As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] with the Devil

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Leitner wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    This forum is very masculine. Between insults and white knights I can see women being leery of being here.

Lets not forget the 'lol I'm pretending to be a creepy nerd' to cover just how socially awkward I am with women. Or the homoerotic jokes that go a tad too far.

they stop being jokes when there's a penis on your neck

honestly

i still can't believe that happened

i mean i CAN believe it

i just dont want to

Penis on his neck? I don't remember doing that one.

the plot thickens

Is 'chu spreading false rumours about me?

Confirm or deny

Arch on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Chat has spoken! How to Train Your Dragon will be the movie du jour.

Tamin on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't ever want Bulgarian girl to have account here. She hasn't grown up sufficiently exposed to the world and internet forums.

Are you dating a 12 year old with a nice ass or something?

I'm slowly explaining various grades of humor and euphemism to her as appropriate.

Did she grow up in a bomb shelter or some shit?

Her parents escaped communist Bulgaria with the clothes on their backs to South Africa when she was about 6. She went to a catholic school there though to high school, university in New Zealand and then honors and now Ph D in Australia.

You could have just said "yes".

Seriously. She sounds like a humorless bore.

She's great. She's just not internet funny. But that's why I have you guys.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Oh jesus christ the puerto rican food I had for dinner is wreaking my guts so bad.

should have went with the chicken and rice

beans and rice is kind of an advanced move

Dude it was flank steak and onions and beans and rice and tostones which are awesome garlic-y plantain deals.

And it was totally worth it.

That sounds awesome. Also, good morning, [chat].

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Plain text does tend to lack of a lot of emotional context. I've noticed forums that tend to have much higher female populations also tend to make much more use of smilies then we do here.

It's that and just the culture. This board has a distinctly hostile nature to it and thats difficult to penetrate. And if you have no want to do so, I could see avoiding it entirely.

It's gotten a lot better in recent years but yeah

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Plain text does tend to lack of a lot of emotional context. I've noticed forums that tend to have much higher female populations also tend to make much more use of smilies then we do here.

I said once that forums are a great simulator for high-functioning autism. I see people do the exact same over/under-reactions and misunderstandings Aspies do due to the lack of social cues in pure text.

Echo on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    will i made a funny post about your treatment of me last night

i think i was drunk

link?

I was out most of last night

chinese food and bar trivia with mike and sig

having people in town is awesome

soon i'll go back to my hermitlike existance

mike never puts out

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hrm :(

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Oh jesus christ the puerto rican food I had for dinner is wreaking my guts so bad.

should have went with the chicken and rice

beans and rice is kind of an advanced move

Dude it was flank steak and onions and beans and rice and tostones which are awesome garlic-y plantain deals.

And it was totally worth it.

yeah that sounds pretty great

most PR food I have had is underseasoned though IMO

that or like sauzon and sofrito all over errything

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    will you held a gun to my head don't deny it

Organichu on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

It's that and just the culture. This board has a distinctly hostile nature to it and thats difficult to penetrate. And if you have no want to do so, I could see avoiding it entirely.

Y'all seem pretty cool.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

The silly goose rule specifically has helped, but we have also grown used to the nature of it.

I know this is probably lol worthy since most people view me as hostile to new people.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It's time to change e-mail addresses. Last night I got over 20 spam e-mails, all promising shit like "doggie 69" and what-not.

Let this be a lesson, folks: never give your e-mail address to Feral.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

i think i was drunk

link?

Speaking of which, if I were to fly down around the August long weekend, would you be free?

Each year I meet up with some old gaming buddies for camping in Upstate NY but I fly out to different cities to travel to the meet with other people. This year I might do Boston.

LaOs on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    This forum is very masculine. Between insults and white knights I can see women being leery of being here.

Lets not forget the 'lol I'm pretending to be a creepy nerd' to cover just how socially awkward I am with women. Or the homoerotic jokes that go a tad too far.

they stop being jokes when there's a penis on your neck

honestly

i still can't believe that happened

i mean i CAN believe it

i just dont want to

Penis on his neck? I don't remember doing that one.

the plot thickens

Is 'chu spreading false rumours about me?

Confirm or deny

*sighs*

This is how terrible rumours get started. The glans was firmly wrapped in the protective cloth of my underwear and it was only his thigh and knuckles.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    There is also just the straight-up creepers.

Well yes. And I think [chat] is way too good at just sort of ignoring those guys when they play it to the hilt, rather then calling them out on it.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    will you held a gun to my head don't deny it

it sounds like something i would do

but i can hardly remember anything through the constant pharmaceutical haze.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    firewaterword- shoulda gone with the plantanos maduros

i spelled that wrong

Arch on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    yeah that sounds pretty great

most PR food I have had is underseasoned though IMO

that or like sauzon and sofrito all over errything

This spot makes their own hot sauce that is so totally unique. It's a really spicy, vinegary concoction, but it's also has some weird sweetness to it, like there's pineapple juice in it or something.

They keep whatever recipe they use on fucking lockdown. But you can buy bottles for $10. My buddy has been trying to reverse engineer it for awhile.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey thom I came up with a new dish you should try out, its radishes coated in whip cream with bbq shrimp in an alfredo asparagus sauce served over spanish rice.

Ugh. I ended up making grilled cheese for the girl last night. She couldn't take more then a few bites of that meal.

That's hilarious and kind of sad. That girl sounds confused as to what makes up food. Maybe get her a betty crocker cookbook?

