As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Coheed and Cambria

Tucanwarrior13Tucanwarrior13 Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Graphic Violence
I've been enthralled with this title from the first Second Stage Turbine Blade book. The art wasn't as strong as it is now, but the storyline has always had that punch. I love it. And I'm excited to see where the story goes next.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tucanwarrior13 on

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    .....elaborate because I haven't the foggiest idea what the hell you're talking about.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Pretentious band makes pretentious comic to go along with pretentious music.

I've not read the comic, but I can't stand the albums so I'm not inclined to give them a go.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Eh. The band's ok. I must've taken one look at the comic and dropped it 'cause I didn't even remember it.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    There's a Coheed and Cambria comic? Oh lord.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I've listened to their third album, and I can't figure out for the life of me what the story they're supposedly telling is.

I like their music, and the vocalist is nothing if not unique, but effective storytelling it isn't.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm a massive Coheed & Cambria fan. The albums are the musical form of the plot to thier comics.

Unfortunatly i have no fucking idea of what the story is. They don't tell it in order.

Karl on
  • Options
    Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It sounds to me like they took the idea of a concept album and raped it into the ground.

If you want a good concept album listen to The Who's Tommy, Pink Floyd's The Wall, or Dream Theater's Scenes From a Memory.

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    This is the one with the neutered wookie singer, right?

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    Bob The MonkeyBob The Monkey Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Pink Floyd's The Wall.

Except, y'know, that's a pretty shitty album stuffed with filler which only, in fact, has three or four good songs on it. It just so happens they're unbelievably good songs, but consistant quality between tracks is the mark of a good concept album and The Wall doesn't cut it. Operation: Mindcrime by Queensryche or Dimension Hatross by Voivod are much better, not to mention Seventh Son of a Seventh Son by Iron Maiden. I love Pink Floyd, and think Wish You Were Here is outstanding (I even dropped £50 on a ticket to see Roger Waters) but The Wall is not a good album.

It is, however, written about the school I went to. Does that get me anywhere?

(Off topic, I know, but my musician knee-jerk reaction was triggered)

Bob The Monkey on
  • Options
    linkswordlinksword Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I've read them, and I love the music...

The story is a bit hard to follow though, I agree, but I like it that way. It's left open to more interpretation. The music was meant to accompany the comics, not the other way around, so it's not like they just decided to illustrate their albums one day or something.

linksword on
  • Options
    Tucanwarrior13Tucanwarrior13 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It's hard understandably for alot of people to like Coheed and Cambria. But the story line when you really get down to it is astounding. Check out www.cobaltandcalcium.com for the story. It really is pretty quite amazing.

The new album which is the end of the story as it stands now is set to release next spring sometime I do believe.

Tucanwarrior13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    As much as I love Coheed and Cambria, their third album destroyed the storyline with unbelievable wankery - singing about the author getting angry at his characters and stepping into the story? BOOOOO.

ruzkin on
    g4OlSIF.jpg
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Pink Floyd's The Wall.

Except, y'know, that's a pretty shitty album stuffed with filler which only, in fact, has three or four good songs on it. It just so happens they're unbelievably good songs, but consistant quality between tracks is the mark of a good concept album and The Wall doesn't cut it. Operation: Mindcrime by Queensryche or Dimension Hatross by Voivod are much better, not to mention Seventh Son of a Seventh Son by Iron Maiden. I love Pink Floyd, and think Wish You Were Here is outstanding (I even dropped £50 on a ticket to see Roger Waters) but The Wall is not a good album.

It is, however, written about the school I went to. Does that get me anywhere?

(Off topic, I know, but my musician knee-jerk reaction was triggered)
    I will end you.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    ForkesForkes Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    ruzkin wrote: »
    As much as I love Coheed and Cambria, their third album destroyed the storyline with unbelievable wankery - singing about the author getting angry at his characters and stepping into the story? BOOOOO.

coughcoughthedarktowercoughcough

Forkes on
    siggy-1.jpg
  • Options
    Lysergic Acid DiethylamidLysergic Acid Diethylamid Registered User new member
    edited May 2007
    Pink Floyd's The Wall.

Except, y'know, that's a pretty shitty album stuffed with filler which only, in fact, has three or four good songs on it. It just so happens they're unbelievably good songs, but consistant quality between tracks is the mark of a good concept album and The Wall doesn't cut it.

The Wall, in my own opinion, is the greatest concept album ever written.

Lysergic Acid Diethylamid on