As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Your Worst Breakups

13»

• RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    In high school a girl was dating me and a tiny little Aaron Carter lookalike, and when I said it's either me or him, she couldn't choose. I chose for her.

RocketSauce on
  • SipexSipex Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It saddens me to learn how common of a topic cheating is in here.

Sipex on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    I pride myself on never doing it.

Even though in hindsight it may have lead to better/more interesting things.

Principles. Sometimes they can also screw you.

Sheep on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    syndalis wrote: »
    Alien Fucker.

I can repost if needed... but yeah, my alien fucker story applies here.

Please do.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited March 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    Alien Fucker.

I can repost if needed... but yeah, my alien fucker story applies here.

Please do.
    Already did... but here it is again:
    Okay, so I can't find it in the archive.

I'll type a short and sweet version, as most folks here know this one.

I dated a girl for two years that I met through an improv acting group at NC State Campus. She was really into the new age / reiki / crystal healing / alien / native american mysticism / etc. We had a really solid relationship through that whole time, threw the love word around casually, called each other boyfriend/girlfriend, etc. I had dinner with her family on thanksgiving, she met my parents... I was actually looking to the future with this girl.

Then I find out on our two year anniversary that she was already in another relationship and had been the whole time.

That she was a slave, as in master-slave relationship, with this person.

And that she truly believed that he was an alien from another planet.

You see, she and a bunch of other women, aged 18-35 or so, were convinced by this guy that he was being possessed by an alien intelligence that was here to teach people how to leave this mortal world for cooler dimensions, and that they had two ways to get there... through decades of intense study and focus, or a few years of solid deep dicking.

And because he is so obviously an alien, and doesn't understand this material world, he gets these women to mow his lawn, clean his house, pay his bills, and buy his weed for him, which they all smoke together and have orgies.

So yeah, I broke up with her.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thanks synd, sorry was still reading through and when I skimmed I didn't see it.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • CliffCliff Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sipex wrote: »

Cheating is incredibly common everywhere. We are far from a monogomous species.

Cliff on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well, it wasn't the worst in terms of fighting or yelling or depressing, but it fucked up my relationships with women for a good year or so... Let's see if I can sum it up in one sentence for maximum O_o factor.

One girlfriend broke up with me because I didn't rape her.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited March 2010
    Cliff wrote: »

The polygamy part isn't the problem, it's the whole saying you're committed while you aren't part that gets people upset. :P

Sheep on
    edited March 2010
    Also, not as interesting as the "dumped for not raping her" story, but the girlfriend I had been with longer than anyone before or since dumped me immediately after I told her that we just had to have our cat put down. Like, it was the first thing she said after "I'm sorry to hear that"

Raiden333 on
  • DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This thread makes me happy I have nothing to contribute, I do ocasionally get self concious about the fact I've never been in a relationship but maybe its for the better :P

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • AnomeAnome Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    adytum wrote: »
    Anome wrote: »

I'm still living with him

You should probably do something about that.

But... no rent and...

...I know. I'm looking for places, but it's nice not to have the "I have to move out quickly without caring where I'm going" pressure. That led to my last bullshit housing situation which is a story for another thread.

Anome on
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well, here we go. I don't talk about this much, it's still a very emotional topic for me even though it happened in 2006 (to be honest, I do a lot of repression when it comes to this topic, my hands are shaking right now just typing it). The only relationship I had that lasted more than a month was with a girl I met in college. We enjoyed each other's company and were very compatible. We were together for eight months.

It was three months into it that I discovered that she did meth, but I rationalized that I smoked pot so who the hell was I to judge, but the severity of meth on her personality started to get progressively worse. I should have ended it, but she was the first girl who truly reciprocated feelings of actual love towards me and I didn't want to give that up. She would blow me off, treat me badly, then good, then badly again. When I tried to break it off because of the goddamn emotional rollercoaster she had me on, she told me that "breaking up sucks, just come over here and watch me have sex with a girlfriend of mine instead!" Me being a total fucking idiot/guy, that's exactly what I did. Another two months of crap ensued before her parents discovered her addiction and gave her the intervention that I was too much of a pussy to do myself (they didn't let me come, they figured my silence was an enabling factor, and I totally agree with them on that point). They sent her to her grandparents place on the East Coast for rehab, she met me at a coffee place near our college where she can say goodbye to me before she goes. She told me she was sorry that she didn't get help sooner then asks me with tears in her eyes that if I just waited until she got better she would come back to me and we could make a fresh start. I happily agreed. Man, I loved her so much.

