As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Free sound effects, anyone?

QuarterMasterQuarterMaster Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I need the sound of a volcano eruption for a show that my dad is putting on. I've searched for a long time and have yet to come up with anything even remotely like what I need..so finally, I've come to the best resource that I know of. 8-) If anybody could point me in the direction of a website that has free sound effects that I can download and burn to CD, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
QuarterMaster on

• Options
    aesiraesir __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    google Sound Dogs

aesir on
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It doesn't have volcanoes, but www.findsounds.com

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Also, I'll let you know that when I was working at our public library we had CDs. Near the beginning of the CDs (I forget the exact Dewy number, sorry) were CDs full of sound effects. There were different CDs with different effects--themes, if you will.

So, check out your local library, ask where you might find some sound effects CDs, and then rip the files to your computer? (Or even just cue up the track with the sound you want and use that for the show.)

LaOs on
  • Options
    MusiquaMusiqua Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You can also look on freesound. They might have what you're looking for.

Musiqua on
  • Options
    QuarterMasterQuarterMaster Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Musiqua wrote: »
    You can also look on freesound. They might have what you're looking for.

Wow, thanks! I found the perfect file on this site, so as soon as the downloads start working again I'll grab it. Thanks to everyone else as well! I now have all the free sounds I'll ever need. :lol:

QuarterMaster on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]