As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat]ical illusion

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Demurist wrote: »
    I like the word "I'ven't."

I'ven't ever heard a word like it before.

Stop stealing my words.

Winky on
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well, bodybuilders aren't really necessarily going for pure strength but their sheer mass is going to make them difficult to fight for any normal person.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • DemuristDemurist Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My Aunt Eileen is a body builder.

It came out of nowhere...

Demurist on
    sig.jpg
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    bitch bitch bitch a 9th level fighter with 45 hit points

Okay, quitting this movie early. This is retarded as hell.

Silas Brown on
  • NotchNotch PottsfieldRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Demurist has the voice of an angel.

x]

Notch on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    bitch bitch bitch a 9th level fighter with 45 hit points

Okay, quitting this movie early. This is retarded as hell.

Have you read today's comic? I think you would like it.

Demurist on
    sig.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    I love making stock. Mmmmn. My apartment smells like love.

I theoretically love cooking, but most of the time I'm too lazy to go and assemble the components to make anything interesting.

Most of the time I just throw some chicken into a pan and go crazy with the spices and call it a day. And make some rice (because it takes so little effort)

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Notch wrote: »
    Can I come over. I would love a home cooked meal. <3

I roasted a chicken, boiled some potatoes, nice simple cabbage salad, butter and onion for drizzling and dipping. It was pretty good. Now the chicken is giving up the last of it's goodness for some stock, the base of which is the remaining turkey stock I had left over along with water.

White or Brown stock?

Chicken. :)

Passerbye on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    LHC Live Webcast. Very few explosions, but if they make any blackholes, or create some true vacuum, this is how you can see it happen right before your entire existence is obliterated.

electricitylikesme on
    edited March 2010
    Demurist has the voice of an angel.

x]

3 angels actually. I can self-harmonize.

Demurist on
    sig.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Can I come over. I would love a home cooked meal. <3

I roasted a chicken, boiled some potatoes, nice simple cabbage salad, butter and onion for drizzling and dipping. It was pretty good. Now the chicken is giving up the last of it's goodness for some stock, the base of which is the remaining turkey stock I had left over along with water.

White or Brown stock?

Chicken. :)

One day I will have a constant supply of stock, both white and brown, in my freezer.

One day...

Demurist on
    sig.jpg
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I just ate too many cupcakes.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited March 2010
    Monopolizing 91!

Demurist on
    sig.jpg
  • stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Maybe I cook the wrong things, but I don’t put much stock in stock.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    stilist wrote: »
    http://lhc-webcast.web.cern.ch/lhc-webcast/cerninfos.swf

dumb interface, but click on one of the LHC dot to watch its power ramp

Woah, this is really cool.

Sarksus on
    edited March 2010
    Damn Pirates!

Demurist on
    sig.jpg
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

I theoretically love cooking, but most of the time I'm too lazy to go and assemble the components to make anything interesting.

Most of the time I just throw some chicken into a pan and go crazy with the spices and call it a day. And make some rice (because it takes so little effort)

That's basically what I did. Roast chicken's 15 minutes of prep and an hour and a half of cooking so it's pretty simple. Oil, S+P, with dried orange peel to stuff the cavity. Boiled small Yukons whole, only takes 20 minutes. Most of it you just leave alone.

Passerbye on
    edited March 2010
    stilist wrote: »
    Maybe I cook the wrong things, but I don’t put much stock in stock.
    :]

Notch on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010

I freakin love the smell of cooking onions. I love browning some ground chuck, and then sauteing the onions in the leftover grease. Smells heavenly.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2010

You can't have too much of a good thing.

Notch on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

I want cupcakes!

I also want to play Left 4 Dead 2.

Rear Admiral Choco on
    edited March 2010

I want cupcakes!

I also want to play Left 4 Dead 2.

I want things as well.

Sleep for example. I might just go and do that.

Notch on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    One day I will have a constant supply of stock, both white and brown, in my freezer.

One day...

It depends on how your time management is, and how much space you have. I've got a tiny kitchen (literally the size of a closet), but it's all my own so that helps. If you're living in a dorm situation it can be hard.

Passerbye on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh damn, cryogenics did something bad again.

electricitylikesme on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    good morning [chat].

BobCesca on
    edited March 2010

That's basically what I did. Roast chicken's 15 minutes of prep and an hour and a half of cooking so it's pretty simple. Oil, S+P, with dried orange peel to stuff the cavity. Boiled small Yukons whole, only takes 20 minutes. Most of it you just leave alone.

