As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2010 Photo Collection

• Options
    theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    manaheim wrote: »
    ==16==
    PAX%20East%20Day%202010%20-%20120.jpg

There was a huge crowd packed around the Atari 2600 (retro open gaming room) laughing their butts off over the guy playing E.T. (insert howls of pain here), but the EXTREMELY cool little Star Hawk(?) console was getting absolutely no love. :)

I totally got into that little Vectrex console in the wee hours of Friday night. I was getting pretty good at the football game and actually managed to score a touchdown which I took as winning the game since there was no time limit. But apparently, the games on the cart were written by some student and not originally sold with the console. Very cool indeed!

Also, 10 player Bomberman on the Genesis with super daisy-chained multitaps was pretty epic!

theantipop on
  • Options
    crimsong19crimsong19 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Loweryi wrote: »
    Yup! Except I only decided to cosplay her because Vanille and I happen to have the same hair color. She's from Final Fantasy XIII (which I haven't played yet), and unfortunately I've heard that she's got an annoying voice and character. Ah well, hopefully I wasn't!

My friend was from the Silent Hill series, as Pyramid Head. I totally recommend the series (specifically the second one) because it's an amazing game! Sakura was Street Fighter and the welder splicer was Jacob Norris from BioShock 2 Multiplayer. :)

And if you managed to set up a cosplay photo shoot around PAX time next year, I'm sure a ton of people would show up, including me and my friends again. There were plenty of awesome cosplays this year, and as PAX East continues and gets better, I'm sure only more cosplayers will come!
    I saw Pyramid Head while on line for the concert on Saturday night. I was in the blue jacked with a few Intel buttons. And my shirt had the TARDIS crashing into the DeLoreon.

crimsong19 on
    PAX East status: Hotel [X] Three-day passes [] Two one-day passes [X] Cookie recipes [X] Transportation [X]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hey guys!

We had an AMAZING time at PAX on Sunday! We're really looking forward to seeing more photos!

post em here and send them to our e-mail so we can put them up on our site!!!

GhostbustersNH@gmail.com

ghostbustersnh.com

100_1892.jpg
    Our Hero ^

100_1885.jpg
    4470821127_ff5baa3bfe_o.jpg
    kotaku.png
    you can see Red Sox Pitcher Curt Schilling in the background playing the game
    I have one up on my Flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/crimsong19/4472392292/

crimsong19 on
    PAX East status: Hotel [X] Three-day passes [] Two one-day passes [X] Cookie recipes [X] Transportation [X]
  • Options
    TheGreat2ndTheGreat2nd Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    theantipop wrote: »
    Also, 10 player Bomberman on the Genesis with super daisy-chained multitaps was pretty epic!

Were you in on that? It was CRAZY!

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
    I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]
  • Options
    stardust462stardust462 Leominster, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Frankly, the main reason I didn't ask anyone to pose was because I was kinda embarrassed that I didn't really know most of the characters. If memory serves you were with the girl with the pyramid thing on her head... when I saw you guys I turned to my friend and was like "Good christ, what the hell is THAT?!" :lol:

You know... I wonder if I setup a day in the Boston area to just be available to take pictures of folks in their costumes if people would come. It would be a heck of a lot of fun.

Never be embarrassed if you don't know what game or show someone is cosplaying from. If you like their costume then tell them and ask what it is. Not everyone knows every game and series. Also, you may be introduced to something new that you may end up really enjoying.

I bet Boston area cosplayers would love that idea. I know I would, I think your pictures are fantastic.

stardust462 on
  • Options
    BetaMasturBetaMastur Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If anyone got pictures of the Princess Peach in the big skirt, or Lara Croft, please post them, please.

BetaMastur on
  • Options
    katkamikatkami Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Another similar video we did of a mashup of JoCo singing and the people waiting in line singing the Portal Song...

http://www.youtube.com/v/AGPaXed9B1w

And pics from the concert here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/katkamin/collections/72157623723618108/

(I still have a lot more pics to post & editing to do)

[edit] appreciate tips on how to embed the video!

katkami on
  • Options
    TrionTrion Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'll probably upload ome later, but here's one:

pongx.jpg

"What is this strange device?"

Trion on
  • Options
    kill_joyekill_joye Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    pax was amazing!! wish my friends and I hadn't forgotten our cameras there were so many amazing people! can't wait to see more pics

kill_joye on
  • Options
    SoyduckSoyduck Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Wow, thanks for sharing these awesome pictures! My friend got a great pic of him with Bayonetta. She was rocking that!

Soyduck on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    katkami wrote: »
    Another similar video we did of a mashup of JoCo singing and the people waiting in line singing the Portal Song...

http://www.youtube.com/v/AGPaXed9B1w

And pics from the concert here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/katkamin/collections/72157623723618108/

(I still have a lot more pics to post & editing to do)

[edit] appreciate tips on how to embed the video!

