As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Metal Slug Anthology: PS2, Wii, or Xbox

2»

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    shyguy wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience with the PSP version? Almost all of my gaming is portable, and I'd really like to pick this up unless it's horrible.

I was just about to ask this

ronzo on
  • Options
    DiscoalucardXDiscoalucardX Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    shyguy wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience with the PSP version? Almost all of my gaming is portable, and I'd really like to pick this up unless it's horrible.

There's a lot of loading. Like from the time you boot up the game, it might be like two minutes before you actually see any action, once you get through the menus and stuff. On certain games, it even loads for a few seconds when switching between characters on the select screen. Other than some split second pauses in action (for loading, also), they play almost perfectly. You can even save your position in most of them to come back later, and there's a lot of wallpapers to unlock to use on the PSP background. So if you can tolerate the loading, it's definitely recommended.

DiscoalucardX on
  • Options
    mausmalonemausmalone Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    jclast wrote: »
    Clumsy or no, this is the same thing as us being pissed at parents who didn't implement parental controls because they never bothered to read the manual and figure out how they work.

Does it suck that the menu is clumsy? Yes, it does.
    If it Terminal Velocity's fault that gamers don't read manuals before using a new piece of software? No, it's not.

The menu works, and when most people start up a Wii game, they're holding the remote like a TV remote.

Am I seriously the only one here who reads the manual before playing a new game?

I read all my game manuals.

I skip shit like "health and safety warning" and "here's how you put the disc in the drive" and "here's the main menu." I want to know about play modes and how to play the actual game.

mausmalone on
    266.jpg
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Personally, I love the PS2 version, for the fact that you can use arcade sticks by your preference. Hate the load times though, how small they may be.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz