As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, the Name Game {Tourney Spreadsheet in OP}

• Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Arrath wrote: »
    Whoever said Morde was a beast on TT was right. Just went up against him in a game and he never ever died! He had a crappy jax and teemo on his team, but was single handedly able to cock-block any of our attempts to push after we'd killed the other two. It was just insane.

I know right? It is fucking insane. He still gets kills and all he does is stack HP items, because he is usually able to kill somebody and get away when he is playing against the entire enemy team, 3v1.

edit: not to mention if it is a teamfight we burst and suddenly it is a 4v2. My friend usually has their first tower dead by the 5 or 10 minute mark since we let him solo bottom, and if he is able to get that ult on whoever is at bottom, guarunteed he is sending that ghost in to the tower to tank then killing it.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You need stuns in TT.

Need need need.

Mord will not die unless you stun him.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You need stuns in TT.

Need need need.

Mord will not die unless you stun him.

My friend takes cleanse for this reason and he hasn't ever used cleanse before yesterday, and he loves it.

Also, you guys are definitely right, disables pretty much are required. Alistar must be insane on this map, except maybe the fact that his damage is terrible. His pulverize and headbutt then a Fiddles was fearing me right after felt devastating, I couldn't cast anything for like a good 6-7 seconds. Fortunately their team had zero burst, cause Fiddles isn't too bursty and I think the third guy was a non-burst champ and he wasn't really even around half the time when they needed him. But if they had someone who was able to do good damage and throw in another disable after Alistar I'm sure I would've been dead, since Fiddles is more supportish deeps and plenty of disables and not a carry.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    if you play sion, you take stun at lvl 1. this is not up for discussion. lvl 1. stun. you don't need more points till later. stun. take at lvl 1. i think you get it now. if you play any champ that has a stun/root/slow/escape, you take that at lvl one almost always. to help you gank/escape the early teamfight. the biggest exception i can think of right now, is grabbing JitB lvl 1 on shaco to try and control liz on TT.

granted, if you are said shaco, and your teammates are not very good, and you see morde, jax and annie, turn and run so they get feared, and your other two teammates run past you to die, then you should just sit at spawn. seriously, don't pug TT. recipe for disaster. i pugged it twice and got raped with no reach around during. i played shaco, then poppy, both good characters on the map.

best part was the second game, it was me (poopy), kass, TF. tf is not great on this map, well, i suppose if you're really good with him then he'd be ok. but ours was chilling away from me and kass who were in the same grass patch, and got 3v1'd right away. then he steps out of the base once more to get filleted by cleavers, and said to have fun and quit. leavers... fuck yeah.

anyways, i did have fun using zilean, in rift, but fuck twitch for wandering behind us while we were in his base with his team dead to finish off our nexus.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't think Alistar is on the level of Sion or Morde.

He's too slow and his damage is atrocious.

Maybe if you had two completely dominating DPS to back him up, yeah.

But you really need champs who can triple function disable/damage/tank. (ill trade a stun for Morde's godmode ult)

Another champion that is hardcore on TT is Malphite, who is nearly impossible to gank if you consider his ult an escape on top of an incredible initiator.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    You'd think TF would be good seeing how great Shen is on this map, but really, it's the opposite because it's harder to isolate an opponent in TT using teleport. As soon as they see that sun pop up over their head they are running for each other.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yi can rape in TT

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    anyone can, zen, the problem is being able to not get raped by more rapey champs.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    cleanse and ghost on a tiny map coupled with highlander virtually assures you are not raping yi

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yi is a terrible team fighter because he gets smoked by five dudes

TT is three people in a short area where he can pop around everywhere

It's made for gankers like him

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    hmm... zen is wrong...

surprise?

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    i'm not saying yi can't do well, but if you're up against a premade, you'll find too many stuns and beefcakes to get your farm on.

i'd honestly rather have warwick than yi for TT.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yi will do well in TT pubs. I lost to a Yi/Sion/Heimer combo and the Yi was very hard to get away from.

But I was 7 and 4 and the siv on my team was 0/1/2. So I wasn't getting much help.

Yeah Warwick is probably better but at that point, you might as well spring for Shaco.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Wahhhhh I gotta play the high tier people

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    well, my big problem right now is that i haven't actually played a 3v3, both my games were 3v2. game 1, our bearcock was connected for about half the game, and the 2nd game, our TF just quit after getting pwnd.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I need a well organized team.

Endomatic on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Fun match.

And by fun, I mean we got raped.

Beginning started off great, and then Poppy started getting ganked. And when it came to a team battle, Poppy engaged and then ran away because she was low on mana.

And Malph built nothing but Hearts of Gold.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Shamus wrote: »
    And Malph built nothing but Hearts of Gold.

that is so fucking pro i don't even know what to say about it.

i mean really, someone should kick him in the dick for being so pro.

all doran's shield would have been even better.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    DrijenDrijen Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Noooooo! My beautiful TT winning streak was finally destroyed! 9 wins in a row only to lose because of a leaver and a Twisted Fate who spent the whole match complaining in /all that I picked a tanky hero instead of a squishy physical ranged despite me dying less and killing more than he did.

Welp, time to build it back up.

Drijen on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I saw a Janna with 5 Kage's Lucky Picks. At least I think it was a Janna.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Banana-ManBanana-Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm surprised I don't see more Kayle players. Yeah, she doesn't pack the killing power of most other classes, but I've saved so many people's asses with her and my assists are through the roof.

She's pretty cool.

Banana-Man on
    :shock:
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Banana-Man wrote: »
    I'm surprised I don't see more Kayle players. Yeah, she doesn't pack the killing power of most other classes, but I've saved so many people's asses with her and my assists are through the roof.

She's pretty cool.

Same problem that most assist champions have, good luck in solo queues.

In an organized team though, she can be put to good use.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm glad my favorite characters are Mundo, Teemo, and Mordekaiser.

TT is my bitch. 5 games in a row so far.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    MouschiMouschi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    4rch3nemy wrote: »

Heimer is also surprisingly good in TT. His turrets control a much larger percentage of a lane in TT than they do in SR. Much, much larger. A turret in the central bush on the bottom lane covers a huge swath of the territory that isn't covered by either side's tower.

Mouschi on
    1848717-1.png
    Gamertag: Cunning Hekate // League of Legends: FeroxPA
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Mouschi wrote: »
    4rch3nemy wrote: »

Heimer is also surprisingly good in TT. His turrets control a much larger percentage of a lane in TT than they do in SR. Much, much larger. A turret in the central bush on the bottom lane covers a huge swath of the territory that isn't covered by either side's tower.

It seems like he'd be too much of a liability early on though. No stun, mediocre dps early, and not tanky at all.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    No stun? We play the same game?

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well. His stun is sort of a skillshot which... is, in my opinion, basically a half-stun at best.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'd take heimers stun over a single target stun like sions or tarics, it can stun multiple people at a time and even if it misses they're blinded. it may be my favorite stun in the game after veigars

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    FalstaffFalstaff Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bought Shen, like Shen. Can't shake the feeling I should have gone with Mord instead though.

Falstaff on
    Still verbing the adjective noun.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The stun radius is pretty small on his grenade. You could only get a reliable double stun if two heroes were right next to each other and you hit inbetween them.

Yeah, the blind is good though. It probably wins team fights on TT when used well.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Falstaff wrote: »
    Bought Shen, like Shen. Can't shake the feeling I should have gone with Mord instead though.

I dunno, the only good Morde I've ever seen is me. Not trying to be egotistical about it but it seems like Shen's the better champion in almost every situation. Don't fret about your choice, however because you could have done much worse. Also, 3k iP isn't that difficult to acquire. :)

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Holy fucking shit Shen is absolutely devastating in TT. I was just on the receiving end of a Shen/Shaco combo and it just makes that map horrifying. Complete map control with jack in the boxes from Shaco, and Shen can dash through the map and get anywhere in seconds. If he can't get there fast enough blinking around he'll just teleport, where his shield is now much more effective in teamfights. The heal makes returning to base happen only when you want it to while you're dominating the super important neutrals. It was so retarded. If we managed to bring the fully tanked out Shen low enough to nearly die he'd just dash through a wall. If it wasn't that then he'd just shield and kill us. If that was down then he'd just ghost away. It's like he was designed exclusively with this map in mind.

I'm not sure I like what TT is going to do to the metagame. We're going to see a very small pool of disgustingly effective heroes become must-haves, and what should have been a dynamic gank-oriented map will become tanks, traps, and blinks vs. tanks, traps, and blinks. Shen has two of those critical things on top of his global teleport, two shields, taunt, and damage output.

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The only way you can beat a Shen without having a Shen on your own team, in my limited experience, is if Shen's teammates are terrible.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Or if the Shen himself is bad. Yeah, I've played a handful of TT's with Shen now and it's just so easy to watch both my team mates like a mother duck, waiting to intercede if anything goes wrong. At least in SR you have to worry about unseen foes and heavy focus fire.

Looks like I'll only regret my purchase if they nerf him in the next patch.

Falstaff on
  • Options
    ZealotZealot Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If there's anything in this game I hate with a burning passion then it's Ignite.

Maybe I should just use the bloody thing. Everyone else does anyway.

Zealot on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Or, alternatively, roll with cleanse. Cleanse is good.

Falstaff on
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    There are few things more satisfying than escaping with a sliver of health, getting ignited, and then cleansing away the would-be kill and laughing evilly.

Also, I just had possibly my worst team ever - which is saying a lot - and now I'm teamed up as Singed with Teemo, Ashe, and Tristana. Plus Pantheon. I suspect this combination to be less than ideal.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    i want to play some karthus this week. almost every time i see him it makes the game very annoying.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh wonderful, and they won't switch lanes so I'm stuck against Twitch and Jax. Lovely.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Falstaff wrote: »

Morde does have greater pushing and damage potential but Shen's taunt and ult are incredibly useful.

They're both great tanks.

Slicer on