Anyways, a couple months pass and she stays in touch (or as in touch as the program she's doing allows) then she finally gets out. I didn't hear from her after she got out so I waited a week. After that time passed with no word I call her grandparents (I had gotten to know them during this time, they seemed to like me), her grandfather then told me that after she got out of the program she seemed extremely happy and eager to take on the world again. Then that night she took twenty Ambien and never woke up again.

I never got why she did it. Was she afraid of relapsing? Did she relapse? Why was she so happy the day she killed herself? No one saw it coming. I never spoke of it to my family, not for a long time. Ironically it all came out while we were watching a Christopher Titus comedy special. He was doing a bit about how his mom decided to take responsibility for her mental illness, went to a mental institution, got out and killed herself. I started sobbing harder than I ever had in my life, I fell out of my chair and just cried on my hands and knees, my mother was sufficiently freaked out. I had never told her how serious a relationship I was in, she had met her once, but I didn't like including my relationships with my family so I kept the two seperate (different story, even longer). The floodgates opened and I told them everything, big family moment, lots of hugs, etc., etc.

fuck

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man, I'm really sorry. I can't imagine how hard that might be to deal with, in your first relationship of all times.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    VeritasVR wrote: »
    I wish people would say the real reason they don't want to be with someone instead of making up this idealistic and quasi-fantasy bullshit.

I did that with one of my girlfriends. Over the course of our relationship we had good open communication when things went wrong. I pointed out she was verbally and emotionally abusive. That never really changed so after a period of time I broke up with her telling her I didn't think we were happy anymore and that she was still verbally abusive. She then got pissed at me for "lying" to her that things were going well and that this came out of nowhere despite the repeated conversations about these problems. o_O

I'm not sure how "normal" people would handle a truthful breakup.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I wish I knew what to say to that story, Witch Hunter. Beyond "I'm sorry" I mean.

Henroid on
  • ParadisoParadiso Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Jesus, dude. I'm so sorry. I've had break-ups end with girls threatening suicide, or worse, cutting themselves, but I've never gone through anything like that. I hope putting it to words was at least a little cathartic for you. Something that intense shouldn't be bottled up.

Paradiso on
  • CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sheep wrote: »

Remember there is always the option of breaking up with the person you are committed to instead of cheating. If you are seriously considering cheating then the relationship is probably not going that well anyway.
    So I would say that having a principle of not cheating is a good thing.

Witch Hunter: Wow. I hope you are doing better these days and have found love again.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Also, not as interesting as the "dumped for not raping her" story, but the girlfriend I had been with longer than anyone before or since dumped me immediately after I told her that we just had to have our cat put down. Like, it was the first thing she said after "I'm sorry to hear that"

Why did you have to put the cat down?

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    man, fuck

I can't imagine that going through that would have been like. As Padariso said, I hope that writing it is cathartic somehow.

ChopperDave on
    3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
    edited March 2010
    Thanks, honestly I was more mad at her that she did it. The sad really didn't hit me until later, which is weird I think. And you're right Paradiso, a psychiatrist actually told me to take every opportunity to talk about it more in an effort to cleanse the shit from my psyche.

I am now back to my original cycle of short relationships based off of meaningless sex, or initial attraction that fizzles after a while. I think I will dwell here until I meet another long-term (drug-free) candidate for possible cohabitation.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • IncendaxIncendax Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Alright, I am probably going to get in trouble from the origional author for posting this, but he had a break-up that was so insane the legend deserves to live on.
    CAUTION: The events described in this entry are absolutely true. Reading said entry could cause you to lose any respect you may have for the perpetrator of the events described. If you want to maintain whatever friendly relations you might have with the author, DO NOT READ THIS ENTRY!!!

