As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hates, Happies, Hopes and Horses

EndEnd Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in MMO Extravaganza
Hate: Lack of LK 25man kill yet for our guild.

Hope: For a LK 25man kill later this week after farm stuff.

Happy: I SHALL DEVOUR THIS HAM SAMMICH

(because noone else was creating this thread.)

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
End on

• SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ecstatic: 10% Icecrown Buff is live!

Furious Hatred: The elitists whining about it. Oh no! Scrubs will now be downing LK!

Samphis on
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Someone wrote:
    Hate my fucking load times, some Addon is fucking with me. Game never loads the first time either so i have to end task it and start again.
    Me too. The end task/reload thing.

Doesn't happen on my bank alt who has no addons, but so far I'm too lazy to go figure out which one it is.
    If anyone figures out what causes this let me know, because it's annoying as shit.

Kreutz on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Also, as for the macro, it'd probably have to be an addon that uses the api because you will definitely probably eat up that 255 characters really quickly.

But GetUnitName("party#",true) should help you there.

party# works with macros too though, 1-4 (won't use yourself) GetUnitName("player",false) would work there though.

But getting the format right would be hard with variable length server names, the API and addon is definitely the best way to do it, imo.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Kreutz wrote: »
    Someone wrote:
    Hate my fucking load times, some Addon is fucking with me. Game never loads the first time either so i have to end task it and start again.

Doesn't happen on my bank alt who has no addons, but so far I'm too lazy to go figure out which one it is.
    If anyone figures out what causes this let me know, because it's annoying as shit.

I was having that trouble, too. I turned off my wowhead addon because I figured it was chewing up a chunck of memory.

Also try unplugging your router/modem and plugging it in again after 30-60 seconds. I was doing some reading on the wow tech forums and people were having some success with that.

tallgeeze on
  • OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    tallgeeze wrote: »
    Kreutz wrote: »
    Someone wrote:

I was having that trouble, too. I turned off my wowhead addon because I figured it was chewing up a chunck of memory.

Also try unplugging your router/modem and plugging it in again after 30-60 seconds. I was doing some reading on the wow tech forums and people were having some success with that.

i-1.jpg

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

OldSlacker on
    edited March 2010
    With cable modems, unplugging (though you have to be really liberal with unplug) will often reset the DOCSIS esque components of the modem.

This usually requires the following steps in this order:
    1. Unplug the modem
    2. Unscrew the coax from the modem
    3. Plug the power back into the modem, wait for the lights to light up and blink steadily
    4. Unplug the power
    5. Rescrew the coax into the modem
    6. Plug the modem back in

This is really dependent on the modem, but 9 out of 10 times this will fix a problem where you lose internet connectivity with a cable modem for a few minutes. This happened so much with time warner that my boss had to make a trouble ticket call specifically for people with time warner and we charged extra for it just because charging extra for something that takes all of 20 seconds to fix is the American/Capitalist way.

It's also why the first thing they ask you to do is restart the modem.

It's also why they always try to use it, it's an easy fix. I've even had them on the phone with it unplugged once and when they asked me to do that I said "yeah sure did" and they go:
    "well I see your modem just fine here, it's working, it must be your router/pc/whatever"
    "Oh? Oh yeah? Well it's been unplugged this whole time."
    "... Let me transfer you because I'm a goose who just tried to pull a fast one to get you off the phone to fill my quota."

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: Being at school.

Unrealted, from last thread, about mcdonalds
    Starting level managers only make 11.50 an hour right now. They asked me to drop out of school and work full time.
    For ELEVEN FIFTY!

TheCrumblyCracker on
    edited March 2010
    Slacker, that was the laugh I needed.

Cracker: All the fries you can eat! The money is in the fries.

Happy: Got T9 chest for my warlock who was wearing heirloom.

Hope: I get a decent helm with a meta socket until I get T9. I guess I will be farming reg halls of reflection tonight.

tallgeeze on
    edited March 2010
    Ahahahaha.

Bring that up to $25/hr and people may consider that.

bowen on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Hope: I get a decent helm with a meta socket until I get T9. I guess I will be farming reg halls of reflection tonight.

wrong, the money is in the banana stand.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2010
    Touché

tallgeeze on
  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Samphis wrote: »

Furious Hatred: The elitists whining about it. Oh no! Scrubs will now be downing LK!

