As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Happies, Hates, Hopes and Preparation H

• Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Finally got a group together to do Magister's Terrace, giving me Outland Dungeonmaster.

Happy: Reran it on heroic once we did the quest.

Holy crap: Mount dropped.

Hate: Didn't win it. :(

Samphis on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    korodullin wrote: »
    Hate: Early quest design. Specifically, the Dark Iron War in the Wetlands.

I'm trying to collect all the quests I can for each dungeon, and this is my last Stockades one. Ugh. A level 30 quest that's a prereq for a quest that's level 25.

Before they adjusted the levels of all the Vanilla dungeons it was a lvl 30 quest as a prereq for a level 30 quest. But Blizzard lowered the levels of the mobs in Stockade and made that quest pretty useless.

Seg on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Samphis wrote: »
    Happy: Finally got a group together to do Magister's Terrace, giving me Outland Dungeonmaster.

Happy: Reran it on heroic once we did the quest.

Holy crap: Mount dropped.

Hate: Didn't win it. :(

Why not solo it?
    I know it takes me over a hour to do it on my warlock but still I am after the pet

WHen I make my troll druid and get them to 70+ if I don't have it but then I will have a healer/whatver with me to help

Brainleech on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Finally hit the Outland level of my enchanting. Thankfully my mage can craft cheap stuff to DE. Just have to power through this crap.

Hate: Myself. For dropping a maxed out enchanting on my paladin so she can get Inscription, even though my priest, who now has enchanting, had Inscription. Why do I do these things to myself?

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: [Damage Control] in AV at level 61.

edit: Only 1 Outland green, as well. I'm also still wearing cloth pants from RFC.

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

edit: Only 1 Outland green, as well. I'm also still wearing cloth pants from RFC.

warcraft.png

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: 25 Princes down.

Bah: just plate drops.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate my fucking load times, some Addon is fucking with me. Game never loads the first time either so i have to end task it and start again.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

snip
    Yeah but nerf Hunters

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Just got into a guild that runs on the weekends
    Happier: Apparently they're already 11/12 in ICC
    Hope: That this weekend sees me walking away with the kingslayer title

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: Another raiding week ending on a sour note with another 48-attempt Heroic Anub'arak kill. That's how it always seems to end up - we get one near kill (in our case Anub was at 200k when the last one of us died), and one completely retarded wipe within the first two minutes (Anub's tank spaced out and didn't move him before he burrowed and he killed the adds tank with spikes while all of our battle rezes had over 2 minutes remaining).

Double Hate: If the Ret Paladin leading the Holy Wraths had hit his button on the last wave of adds, I would have won Sylvanas's Cunning uncontested if it had dropped. Or if we weren't 23-manning it due to two of the people who were here for Arthas immediately logging off the moment the RL said he wanted us to do ToC. Oh well, I guess that's what I deserve for grousing about wanting to sleep rather than do ToGC 25.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: Just realized that my server's daily reset time was changed. I should probably take this as a sign to stop the late nights...

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy; as the 10 man guild I'm in, has stopped raiding entirely, I went off and and respec'd to have an elemental build, and since then, I've been having a blast in pvp.

SotA used to wind me up to an incredibly degree, because as a healer, I'd be entirely at the mercy of people ignoring tanks. Now, I just burst them down, and even better, is riding shotgun on a tank, and killing people before they get even close. One SotA I was riding passenger side in a tank, with another elemental shaman doing the same, and stuff just couldn't get close to the tank.

And the weekend had a nice bonus, with an alliance raid on Thunderbluff, which meant I thunderstormed a raid off the lifts twice.

In fact, I could write pages and pages about the fun I've had with thunderstorm.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Somehow I got a Bronze drake today, I have no idea why I haven't won one in the hundred or so times I've rolled for it previously.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Finally got up to revered with The Consortium, allowing me to learn how to "lockpick" with engineering.

Hate: I can't do anything post BC with it. What the goose?

Happy: It allowed us to get a huge shortcut into Ironforge to attempt to raid their king.

Hate: Double their number were waiting for us.

Happy: Bubblehearth

Samphis on
  • Options
    ImperiusVImperiusV Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Finally got up to revered with The Consortium, allowing me to learn how to "lockpick" with engineering.

Hate: I can't do anything post BC with it. What the goose?

Happy: It allowed us to get a huge shortcut into Ironforge to attempt to raid their king.

Hate: Double their number were waiting for us.

Happy: Bubblehearth

Shortcut? What do you mean?

By the way, I'm really happy that I have the T10 Retribution Paladin 2-piece bonus. Is there a single cooler set bonus in the game?

