Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Chat] with the Devil

1525355575863

Posts

  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Aw, shucks. I feel famous.

    womaninternet.png

    Organichu on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Hey thom I came up with a new dish you should try out, its radishes coated in whip cream with bbq shrimp in an alfredo asparagus sauce served over spanish rice.

    Ugh. I ended up making grilled cheese for the girl last night. She couldn't take more then a few bites of that meal.

    That's hilarious and kind of sad. That girl sounds confused as to what makes up food. Maybe get her a betty crocker cookbook?

    They have a copy of the Joy of Cooking that I gave them. And just to be clear, the cook in question is one of my girlfriend's roommates. Not my girlfriend. My girlfriend is learning to cook but she has better sense then the roommate. And most of my girlfriends cooking experiments are along the lines of "If I took this cookie recipe and add some toffee chips to it" which generally seems to work well.

    That's bullshit though because adding toffee chips to anything makes it better.

    It does not improve lasagna.

    Prove it.

    Go ahead and make it.

    Thomamelas on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    LaOs wrote: »
    So I need to figure out if I want to go to cute greek girl's birthday party this weekend. I know like maybe 2 people who are going. But cute greek girl has super hot greek sister.

    I need to convince more mutual friends to go I think.

    I'd only take one friend at max, so that it doesn't look like you're bringing your own party to her party and you don't appear to have brought a "safety blanket" to protect you from the scary strangers. Plus, you can riff off one friend and probably have an easier time meeting her friends if you've only got one other person you're responsible for.

    Also, you don't look like a goose bringing a boatload of people to someone else's event.

    yeah this

    you dont bring your whole crew to someone else's thing

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2010
    Some of you may recall that I was really pissed when my platoon was taken from me because we got a new medic who happens to be a sergeant and they gave the platoon to him, reassigning me to work in treatment. At a hospital.

    Well we've got one platoon open in another company. It's not the recon platoon, I guess, but it's at least an infantry platoon. Apparently that spot is open because they realized that the guy who's assigned to it now has two months of dwell time left and isn't deploying with the rest of us.

    The senior medic for that company walked into the aid station where a bunch of us were bullshitting because that's all there is to do in an aid station and says "Which one of you wants to work for me?"

    And I was like ME ME ME OHMIGOD MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    I WILL SUCK YOUR DICK PICK ME

    So he's like "Well what's your PT score?"

    To which I said 320

    So

    He'll "think about it"

    Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LaOsLaOs Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So, setting Facebook relationship statuses - what people's opinions?

    Useful but not really a big deal. Do it or don't--doesn't matter so much really.

    LaOs on
  • SarksusSarksus JUST PRINTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I think I'm going to have to reinstall Windows 7 again.

    Go to hell.

    Why? Every time I install it there's something wrong with it. Last time it kept blue-screening and this time there's something wrong with the audio, which happened three or four installations ago as well.

    I suspect it might be a hardware problem but I can't discern anything obvious.

    Sarksus on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Hey thom I came up with a new dish you should try out, its radishes coated in whip cream with bbq shrimp in an alfredo asparagus sauce served over spanish rice.

    Ugh. I ended up making grilled cheese for the girl last night. She couldn't take more then a few bites of that meal.

    That's hilarious and kind of sad. That girl sounds confused as to what makes up food. Maybe get her a betty crocker cookbook?

    They have a copy of the Joy of Cooking that I gave them. And just to be clear, the cook in question is one of my girlfriend's roommates. Not my girlfriend. My girlfriend is learning to cook but she has better sense then the roommate. And most of my girlfriends cooking experiments are along the lines of "If I took this cookie recipe and add some toffee chips to it" which generally seems to work well.

    That's bullshit though because adding toffee chips to anything makes it better.

    It does not improve lasagna.

    Prove it.

    Go ahead and make it.

    Chocolate-chip lasagna is a delicacy.

    Drez on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck and yet it moves Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Aw, shucks. I feel famous.

    i really can't believe you used that name

    also girl, interwebz, etc

    I haven't had enough coffee to be creative today.

    Oh, and hi, by the way.

    14bl4xw.jpg

    skippydumptruck on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I think I'm going to have to reinstall Windows 7 again.

    Go to hell. [That old installation of Windows 7 could have fed a third world country for a month.]

    Why? Every time I install it there's something wrong with it. Last time it kept blue-screening and this time there's something wrong with the audio, which happened three or four installations ago as well.

    I suspect it might be a hardware problem but I can't discern anything obvious.

    Read my edit, you selfish bastard.

    Drez on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I think I'm going to have to reinstall Windows 7 again.

    yayyy windows

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

    Go ahead and make it.

