As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GAME ON!] Forum Assassins! RANE IS THE CHAMPION!

KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
edited April 2010 in Social Entropy++
How does it work?
Basically I'll get a list of people who want to play. From this list, I will randomly assign everybody a "target" that they must assassinate so that everyone is hunting someone, and also being hunted at the same time by someone else. When someone kills their target, they inherit that person's former target.

For example: Player A has Player B as their target, and Player B has Player C as their target. If Player A kills Player B, their next target will be Player C.

The list will be kept and only viewed by me, so there is no way of knowing who has you or who you will have next! The mystery makes it exciting!
Make sure your Target's post has been dated later than the official start of the game, which will be at Midnight PST, MARCH 31, 2010

MAIN RULES
YOU MUST POST A MINIMUM OF 3 TIMES, IN SE++, IN A STABBABLE THREAD. THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE THIS THREAD, OR ANY STICKIED THREADS ON THIS FORUM. IF YOU DON'T, AND I FIND OUT, YOU'RE OUT.

NO NECRO KILLING (ie finding old threads and killing them).

Also: Kills will only be valid in SE++
Kills will not count in this thread.
The new comic thread is also off limits, as are ALL STICKIED THREADS
Also, CWRTH's THREAD is a safe thread, in that you can't kill him in there. It's not really a safe thread though, since you'll get infracted.
THIS IS A SAFE THREAD

Do not bump threads for the sole purpose of Assassins, we're trying to keep the spam to a minimum, as best we can.

RULES CONCERNING STABBING/COUNTERSTABBING:

Hey that sounds great! But how do I actually kill someone?
In order to kill someone you have to post directly after a post of theirs with the message "STAB!", or "stab!". NO OTHER FORMS OF THE WORD STAB WILL BE ACCEPTED. You forgot the '!'? Tough shit. You capitalized the S? Tough shit. The post has to be directly after their post, WITH THEIR POST QUOTED, mostly so it is clear who exactly you are trying to stab. You may not edit a post to later include a stab. A stab post will not count if it has an edit to it.
You cannot try to hide your "STAB!" in a post either. If you want to kill someone, you can only quote them and post "STAB!" or any other accepted way to kill someone. THESE TWO IMAGES ARE ALLOWED TO BE SUBSTITUTED FOR THE WORDS "STAB!" AND "COUNTERSTAB!" RESPECTIVELY:

stabad0.png
countern.png

If you are at work and can't see these pictures when someone tries to stab you, then you need to get a screenshot of there not being a picture there to me ASAP, so i can reverse the stab. if you feel like this is something you're willing to risk, go ahead and use these images.

Is there a way for an Assassinee to fight back?
Why yes, there is! If someone noticed that they just got stabbed, they can follow up that attack by posting directly after their Assassin with the message "COUNTERSTAB!" or "counterstab!". Same rules apply with counterstabbing as stabbing. Due to some confusion from now on you MUST QUOTE THE POST. A counterstab battle should take place in a quote tree. A counterstab kills the Assassin.

That sounds tricky! What happens if I get counterstabbed?
Then you can fight back as well! As an Assassin you're pretty deft with a knife and have cat-like reflexes. Once an Assassin is counter-stabbed, they can fight back by posting directly after their Target's counter-stab with a counter-stab of their own. This chain of fighting basically leaves your fate in the hands of the post-timer. Whoever gets the last stab in before a post interrupts the battle is the winner. The loser dies. If someone deletes their post so that you are counterstabbed to death when you thought you won, TOUGH COOKIES. You cannot block your own stab, someone else has gotta do it. Collaboration on blocking posts is not against the rules. If you want to set up an alliance with anyone, whether or not they're playing the game, be my guest.

When stabbing or counterstabbing, text must be nonmodified, aside from bold. No spoilers, no colors, no size changes. Period

YOU ARE ON THE HONOR SYSTEM. I WILL NO LONGER ALLOW YOU TO DELETE YOUR POSTS TO ESCAPE YOUR OWN MISGIVINGS AS AN ASSASSIN.

So I killed my Assassin, what happens now?
Well nothing happens for the Target, except now they are being hunted by someone new. Whoever had their Assassin as a Target will now get you (the Assassin-killing Target), and things will progress as normal.

So how will I get my Targets?
After a kill is made, you must PM me (Kusuguttai) letting me know who your target is and that you killed them. Specify whether they were your Assassin or your Target, and for the love of god, link me to the post where they died. I'll go through the posts manually to confirm the kill, and I will reply with your new Target. Please give me a link to the kill post so I don't have to hunt it down.

Just so you know when PMing me: When I changed my name from KusugAttai to KusugUttai, someone thought it would be funny to make an alt with the previous spelling. DO NOT PM THIS ALT, BECAUSE I WON'T GET IT. Double check the recipient of your PM, then triple check it. IF YOU DO NOT PM ME WITHIN 1 HOUR OF STABBING SOMEONE, AND IN THE CORRECT FORMAT, THE STAB DOESN'T COUNT. This is way more than anyone deserves to have, and from now on I will NOT tolerate late or incorrect PMs.

