As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A [Chat] at the Opera

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    the wife-elect is technically registered here

i don't know what her forum handle is, although i could probably guess since she uses the same 2 or 3 handles for everything

she doesn't post

she might read my posts? i am unsure

doesn't bother me either way, this forum is a public space, if i was afraid of someone in my "real life" reading these posts here i wouldn't post

So that XKCD comic sums up your view on it?

eh?

Pony on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Actually, I talk about this forum a little too much in real life. [chat] is my primary social outlet. It's gotten to the point where my brother will recognize names. He knows that when I say "Organichu" I'm talking about the jewish gun guy and that when I say "Kakos" I'm talking about the future father of my child.

Silas Brown on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    Whatever happened to DeShadowC? I liked him. Also, Bama needs to post more often.

Bama is sitting next to me on the train right now.

What the fuck??

You guys are still on the train?

Sarksus on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It was Drez.

phalla logic all up in.

Trust me, wasn't me. I'm not making any alts. All they need is a technical excuse to ban me at this point. So I'm acting completely within the letter of the law.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    speaking of girl problems.

i am sorry for bitching so much [chat].

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    i sometimes tihnk J enjoys arguing with me

but then i think

naw, that's not specific to me

dude just likes to argue

I like your combination of being adamant about your position while being unwilling to found it. Usually you set the goalposts, then shift the goalposts until you get to a defensible position, only to then be unwilling to defend the position.

It's just fun watching you scurry about.

_J_ on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I have a suspicion that some people I know have read my post here.

But I don't care.

A mutual friend of Choco, Cass and myself told me flat out he lurks here and checks up on our posts.

It was creepy. Hear that Dave, you're being creepy cut it out.

This is the same Dave you were talking about having all the sex dreams about?
    Just kidding. When I mentioned that my new housemate browses the forums, this is the reaction I got in [chat]

TL DR on
    edited March 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    Whatever happened to DeShadowC? I liked him. Also, Bama needs to post more often.

Bama is sitting next to me on the train right now.

Cool. Bama is a cool guy. Tell him I said hey. And twist his nipple for me.

Drez on
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    That's just what _J_ would say.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Kakos, I saw videos of your behavior. I think you win gay chicken at the next PAX because I don't want to really get that close to a dude who has already gotten so close to Will and Organichu.

Man, I always win gay chicken, except when we both lose.

I always lightly brush the scrotum right away, as the "throw the steering wheel out the window" maneuver. Then I go mid thigh, then move to cup the junk.

Thing is, I'll just go with it. If someone starts putting moves on me like that, I'm just gonna assume they're really into it and respond in kind. It's not actually gay chicken until the other person calls it and quits.

I'm pretty good at heterosexual chicken too.

Competitive girls are awesome.

I could go for some heterosexual chicken.

Sarksus on
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Me too. I bitched about my ex a lot, since I joined shortly after we broke up and I was still butthurt over the whole thing.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Oh please. Compared to Res I didn't even notice you.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
    edited March 2010
    I'm _J_.

Quid Pro Quo...me.

_J_ on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Rust wrote: »
    Tarranon wrote: »
    what the hell anime thread

why you gotta make me hate myself even more

and there are people talking about making it even more pedo for the next one

anime thread is approaching peak pedo

ugh. I am just glad that I have sane people I can talk to about these things. I feel like I can be near 100% confident that I've never missed a recommendation I would regret missing by not venturing into the anime thread.

things were better before it split into the one piece thread

that one took away most everyone who liked anime that revolved around punching people in elaborate ways and mostly left the ones who sought art under high school girls' skirts

Yeah but one of the head OP guys is always talking about how he like has so many dates a week you wouldn't even know man, and he, like, gets art and venture brothers isn't western animation because they animate it in korea or some such nonsense

that he has not been laughed out of the community is enough for me to seriously mistrust those guys

basically we should just ban everyone to another anime thread whenever they advocate horrible things

and then eventually just ban everyone in the reject thread

it's the only way

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    the wife-elect is technically registered here

i don't know what her forum handle is, although i could probably guess since she uses the same 2 or 3 handles for everything

she doesn't post

she might read my posts? i am unsure

doesn't bother me either way, this forum is a public space, if i was afraid of someone in my "real life" reading these posts here i wouldn't post

So that XKCD comic sums up your view on it?

eh?

dreams.png

RMS Oceanic on
    edited March 2010
    Actually, I talk about this forum a little too much in real life. [chat] is my primary social outlet. It's gotten to the point where my brother will recognize names. He knows that when I say "Organichu" I'm talking about the jewish gun guy and that when I say "Kakos" I'm talking about the future father of my child.

I pretty much only talk about skippydumptruck by name in real life.

Cause I like to say skippydumptruck.

_J_ on
    edited March 2010
    Okay, gonna read some Twilight fan fiction erotica and then turn in.

Later all.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I’d always assumed the chicken I ate was heterosexual, but I guess it doesn’t particularly matter by that point.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
    edited March 2010
    Someone should hire Sherlock Holmes to find out, ah, who...who he is.