That video is really nice - thank you for posting it.

PAX is great because it's 50k people who all want to run home any post everything they did online to share.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    dwaqdwaq Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    I haven't seen anyone post any of Kefka or Shadow (Final Fantasty 6) yet:

sized-20100327_IMG_5070.jpg

sized-20100327_IMG_5072.jpg

There were also a set from Final Fantasy Tactics:

sized-20100327_IMG_5111.jpg

Group shot!

sized-20100327_IMG_5088.jpg

A few more in my gallery.

dwaq on
  • Options
    ROFLROFL Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    if anyone has photos of Neku and Joshua from Sunday, please post them :3 we'd like to see them!

ROFL on
  • Options
    capnjackcapnjack Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This dude's my PAX hero. Nothing beats the suitcase speakers.
    img0089h.jpg

Yeah, that was funny for about 5 minutes. When they started playing idiotic sound clips over and over AND OVER again, it became incredibly annoying.

Wheaton's law!!!!

capnjack on
    Q: "You are in the garden. You see a rose bush. You have a fishing rod. Exits are North, South and IN."
    A: "What do you want from me?!?!?"
  • Options
    manaheimmanaheim Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    valdemiro wrote: »
    Oh man! That was me playing Heavy Rain for the first time, I wasn't expecting the shower sequence. It was bad enough being in public but the whole control wagging made it even worse. Here's probably what was on my screen....

Hard_Rain_Embarassed.jpg

:shock::oops:

(Jason!? Jaaason!!!!!)

hhaha.. I was the guy who walked up behind you and asked you what the heck you were playing. Bald guy, dark hair, big camera. :)

I'm glad I walked away before the shower sequence!!! :lol:

manaheim on
    Chris Russo
    Gamer... photographer... lead monkey coordinator.
    Me: http://www.impeng.com
    G+: http://tinyurl.com/6vss2ah
    FB: http://tinyurl.com/8yek348
  • Options
    manaheimmanaheim Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Frankly, the main reason I didn't ask anyone to pose was because I was kinda embarrassed that I didn't really know most of the characters. If memory serves you were with the girl with the pyramid thing on her head... when I saw you guys I turned to my friend and was like "Good christ, what the hell is THAT?!" :lol:

You know... I wonder if I setup a day in the Boston area to just be available to take pictures of folks in their costumes if people would come. It would be a heck of a lot of fun.

Never be embarrassed if you don't know what game or show someone is cosplaying from. If you like their costume then tell them and ask what it is. Not everyone knows every game and series. Also, you may be introduced to something new that you may end up really enjoying.

Yeah, I'm starting to see that just from the reactions I've been getting from people. Everyone has been great. I really wish I knew all this stuff BEFORE I hit the expo. :)
    I bet Boston area cosplayers would love that idea. I know I would, I think your pictures are fantastic.

Thanks VERY much!

manaheim on
    Chris Russo
    Gamer... photographer... lead monkey coordinator.
    Me: http://www.impeng.com
    G+: http://tinyurl.com/6vss2ah
    FB: http://tinyurl.com/8yek348
  • Options
    Raptor2142Raptor2142 Orlando FlRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I miss PAX East already, it feels like it was all a dream. I'm glad I got pictures and video to prove otherwise though.
    4473077381_2830b034b6.jpg
    --
    4473854012_7ac9e9791e.jpg
    --Roosterteeth Panel
    4473076089_6853b97b9f.jpg
    --Found Sessler
    4473850732_4a8e882499.jpg
    --
    4473071795_cccf1bd4f8.jpg
    --
    4473067409_bc6ed64256.jpg
    --
    4473843876_87ea5f62a1.jpg
    --Who ya gonna call?
    4473843288_62e25c9f4d.jpg

All of the photos are in my facebook photo album: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2059287&id=1161652010&l=b0e8ca177e
    I also took quite a few videos between my digital camera and my iphone which are conviently located on my youtube page:http://www.youtube.com/user/Raptor2157?feature=mhw4

Raptor2142 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yup! Except I only decided to cosplay her because Vanille and I happen to have the same hair color. She's from Final Fantasy XIII (which I haven't played yet), and unfortunately I've heard that she's got an annoying voice and character. Ah well, hopefully I wasn't!

My friend was from the Silent Hill series, as Pyramid Head. I totally recommend the series (specifically the second one) because it's an amazing game! Sakura was Street Fighter and the welder splicer was Jacob Norris from BioShock 2 Multiplayer. :)

And if you managed to set up a cosplay photo shoot around PAX time next year, I'm sure a ton of people would show up, including me and my friends again. There were plenty of awesome cosplays this year, and as PAX East continues and gets better, I'm sure only more cosplayers will come!
    My friend got a snap of you ... and Pyramid Head ... :)
    25334_381610609379_503584379_3520349_3963422_n.jpg

crimsong19 on
  • Options
    SlayerPathSlayerPath Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    capnjack wrote: »
    img0089h.jpg

Yeah, that was funny for about 5 minutes. When they started playing idiotic sound clips over and over AND OVER again, it became incredibly annoying.