Sorry, no lurkers
I know it sounds harsh, but this is a game for people who post actively and often. Also, if you know you're not going to be able to post an acceptable mount in the coming weeks, please pass. At certain times during the game, I will check idleness. If a person goes (literally) days without posting, I may assume that they're "dead" and treat it as a kill, and take them out of the game.

You can put this image in your avatar to show that you've been KILLED DEAD: skull.gif You can also put it in your sig to denote how many people you've killed.

Regarding Joke Stabs
Joke stabs can be performed by anyone who is either NOT PLAYING or HAS BEEN KILLED already. Anything else is a wrongful stabbing, which will miff me, because you have a PM with who your target is right there in your PM box.
If you counter a joke stab, nothing happens to you because it is a joke stab, but everyone can then proceed to laugh at you.

Every week I will update this post with a list of people who are still in the game, but not who they have as targets.

Kusuguttai on

• Options
    edited March 2010
    RANE WINS! RANEADOS WINS!

AND THE CROWDS GO WILD!

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    yesss am in

Faricazy on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    you need to put in the rule how players must post at least once a day

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    anyone still have the little skull logos we used?

Faricazy on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !signup

I am the stab king

Bucketman on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm gonna stab Pip.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    you need to put in the rule how players must post at least once a day

i was just about to do this thanks pip

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    this is no time for your sexual urges, chico

Faricazy on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !signup

awesome

also, any threads off limits? like the new comics thread or whatever?

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    singup although i am terrible at it

Raneados on
  • Options
    SpudgeSpudge Witty comments go next to this blue dot thingyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !signup

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

I'm too fuckin' poor to play
    WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !signup

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !signup

Ive never done this before because it seemed silly.

Now I am doing it, because it seems silly.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !signup I guess?

Squall on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    !signup

Faricazy on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think I'll wait for the rules to be further fleshed out before committing to anything.
    How do you win?
    Be the last person. Doesn't matter how many people you've killed. You can sit out the entire game, swoop in on the one other person left, and win the game with only the one kill.

That one in particular. The winner usually takes the losers target and moves on. You can't win with only just one kill.

But...we'll see, I guess.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !signup

Swill on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    lostwords wrote: »
    !signup

awesome

also, any threads off limits? like the new comics thread or whatever?

i didn't think about that, but yeah, you probably shouldn't clutter the only on topic thread on this forum with stabs.

edit: oh yeah shit i forgot about that ziplock. i couldn't find any of the old OPs last night so I had to go off what I remembered.

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    please remind everyone that the stickies and OTHER FORUMS and such are also no-go places for shenanigans

god help you if stab in the new comic thread

tube will buttfuck you

Raneados on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2010
    !signup

This can be the second time I've ever played. And the first time I'll lose.

8-)

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Raneados, you are also on my stab list.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Raneados, you are also on my stab list.

stab

Raneados on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !signup

hell yes

Fuga on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !signup

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Do we just stab anyone and everyone or is it like last time with designated double blind targets?

babyeatingjesus on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    see that's how you do it

it's that simple!

i just killed chico with the assist from Fuga

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Do we just stab anyone and everyone or is it like last time with designated double blind targets?

you'll get targets

else it is MADNESS

my only asking is that we have a Posts per day minimum because seriously >:|

Raneados on
  • Options
    Josiah_9Josiah_9 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !signup Sounds like fun

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !Sign up

Games are the second best way of meeting new people

Murder is the first

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Raneados, you know very well that the grave cannot keep me from the sweet warmth of your little patootie.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !signup

This sounds fun and I've yet to do a forum activity like this.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2010
    We should just have a stabbing free-for-all. Everyone get rane.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    !signup

I enjoy violence.

Hunter on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    OH GOD YES YES YES

!signup

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    mods don't have a post timer

:(

Squall on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

designated double blind targets. I'm updating the OP every time I missed something, so keep checking it or PM me if you feel like I missed an important aspect. Like I said, couldn't find an OP from one of the older threads, but that could have been my search-fu being super weak. I tried for like 20 minutes though :(

raneados, i put up a one post per day minimum!

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Raneados wrote: »

you'll get targets

else it is MADNESS

my only asking is that we have a Posts per day minimum because seriously >:|

some day we should just do an assassins that's just pell-mell. The first person to post would set off a chain reaction of a million billion stabs and counterstabs.

babyeatingjesus on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Raneados, you know very well that the grave cannot keep me from the sweet warmth of your little patootie.

"the grave" is what you named the restraining order

Raneados on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Your OP is weak!

Seppuku now!

edit: also, yea..mods don't have post timers. this likely shouldn't go down in the new comic thread, minimum post of one a day? really?

tsk tsk.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    i suggest everyone turn their profiles to invisible mode

Raneados on
This discussion has been closed.