No they won't. Lich King requires a pretty perfect execution of strategy. It will be hard to faceroll and ignore the plague, infest, soul reaper, and vile spirit mechanics until 20%+. From WoL and WoWprogress it seems like the majority of guilds are stuck on Sindragosa or earlier. Here we have 1 Horde and 2 Alliance guilds (including ours) with 25 man LK kills. We have 6 guilds stuck on LK and 11 stuck on Sindragosa. Below that is about 20 guilds stuck at 9/12 or below.

Conversely, there are 12 guilds here with LK kings on 10 man. The zone buff will not do a lot to help 25 people work together as a team, scrubs will still be scrubs.

Bikkstah on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dislike: 8 out of 15 of my frozen orbs didn't sell. So I check the AH and, sure enough, the value on the AH at that time had dropped to nearly vendor price. Squeee!

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Buy those orbs, turn into frost lotus. Give to elixir master friend, sell flasks. $$$

Bikkstah on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well, my thirst for money has been quenched by selling 4 primordial saronite. I'll look into this later.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • TheTishTheTish Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Samphis wrote: »

I'm just kinda pissed that it happened to go in this week.

On my server, my guild is currently the furthest progressed, and has been for most of WotLK. And even though we are the top guild, we maintain a very low key, humble attitude. I think we realize that we're not anywhere near doing any world firsts, so there's no point in spouting off about our accomplishments. The second guild in progression had a brief time of being the top guild during T9 content, and were very vocal silly geese regarding that fact. Even still, the trolls in their guild are very vocal in the trade channel and forums with their claims of being #1.

Now for the worrisome part. The second progressed guild finally downed LK25 last week, so they finally have access to 25 man hard modes this coming week. This week also happens to be when a large number of my guildies are going to Vegas to hang out, so our raid schedule is going to be thrown all out of whack and possibly put on hold due to not having people to fill the raid. It's questionable whether we will be able to really work at any new hard modes this week at all. Meanwhile, the other guild is going to have the advantage of raiding all week with 5% larger buff than we had over the past few weeks. I can just imagine them pulling ahead of our progression and spouting off about how great they think they are.

Silly silly geese i tell you.

I dunno... I hope that I'm worried for nothing.

TheTish on
    sig-1117080.jpg
    -- Gnome mage enchantress and inscriptionologist... er scribbler --
    sig-1497520.jpg
    sig-1497534.jpg
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: Our guild doing a progression ICC run today and 2 general runs tomorrow. Honestly, it doesn't even bother me that I'm not invited to the progression run (which makes sense since I'm not as geared as our two main healers and not at raider status anyway), what bothers me is when we had 2 groups running both 10-man days, we were progressing.

I fail to see the point in a progression group if your normal groups are progressing. We have a few mediocre dps (but they're mostly awesome), all excellent tanks, and all excellent healers. There just isn't any reason for a progression group when you can consistently field two groups and have both groups moving forward. Especially with the 10% buff tonight!

Cilla Black on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I'm sure you can get Hat of Wintry Doom fairly cheap now.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    edited March 2010

I'm sure you can get Hat of Wintry Doom fairly cheap now.

I thought about getting that, but I lose a lot of spell power and pick up too much hit. I guess the crit damage increase is a fair trade off.

tallgeeze on
  • drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Toravon dropped both priest gloves in 25man, and I was the only priest! YEEES

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: Emerald Dream is down! Again!

Hate: An alignment of the stars in our loot system meant that if Suarfang had dropped DBW, I would have won it uncontested tonight. But he didn't.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    drhazard wrote: »
    Happy: Toravon dropped both priest gloves in 25man, and I was the only priest! YEEES

This happened to me today

Except I wasn't the only priest. And lost the roll.

:x

Cilla Black on
  • TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    drhazard wrote: »

Your luck just gave me a headache. RAAAAGE!

Tyberius on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Hit 80 on my Priest.

Annoyed: My first random heroic (Drak'tharon) was made pretty crappy by our Hunter and DK tank. DK's in almost entirely ilvl 200-219 stuff and insists on pulling like he's in ICC25 gear. Four packs of mobs at once disabuses him of that notion pretty quickly and the Hunter starts giving me shit for us wiping, all the while going on about how awesome his 77 DK tanks (it even has a unique spec guys!). The DK then groans and complains that he's gotta pull less stuff so he can "carry the healer" and I never hear the end of it through the whole run; the rest of which went smoothly, by the way, without anyone else coming close to dying.

At the end I curtly apologized for not dinging 80 with 3000 spellpower, 40% crit, and 30,000 mana, and left.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    There is a solution all healers have when dealing with irritating tanks.

815165 on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well I did want to finish that run in something resembling a timely manner.