    Dammit you called my bluff. D:

    stevemarks44 on
    1568lg9.jpg
    steam ID: stevemarks44
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    Aha! Found a site with historical inflation data from 1830 and onward.

    If Super Metroid cost 600 SEK in 1994, it's 723 SEK in 2009. Not as bad as I expected.

    it might be best to look at a few of the components that go into a video game (plastic, silicon, programmers) and see how their costs have changed over the period in question. (we would call that escalation or de-escalation depending)

    real inflation differs dramatically across various market basket components and to use an 'average' inflation like the CPI all items index (in the US) might be completely irrelevant to the product you're looking at.

    thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Drez wrote: »

    Chocolate-chip lasagna is a delicacy.

    And your single status becomes more obvious.

    Thomamelas on
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    hey pods, i'm trying to get the details for the people who want to hang in NYC but won't be in jersey friday night

    where are we meeting? preferred restaurant or what?

    well I was going to take you to this thai place I took nexus a few years ago, but I can meet you at the path if that's easier for you.

    your call. if PATH is out of the way from the restaurant then don't bother, i can usher everyone to where we need to be

    i went to school in queens so i know my way around the city a bit, i just want to be able to give people something a little firmer than "we're eating with pods at 1 in manhattan"

    what say you?

    where is the place?

    Organichu on
  • SarksusSarksus JUST PRINTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I think I'm going to have to reinstall Windows 7 again.

    yayyy windows

    I really don't think it's Window's fault. My hardware has always been quirky.

    Sarksus on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck and yet it moves Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    actually wait, use this one instead

    it's cuter

    ftpme1.jpg

    skippydumptruck on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    I can't believe she actually registered as Mattsproblem.

    JustinSane07 on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    God April 1st. You can't read the news on April 1st. Goes double for science-types, since we get all excited at implausible things being vaguely plausibly reported.

    electricitylikesme on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    God April 1st. You can't read the news on April 1st. Goes double for science-types, since we get all excited at implausible things being vaguely plausibly reported.

    I always forget you live in the future.

    For a minute I was very confused.

    BobCesca on
  • SarksusSarksus JUST PRINTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    God April 1st. You can't read the news on April 1st. Goes double for science-types, since we get all excited at implausible things being vaguely plausibly reported.

    Yeah, it sucks.

    Like I bet the technological singularity is gonna happen tomorrow.

    But not really.

    No brain uploads for me.

    Sarksus on
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I can't believe she actually registered as Mattsproblem.

    it was a really, really good idea that was suggested to her

    Organichu on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »
    So I need to figure out if I want to go to cute greek girl's birthday party this weekend. I know like maybe 2 people who are going. But cute greek girl has super hot greek sister.

    I need to convince more mutual friends to go I think.

    I'd only take one friend at max, so that it doesn't look like you're bringing your own party to her party and you don't appear to have brought a "safety blanket" to protect you from the scary strangers. Plus, you can riff off one friend and probably have an easier time meeting her friends if you've only got one other person you're responsible for.

    Also, you don't look like a goose bringing a boatload of people to someone else's event.

    yeah this

    you dont bring your whole crew to someone else's thing

    Oh, no doubt. Thing is that I have one gargantuan circle of friends from school. And I'd recognize a bunch of people there even, which is always fun. It's a matter of getting the homeys who know her to go out and get wrecked on Easter eve. If that's a thing.

    The other issue too is that I'll very likely end up drinking a lot. Which will lead to dancing.

    firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Don't try to take credit, Organ.

    JustinSane07 on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Well the issue with the Betty Crocker would have been more about the 50's image it had as a housewife staple. That roommate can be a little bit of a silly goose sometimes. But none of the girls could cook before they met me. And I've been teaching one of the other boyfriends quietly on the side.

    The good thing about Betty Crocker is that the recipes are easy, cheap, and quick

    The problem with Betty Crocker is that it is bland, not especially good, and relies far too much on pre-made ingredients. It often comes down to mixing a packet of this powder with a cup of that powder and the contents of these two cans.

    It doesn't really end up teaching good cooking skills or habits I don't think.

    I have an Alton Brown cookbook that I think is a pretty great primer and teaches some great basic skills and their rationale.

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    I can't believe she actually registered as Mattsproblem.

    it was a really, really good idea that was suggested to her

    it is pretty hilarious

    thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • LaOsLaOs Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    I can't believe she actually registered as Mattsproblem.

    it was a really, really good idea that was suggested to her

    I think it's a pretty great handle, actually. Pretty funny when you know the context, and also links the two of them (again, if you know the context) without being obvious about it. Also, generally speaking, it's a simple, easy to read/type name.