So, as you all know if you have read my previous blogs, I have gone on a few dates with this chick here in New York. Recently, I had my fourth date. Just in case you haven't read my previous blogs, or if you just need a reminder, I will recap this girl's craziness for you now. They are not ordered chronologically as they were witnessed, but are ordered by severity, from mildest to most severely crazy.

1) Has a dog named Paris that is no bigger than my hand, which she carries in her purse.
    2) Has a crazy laugh, reminiscent of Jaba The Hutt when he discovers Princess Leia trying to rescue Han Solo from the carbonite.
    3) Makes demanding gesture involving television remotes and the TV.
    4) Personally offends my roommate within fifteen minutes of first meeting her.
    5) Out of nowhere asks whether or not my roommate and I engage in sexual congress, then goes on to show that she is a shallow sow of a woman.
    6) Is a coke addict.
    7) Is a cheerleader.

After every time I would go on a date with this girl, she would call me the next day, and for a few days after until we set up the next date. This told me that she was very interested in me. After experiencing all of the aforementioned craziness, I decided I needed to stop seeing this person. The only problem is, I don't want to hurt her feelings. Contrary to popular belief (as in, the belief that all of my exes and probably most everyone I know), I do not like to hurt people's feelings. If I can avoid it, I will do what I can to spare people's feelings. That is, of course, unless I feel that you are a shithead of a human being, and deserve my scorn. This is where the confusion lies. I am not a mean person, I don't hurt people's feelings arbitrarily, it is just that it isn't that hard to make it on that shithead list.

Anyway, I decide that the best way to break this thing off is to get this chick to not be interested in me anymore. Not exactly an original idea, apparently this is a trick guys have been using for aeons. The problem in my case is that I am a fucking hottie, and I am hilarious, there is no way a chick won't want me. I could always pull the nerd card, and have her sit in on a game of D&D, as that would most assuredly keep her from ever being interested in me again. That, however, would interfere with the gaming, and nothing interferes with gaming. After much deliberation, and more than a few conversations with friends, I come up with what I believe is a foolproof plan...

A couple of nights ago, she calls me up and tells me that this is her only time available, and we need to meet up. I agree, and we meet at a starbucks and just sit and have some drinks for a couple hours. She drinks coffee, I drink tea. I am not a fan of the coffee, judge me if you must. After chilling for a little while, I tell her that we need to talk, but we can't talk here. She says, cool, and I tell her to follow me. I get in my car, she gets in hers, and we drive over to an empty parking lot near the starbucks we were at. At this point, some of you might be worried that this is a rape story. I know I am kind of a sick individual, but I would not rape her to get her to not like me anymore. Jeez, come on, that would just get her obsessed with me, and that isn't cool. No means no. Buddy The Anti-Rape Clown says "Make smiles, don't make people have sex with you".

So, we get to the parking lot, and she gets out of her car, and gets into mine. She then asks me what it is I wanted to talk to her about. Well, I look down and say, "Well, I like you...", at that, I could tell that she was expecting the breakup talk. "But I thought everything was going really well" she asks. I say that it isn't anything like that, I just don't want to hurt her. She laughs a little, and says that she likes me, and isn't worried about me hurting her. "No, I mean, you could seriously get hurt". At that, she gets a weirded out look, and kind of leans back a little. Keep in mind, this is the end of the fourth date, I could still be a serial killer, or a Mormon, or something like that. "What do you mean?" I look out into the night sky, and up into the clouds (yeah, in my mind it was going to be really cool and dramatic, with the moon shining down, but the clouds ruined the image by covering the moon). I wait a couple seconds before turning back to her.

"I am a werewolf".

I give that a pause about the length of time between an exhale and an inhale, then I begin to transform. Now, at this point I should let you all know, I am not really a werewolf, I can't really transform into a giant man-wolf hybrid and rend flesh. I can do you one better, though. What I can do is, much like a five year old playing pretend with his buddies, I can TALK myself through a transformation. "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH, the fur is pushing through my skin!!" "My muzzle is elongating and my fangs are growing!!" "My chest is bulging and tearing through my shirt!!" (After screaming that, I pull my shirt off over my head, I don't actually want to ruin any clothes).

