As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East Assassins! Updated Feb 22 - [41]

124»

• Options
    MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ok! Scoring issues should now be fixed. Yous should register you assassinataions and secondary kills.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    furtivespyfurtivespy Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    I'm still not able to register my kills and intel, when I go to the page to enter scores, it says to click on "scoring" but there are no schedules listed.

furtivespy on
  • Options
    SkalragSkalrag Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey,
    I'm still waiting to register my points as well.
    I sent a couple emails, but I'm not sure if they've gone through as I haven't gotten a reply and I haven't seen any updates on the leaderboard..

Skalrag on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Kjeldor wrote: »
    one out of our group of three got killed right as we left the concert last night, very stealthy assassin! takes some guts to approach a group of three, but sadly he wasnt a target for any of us.
    Oh, and yeah.. I saw the three of you but I had to give it a shot. I hadn't seen any other possible hits!

Yellow Z FTW!

Skalrag on
  • Options
    KjeldorKjeldor Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    Skalrag wrote: »
    one out of our group of three got killed right as we left the concert last night, very stealthy assassin! takes some guts to approach a group of three, but sadly he wasnt a target for any of us.
    Oh, and yeah.. I saw the three of you but I had to give it a shot. I hadn't seen any other possible hits!

Yellow Z FTW!

i ended up doing the same thing at the saturday night concert, my target was sitting two seats down in the row in front of me. Got up to leave during the last VGO song, so had to ditch out on it to get the kill. He gave me a copy of Zombie Fluxx as a prize too! Awesome dude.

Kjeldor on
  • Options
    MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You should be able to register scores now. It'll stay open until April 5th to give everyone time to register their kills and information.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    SrolSrol Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well I survived, but only because I saw one other person with an armband the whole weekend, and it was while I was playing D&D.

Srol on
  • Options
    RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Never got my kit in the mail and didn't see MarsChelios at the dinner. Was easy to tell who I was cause I have a big tactical badge displaying RDR on it and I went to every table seeking out Team Yellow.

But I didn't see 1 person playing the game. My friend didn't even bother putting his on Sat/Sun cause he was all over on Friday and couldn't find anyone. :/

Rdr on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Rdr wrote: »
    But I didn't see 1 person playing the game. My friend didn't even bother putting his on Sat/Sun cause he was all over on Friday and couldn't find anyone. :/

That's too bad. Our group didn't see anyone else on friday until one of us was killed leaving the concert, but saw a handful on saturday and sunday. I think we ended up gathering intelligence on 9 other players, not including our group of 3.

But really, taking off your armband on sat/sun only compounds the problem. We're talking maybe 50 people out of 20k, so each person that gets discouraged and stops wearing their armband only makes it worse.

Kjeldor on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

That's too bad. Our group didn't see anyone else on friday until one of us was killed leaving the concert, but saw a handful on saturday and sunday. I think we ended up gathering intelligence on 9 other players, not including our group of 3.

But really, taking off your armband on sat/sun only compounds the problem. We're talking maybe 50 people out of 20k, so each person that gets discouraged and stops wearing their armband only makes it worse.

I never got a badge. If I had gotten one then I would've worn it all weekend.

Rdr on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I witnessed SoCo's assassination in the lobby of the Sheraton. It was the funniest thing ever because he JUST put the thing on like an hour prior, maybe less. I even said someone is going to come and assassinate him.

Goose! on
  • Options
    browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Ahh, so I'm assuming it's your group that currently has someone at the top of the leaderboard? I thought my one kill and 7 intel might be enough, but sadly someone else had 1 kill and 11 intel, and if my math is right that was one of you?

But yeah, it was super hard to find people in the huge crowds with so few people playing. Maybe next year we could talk the PAX organizers into putting some info about assassins in with the reg kit so we could reach a larger audience (i.e. beyond just those of us who read the forum...)

rdr - bummer that your kit never came!

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Goose! wrote: »
    I witnessed SoCo's assassination in the lobby of the Sheraton. It was the funniest thing ever because he JUST put the thing on like an hour prior, maybe less. I even said someone is going to come and assassinate him.

I still feel bad about that one Goose XD

Skalrag on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    yeah, the 1 kill and 11 intel is me, and the other two with 11 intel were the other two members of our little assassins guild :)

all in all, i enjoyed the game, even if it was a bit tough to find other players. If phil runs another game at PAX West, I'd definitely participate.

Kjeldor on
  • Options
    Jon007Jon007 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dude, you were the guy with the hat I talked to at the MTG booth! Yellow Z! I sucked at this game, hard.

I had the pink/red checkers.

I didn't know the different colors didn't matter. I totally should have killed you!

That AND I should have died as soon as I put my badge on. Young woman came up and killed me, but I thought lines were safe. She didn't know, and vanished. So, next year I'll be ready.

Jon007 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Jon007 wrote: »
    Dude, you were the guy with the hat I talked to at the MTG booth! Yellow Z! I sucked at this game, hard.

I had the pink/red checkers.

I didn't know the different colors didn't matter. I totally should have killed you!

That AND I should have died as soon as I put my badge on. Young woman came up and killed me, but I thought lines were safe. She didn't know, and vanished. So, next year I'll be ready.

If it makes you feel any better, I ended up killing the guy that got you <3

Skalrag on
  • Options
    furtivespyfurtivespy Registered User new member
    edited March 2010

Yellow Z FTW!

i ended up doing the same thing at the saturday night concert, my target was sitting two seats down in the row in front of me. Got up to leave during the last VGO song, so had to ditch out on it to get the kill. He gave me a copy of Zombie Fluxx as a prize too! Awesome dude.

You were taught well, I left concert thinking I was safe and day was over... :oops:

I can't register my 1 kill, I hope I didn't screw up and kill the wrong person, but it doesn't much matter, as 1 kill is not enough.

It was a ton of fun, and I will definitely be playing again at the next PAX I attend. Also, I think my playing may have convinced a few of my friends to join the action next time.

furtivespy on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    so, i just got back to internet. for the third year in a row, i was killed before i could find my target
    such is luck, i was sort of a sitting duck, stranded out front of naga theater, waiting for anyone to approach and strike!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I didn't see anyone wearing an assassins badge all weekend - except LewieP, of course, but he wasn't my target! I still have a small Scribblenauts Post 217 available if anyone wants it - PM me your address and I'll post it to you.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So.. it's officially over now. Right?

Skalrag on
  • Options
    SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I believe so why you asking?

Singollo on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    IMO, if you see someone walking down the street today who's wearing your target, you should be able to go for it.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Singollo wrote: »
    I believe so why you asking?

Cause I think I won :P

Skalrag on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It ended when PAX ended.

Rdr on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It ended when PAX ended.

I know, I had meant the time to register kills/intel. Thx tho

Skalrag on
  • Options
    SoCo_and_LimeSoCo_and_Lime Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Goose! wrote: »

I still feel bad about that one Goose XD

...uhuh
    :(

SoCo_and_Lime on
    [x] Bolt Bus
    [x] Radisson Hotel Boston
    [x] Pre-Pax Dinner
    [x] BYOC and 3 Day Pass

This discussion has been closed.