Wheaton's law!!!!
    That was G-Man, you know. And he in the Metapod cosplay the next day.
    BTW anyone got pictures of a Nick with a frying pan but no medkit? Cause I'm looking for pics of me.

SlayerPath on
  • Options
    LoweryiLoweryi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    crimsong19 wrote: »

Oh, that's so awesome! Thanks!

And another great thank you goes out to all the other cool people who said they'd post pics and/or complimented our cosplays. It's very much appreciated! :)

Loweryi on
  • Options
    dwotdwot Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    25559_424734087924_676227924_5302179_6051103_n.jpg

Here's one of Pyramid Head and myself (as the Tenth Doctor). I've got a few more pics I'll round up, we'll see how long my tethered iPhone holds out on the fun drive back to Rochester. I've also got some concert vids to post once I've got a more robust connection.

dwot on
    "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly.... timey-wimey.... stuff."
  • Options
    =Platinum==Platinum= Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Soyduck wrote: »
    Wow, thanks for sharing these awesome pictures! My friend got a great pic of him with Bayonetta. She was rocking that!
    Yes, I have to admit Soyduck that your husband did a supreme job for me! I am glad I got it! To the girl that dressed up as Bayonetta, you really did make my PAX 2010 since I am such a huge fan of this game. It was my first time going to PAX and a lot of my dreams came true. =)

dscf1491.jpg

Also a picture with Bayonetta and myself!

dscf1492q.jpg

I have an even better picture of Sessler. I made him wave after he was done scratching his eye!

dscf1501.jpg

=Platinum= on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My facebook album is now complete. 160 pictures documenting my first timer POV of PAX. I hit all the major panels I want at the cost of missing some other stuff I would like to have checked out (Kurtz's evening panel for example sounds like it was awesome).

I have videos to upload still, but that will have to wait until after I get home from work.

Goose! on
  • Options
    krztovkrztov Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    hopefully by tonight I'll upload some pics and post here, my wife and I have almost 10gb of photo and video to edit/upload :)

krztov on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I like how I don't photograph well even remotley (neither does Adam Sessler apparently). I look out of place as all hell in our TF2 team shot.

But it was still a blast

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    SlayerPath wrote: »
    capnjack wrote: »
    img0089h.jpg

Wheaton's law!!!!
    That was G-Man, you know. And he in the Metapod cosplay the next day.
    BTW anyone got pictures of a Nick with a frying pan but no medkit? Cause I'm looking for pics of me.

I think that my friend got a picture or two. I'll check and get back to you with a link.

crimsong19 on
  • Options
    [egd] Succubus[egd] Succubus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    =Platinum= wrote: »
    Soyduck wrote: »
    Yes, I have to admit Soyduck that your husband did a supreme job for me! I am glad I got it! To the girl that dressed up as Bayonetta, you really did make my PAX 2010 since I am such a huge fan of this game. It was my first time going to PAX and a lot of my dreams came true. =)

dscf1491.jpg

Also a picture with me and Bayonetta!

dscf1492q.jpg

Hey, that Bayonetta was my best friend Sarah, I was the scout with her. I'll point her in the direction of this thread, I'm sure she will really appreciate your comments! We worked really hard on her costume together and I'm so glad so many people appreciated it, since she thought her costume was going to come out really badly. But it ended up rocking!

[egd] Succubus on
  • Options
    theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is there anyway to view facebook albums without having a facebook account?

theantipop on
  • Options
    sadfacemansadfaceman Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Here is my new Flickr account with my pictures from PAX. Most are from the Coulton Concert - I was front stage center with the red shirt on (not an enforcer) so I'm pretty happy with how some of them came out

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sadfaceman/

and my favorite picture of PAX
    4474179480_35a932c06c_b.jpg

sadfaceman on
  • Options
    Fat_IdiotFat_Idiot __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    WTB Pokecrawl collage :<

Fat_Idiot on
    wat
  • Options
    LoweryiLoweryi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    dwot wrote: »
    25559_424734087924_676227924_5302179_6051103_n.jpg

Here's one of Pyramid Head and myself (as the Tenth Doctor). I've got a few more pics I'll round up, we'll see how long my tethered iPhone holds out on the fun drive back to Rochester. I've also got some concert vids to post once I've got a more robust connection.