I could exaggerate this, but, realistically, this lasted about 60 seconds before she says to me, and I almost fucking lost it here and laughed hysterically, "But it isn't a full moon". Without the trace of hesitation, I stop, look at her, and say "Werewolves can change whenever they want." SNAP! Right back into the transformation I go, kicking my sandals off as I scream that my claws are ripping through my shoes. "Don't try to reason with me, I am a fucking werewolf!!" The last half of the transformation goes on for probably another 30-45 seconds, realistically, before she is just like "fuck this, I am out of here", and gets out of the car. As she begins to head towards her car, I decide that it is time I initiated phase B.

I pull the handle on my door, I do not, mind you, open the door, I just pull the handle so the latch is clear. I then KICK the door open and get out of the car. I do not swing my legs to the side and stand up out of the car, like a human would do. Instead, I just twist my whole body to the side and fall to the ground on all fours. Scrambling up to the top of my Kia, I begin baying and howling at the moon. Keep in mind, I am half naked, having already taken most of the clothing off of my body during my transformation. This last part I cannot be sure about, as I was howling at the moon, but I think I saw her smiling as she got into her car, she may have even been laughing.

Well, needless to say, she hasn't called or texted since that night. However, I am not as pleased about the outcome as I thought I would be. I mean, don't get me wrong, this is what I wanted, but, something about it bothers me. I mean, if there was someone out there that I liked and cared about, even just a little, I would want to check up on them the day after they transform into a werewolf. I mean, I would want to know, you know, Did you make it home ok? Did you wake up in a field covered in blood? Did someone shoot at you with silver bullets? These are all things I would want to know if someone I liked had turned into a werewolf. I guess I am just a caring person. Bitch deserved it, not wanting to know if I made it home ok.

Incendax on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thanks, honestly I was more mad at her that she did it. The sad really didn't hit me until later, which is weird I think.

It's not.

Henroid on
    edited March 2010
    Incendax wrote: »
    Alright, I am probably going to get in trouble from the origional author for posting this, but he had a break-up that was so insane the legend deserves to live on.
    ~snip~

Thanks for this dude, seriously. You just made me smile big time!

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    VeritasVR wrote: »
    I wish people would say the real reason they don't want to be with someone instead of making up this idealistic and quasi-fantasy bullshit.

I did that with one of my girlfriends. Over the course of our relationship we had good open communication when things went wrong. I pointed out she was verbally and emotionally abusive. That never really changed so after a period of time I broke up with her telling her I didn't think we were happy anymore and that she was still verbally abusive. She then got pissed at me for "lying" to her that things were going well and that this came out of nowhere despite the repeated conversations about these problems. o_O

I'm not sure how "normal" people would handle a truthful breakup.

Not Well.

I had one of those on and off again relationships with a girl from Las Vegas, it was long distance and she was really weird about being distant, than not being distant, being demanding, and basically constantly ensuring that she was fucking with my head. So after a business trip to Vegas, an awkward dinner, and her steadfast refusal to come hang out in my room with me for awhile (I didn't even care about sex, I just wanted to see her), I'd had enough.

I told her my exact problem with her, and the final straw event that lead me to believe this wasn't going to work. She handled it fine, but fast forward to a few months later and I get a just nasty string of seething text messages, I could elaborate, but basically I don't think she'd ever been dumped and was absolute furious about it, and concocting all these things I did to the relationship and my "reasons" given to end it.

And like an idiot I fell for it and got back together with her, which was really only a ruse so that she could dump me and feel better about herself, which she did shortly after I told her wasn't going to talk to her for awhile because everything that came out of her mouth was negative and mean. She still sends out feeler emails and texts every couple of months that I could swear are solely engineered to fuck with my head.

Dark_Side on
    edited March 2010

Remember there is always the option of breaking up with the person you are committed to instead of cheating. If you are seriously considering cheating then the relationship is probably not going that well anyway.