    LaOs on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    desc wrote: »
    But cute greek girl has super hot greek sister.

    Okay, so that's decided then. You're going. Next question you need [chat] to decide?

    Awesome, well done. I know I have like zero chance with hot sister but goddamn if I don't try. Also it's a swank bar so I'll get to dress up!

    I shall consider my next query for the Oracle of Chat.

    Greek girls are pretty hairy

    i am just sayin

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    But cute greek girl has super hot greek sister.

    Okay, so that's decided then. You're going. Next question you need [chat] to decide?

    Awesome, well done. I know I have like zero chance with hot sister but goddamn if I don't try. Also it's a swank bar so I'll get to dress up!

    I shall consider my next query for the Oracle of Chat.

    Greek girls are pretty hairy

    i am just sayin

    :winky:

    Arch on
  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm looking forward to seeing where the DADT thread has gone when I get back from class.

    Quid on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »

    Chocolate-chip lasagna is a delicacy.

    And your single status becomes more obvious.

    Heyyy.

    Wait, who are you? Are you on my Facebook?

    Drez on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    I really like the colors of today's comic.

    JustinSane07 on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    LaOs wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Yep - let me know when you work out the details and I will try to set something up.

    I'll warn you though that I'm the only D&D guy that I know of who actually lives in Boston. We have a few people from the outer suburbs or around Mass, and a few people have family or friends here and occasionally make it up. The last time I tried to set something up when Mojo was in town managed one other person!

    But the time before that I think we had probably 12. So it's just kind of hit-or-miss I guess.

    Yeah, I thought it might be a situation like that... still, I'll let you know how it works out. Being weeknights it might be tough, too. Ah well, Will's good enough for me. :D

    Yesss :)

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Don't try to take credit, Organ.

    i'm not taking credit, homp

    i'm just saying it was a good idea

    Organichu on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    But cute greek girl has super hot greek sister.

    Okay, so that's decided then. You're going. Next question you need [chat] to decide?

    Awesome, well done. I know I have like zero chance with hot sister but goddamn if I don't try. Also it's a swank bar so I'll get to dress up!

    I shall consider my next query for the Oracle of Chat.

    Greek girls are pretty hairy

    i am just sayin

    I read that as Geek girls.

    DeShadowC on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Res wrote: »
    Some of you may recall that I was really pissed when my platoon was taken from me because we got a new medic who happens to be a sergeant and they gave the platoon to him, reassigning me to work in treatment. At a hospital.

    Well we've got one platoon open in another company. It's not the recon platoon, I guess, but it's at least an infantry platoon. Apparently that spot is open because they realized that the guy who's assigned to it now has two months of dwell time left and isn't deploying with the rest of us.

    The senior medic for that company walked into the aid station where a bunch of us were bullshitting because that's all there is to do in an aid station and says "Which one of you wants to work for me?"

    And I was like ME ME ME OHMIGOD MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    I WILL SUCK YOUR DICK PICK ME

    So he's like "Well what's your PT score?"

    To which I said 320

    So

    He'll "think about it"

    is 320 good?

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    Aw, shucks. I feel famous.

    Yay! Welcome to our humble abode on the INTERNETS!!

    Premier kakos on
    SuperKawaiiWillSig.jpg
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    But cute greek girl has super hot greek sister.

    Okay, so that's decided then. You're going. Next question you need [chat] to decide?

    Awesome, well done. I know I have like zero chance with hot sister but goddamn if I don't try. Also it's a swank bar so I'll get to dress up!

    I shall consider my next query for the Oracle of Chat.

    Greek girls are pretty hairy

    i am just sayin

    :winky:

    She's pretty damn fit. She also makes jokes about doing it Greek. Which... uh... yeah.

    firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • SarksusSarksus JUST PRINTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Will exists in stasis in between get-togethers.

    Sarksus on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    hey pods, i'm trying to get the details for the people who want to hang in NYC but won't be in jersey friday night

    where are we meeting? preferred restaurant or what?

    well I was going to take you to this thai place I took nexus a few years ago, but I can meet you at the path if that's easier for you.

    your call. if PATH is out of the way from the restaurant then don't bother, i can usher everyone to where we need to be

    i went to school in queens so i know my way around the city a bit, i just want to be able to give people something a little firmer than "we're eating with pods at 1 in manhattan"

    what say you?

    where is the place?

    What? Do you mean thigh place? I thought we were going to meet at the strip club.

    <\3

    Drez on
This discussion has been closed.