As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] with the Devil

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think there is a moderate amount of ball busting on this site but nothing unusual. It might be regional
    Drez wrote: »
    Hey, matthas, your wife join the forums yet?
    Not yet, she says she's going to lurk a little while.
    Terrible idea. Tell her to start posting immediately in SE++ starting with a "I'm new here" thread. I believe in tough love, hard lessons, and throwing kids in the deep end to teach them to swim. Go ahead. Throw your wife in the deep end. Else, she'll never grow as a person.
    Know what she did last night?

Read all the rules.

That's so adorable. She decide on a handle? I'm still pulling for "mattsproblem".

PS: Where's my picture, bitch?
    Rap music

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Plain text does tend to lack of a lot of emotional context. I've noticed forums that tend to have much higher female populations also tend to make much more use of smilies then we do here.

It's that and just the culture. This board has a distinctly hostile nature to it and thats difficult to penetrate. And if you have no want to do so, I could see avoiding it entirely.

It's gotten a lot better in recent years but yeah

Y'all seem pretty cool.

shit yeah we're cool

but some of us seem to occasionally demonstrate a lack of basic social skills, especially when it comes to ladies

everyone i hung out with this weekend though was fuckin awesome

Am... am... I awesome?

Premier kakos on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Leitner wrote: »
    This forum is very masculine. Between insults and white knights I can see women being leery of being here.

Lets not forget the 'lol I'm pretending to be a creepy nerd' to cover just how socially awkward I am with women. Or the homoerotic jokes that go a tad too far.

This post makes my penis so hard I could use it as a sword to save a maiden in distress.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So I need to figure out if I want to go to cute greek girl's birthday party this weekend. I know like maybe 2 people who are going. But cute greek girl has super hot greek sister.

I need to convince more mutual friends to go I think.

How stereotypical is her family?

No idea. Kind-of sort-of knew her in high school, then went to the same college. See her every few months at these big ass someone's having a birthday so lets rent a bar kinds of things. I should poast picture so you'll see what I'm dealing with here but with the creepster discussion occurring I think I shall reconsider.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nostregar wrote: »
    I would just like to say that I've never felt this board to be overly hostile.

People have been very friendly, for the most part.

It's mostly been broken up, but back when I first joined people used 'Who are you?' in a non-ironic fashion. And there was some real cliques.

Plus before the silly goose people called each other retards etc constantly.

Leitner on
  • mattsproblemmattsproblem Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Aw, shucks. I feel famous.

mattsproblem on
    DtfqR.jpg
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    i watched will throw twenty women in the air and have sex with each before the first hit the ground

Organichu on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

They have a copy of the Joy of Cooking that I gave them. And just to be clear, the cook in question is one of my girlfriend's roommates. Not my girlfriend. My girlfriend is learning to cook but she has better sense then the roommate. And most of my girlfriends cooking experiments are along the lines of "If I took this cookie recipe and add some toffee chips to it" which generally seems to work well.

Yeah you said roommate. I haven't seen the joy of cooking, but I know from personal experience the betty crocker book is fantastic. Crocker is great because it has a glossary of basic cooking terms and its easy to follow the instructions. I did homemade lasanga from the book recipe and I've never done lasanga before (yeah I know its easy but while I'm not a bad cook investing 2 to 3 hours into something you could fuck up is scary!)

I will admit cooking, like fashion, is something you either seem to get or you don't, and its hard as hell for some people to understand and accept they don't get it. Especially when they think they are good at it.

The Betty Crocker is great but there would have been one roommate who might have taken it as a potential slight. And the Joy of Cooking has all of that and more recipes.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2010
    Leitner, don't miss my post on the last page!

Drez on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Arch I've never had ropa vieja but as god as my witness I shall because shit goddamn that looks good.

i desire it because it is one of the few meat dishes i used to enjoy (i was never a real big meat eater) and there are literally ZERO vegetarian substitutes that come close

Arch on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    But cute greek girl has super hot greek sister.