Parboiling the potatoes then tossing them into the pan with the chicken for the last 15 minutes or so, then tossing them in olive oil and salt and pepper would be awesome. Maybe some fresh thyme left whole in the pan...Notch, I'm hungry...

Demurist on
    sig.jpg
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Holy shit, I went full on crazy here in [chat] earlier. Jesus Christ, I need a monitor to keep me away from the forums when I get too low!

Silas Brown on
    edited March 2010
    Holy shit, I went full on crazy here in [chat] earlier. Jesus Christ, I need a monitor to keep me away from the forums when I get too low!

No worries mate. These things happen.

Demurist on
    sig.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Cupcakes are dumb, they're not big like a regular cake!

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Wooo nearly time to head of to a pub to watch Adelaide v Hiroshima.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

edited March 2010
    I freakin love the smell of cooking onions. I love browning some ground chuck, and then sauteing the onions in the leftover grease. Smells heavenly.

I think Dyr and I go through about a pound of onions a month between the two of us, and two cloves of garlic a week (sometimes just one, depending on what I'm making). Thankfully onions are cheap. :)

Passerbye on
    edited March 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    good morning [chat].

Good night [Chat]. :]

Notch on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Parboiling the potatoes then tossing them into the pan with the chicken for the last 15 minutes or so, then tossing them in olive oil and salt and pepper would be awesome. Maybe some fresh thyme left whole in the pan...Notch, I'm hungry...

Yah, normally I just pop 'em in on a bed of onions snuggled up around the chicken for the last 30 minutes or so of roasting, but my hubby's Russian side has been making itself known lately so I figured I'd cook 'em the traditional way, just heavily salted water (makes this lovely crust on the outside, sooooo good) until they're a little under fork tender.

Also, your lady is quite beautiful and I am envious of you. :P

How's it hanging, Gingercakes?

Passerbye on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    choco you should play l4d2 with me sometime! if you want to! I am looking for more people to play with.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited March 2010

I think Dyr and I go through about a pound of onions a month between the two of us, and two cloves of garlic a week (sometimes just one, depending on what I'm making). Thankfully onions are cheap. :)

I've never quite gotten used to mincing up garlic. I think I need better knives (and more practice).

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Apparently $15 is a lot to pay for the MW2 maps. I didn't really bat an eye at the price.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
    edited March 2010

I've never quite gotten used to mincing up garlic. I think I need better knives (and more practice).

Sorry, not cloves of garlic, heads. Sorry.

Yah, garlic just takes a little practice. Do you have a honer?

Passerbye on
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »
    choco you should play l4d2 with me sometime! if you want to! I am looking for more people to play with.

Let's do it.

You and I.

Right now.

Rear Admiral Choco on
    edited March 2010

Yah, normally I just pop 'em in on a bed of onions snuggled up around the chicken for the last 30 minutes or so of roasting, but my hubby's Russian side has been making itself known lately so I figured I'd cook 'em the traditional way, just heavily salted water (makes this lovely crust on the outside, sooooo good) until they're a little under fork tender.

Also, your lady is quite beautiful and I am envious of you. :P

Why thank you! But if she is off to bed then so am I...

P.S. I love your taste in sig and avatar. I'm quite jealous :P

Demurist on
    sig.jpg
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    And now I share with you crazy Facebook wall posts from someone that somehow made it on my friend's list:
    Crazy Dude: Far be it from me to be cynical, but this whole bit about the survivalist idiots getting busted up in Michigan seems a little too convenient, timing-wise. Word on the web is that the Feds were in with these guys about a year and a half ago, so either the notion that this was some huge imminent danger that came up out of the blue is bullshit or the Feds are doing a shit job, take your pick.

Other Dude: Why would the feds be involved?

Crazy Dude: Those little Michigan militias are like the neo-Nazis, you get more than 15 members together and somebody's on the FBI payroll. Been that way since the '90s. Awfully convenient for a right-wing Christian radical group to get busted at this point in time. Sends a message to the non-mainstream right (read: some parts of the Tea Parties) that hasn't quite wandered into crazy territory but is getting more anti-government by the day: "See how the common people hate the radicals from your cause? Be mainstream, don't rock the boat." That and you get to menace the public with the hobgoblin of right-wing militia idiots doing more than playing Rambo in the woods, and any time you can scare the masses that's good for government. You might call me moderately cynical.

Nocturne on
This discussion has been closed.