They have a copy of the Joy of Cooking that I gave them. And just to be clear, the cook in question is one of my girlfriend's roommates. Not my girlfriend. My girlfriend is learning to cook but she has better sense then the roommate. And most of my girlfriends cooking experiments are along the lines of "If I took this cookie recipe and add some toffee chips to it" which generally seems to work well.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't ever want Bulgarian girl to have account here. She hasn't grown up sufficiently exposed to the world and internet forums.

Are you dating a 12 year old with a nice ass or something?

I'm slowly explaining various grades of humor and euphemism to her as appropriate.

Did she grow up in a bomb shelter or some shit?

Her parents escaped communist Bulgaria with the clothes on their backs to South Africa when she was about 6. She went to a catholic school there though to high school, university in New Zealand and then honors and now Ph D in Australia.

You could have just said "yes".

But there was a Russian invasion and everything.

THERE WAS NO INVASION. THEY WERE INVITED. TEA AND CAKE WAS HAD ASK BULGARIA.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    LaOs wrote: »

i think i was drunk

link?

Speaking of which, if I were to fly down around the August long weekend, would you be free?

Each year I meet up with some old gaming buddies for camping in Upstate NY but I fly out to different cities to travel to the meet with other people. This year I might do Boston.

I will very likely be aroudn in August. I haven't come up with vacation plans this year, but odds are pretty good that I will be around.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Yea, but you know what isn't difficult to penetrate?

Bama on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

i spelled that wrong

Maduros are bomb, but I like the tostones with the steak, since they soak up all the deliciousness.

I get the maduros when I get the shrimp. Mm...

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Well yes. And I think [chat] is way too good at just sort of ignoring those guys when they play it to the hilt, rather then calling them out on it.

I think the reason for that is we kind of hope they'll go away or grow up. Honestly I chat to pass the time, I don't like getting involved in feuds or bullshit. Yes despite seemingly running into that all the time.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2010

i spelled that wrong

Maduros are bomb, but I like the tostones with the steak, since they soak up all the deliciousness.

I get the maduros when I get the shrimp. Mm...

take your flank steak meal, remove the steak, add yucca fries and maduros and then finish it off with rice pudding and cafe cubano and i ate this everyday for like a year

Arch on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I think the reason for that is we kind of hope they'll go away or grow up. Honestly I chat to pass the time, I don't like getting involved in feuds or bullshit. Yes despite seemingly running into that all the time.
    Well I do feel there are some people who do it strictly for the attention, so ignoring them is the best punishment available.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    also i forgot to mention ropa vieja was included in that meal because i was not vegetarian at the time

Arch on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Y'all seem pretty cool.

shit yeah we're cool

but some of us seem to occasionally demonstrate a lack of basic social skills, especially when it comes to ladies

everyone i hung out with this weekend though was fuckin awesome

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
  • Options
    edited March 2010

They have a copy of the Joy of Cooking that I gave them. And just to be clear, the cook in question is one of my girlfriend's roommates. Not my girlfriend. My girlfriend is learning to cook but she has better sense then the roommate. And most of my girlfriends cooking experiments are along the lines of "If I took this cookie recipe and add some toffee chips to it" which generally seems to work well.

Yeah you said roommate. I haven't seen the joy of cooking, but I know from personal experience the betty crocker book is fantastic. Crocker is great because it has a glossary of basic cooking terms and its easy to follow the instructions. I did homemade lasanga from the book recipe and I've never done lasanga before (yeah I know its easy but while I'm not a bad cook investing 2 to 3 hours into something you could fuck up is scary!)

I will admit cooking, like fashion, is something you either seem to get or you don't, and its hard as hell for some people to understand and accept they don't get it. Especially when they think they are good at it.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NostregarNostregar Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I would just like to say that I've never felt this board to be overly hostile.

People have been very friendly, for the most part.

Nostregar on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Nostregar wrote: »

carusofuckyou.gif

Bama on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ughhh motherfucker why did i think about ropa vieja

ffffffffff

single greatest threat to my staunch vegetarian ways is that food

Arch on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    LaOs wrote: »

i think i was drunk

link?

I will very likely be aroudn in August. I haven't come up with vacation plans this year, but odds are pretty good that I will be around.

I think I'd probably have time to meet up with Boston folk from PA at the end of the weekend or during the week (3-5) or so. Would depend on flights and hotels I guess. It also may not work out for me getting to the Camping from Boston, but I know there's one cool guy who usually goes from there (depending if he's in Boston or another of his homes at the time).

I think it would be fun to throw a PA meetup on the end of the camping weekend.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    So I need to figure out if I want to go to cute greek girl's birthday party this weekend. I know like maybe 2 people who are going. But cute greek girl has super hot greek sister.

I need to convince more mutual friends to go I think.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Nostregar wrote: »

Well when I say board I mean the whole thing, which includes g&t. Not everyone in g&t is bad, but christ have an opinion someone doesn't like and its like you pissed on his mothers ashes.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I started mostly hanging out in the MMO subforms and that place is generally chill. But it helped that at least a few people recognized me when I spread into D&D. I can see how it would be hard for a newbie. But this place is amazingly tame compared to work. I'm attached to the sales department so it's kinda like a frat house but with less actual gay sex.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So I need to figure out if I want to go to cute greek girl's birthday party this weekend. I know like maybe 2 people who are going. But cute greek girl has super hot greek sister.

I need to convince more mutual friends to go I think.

How stereotypical is her family?

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Arch I've never had ropa vieja but as god as my witness I shall because shit goddamn that looks good.

firewaterword on
This discussion has been closed.