Man Pyramid Head is gonna be so psyched to see this! That is an awesome picture. :) As the resident "person with a camera" in my group I took pics of cosplayers and completely missed out on the chance to give them a high-five. Which is quite a shame because I walked past you in that Red Dead line multiple times and I kept forgetting to tell you just how awesome it is to see the Doctor at PAX.

Loweryi on
  • Options
    WolfieeWolfiee Web/Graphic Designer and Illustrator MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Awesome pictures!

If anyone has some of me as Kratos, send them my way! I would love to see them.

The Crackdown 2 Developers Tweeted me on Saturday night and he emailed me the picture. This was what I was in, hahaha

IMG_0904.jpg
    fmu.jpg

Not a full out cosplay, but it was kind of a joking/silly thing.

Wolfiee on
    0CsmwYt.jpg
    Badges [ ] Hotel [ ] Complete Pixelist.net [x] Excitement [x]
  • Options
    AxonAxon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey, that Bayonetta was my best friend Sarah, I was the scout with her. I'll point her in the direction of this thread, I'm sure she will really appreciate your comments! We worked really hard on her costume together and I'm so glad so many people appreciated it, since she thought her costume was going to come out really badly. But it ended up rocking!

I normally don't gush over female cosplayers, but she was amazing. I was convinced she was a professional model until I noticed that she was just roaming around the show. I know I overheard a lot of guys going "dayyyyyymnnnn!" Bayonetta, breaking hearts.

Axon on
  • Options
    [egd] Succubus[egd] Succubus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Axon wrote: »

I normally don't gush over female cosplayers, but she was amazing. I was convinced she was a professional model until I noticed that she was just roaming around the show. I know I overheard a lot of guys going "dayyyyyymnnnn!" Bayonetta, breaking hearts.

Haha yes, Sarah is a gorgeous girl :] It was hilarious trying to walk around the con with her, we'd get maybe ten feet before we'd stop for a picture, which would invariably turn into 20 minutes of picture-taking before we could walk another to feet, only to be stopped again. She didn't mind at all though, she was so flattered and happy that everyone liked her costume as much as they did.

She's putting some finishing touches on it this week and taking it to Anime Boston this weekend, so if you missed her at PAX, you can see her at AB looking even more amazing!

[egd] Succubus on
  • Options
    TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    sadfaceman wrote: »
    Here is my new Flickr account with my pictures from PAX. Most are from the Coulton Concert - I was front stage center with the red shirt on (not an enforcer) so I'm pretty happy with how some of them came out

Joco Image

Haha, I was next to the "utilikilt wearing <silly goose>" as christened by Paul and Storm. Can't see me in the photo though (I'm short). My roommate is the skinny guy in the white shirt in front of him. The guy was a really cool dude overall, just a little on the loud side. He was an enforcer at this and past PAXes, told some cool stories. But still, utilikilt.

TheScruple on
    All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
  • Options
    SlayerPathSlayerPath Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Axon wrote: »

Haha yes, Sarah is a gorgeous girl :] It was hilarious trying to walk around the con with her, we'd get maybe ten feet before we'd stop for a picture, which would invariably turn into 20 minutes of picture-taking before we could walk another to feet, only to be stopped again. She didn't mind at all though, she was so flattered and happy that everyone liked her costume as much as they did.

She's putting some finishing touches on it this week and taking it to Anime Boston this weekend, so if you missed her at PAX, you can see her at AB looking even more amazing!
    It might increase the attendance count if the information spreads out fast enough lol.

SlayerPath on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    TheScruple wrote: »

Joco Image

Haha, I was next to the "utilikilt wearing <silly goose>" as christened by Paul and Storm. Can't see me in the photo though (I'm short). My roommate is the skinny guy in the white shirt in front of him. The guy was a really cool dude overall, just a little on the loud side. He was an enforcer at this and past PAXes, told some cool stories. But still, utilikilt.
    "Now, from all the people wearing kilts!" :lol:

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
    I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    crimsong19 wrote: »

Oh, that's so awesome! Thanks!

And another great thank you goes out to all the other cool people who said they'd post pics and/or complimented our cosplays. It's very much appreciated! :)

pyramid head costume was awesome! i saw your group walking around the halls a bunch. didn't snap any photos though :/ really well done costumes, you look super cute as vanille, if you don't mind me saying </blush>

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
  • Options
    sadfacemansadfaceman Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    TheScruple wrote: »

Joco Image

Yeah, talking to Mr. Utilikilt between sets, he did seem pretty chill. In fact, all of the enforcers that I ever talked to were always great people. They really make PAX such a better experience compared to a barrage of overworked and dispassionate people

sadfaceman on
  • Options
    klzklz Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Haven't sorted most pics yet, but assuming boardgamegeek allows the linking, playing Zombie Dice with Wil Wheaton made my con! Not seen: Enforcer Mojo kicking all of our asses in it!
    pic698559_md.jpg

klz on
This discussion has been closed.