As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A [Chat] at the Opera

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    _J_ you are a robot but you are our robot.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    God, speaking of guns, on I-90 there is a giant fucking advertisement for a gun show.

In fake neon it's like NO ID NO BACKGROUND CHECK CRIMINALS AND TERRORISTS WELCOME.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man, I want an internet arch nemesis. I argue with all you fuckers as much as anyone else, but it never warrants the same eternally familiar hatred that some of you guys develop.

Well, except maybe Thanatos, but I think he just has a stick up his ass.

...We meet again, Moriarty.

:lol:

Nocturne on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man, I want an internet arch nemesis. I argue with all you fuckers as much as anyone else, but it never warrants the same eternally familiar hatred that some of you guys develop.

whoever registered this alt just to do this deserves a hi5

Pony on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    hey pods

are you making it to jersey on friday night?

if not, i'm off work saturday too

i'm thinking about coming into the city from jersey city

will you be available for lunch or dinner or anything?

Organichu on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I had no idea Nerdgasmic was ‘younger’. I don’t know what that means or what his age is and I am happy.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    _J_ wrote: »
    I like hearing stories of people who inter-hate me.

I appreciate that they have nothing better to do with their emotions.

I was going to put in a dig here but I couldn't think of anything clever enough. So you get the truth instead.

I find your quirky views endearing. It does not infuriate me when I disagree with them because I know on the topics where you're more out there, you're not going around beating the shit out of transvestites who don't follow your theories on gender identity.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    i give _J_ shit pretty much exclusively due to my interactions with him and not some internet reputation he has garnered

Were you on the forums when I told the story of the time I went out with my GF before we were dating, we started talking about the PA forums, and she told me that she knew of me on the PA forums before we met?

That was a surreal conversation.

_J_ on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Home. Home at last. God, that was the worst weekend of my life. I had to hang out with a group of the most disgusting examples of humanity I have ever seen.

You have so many venereal diseases now you have no idea

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    there's pretty much a weird, haaaazy borderland between techniques that are considered acceptable seductive lures and things that are considered underhanded manipulations that rob people of knowledge or consent

sometimes, it's very obvious where a thing is on that border (getting a woman so smashed that you are a blurry haze and she will agree to anything)

but then you get things like meeting a girl who has had a couple of drinks, and so have you, and neither one of you is [plastered but both of you re tipsy enough to have shed some of your inhibitions and make moves on each other

then it gets sorta nebulous, especially if regret after the fact becomes involved

Double rape!

damn son

I posed this question in the past: is it really rape if both parties are unwilling?

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Boo get off the stage.

(edit: i am surprised that name was not taken.)

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I’m rather surprised nobody had registered the Sherlock Holmes joke alt.

stilist on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Oh my god, someone really registered an alt just to do this. I love you!!! Whoever you are!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    being Thanatos' nemesis would imply that he has more hate for you than he has for other people

which seems impossible

you can't have more than 100% hatred

The funny thing is, he's extremely pleasant in person, if a bit competitive.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Rust wrote: »
    Tarranon wrote: »
    what the hell anime thread

why you gotta make me hate myself even more

and there are people talking about making it even more pedo for the next one

anime thread is approaching peak pedo

ugh. I am just glad that I have sane people I can talk to about these things. I feel like I can be near 100% confident that I've never missed a recommendation I would regret missing by not venturing into the anime thread.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thanatos is great fun to hang out with in person. Over the internet you can't see the silly grin on his face when he is hatin' on Texas or what have you.

And, having met Preacher, is is god damned hilarious in person. He had us cracking up all through dinner. He is the person most like their forum posts I have met. But in a super good way.

Edit: Oh, and Than is a kickass opponent in board games. Because dude is hell of good at them and plays to win. Makes you really think about stuff and not hold back.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    I hope Nerd understands that people just give him shit for his age purely because people like to give each other shit.

I definitely wouldn't want to post in the same thread as myself at his age. I mean the guy is very mature, all things considered.

I'll give him shit from time to time, but I've also told him that he's a good kid. He's polite and respectful generally, but I think we've given him some odd ideas.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    i give _J_ shit pretty much exclusively due to my interactions with him and not some internet reputation he has garnered

Were you on the forums when I told the story of the time I went out with my GF before we were dating, we started talking about the PA forums, and she told me that she knew of me on the PA forums before we met?

i will be perfectly honest i don't read posts where you talk about your girlfriend

i scroll by them

Pony on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I bet if I get talked about somewhere else it's in the form of "Yeah, that guy posts a lot, but fuck if I can describe him in any way."

I mostly make uninteresting posts.

I figure it's better to stay under the radar.

This is pretty much how I think of myself on here. I post enough, but I'm usually surprised if anyone outside [chat] remembers me, or even some people within.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    Sherlock HolmesSherlock Holmes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    stilist wrote: »
    I’m rather surprised nobody had registered the Sherlock Holmes joke alt.

Clearly someone did.

Oh my god, someone really registered an alt just to do this. I love you!!! Whoever you are!

Thank you.

