali. Truly a shining beacon in this dark fog called life.

Dragkonias on