As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Happies, Hates, Hopes and Preparation H

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh, well if they're that high then go for it.

On Windrunner you'll see dusts that high but they never ever ever sell.

You'll get 1-2g each max. Usually I see stacks for 30-35g.

Depending on what you're farming you can decide from there. If you're doing instances closer to 60, ramps and crypts, just sell them. If you're doing the ones closer to 70 where you're bound to get ~5 a DE, go ahead and DE them.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    For a DPS class (in my case balance druid) would it be better to use PvP gear for the extra stam, or just work on burning mobs down as fast as possible?

jackal on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'd say the latter. Most the the non-heroic mobs even close to 70 only have at most 25k hp, which is roughly double the HP of a normal mob at 80.

Which is nothing for even a moderately geared DPS.

EDIT: Bosses have more however; but I'd run normals ret and heroics prot. Even as ret when I was in mostly T9 and heroic gear I had virtually zero issues with bosses.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bosses have more however; but I'd run normals ret and heroics prot. Even as ret when I was in mostly T9 and heroic gear I had virtually zero issues with bosses.

Yeah, I'm a clothie and I had no trouble with bosses (shadow priest 8-) ) but yeah non-heroic bosses don't hit very hard, especially in plate equivalent armor.

Aeyther on
  • jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Aeyther wrote: »
    Bosses have more however; but I'd run normals ret and heroics prot. Even as ret when I was in mostly T9 and heroic gear I had virtually zero issues with bosses.

Yeah, I'm a clothie and I had no trouble with bosses (shadow priest 8-) ) but yeah non-heroic bosses don't hit very hard, especially in plate equivalent armor.

I killed Syth for shits and giggles this weekend and his adds got me pretty low before he died. Although it's my fault for forgetting to use barkskin.

jackal on
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Saw a live Time-Lost Proto Drake last night.

Hate: Spacegoat paladin tagged it first.

Hope: I might *someday* see a live one again.

Bonus Hate: Still no Polar Bear or Green Proto...

Doctor Detroit on
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I consider the time lost a myth, though I see enough people camped out int he apperant "spawn" points.

Speaking of rare spawns, is it true there is an Add-on that "alerts" you when a rare spawn is up in a zone your in?

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Neyla wrote: »

I consider the time lost a myth, though I see enough people camped out int he apperant "spawn" points.

Speaking of rare spawns, is it true there is an Add-on that "alerts" you when a rare spawn is up in a zone your in?
    There's NPC scan and NPC overlay. (I think that's what they're called)

Anyways, NPC scan will alert you when you're within 100yrds of a rare spawn in Outland or Northrend. It'll also tell you which spawn it is.

NPC overlay will show you the patrol paths/spawn areas of rare spawns on the map and mini-map.

However, once one is located, dead or alive, it'll clear them from the list of things to look for. So, if you found the corpse of the TLPD, for example, it wont check for him anymore. In the case of tameable mobs, you might find one in Dalaran. And you'll have to clear your cache in order to reset it. It'll also check your achievements so it doesn't waste time looking for one you don't need.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Neyla wrote: »

this one

What it does is alert you when the rare spawn enters your cache. There are two problems though:

1. Ones that can be hunter pets (and you encounter as a hunter pet) triggers the alert
    2. Once you come across the corpse, or see somebody else fighting it, or come across it as a pet, you need to clear your cache for it to appear again.

edit: beat'd by a lot.

Nobody on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The good thing about it using your cache though, is that since it isn't going by what's actually targetable, it'll alert you to underground mobs like the rare crust burster in Hellfire.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Awesome thanks! I will have to look into this. I am missing the rarespawn achievement on my main and a few times I would see one on an alt "try" to switch over to only be foiled.

It be fantastic to have something whilst out herbing or what not!

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Silver Dragon also does this. And I don't think you have to clear your cache on it. At least not if you don't care about it detecting cache hits. I think it'll still tell you if you fly by it.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2010
    Oh yeah, I have NPC Scan and the Overlay both installed.

Whenever I'm in Storm Peaks for my daily attempt at snowballs, water, or cheese I try and follow the path for time-lost for a bit.

The alert actually went off right over Brunnhildar Village...and of course I had just switched from feral to resto because I was firing up the Dungeon Finder...

