Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Chat] with the Devil

1474850525363

Posts

  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Scientists told a gorilla he was going to die, and the gorilla understood.

    They say it's a great step forward in animal self-awareness. Personally, I think it seems more like a threat then a scientific discovery.

    That's cool, and sad.

    Also I say bring on animal language understanding. I want to live in a future where we have, effectively, a bunch of alien species living on the same planet as us. Particularly someone who lives in the sea. It'd be awesome if we could sign a treaty with the dolphins to contain the octopus and shark threat in exchange for mackeral farming technology.

    Uplift a-go-go

    Tamin on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    You know, I've always loved that video, but I do notice that you see absolutely no descriptive features of that girl. It's very possible that is actually a man in drag, and the thing was faked.

    You mean besides the fact that she used a pro wrestling move?

    JustinSane07 on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    clip_image001.png
    1911.jpg

    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    You know, I've always loved that video, but I do notice that you see absolutely no descriptive features of that girl. It's very possible that is actually a man in drag, and the thing was faked.

    You mean besides the fact that she used a pro wrestling move?
    The sidecar suplex is the first move taught in most self defense classes.

    Bama on
  • NostregarNostregar Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I was thinking about removing some of the detail and going for a summary of the idea.

    I knew about the piranha people: they show some cognitive deficits in a range of cognitive reasoning tasks.

    Yeah, but the deficits in the Piraha could be (and likely are) caused by their language, not the other way around.

    The scientists were eventually able to overcome the lack of predictive ability in some of the younger children by working with them - this means it wasn't a biological issue.

    I'm not saying they provide a case against your argument - quite the opposite, I think they help the claim that RR isn't a biological supermodule - just that the thing you said about recursion wasn't totally accurate. There is a modern language that lacks it.

    Nostregar on
    Nostregar wrote: »
    I think that an entire religious debate done in haiku would be genuinely enjoyable.
    You say there is God
    I see only the fleshmeat
    Prove your space daddy
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    stupid.jpg

    YamiNoSenshi on
    Damn it, it's fucking noon. I demand to know if Yami shit on a desk yet.

    Watch me sometimes stream games.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Quality matt.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You know, if Nazis never existed, we'd have to come up with a whole slew of new insults.

    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Stay classy yami

    nexuscrawler on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You know, if Nazis never existed, we'd have to come up with a whole slew of new insults.

    Silence, you Grammar Duce.

    RMS Oceanic on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Somehow, I think we'd be up to the challenge.

    Tamin on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It's funny because someone proved my point before I hit submit.

    Tamin on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You know, if Nazis never existed, we'd have to come up with a whole slew of new insults.

    Hollywood would also have to come up with a new generic inoffensive villain.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You know, if Nazis never existed, we'd have to come up with a whole slew of new insults.

    Yeah, like being Scottish.

    Zen Vulgarity on
    oVSbgTI.png For more artwork like this, check out Jakub Rozalski's imgur
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey, matthas, your wife join the forums yet?

    Premier kakos on
    SuperKawaiiWillSig.jpg
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    You know, if Nazis never existed, we'd have to come up with a whole slew of new insults.

    Hollywood would also have to come up with a new generic inoffensive villain.

    hippies?

    nexuscrawler on
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    These casual encounters ads on craigslist...

    They are traps are they not?

    Definitely traps.

    Winky on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    You know, if Nazis never existed, we'd have to come up with a whole slew of new insults.

    Hollywood would also have to come up with a new generic inoffensive villain.

    hippies?

    The Amish?

    Nah, the Amish are pretty cool.

    firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    You know, if Nazis never existed, we'd have to come up with a whole slew of new insults.

    Hollywood would also have to come up with a new generic inoffensive villain.

    Yeah, like being British.

    Smurph on
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i am readying myself for pete

    waxing my entire body

    douching

    drinking only pineapple juice for the next few days

    etc

    Organichu on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    You know, if Nazis never existed, we'd have to come up with a whole slew of new insults.

    Hollywood would also have to come up with a new generic inoffensive villain.

    hippies?

    Nah not offensive by their ideas alone. I've heard they shy away from white power groups as of late because of how conservatives have embraced their ideals (seriously), so outside of nazis you have to do a period piece to use the red threat, or create a group almost like nazis.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Fighting The Rising Odds Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    Hell, we already play most Nazis.

    Bogart on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    These casual encounters ads on craigslist...

    They are traps are they not?

    Definitely traps.

    It'll be like the crying game only with more gay.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Organ is the creepiest forumer

    nexuscrawler on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It's quite a lovely day here! A bit on the chilly side, but clear and sunny.

    firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You know, if Nazis never existed, we'd have to come up with a whole slew of new insults.

    This was the basis of that one Star Trek episode.

    Drez on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Organ is the creepiest forumer

    No way, not even close.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    You know, if Nazis never existed, we'd have to come up with a whole slew of new insults.

    This was the basis of that one Star Trek episode.

    tell me more

    Arch on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey, matthas, your wife join the forums yet?
    Not yet, she says she's going to lurk a little while.

    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Organ is the creepiest forumer

    excited.jpg

    Organichu on
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Organ is the creepiest forumer

    No way, there's way creepier ones.

    Winky on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    'Chu barely rank as top three creepiest posters on this page alone.

    Leitner on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    You know, if Nazis never existed, we'd have to come up with a whole slew of new insults.

    This was the basis of that one Star Trek episode.

    tell me more

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterns_of_Force_(TOS_episode)

    Thomamelas on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Organ is the creepiest forumer

    No way, there's way creepier ones.

    Yeah including you winky. I think your my creepiest, followed by Klykka, kakos, and finally Hacksaw.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Organ is the creepiest forumer

    No way, there's way creepier ones.

    Did you answer my craigslist ad asking for boys to pee in my shoes yet?

    nexuscrawler on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    You know, if Nazis never existed, we'd have to come up with a whole slew of new insults.

    This was the basis of that one Star Trek episode.

    tell me more

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_City_on_the_Edge_of_Forever

    Drez on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Organ is the creepiest forumer

    No way, there's way creepier ones.

    Yeah including you winky. I think your my creepiest, followed by Klykka, kakos, and finally Hacksaw.

    not on the list

    victory

    Arch on
  • LaOsLaOs Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey, matthas, your wife join the forums yet?
    Not yet, she says she's going to lurk a little while.

    Smart woman.

    LaOs on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Actually neither episode (though both deal with Nazis or the eventuality of Nazis) have anything to do with Godwin's law. But I thought the allusion would sound funny. Use your allusion!

    Drez on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    You know, if Nazis never existed, we'd have to come up with a whole slew of new insults.

    This was the basis of that one Star Trek episode.

    tell me more

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_City_on_the_Edge_of_Forever

    This is the one I was thinking of. Classic.

    Tamin on
This discussion has been closed.