Besides, the Oculus I just did right after went awesomely, with not a single person dying to my poor handling of a green drake, and me winning the epic staff from the chest.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    There is a solution all healers have when dealing with irritating tanks.

and that would be let them die?
    It's fun to make it look like it was bad crit from a mob/boss and then have someone else tank the boss

A few months ago on my paladin when the death knight who was the tank complained about my holy gear it was fun to let them die and kill the mob myself

Brainleech on
  • His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I ran a bunch of normals on my Ret Pally once I hit 80 so that I knew I'd be geared-enough to do Heroics. Farmed CoS until I got Mal'Ganis's ilvl 187 blue axe, etc.

I still had a few cases of people bitching about/making fun of my gear. Even in the normals.

His Corkiness on
    edited March 2010
    I thought it was a two handed sword? he dropped in his chest of treasure

It's not a hate but more of a surprise I ran normal UP on my warrior with 4 people who had not been there before nor have they really played the game for that long

Brainleech on
    edited March 2010
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I thought it was a two handed sword? he dropped in his chest of treasure
    You're right. I got confused by the icon, which looks a lot like an axe.

His Corkiness on
    edited March 2010
    Hope: That so many people getting [Frostwolf Perfection] - in a bracket that normally loses - will convince people to defend Galv every game.

His Corkiness on
    edited March 2010
    korodullin wrote: »
    Happy: Hit 80 on my Priest.

Annoyed: My first random heroic (Drak'tharon) was made pretty crappy by our Hunter and DK tank. DK's in almost entirely ilvl 200-219 stuff and insists on pulling like he's in ICC25 gear. Four packs of mobs at once disabuses him of that notion pretty quickly and the Hunter starts giving me shit for us wiping, all the while going on about how awesome his 77 DK tanks (it even has a unique spec guys!). The DK then groans and complains that he's gotta pull less stuff so he can "carry the healer" and I never hear the end of it through the whole run; the rest of which went smoothly, by the way, without anyone else coming close to dying.

At the end I curtly apologized for not dinging 80 with 3000 spellpower, 40% crit, and 30,000 mana, and left.

Jesus, how much money do you have?

bowen on
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: I got confirmed for my guilds main 25 man today and tomorrow!

Hope: They actually let me run.

Hope: I can snag the tanking neck from Rotface.

Happy: Put improved revenge back into my raid spec and noticed a 1.5k increase in my DPS.

Hate: The new piracy system in SWG has me wanting to play it again. I swear that game is like heroin addiction.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
    edited March 2010
    Decomposey wrote: »

Hate: The new piracy system in SWG has me wanting to play it again. I swear that game is like heroin addiction.

Star war galaxies is still around? I thought people shunned it out of habit anymore. I wonder what will happen to it come Old republic

A happy and hate I finally won Wintergrasp after weeks of trying get into a 25 man and the gloves drop only to lose them in a roll off to the {i'm a girl and I deserve everything} other warlock

Another hate was someone forms a group for this week's raid of Lord Marrowgar and gets pissed off when most of the people do not know the fight
    I'm sorry but outside of your raiding guild the realm is in a very sorry state. You helped to make it this way with your elite attitude when it came to pugging

Brainleech on
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: My weekly run moved from 11:30 PM Tuesday/Thursday to 11:30 PM Friday/Saturday. I was just about to quit due to the ridiculous weeknight lateness of it all.

Samphis on
  • GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate - Malygos is the weekly.. Always such a hassle finding groups for that.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Made out well last night in loot from ICC25.

Hate: Sindragosa. It was getting late last night for me so my attention span was shortening... couple that with my combat log failing to record mid fight....

Happy2: Did Maly (weekly) after Sindragosa, more Frost badges for me! More saronite to sell!

Hate2: Tried to do my daily BG pre raid. Got 3 Strand and one Eye. It confirmed my belief that Cyclone Alliance = Window Lickers.

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
    edited March 2010
    Gnutson wrote: »
    Hate - Malygos is the weekly.. Always such a hassle finding groups for that.

Well it could be worse last week was Lord Jaraxxus this week is Lord Marrowgarr both fine choices from Blizzard as a random weekly

Brainleech on
  • skorchskorch Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Neyla wrote: »
    Hate2: Tried to do my daily BG pre raid. Got 3 Strand and one Eye. It confirmed my belief that Cyclone Alliance = Window Lickers.

From my experience, yea going to have to agree with that.

skorch on
    edited March 2010
    Loool at our weekly being raz and people requiring a 4800 GS.

bowen on
This discussion has been closed.