ImperiusV on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    There's a gate from Searing Gorge that's locked. Some dwarf quest gives you a key for it, but a 300+ lockpick, skeleton key or Seaforium charge can open it.

Also, heck yes, Divine Spam is an awesome set bonus.

Samphis on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Saban wrote: »
    Hate my fucking load times, some Addon is fucking with me. Game never loads the first time either so i have to end task it and start again.

Me too. The end task/reload thing.

Doesn't happen on my bank alt who has no addons, but so far I'm too lazy to go figure out which one it is.

Bigity on
  • Options
    NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sigh: Making raids. I talk to 24 people over the past 2 weeks who are just OMG thrilled on going to Yogg. Sat nite rolls around.... 12 people show up. Srsly?

Sad: Found out the hard way I can't solo the first boss in AQ20 with my priest for a dress, and i really wanted a new pretty dress.... after my disappointment I decided that all bugs should die, grabbed my pally and went on a killing spree. No dress dropped :(

Happy: Got the AQ achievement on my pally :P Something about grabbing 30+ mobs just empowering!

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    How long did the first boss take solo? The one that constantly silences?

Samphis on
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    There's a gate from Searing Gorge that's locked. Some dwarf quest gives you a key for it, but a 300+ lockpick, skeleton key or Seaforium charge can open it.

You went through from Kargath instead of just taking the teleporter to Gnomeregan?

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    How long did the first boss take solo? The one that constantly silences?

It took awhile since I am prot, but i kept moving backwards (a loop around his pit) so i didn't get silenced at all.

When I did with my priest, I think what failed for me was I wasn't dodging any of the healing debuff stack (got to 10) my pally only got to 7 at most.

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Saeris wrote: »

You went through from Kargath instead of just taking the teleporter to Gnomeregan?

Yeah, wouldn't have been my plan either, but I wasn't in charge.

Samphis on
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: topping 10man charts and in top 5 for 25's as an elemental shaman (~8500)
    Hate: The above because it's so indicative of how crappy our dps is
    Happy again: GM is swapping me out on a shaman to my DK tank. two hand tank, awaaaaay!

Grape Ape on
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Finally found someone to help me through the Shadow Labs so I could get the first key fragment.

Happier: The other two were much easier to get and were very soloable.

Hate: Had to run Old Hillsbrad to get to the Black Morass.

Happy again: Was actually fun, had Thrall tank everything and it felt epic to fight alongside him.

Back to Hate: Black Morass sucks, its like VH but in a godforsaken swamp with lvl 68 crocodiles that have larger than they should aggro radius'.

Hope: I can find a group for Kara sometime now that I actually have the key.

Aeyther on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It shouldn't be too bad. You don't really need an actual group for Kara. It can be 3-manned with little difficulty as far as I know. Hell, couldn't it be 3-manned with difficulty at level 70?

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Saeris wrote: »

Probably because it's broken for many people.

Unless it's been fixed in the past 6mo or; for ages some people flat out can't get the quest to unlock to port to gnomer.

Myself included. Well, when my rogue was horde anyway.

It's annoying as shit and when I looked last summer it had apparently been the case since it was pretty much put in, blizzard knows about it but has done absolutely nothing to fix it.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah. I thought I had done the quest on my warlock, since the guy who gives the quest doesn't give it to me, but I also don't actually have the key, and nor will Scotty give me a new one.

So yeah, I can't teleport to gnomer either.

Interestingly enough, I have done Rig Wars, and now it requires you do the teleport quest first.

Edit: Although, I also remember abandoning rig wars and repicking it up several times to try to get the teleport quest to appear at one point. I think I tried this before they changed the prereq order, but I'm not sure.

Anyhow, if I cared, I'd petition a GM, since that's the only thing I could really do without walking there.

Edit2: According to a poster on wowhead:
    Apparently if you completed the quest Stolen: Smithing Tuyere and Lookout Spyglass you will be unable to to get the quest from Scovin or Scooty. I confirmed this with a GM last night after completing several chains attempting to unlock the quest on my level 80 hunter.

That explains a lot.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    AsharaxxAsharaxx Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ImperiusV wrote: »
    By the way, I'm really happy that I have the T10 Retribution Paladin 2-piece bonus. Is there a single cooler set bonus in the game?

T8 4-piece Mage, maybe.

Oh god I can't stop having Hot Streak

Asharaxx on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: Got in a car accident on Saturday, and have had a headache since.

Hate #2: I don't know what to do in WoW. I don't want to commit to raiding. And I don't really want to level my Rogue because I wont gear him at all. I still haven't finished gearing my lock. The wait times for dungeons are just so irritating.

Hate #3: I can't solo Hakkar. :( He can't kill me, but I can't kill him either.