Drez on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah but one of the head OP guys is always talking about how he like has so many dates a week you wouldn't even know man, and he, like, gets art and venture brothers isn't western animation because they animate it in korea or some such nonsense

that he has not been laughed out of the community is enough for me to seriously mistrust those guys

basically we should just ban everyone to another anime thread whenever they advocate horrible things

it's the only way

Sometimes I think it would be interesting to have an anime thread for people who don't post in the other anime thread.

Nocturne on
    edited March 2010
    _J_ wrote: »

but then i think

dude just likes to argue

I like your combination of being adamant about your position while being unwilling to found it. Usually you set the goalposts, then shift the goalposts until you get to a defensible position, only to then be unwilling to defend the position.

the reality is i just am not that interested in convincing people i am right

so i will say things

explain things further

but if a person starts trying to argue with me about it i am generally like "meh" and i move on

i realize this can infuriate the shit out of some of the master debaters on here but hell

that's why i generally stay out of the debate threads

there are subjects where i will express my views but aside from that expression i'm really not interested further

Pony on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    There are definitely people who I would rather not find out about me posting here, like my boss, but it's nothing that I would freak out over. I would just rather not have to try to explain.

Yeah. Once or twice I've had clients ask me where I read about IT stuff online. I really don't want to tell them that I post under the name Timothy Leary Come Check Out This Theory and learn snippets about computers in between the drugs and pegging talk.

TL DR on
    edited March 2010
    Preachy XKCD strip is preachy.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
    edited March 2010
    stilist wrote: »
    I’d always assumed the chicken I ate was heterosexual, but I guess it doesn’t particularly matter by that point.

My god...

You made me realize that when I eat meat I may be eating...gay animals.

Which means there would be gay in me..

FUCK!

_J_ on
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    what the hell anime thread

why you gotta make me hate myself even more

and there are people talking about making it even more pedo for the next one

anime thread is approaching peak pedo

ugh. I am just glad that I have sane people I can talk to about these things. I feel like I can be near 100% confident that I've never missed a recommendation I would regret missing by not venturing into the anime thread.

things were better before it split into the one piece thread

that one took away most everyone who liked anime that revolved around punching people in elaborate ways and mostly left the ones who sought art under high school girls' skirts

it's the only way

godfather has some Problems yes but he's pretty much the only one

and the anime thread has already pretty much gotten an image as the forums' dumping ground

tube's policy on anime threads is, and i quote, "there is one in D&D. burn with them."

and not to put it too harshly but B:L ISN'T REALLY HELPING

Rust on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I am perfectly happy to inform people of my presence here. I spare no detail to ensure that they will never investigate personally.

And then I remind them of all the classy things I do to make up for it. And I lift my pinkie.

Incenjucar on
    edited March 2010

My god...

You made me realize that when I eat meat I may be eating...gay animals.

Which means there would be gay in me..

FUCK!

And in the case of chicken, you'd have some gay cock inside you.

Drez on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    SoItGoes is pretty.

Also, Kakos.

Winky on
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Ugh. Too philosophical. Can you picture Sherlock freebasing cocaine (or whatever drugs he did) just wondering Who am I?

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Bizarro Stormy was well-executed.

regular stormy was so insufferable i am glad that dude is long gone

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited March 2010
    Animes.

I just watch FMA and people give me shit for it!

Sarksus on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm _J_.

Quid Pro Quo...me.

Mystery solved.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »

it's the only way

Sometimes I think it would be interesting to have an anime thread for people who don't post in the other anime thread.

mention anything that contains a schoolgirl uniform in any capacity and you are OUT

Rust on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    now she wont go to bed because she is busy lurking

thanks assholes :P

James on
    edited March 2010

but then i think

dude just likes to argue

the reality is i just am not that interested in convincing people i am right

so i will say things

explain things further

but if a person starts trying to argue with me about it i am generally like "meh" and i move on

i realize this can infuriate the shit out of some of the master debaters on here but hell

that's why i generally stay out of the debate threads

there are subjects where i will express my views but aside from that expression i'm really not interested further

Every couple of months you will say something that makes me wish that you would fully articulate your systematic approach to that particular notion such that I can discern the primary truths from which you deduce it.

But then I usually lose interest.

_J_ on
    edited March 2010

Ugh. Too philosophical. Can you picture Sherlock freebasing cocaine (or whatever drugs he did) just wondering Who am I?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ28SypAk80

But really...yes, I can.

Drez on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I hardly ever argue on the forums unless it's either an issue that really gets my goat or if I think I need to understand the other side more.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2010
    I don't talk about my ex-fiancee because it would result in being either that guy who is complaining or that survivor with stockholm syndrome trying to convince himself and others that it wasn't so bad.

TL DR on
    edited March 2010
    basically

i will say what i think

and i am often interested in hearing what you think

but what you think about what i think is usually something i can care less about, depending on the topic

so there will be a thread on like, say, religion

and someone will be like "this is what i think!"

and i will be like "This is what i think!"

then they're like "excuse me would you like to defend that viewpoint versus this analysis?"

and i am like "NOPE!"

then they're like :x

and i am like
    8-)

Pony on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Animes.

I just watch FMA and people give me shit for it!

You need to watch other stuff : (

Frosteey on
This discussion has been closed.