Doctor Detroit on
    edited March 2010

Whenever I'm in Storm Peaks for my daily attempt at snowballs, water, or cheese I try and follow the path for time-lost for a bit.

The alert actually went off right over Brunnhildar Village...and of course I had just switched from feral to resto because I was firing up the Dungeon Finder...

So it only took you 2 min to kill it instead of 1?

Aeyther on
    edited March 2010

You missed my first post, where I said it got tagged by a spacegoat first. :cry:

Doctor Detroit on
    edited March 2010

You missed my first post, where I said it got tagged by a spacegoat first. :cry:

Oh, ok I see it. Well if it makes you feel any better I've never seen it.

Never seen a battered hilt either....
    Or a blue proto drake....

Aeyther on
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I ran all 3 of the ICC dungeons the day they were released (before they nerfed the drop rate), and we cleared a lot of the extra trash in the Forge and the Pit. Didn't see one single stinking Hilt. And I still haven't. So there's another Hate.

So I guess my claim to fame on rare stuff is seeing both mounts drop from Direbrew at the same time (I won the kodo :)) and getting a glimpse of a live time-lost proto drake. Oh, and my DK got the blue drake from the Oculus.

Doctor Detroit on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I haven't seen a hilt yet, either.

edit: oh yeah..

Hate: Second time a fucking shaman out rolled me on the shield from reg-HoR. :x

815165 on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What the hell use could a Shaman of any stripe have for that goddamned shield?

Aside from having a sure-fire way of pissing off every Warrior and Paladin he comes across, I guess.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
    edited March 2010
    korodullin wrote: »

Aside from having a sure-fire way of pissing off every Warrior and Paladin he comes across, I guess.
    The worst thing is I offered to buy it off him for 1000g because I've been running this place for ages just for that shield but he didn't respond. :(

815165 on
    edited March 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    Hate: Second time a fucking shaman out rolled me on the shield from reg-HoR. :x

Silly Geese are silly

Only two /facepalms could resolve this situation
    DoubleFacepalmRickerPicard.jpg

Aeyther on
  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Lich King 25 down, first week of attempts. Every previous week has been clearing to him on Weds night, then no one logs on Sunday nights.

Bikkstah on
    edited March 2010
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    Happy: Lich King 25 down, first week of attempts. Every previous week has been clearing to him on Weds night, then no one logs on Sunday nights.

:^:

Aeyther on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hope: This raiding guild that expressed interest in my 78 Priest turns out to be good. They've got a 10-man crew right now and are looking to expand into doing 25-man stuff.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I wonder sometimes if it would be better to just try to form 25man raids with a few puggers than try to field 2 seperate 10mans.

Tyberius on
  • MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    korodullin wrote: »

The worst thing is I offered to buy it off him for 1000g because I've been running this place for ages just for that shield but he didn't respond. :(
    Just remember they have to be on your server to trade gold. Unless that's been changed.

Much to my dismay I seem to forget that all of the time, so I assume other people do, too.

Monsty on
    edited March 2010
    That may have been why he didn't reply, he may have realised he was dealing with an idiot.

815165 on
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: Doing a 3v3 in the Dalaran Arena. Somehow a druid stayed up in the pipe, and after we killed his two teammates is trying to get us to afk. I even told him about the 16 point loss after 45 minutes, but he doesn't seem to care. I guess some people get off on being annoying?

Smasher on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: The only librams showing up on the AH are Libram of Rapidity, which needs Blood of Heroes which is a pain in the ass to farm. I want Libram of Protection which only needs 2 shards and Abom stitchings which is the easiest mat to farm.

Opty on
  • ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    libram of protection also requires pristine black diamond which is a couple hundred gold

edit: nevermind, they all do

I'd say the one that requires skin of shadow is just as easy as you can get one guaranteed, maybe 2 in about 5 minutes from Scholomance

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The skin of shadow have a smaller droprate than the abom stitching and aren't guaranteed to drop like how an abom stitching is from Ramstein. Even though killing the bosses to get to the aboms is longer than stealthing to the mobs in Scholo for the skins, I get a chance at the Baron's mount each attempt and I get more money from loot so there's much better reward in the end. Also the Libram that uses the skins needs 4 shards instead of 2 so that's another thing against it.

