As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat]ical illusion

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    Miami Vice is such a good fucking movie. It's beautifully shot and sexy as all hell. I need to watch it more often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ead6vawuzjg

(and now that I know what the trailer song is, I appreciate the humor in using a Jay-Z/Linkin Park mashup)

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Budget an entertainment expense. Like, this is how much I am going to spend on entertainment. Also if you have extra money left over after savings and retirement, maybe a vacation fund? I need to start one and it would be nice to have a decent amount of cash available when it comes to vacation time.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Remember you need entertainment. Its not an optional sort of thing - considering it as such will just lead to you blowing your budget to hell.

electricitylikesme on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ok, off to Uni for me.

James - contents insurance?

BobCesca on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My cat sat on my desk all day yesterday with an enormous bushy puffed up tail and back. It was hilarious.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Pony on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Right, home insurance would be good.

I do have CPP and an RRSP for retirement savings, though I suppose it doesn't hurt to save more.

A vacation fund would be a good thing to factor in, even if it's just a little bit every month. It does build up rather quickly.

And okay, I'll add entertainment. That would be good to have, if only to add a cap.

James on
    edited March 2010
    Pony I think your title, Full of love, is a lie

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My cat sat on my desk all day yesterday with an enormous bushy puffed up tail and back. It was hilarious.

You know what that means.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

You know what that means.

Ghoooooooooooooosts.

edited March 2010
    I am pretty sure I want to go right back to bed.

Don't work til 9.

should go back to bed. . .

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm watching the LHC webcast like it's the damn moonlanding. I'm struck that there aren't any grotesquely fat people.

You don't get fat scientists. Well, not physicists anyhow. I can think of one in my department and she's astro, so she's not really a physicist.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Pony wrote: »

Oh man. I really hope my computer'll run it. It looks so good.

Rear Admiral Choco on
    edited March 2010
    I need to find some 'epic' sounding music. The sort of stuff used in the Problem Sleuth tributes on YouTube. I love epic music that sounds like something you'd put over a fantasy movie trailer.

edited March 2010
    LHC is at 3.5 TeV (max power). They're getting ready for collisions.

electricitylikesme on
    edited March 2010
    http://thecurvature.com/2010/03/29/convicted-rapist-hopes-his-victims-will-learn-to-lock-their-doors/

There's been a lot of rapes on my campus lately, and doing some digging made me learn that this isn't a new thing.

Jesus fuck what a scumbag.

edited March 2010
    http://thecurvature.com/2010/03/29/convicted-rapist-hopes-his-victims-will-learn-to-lock-their-doors/

There's been a lot of rapes on my campus lately, and doing some digging made me learn that this isn't a new thing.

Uggh. It always surprised me when walking through the dorms at night how many people just left their doors dead bolted or whatever. But damn it people suck.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2010

you have no idea how much love i contain

Pony on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I need to find some 'epic' sounding music. The sort of stuff used in the Problem Sleuth tributes on YouTube. I love epic music that sounds like something you'd put over a fantasy movie trailer.
    Listen to Viking Metal.

Aldo on
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Basically I would not feel bad if say someone like that individual were to be gutted and left to bleed out slowly for their crimes

But

I guess that's pretty horrible.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Reading that made me nauseous.

I hope he gets raped every day in prison, and then shanked to death before he's released. I mean that seriously.

Nocturne on
    edited March 2010

that looks pretty neat

James on
    edited March 2010

you have no idea how much love i contain

Is there any room between the bile?

(I kid, I kid. You are a good person)

edited March 2010

cass look for stuff by Groove Addicts and Two Steps From Hell

they basically make trailer music

that's their entire thing

for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISzK6e237II

Pony on
    edited March 2010

There's still time for a baguette. . .

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2010

oh no

James on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The LHC catering is supposed to be phenomenal.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited March 2010
    Aldo wrote: »
    Listen to Viking Metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx4PTEMI4Pc

edited March 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »

I hope he gets raped every day in prison, and then shanked to death before he's released. I mean that seriously.

indeed

James on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Does that Gordon Freeman lookalike have his Crowbar ready?

RMS Oceanic on
    edited March 2010
    Aww yeah, thanks Pony and Aldo. Perfect.

edited March 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

I can't tell if this is a clever joke or not.

electricitylikesme on
    edited March 2010

Then my work here is finished.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited March 2010
    James wrote: »

indeed

man, dudes, i don't

but then i don't really believe in vengeance and have no taste for it beyond the like "i keyed his car" petty level

Pony on
    edited March 2010
    I hope that he realizes the depth and gravity of what he's done and has to live with it every day for the rest of his life while trying to make amends the best he can.

edited March 2010

Then my work here is finished.

I paid for the hour.

electricitylikesme on
    edited March 2010
    I hope that he realizes the depth and gravity of what he's done and has to live with it every day for the rest of his life while trying to make amends the best he can.

there you go

Pony on
    edited March 2010
    man, dudes, i don't

but then i don't really believe in vengeance and have no taste for it beyond the like "i keyed his car" petty level

Yeah, I'm normally not a vengeful person, and like to focus on rehabilitating the person if possible, or removing them from society if not.

Usually.

With serial rapists who justify their actions, though? I want them raped and killed.

It's something that gets me on a gut level and I don't care if it's vengeance.

Nocturne on
    edited March 2010
    James wrote: »

indeed

man, dudes, i don't

Yeah. I'm generally just happy with criminals being put somewhere where they can't commit more crimes.

electricitylikesme on
    edited March 2010
    There may be things in my past that make me a bit biased with that as well.

Nocturne on
This discussion has been closed.