Sherlock Holmes on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Kakos, I saw videos of your behavior. I think you win gay chicken at the next PAX because I don't want to really get that close to a dude who has already gotten so close to Will and Organichu.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010

i will be perfectly honest i don't read posts where you talk about your girlfriend

i scroll by them

This is for the best.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In this moment I am feeling about the size I am.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thanatos is great fun to hang out with in person. Over the internet you can't see the silly grin on his face when he is hatin' on Texas or what have you.

And, having met Preacher, is is god damned hilarious in person. He had us cracking up all through dinner. He is the person most like their forum posts I have met. But in a super good way.

Edit: Oh, and Than is a kickass opponent in board games. Because dude is hell of good at them and plays to win. Makes you really think about stuff and not hold back.

Ah man, I cannot wait to meet Preacher at PAX. I'm going to give that guy so much shit, and he is going to return the favor twice over.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I honestly can't imagine being confronted with Gay Chicken and being anything but annoyed.

TL DR on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    y'alls is bitches

HEY

So, I was kind of a douche with the alcohol.

I had a Sam Adam's, a Campari & Soda and two Gin & Tonics on Friday and then on Saturday I had a rum & soda, a gin & tonic and a scotch & soda.

We wish you had come for your alcoholic expertise to supplement Will's.

Your question to me was "what should i drink with peach schnapps in it?"

i really did not know what to say to that

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Rust wrote: »
    what the hell anime thread

why you gotta make me hate myself even more

and there are people talking about making it even more pedo for the next one

anime thread is approaching peak pedo

ugh. I am just glad that I have sane people I can talk to about these things. I feel like I can be near 100% confident that I've never missed a recommendation I would regret missing by not venturing into the anime thread.

things were better before it split into the one piece thread

that one took away most everyone who liked anime that revolved around punching people in elaborate ways and mostly left the ones who sought art under high school girls' skirts

Rust on
  • Options
    Sherlock HolmesSherlock Holmes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Registering an alt is against the rules, right?

Because if it is, I'm totally just a new user that just happened to stumble across this website right now.

Sherlock Holmes on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    _J_ , you are the best person to "flip shit at" in the context of arguing with because you will never back down from an embarrassing statement and you are smart enough to give a dogged defense of just about anything (no matter how crazy). Debating with stupid people is pointless. The fact that people so extensively engage with you should be a compliment.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Finished my essay, motherfuckers

I kinda want a hueg drink, but I really really shouldn't.

MrMister on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I think I might like to be insightful someday, but I wonder what effects that might cause.

stilist on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I bet if I get talked about somewhere else it's in the form of "Yeah, that guy posts a lot, but fuck if I can describe him in any way."

I mostly make uninteresting posts.

I figure it's better to stay under the radar.

This is pretty much how I think of myself on here. I post enough, but I'm usually surprised if anyone outside [chat] remembers me, or even some people within.

You and Hacksaw have the same rep.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    i am told i am both a lot like how i act online, specifically in how i talk

and yet

completely surprising and more reasonable and a lot nicer and "not what i expected at all"

i am not even sure what my forum self-image is anymore

if someone wants to tell me they can go ahead because every time i get "you aren't what i expected!" i am just confused and i am like "what did you expect?"

i am a pretty "open-book" sorta guy!

Pony on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    y'alls is bitches

HEY

So, I was kind of a douche with the alcohol.

I had a Sam Adam's, a Campari & Soda and two Gin & Tonics on Friday and then on Saturday I had a rum & soda, a gin & tonic and a scotch & soda.

We wish you had come for your alcoholic expertise to supplement Will's.

Your question to me was "what should i drink with peach schnapps in it?"

i really did not know what to say to that

SHUT UP

I saw the look on your damn face when I asked it!

I am pretty sure it was So It Goes who told me to ask you that.

I hate her.

PEACH SCHNAPPS IS REALLY GOOD

BE QUIET

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Because if it is, I'm totally just a new user that just happened to stumble across this website right now.

The most eerie coincidence.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Your first post was funny. Now you just look like you want more attention.

Take a lesson from Bizarro Stormy.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Home. Home at last. God, that was the worst weekend of my life. I had to hang out with a group of the most disgusting examples of humanity I have ever seen.

You have so many venereal diseases now you have no idea

Nah. I'm immune to venereal diseases. I've fucked anything and everything my entire life. I've tempered my immune system against such diseases. Everyone else who was there? Oh, you're all fucked. I'm pretty sure I have several chimera VDs such as Herpagonosyphilis and now you all have them. Muwhahaha!

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    my girlfriend has just registered (not sherlock holmes) and is stalking me

she wont tell me who she is

James on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

They know.

I am sorry but you have made a mistake.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Kakos, I saw videos of your behavior. I think you win gay chicken at the next PAX because I don't want to really get that close to a dude who has already gotten so close to Will and Organichu.

Man, I always win gay chicken, except when we both lose.

I always lightly brush the scrotum right away, as the "throw the steering wheel out the window" maneuver. Then I go mid thigh, then move to cup the junk.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
This discussion has been closed.