As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] with the Devil

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ahh fucking people

After months of nothing

Seven interviews in a week ahhh

AHHHHH

Zen Vulgarity on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    hey what whas that website with the "creepy stories" written up in the government-report format that you guys were looking at earlier in chat?

I know what you're talking about but can't place it. It's like... Damn it brain work. Special Containment Procedures or someshit maybe?

It's a 3-letter acronym and it stands for "Contain something something"

Or maybe in a different order

Identify Contain Something?

its definitely the SCP foundation

Arch on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    will i made a funny post about your treatment of me last night

i think i was drunk

Organichu on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    This forum is very masculine. Between insults and white knights I can see women being leery of being here.

Yes but you have to admit that most of the rape is pretty much man on man.

Thomamelas on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey thom I came up with a new dish you should try out, its radishes coated in whip cream with bbq shrimp in an alfredo asparagus sauce served over spanish rice.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited March 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    This forum is very masculine. Between insults and white knights I can see women being leery of being here.

Yes but you have to admit that most of the rape is pretty much man on man.

There is that.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Lets not forget the 'lol I'm pretending to be a creepy nerd' to cover just how socially awkward I am with women. Or the homoerotic jokes that go a tad too far.

Leitner on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I wish I could blame old age for feeling like this.

Unfortunately I've been like this since I was 12.

Today is particularly trying...

You have my sympathy. I've had arthritis for a long time and I can imagine what you deal with is much worse.

meh. I'm just in a down mood.

Been having the old swings between manic and very much not manic a lot more lately. I should probably do something about that.

BobCesca on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHB9F8tvGVM

listening to this on a loop while playing ragnarok online seems very appropriate

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited March 2010
    Leitner wrote: »

Lets not forget the 'lol I'm pretending to be a creepy nerd' to cover just how socially awkward I am with women. Or the homoerotic jokes that go a tad too far.

they stop being jokes when there's a penis on your neck

Organichu on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey thom I came up with a new dish you should try out, its radishes coated in whip cream with bbq shrimp in an alfredo asparagus sauce served over spanish rice.

Ugh. I ended up making grilled cheese for the girl last night. She couldn't take more then a few bites of that meal.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2010

There is that. I think the big jump as has been pointed out to me by females. Is how badly we treat each other if you took what people were saying as serious. For some women that's just odd behavior and they really just think we hate each other.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    Hey, matthas, your wife join the forums yet?
    Not yet, she says she's going to lurk a little while.
    Terrible idea. Tell her to start posting immediately in SE++ starting with a "I'm new here" thread. I believe in tough love, hard lessons, and throwing kids in the deep end to teach them to swim. Go ahead. Throw your wife in the deep end. Else, she'll never grow as a person.
    Know what she did last night?

Read all the rules.

That's so adorable. She decide on a handle? I'm still pulling for "mattsproblem".

PS: Where's my picture, bitch?

Premier kakos on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Chat: should I watch Alice in Wonderland or How To Train Your Dragon this afternoon?

Tamin on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't ever want Bulgarian girl to have account here. She hasn't grown up sufficiently exposed to the world and internet forums.

Are you dating a 12 year old with a nice ass or something?

I'm slowly explaining various grades of humor and euphemism to her as appropriate.

Did she grow up in a bomb shelter or some shit?

JustinSane07 on
    edited March 2010
    Organichu wrote: »

honestly

i still can't believe that happened

i mean i CAN believe it

i just dont want to

Arch on
    edited March 2010
    Tamin wrote: »
    Chat: should I watch Alice in Wonderland or How To Train Your Dragon this afternoon?

Train your dragon was wayyy better than Alice

Arch on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    hey what whas that website with the "creepy stories" written up in the government-report format that you guys were looking at earlier in chat?

I know what you're talking about but can't place it. It's like... Damn it brain work. Special Containment Procedures or someshit maybe?