Okay, so that's decided then. You're going. Next question you need [chat] to decide?

desc on
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey thom I came up with a new dish you should try out, its radishes coated in whip cream with bbq shrimp in an alfredo asparagus sauce served over spanish rice.

Ugh. I ended up making grilled cheese for the girl last night. She couldn't take more then a few bites of that meal.

That's hilarious and kind of sad. That girl sounds confused as to what makes up food. Maybe get her a betty crocker cookbook?

They have a copy of the Joy of Cooking that I gave them. And just to be clear, the cook in question is one of my girlfriend's roommates. Not my girlfriend. My girlfriend is learning to cook but she has better sense then the roommate. And most of my girlfriends cooking experiments are along the lines of "If I took this cookie recipe and add some toffee chips to it" which generally seems to work well.

That's bullshit though because adding toffee chips to anything makes it better.

stevemarks44 on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    hey duders

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    LaOs wrote: »
    Speaking of which, if I were to fly down around the August long weekend, would you be free?

Each year I meet up with some old gaming buddies for camping in Upstate NY but I fly out to different cities to travel to the meet with other people. This year I might do Boston.

I will very likely be aroudn in August. I haven't come up with vacation plans this year, but odds are pretty good that I will be around.

I think I'd probably have time to meet up with Boston folk from PA at the end of the weekend or during the week (3-5) or so. Would depend on flights and hotels I guess. It also may not work out for me getting to the Camping from Boston, but I know there's one cool guy who usually goes from there (depending if he's in Boston or another of his homes at the time).

I think it would be fun to throw a PA meetup on the end of the camping weekend.

Yep - let me know when you work out the details and I will try to set something up.

I'll warn you though that I'm the only D&D guy that I know of who actually lives in Boston. We have a few people from the outer suburbs or around Mass, and a few people have family or friends here and occasionally make it up. The last time I tried to set something up when Mojo was in town managed one other person!

But the time before that I think we had probably 12. So it's just kind of hit-or-miss I guess.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited March 2010

i really can't believe you used that name

also girl, interwebz, etc

Arch on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    hey pods, i'm trying to get the details for the people who want to hang in NYC but won't be in jersey friday night

where are we meeting? preferred restaurant or what?

Organichu on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

The Betty Crocker is great but there would have been one roommate who might have taken it as a potential slight. And the Joy of Cooking has all of that and more recipes.

Yeah its the nature of cooking, because its fairly personal when you imply someone can't do it, or can't do it well, a cook book can be insulting. Me personally? I asked for it because I wanted to expand my repetoire.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey thom I came up with a new dish you should try out, its radishes coated in whip cream with bbq shrimp in an alfredo asparagus sauce served over spanish rice.

Ugh. I ended up making grilled cheese for the girl last night. She couldn't take more then a few bites of that meal.

That's hilarious and kind of sad. That girl sounds confused as to what makes up food. Maybe get her a betty crocker cookbook?

It does not improve lasagna.

Thomamelas on
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    hey pods, i'm trying to get the details for the people who want to hang in NYC but won't be in jersey friday night

'chu, I'm suing you for libel. Just thought I'd let you know.

Premier kakos on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    problem needs av badly

skippydumptruck on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So, setting Facebook relationship statuses - what people's opinions?

electricitylikesme on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dicks in butts

Zen Vulgarity on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hi.

Sarksus on
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So I need to figure out if I want to go to cute greek girl's birthday party this weekend. I know like maybe 2 people who are going. But cute greek girl has super hot greek sister.

I need to convince more mutual friends to go I think.

I'd only take one friend at max, so that it doesn't look like you're bringing your own party to her party and you don't appear to have brought a "safety blanket" to protect you from the scary strangers. Plus, you can riff off one friend and probably have an easier time meeting her friends if you've only got one other person you're responsible for.

Also, you don't look like a goose bringing a boatload of people to someone else's event.

LaOs on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dicks in butts

thats your relationship status?

nexuscrawler on
  • mattsproblemmattsproblem Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Arch wrote: »

I haven't had enough coffee to be creative today.