Eh. The reason I said what I said was because one very significant time I could have cheated on a long standing girlfriend was with a girl who was an awesome friend to me, she professed her love, stripped down nude, and I turned her down.

She got married to one of the worst people in the world. An emotional vampire who has pretty much forced her to give up her life as an artist. She's working in a grocery store and they're living with her mother.

Sheep on
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've been a mess all day, and reading through this thread made me think that I should post what is going on with me in here.

I got kicked out of school in 2006, and spent the majority of 3 years preparing myself to get back in. Finally I did around last July.

Since October I've been seeing this girl... and for the most part, the relationship has been great. When I'm not focused on anything else, and it's just us two, everything's awesome.

But since I started seeing her my grades have been slipping. I work and go to school full time, have difficulties with my classes because of the three year break (it's an art school where each class builds and runs right into eachother content wise).

After the first quarter of seeing her I decided to end it (my school runs on quarters). However, when actually doing it, I really realized I didn't want to lose her, and decided to give it another go. And for a month or so there, things were great. Then school really kicked in again. When I started doubting things again, I told her, and I continued to tell her, and over and over again ask too much of her as far as when we could see eachother. I would try to balance things out, make it so there was room for everything in my life. But all the while I was asking so much of her, and it hurt to do that, because she's willing to give and give, and I don't want to take and take.

By the end of the quarter I was complete wreck. Stressed out, having a constant anxiety attack. And, well, I came to a point where I needed to make a decision... was I going to continue to be with her, even though it was hurting my chances at something I've wanted all my life, or would I end it, even though I have very real feelings for her.

I made the decision to end it last night. I did it over the phone, because seeing her would just hurt too damned much. And for some god awful reason I agreed to talk to her today... which again just killed me. I know what I'm doing is right in the long run, that if I keep in this right now and I can't manage to keep school going, I'll resent her, no matter how far along our relationship gets.

And if I were to stay with her, what about the end of next quarter if things don't go so well? What, would I just try to break up with her again, hoping I could make it stick?

Unfortunately she knows this is why I ended it. She knows I'm not happy about having to end it, that I'd love to be with her. She doesn't understand why I'm doing it though... She's 19, and hasn't really had the life experience to know how devastating it would be to both of us if I stayed with her and screwed up school. I'm really messed up because of hurting her. For all I know I may be being a horrible bastard, but I can't make this all fit.

TLDR; Broke up with my girlfriend of 5 months last night. Felt like I had to choose between her and something I've been working towards for over 7 years. Still have feelings for her, as well as her me. And it fucking sucks.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Eh. The reason I said what I said was because one very significant time I could have cheated on a long standing girlfriend was with a girl who was an awesome friend to me, she professed her love, stripped down nude, and I turned her down.

She got married to one of the worst people in the world. An emotional vampire who has pretty much forced her to give up her life as an artist. She's working in a grocery store and they're living with her mother.

Can't feel responsible for other people's bad decisions. And sometimes long time best friends can make for terrible significant others.

Dark_Side on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010

actually, our white blood cell count is analogous to primates that are primarily monogamous. not like bonobos, little STD factories, those.

Dynagrip on
  • CliffCliff Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dynagrip wrote: »

actually, our white blood cell count is analogous to primates that are primarily monogamous. not like bonobos, little STD factories, those.

That's nice. I'm still going to lean toward documented evidence of actual human behavior over any relation to our monkey brothers. And the evidence suggests, as I have said, that we are far from monogomous. Not saying that some people don't choose to be, and are very successful at it. But holding it up as the ideal, as many societies do, is disingenous to reality.

Cliff on
    edited March 2010

She was really old... Like 10 years... It got to the point where she could barely breathe if she laid down, so she was sitting up all the time in obvious pain, wheezing like darth vader.

Vet said there was nothing we could do and it was just her time.

Raiden333 on
  • Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

She was really old... Like 10 years... It got to the point where she could barely breathe if she laid down, so she was sitting up all the time in obvious pain, wheezing like darth vader.

Vet said there was nothing we could do and it was just her time.

10 years is not that old for a cat, but health problems would do it. :(

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png