It's a 3-letter acronym and it stands for "Contain something something"

Or maybe in a different order

Identify Contain Something?

SCP

cool thanks

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Aha! Found a site with historical inflation data from 1830 and onward.

If Super Metroid cost 600 SEK in 1994, it's 723 SEK in 2009. Not as bad as I expected.

Echo on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Arch wrote: »

That makes me slightly unhappy.

Tamin on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't ever want Bulgarian girl to have account here. She hasn't grown up sufficiently exposed to the world and internet forums.

I'm slowly explaining various grades of humor and euphemism to her as appropriate.

Her parents escaped communist Bulgaria with the clothes on their backs to South Africa when she was about 6. She went to a catholic school there though to high school, university in New Zealand and then honors and now Ph D in Australia.

electricitylikesme on
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »
    Hey, matthas, your wife join the forums yet?
    Not yet, she says she's going to lurk a little while.

Smart woman.
    I encouraged all the new people to make threads introducing themselves. Nobody has done it. :(

That lovely accent of yours masks a deep evil, Bama.

LaOs on
    edited March 2010

honestly

i mean i CAN believe it

i just dont want to

Penis on his neck? I don't remember doing that one.

Premier kakos on
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

Yeah, don't see Alice in Wonderland. I can only speak for myself, but I found it to be an utterly vile movie.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010

There is also just the straight-up creepers.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited March 2010

There is that. I think the big jump as has been pointed out to me by females. Is how badly we treat each other if you took what people were saying as serious. For some women that's just odd behavior and they really just think we hate each other.

Plain text does tend to lack of a lot of emotional context. I've noticed forums that tend to have much higher female populations also tend to make much more use of smilies then we do here.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2010

That makes me slightly unhappy.

Alice wasn't BAD, but How to Train your Dragon was MUCH better

in my opinion

Arch on
    edited March 2010

Her parents escaped communist Bulgaria with the clothes on their backs to South Africa when she was about 6. She went to a catholic school there though to high school, university in New Zealand and then honors and now Ph D in Australia.

You could have just said "yes".

Premier kakos on
  • SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

honestly

i mean i CAN believe it

i just dont want to

The Kakos thing, right? Yeah that creeped me out too.

Smurph on
    edited March 2010

honestly

i mean i CAN believe it

i just dont want to

the plot thickens

Arch on
    edited March 2010

Ugh. I ended up making grilled cheese for the girl last night. She couldn't take more then a few bites of that meal.

That's hilarious and kind of sad. That girl sounds confused as to what makes up food. Maybe get her a betty crocker cookbook?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    chat is rocketing this morning what is going on?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

honestly

i mean i CAN believe it

i just dont want to

the plot thickens

thats not all thats thickened

nexuscrawler on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010

Seriously. She sounds like a humorless bore.

JustinSane07 on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

But there was a Russian invasion and everything.

electricitylikesme on
    edited March 2010

honestly

i mean i CAN believe it

i just dont want to

the plot thickens

Is 'chu spreading false rumours about me?

Premier kakos on
    edited March 2010
    Plain text does tend to lack of a lot of emotional context. I've noticed forums that tend to have much higher female populations also tend to make much more use of smilies then we do here.

It's that and just the culture. This board has a distinctly hostile nature to it and thats difficult to penetrate. And if you have no want to do so, I could see avoiding it entirely.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited March 2010

honestly

i mean i CAN believe it

i just dont want to

I HAVE WITNESSES

Organichu on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh jesus christ the puerto rican food I had for dinner is wreaking my guts so bad.

should have went with the chicken and rice

beans and rice is kind of an advanced move

Dude it was flank steak and onions and beans and rice and tostones which are awesome garlic-y plantain deals.

And it was totally worth it.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    edited March 2010
    will i made a funny post about your treatment of me last night

i think i was drunk

link?

I was out most of last night

chinese food and bar trivia with mike and sig

having people in town is awesome

soon i'll go back to my hermitlike existance

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.