Happy: Got a couple achievements. I love achievements. Now I just need to figure out how to make money so I can buy the various mounts for achievements.

Hate #4: I can't make money. Other than dailies, I've never been able to figure out a way to get a steady income. And I want epic flying on alts and junk.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I sort of have the same problem. It isn't that I can't figure out a way to make money, it just takes so much commitment to setting up auctions and crafting, and I just hate it. Money is basically thrown at you at a ridiculous rate, so I'm not even sure it is worth it. Most people who make a lot of money just do it to try to be gold capped and who the hell cares really.

jackal on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yeah I don't want to be gold capped or anything. I just want to be able to do things like have epic flying on alts, or the travellers tundra mammoth. Etc. etc. And I don't know how to make the best use of my professions.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm currently running BC dungeons for cash. Everything I kill drops like 50-60 silver, and 2-3 Netherweave. That gives me about 120-300 gold per dungeon from pure gold, then I can vendor drops and auction the Netherweave. It's remarkably profitable for ~half an hour, and I get BC rep on top of it. I've respecced to 2/3 prot, 1/3 ret (not very different from my Wrath heroic tanking spec) and am going to try a few on heroic. I know I can handle the CoT heroics on solo.

I've made about 8,000 gold in the last week or so doing BC dungeons, and got my rep up to revered with every dungeon faction. It sure as hell beats farming elementals, and I got all of my weapon skills maxed to boot.

I'd recommend a tank class for heroics, but I know a few mages and shadow priests who solo the BC dungeons on normal just fine.

Samphis on
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Step 1: Get a bank alt.

Step 2: If you are not using something and don't see yourself using it over the course of a day (ie normal circumstances), mail it to your bank alt.

Step 3: Once a week, auction EVERYTHING on your bank alt.

The thing is is that it's better to sell something than hang on to it because you 'might need it'. Chances are you won't use it, ever; the money is more useful, and hey - if you do need that thing again, you can just buy another one with the money you made from selling it.

Made over a thousand gold just going through 2 character's bags, pruning out all the extra crap, and AHing it a few days ago. It's surprising how much valuable garbage accumulates in your bank. 200 Relics of Ulduar? 3 stacks of northrend spices? 10+ blue gems of all colors that you don't use because you use epic gems? It adds up.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well I'm a Paladin, with prot/ret specs. Both sets being mostly 232 gear. I soloed heroic ramps the other day with only a few iffy moments. (like pulling the first boss and just about every trash pack surrounding his patrol path accidently) Are you doing normal runs or heroic? And which ones would you recommend?

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I've been doing normal because I can do 2-3 of them in the time it takes to do one heroic. The most profitable ones have been the three Tempest Keep dungeons due to the high number of humanoid enemies (only humanoids drop money and cloth).

I do normal on Ret, and Seal of Light keeps me totally topped off, health-wise. I use command for trash, light for bosses. When I do heroics, the same, just in prot, since I specced into seal of command in prot. Though, I have had moderate success going ret in heroics, just wearing my tank gear and slapping on a 2-hander. My tank set is the 4-piece triumph emblem stuff (also ilevel 232).

Grab a titanium weapon chain if you haven't specced for Pursuit of Justice, since many of the BC dungeon baddies love to disarm.

Samphis on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    If you're farming for straight cash, probably Bot or SH normal is your best bet.

They're both insanely easy, with few really annoying enemies, and they're both relatively fast.

They're still 70, even non-heroic. If you're having problems with them even on normal probably dropping down to normal Ramps or Crypts would be good. They're both quick also.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    How much of the income from solo'ing BC instances is from disenchanting BoPs?

jackal on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Honestly, unless it's a weapon and you know you'll get a essence from it, the gold from armor is worth more than the dusts you can get...so I guess factor that in.

But enemies in instances drop a lot more silver than normal and a lot of cloth/vendor trash.

You can make quite a bit in a single run. I'd say it'd be easy, particularly if you were like a prot pally or DK, to make several hundred gold an hour if you focused on spamming runs.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Honestly, unless it's a weapon and you know you'll get a essence from it, the gold from armor is worth more than the dusts you can get...so I guess factor that in.

But enemies in instances drop a lot more silver than normal and a lot of cloth/vendor trash.

You can make quite a bit in a single run. I'd say it'd be easy, particularly if you were like a prot pally or DK, to make several hundred gold an hour if you focused on spamming runs.

Make sure though, arcane dusts were going for 2.5g each on my server and one BoP armor would get me 2-3 dusts, so anything under 4g worth I guess I would DE, otherwise sell.

Aeyther on
This discussion has been closed.