I already have 80 PBDs and 180 shards in prep (I'll get the rest of the diamonds and hopefully enough shards to counteract any Focus I need to use from farming DM north once I hit revered with all the goblins via pirate farming), I just need more librams than the 10 I have (the DM farming won't net me 73 more I'm pretty sure) and only getting Rapidity is dumb because then I need to comb the countryside with a mod telling me where to look and hope no one else is farming them or lowbies are accidentally triggering them so I can possibly get 4-6 after combing through both plaguelands.

Opty on
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: Only raiding 2 nights a week for the next 3 weeks.

Happy: Only raiding 2 nights a week for the next 3 weeks.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Silly: We downed our first attempt real attempt at blood princes after 6 tries, with 8 people.

Edit: and almost got BQL after 4 or 5 tries but just didn't have the dps to push it the last 4% (everyone was just too tired last night at midnight anyways).

She is definitely a lot easier than that rock giant.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've been telling my guild BQL is not a difficult encounter at all, but they're terrified of fighting her or something. It's annoying.

Cilla Black on
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: Getting a little burned out with raiding. In both my 10 and 25 mans we are locking out Raid ids in hopes of killing bosses that I don't think we quite have the gear for.

Happy: Since I'm not getting badges or upgrades anyway I don't feel the need to log on every day to run dailies on all my guys. It is leaving me time to clear my backlog of games. Yay Fallout 3, finally.

Hope: People will come to their senses and see that we don't have the DPS to push BQL 25 the remaining 25% at enrage. Also people need to stop doing stupid shit on that fight. Examples, running away when they have the link, or standing in fucking fire.

RedDawn on
    edited March 2010
    I think they really just threw the link in to fuck with people. Pretty much everyone ran away the first time they saw it. So you've got the one person who knew to run together chasing the other person making a b-line for the wall.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Arkan wrote: »
    libram of protection also requires pristine black diamond which is a couple hundred gold

edit: nevermind, they all do

I'd say the one that requires skin of shadow is just as easy as you can get one guaranteed, maybe 2 in about 5 minutes from Scholomance

Yeah but you can solo an old instance or two and get several of them at least.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
    edited March 2010
    I couldn't get rid of my skin of shadows or pbd's fast enough back in the day.

bowen on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Opty wrote: »
    The skin of shadow have a smaller droprate than the abom stitching and aren't guaranteed to drop like how an abom stitching is from Ramstein. Even though killing the bosses to get to the aboms is longer than stealthing to the mobs in Scholo for the skins, I get a chance at the Baron's mount each attempt and I get more money from loot so there's much better reward in the end. Also the Libram that uses the skins needs 4 shards instead of 2 so that's another thing against it.

I already have 80 PBDs and 180 shards in prep (I'll get the rest of the diamonds and hopefully enough shards to counteract any Focus I need to use from farming DM north once I hit revered with all the goblins via pirate farming), I just need more librams than the 10 I have (the DM farming won't net me 73 more I'm pretty sure) and only getting Rapidity is dumb because then I need to comb the countryside with a mod telling me where to look and hope no one else is farming them or lowbies are accidentally triggering them so I can possibly get 4-6 after combing through both plaguelands.

Realistically, you'll probably end up turning in a lot of every libram type. I got about 2/3 of my librams from farming with most being protection and focus. The rest were bought off of the AH, most of those being rapidity (because those are the ones noone wants to buy, apparently).

The way I did it, which I rather like: I stockedpiled 3 or 4 of each libram (alt guild bank ftw), and then farmed enough bloods/skins/stitchings to cover those. Then, I farmed Dire Maul or bought librams and turned them in as soon as I acquired them before farming enough bloods/skins/stitchings to cover my small stockpile again. Then when I was almost exalted, I turned in my stockpile too. That way I didn't overfarm any, but I also didn't have to keep running out of Dire Maul to mail librams to my alt. (I also do my Auction House stuff in UC, so I'd log in, check auctions, and then hunt for bloods. That's particularly useful if you play Horde ;-)).

Also, before they added Insane in the Membrane, I had already gotten exalted with the Goblin reps, but I wasn't sure if I needed to be exalted with them again or not (I didn't), so I started out focusing on getting goblin rep more than librams at first. This was stupid of me. Farming Dire Maul with a focus on the shackle key got me almost revered with the goblins with only about 10 librams dropped. Worry more about librams first.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.