Oh, and hi, by the way.

mattsproblem on
    DtfqR.jpg
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

It does not improve lasagna.

Prove it.

stevemarks44 on
    edited March 2010

Oh gosh, hi there!

That feeling with dissipate once the novelty wears off.

Sarksus on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

well I was going to take you to this thai place I took nexus a few years ago, but I can meet you at the path if that's easier for you.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So, setting Facebook relationship statuses - what people's opinions?

Don't even do it.

desc on
    edited March 2010
    Arch wrote: »

I haven't had enough coffee to be creative today.

Oh, and hi, by the way.

hi!

hopefully i can meet you in person next year

and all the rest of [chat]

Arch on
    edited March 2010
    PantsB wrote: »
    I think there is a moderate amount of ball busting on this site but nothing unusual. It might be regional
    Drez wrote: »
    Hey, matthas, your wife join the forums yet?
    Not yet, she says she's going to lurk a little while.
    Terrible idea. Tell her to start posting immediately in SE++ starting with a "I'm new here" thread. I believe in tough love, hard lessons, and throwing kids in the deep end to teach them to swim. Go ahead. Throw your wife in the deep end. Else, she'll never grow as a person.
    Know what she did last night?

Read all the rules.

That's so adorable. She decide on a handle? I'm still pulling for "mattsproblem".

PS: Where's my picture, bitch?
    Rap music

I had the exact same thought.

LaOs on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010

That picture is bullshit

I would never be so safe with a firearm as to keep my finger outside of the trigger well

I roll loco, ese

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited March 2010

YES!

Hah... this is the best.

Welcome, etc etc.

LaOs on
    edited March 2010

yessss

welcome!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited March 2010

Yeah its the nature of cooking, because its fairly personal when you imply someone can't do it, or can't do it well, a cook book can be insulting. Me personally? I asked for it because I wanted to expand my repetoire.

Well the issue with the Betty Crocker would have been more about the 50's image it had as a housewife staple. That roommate can be a little bit of a silly goose sometimes. But none of the girls could cook before they met me. And I've been teaching one of the other boyfriends quietly on the side.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2010
    I think I'm going to have to reinstall Windows 7 again.

Sarksus on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    desc wrote: »
    But cute greek girl has super hot greek sister.

Okay, so that's decided then. You're going. Next question you need [chat] to decide?

Awesome, well done. I know I have like zero chance with hot sister but goddamn if I don't try. Also it's a swank bar so I'll get to dress up!

I shall consider my next query for the Oracle of Chat.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    edited March 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I think I'm going to have to reinstall Windows 7 again.

Go to hell. That old installation of Windows 7 could have fed a third world country for a month.

Drez on
    edited March 2010
    Speaking of which, if I were to fly down around the August long weekend, would you be free?

Each year I meet up with some old gaming buddies for camping in Upstate NY but I fly out to different cities to travel to the meet with other people. This year I might do Boston.

I will very likely be aroudn in August. I haven't come up with vacation plans this year, but odds are pretty good that I will be around.

I think I'd probably have time to meet up with Boston folk from PA at the end of the weekend or during the week (3-5) or so. Would depend on flights and hotels I guess. It also may not work out for me getting to the Camping from Boston, but I know there's one cool guy who usually goes from there (depending if he's in Boston or another of his homes at the time).

I think it would be fun to throw a PA meetup on the end of the camping weekend.

Yep - let me know when you work out the details and I will try to set something up.

I'll warn you though that I'm the only D&D guy that I know of who actually lives in Boston. We have a few people from the outer suburbs or around Mass, and a few people have family or friends here and occasionally make it up. The last time I tried to set something up when Mojo was in town managed one other person!

But the time before that I think we had probably 12. So it's just kind of hit-or-miss I guess.

Yeah, I thought it might be a situation like that... still, I'll let you know how it works out. Being weeknights it might be tough, too. Ah well, Will's good enough for me. :D

LaOs on
This discussion has been closed.