As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] with the Devil

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    hey pods, i'm trying to get the details for the people who want to hang in NYC but won't be in jersey friday night

where are we meeting? preferred restaurant or what?

well I was going to take you to this thai place I took nexus a few years ago, but I can meet you at the path if that's easier for you.

your call. if PATH is out of the way from the restaurant then don't bother, i can usher everyone to where we need to be

i went to school in queens so i know my way around the city a bit, i just want to be able to give people something a little firmer than "we're eating with pods at 1 in manhattan"

what say you?

where is the place?

Well the place is on St. Mark's (east 8th) in east village, off of lafayette/broadway and astor square.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    Some of you may recall that I was really pissed when my platoon was taken from me because we got a new medic who happens to be a sergeant and they gave the platoon to him, reassigning me to work in treatment. At a hospital.

Well we've got one platoon open in another company. It's not the recon platoon, I guess, but it's at least an infantry platoon. Apparently that spot is open because they realized that the guy who's assigned to it now has two months of dwell time left and isn't deploying with the rest of us.

The senior medic for that company walked into the aid station where a bunch of us were bullshitting because that's all there is to do in an aid station and says "Which one of you wants to work for me?"

And I was like ME ME ME OHMIGOD MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I WILL SUCK YOUR DICK PICK ME

So he's like "Well what's your PT score?"

To which I said 320

So

He'll "think about it"

is 320 good?

It means he spelled his name right.

Sarksus on
  • mattsproblemmattsproblem Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I can't believe she actually registered as Mattsproblem.

it was a really, really good idea that was suggested to her

I agree. Many thanks.

mattsproblem on
    DtfqR.jpg
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I do not wish to do any work today

skippydumptruck on
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010

That picture is bullshit

I would never be so safe with a firearm as to keep my finger outside of the trigger well

I roll loco, ese

You'd also have a gangsta grip. Turn that shit sideways 90° for improved accuracy.

Premier kakos on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Well the issue with the Betty Crocker would have been more about the 50's image it had as a housewife staple. That roommate can be a little bit of a silly goose sometimes. But none of the girls could cook before they met me. And I've been teaching one of the other boyfriends quietly on the side.

The good thing about Betty Crocker is that the recipes are easy, cheap, and quick

The problem with Betty Crocker is that it is bland, not especially good, and relies far too much on pre-made ingredients. It often comes down to mixing a packet of this powder with a cup of that powder and the contents of these two cans.

It doesn't really end up teaching good cooking skills or habits I don't think.

I have an Alton Brown cookbook that I think is a pretty great primer and teaches some great basic skills and their rationale.

Is this the origin of all those people in the cooking thread suggesting recipes that use cans of soup as a basic ingredient?

japan on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Word. Admittedly, it's only four hours long, but I'm not looking forward to today.

Quid on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    desc wrote: »
    So, setting Facebook relationship statuses - what people's opinions?

Don't even do it.

i have been in the same relationship for longer than facebook has been in existence AFAIK, so it's a non-issue for me

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    But cute greek girl has super hot greek sister.

Okay, so that's decided then. You're going. Next question you need [chat] to decide?

Awesome, well done. I know I have like zero chance with hot sister but goddamn if I don't try. Also it's a swank bar so I'll get to dress up!

I shall consider my next query for the Oracle of Chat.

Greek girls are pretty hairy

i am just sayin

:winky:

She's pretty damn fit. She also makes jokes about doing it Greek. Which... uh... yeah.

:winky: :winky:

Arch on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    japan wrote: »
    Well the issue with the Betty Crocker would have been more about the 50's image it had as a housewife staple. That roommate can be a little bit of a silly goose sometimes. But none of the girls could cook before they met me. And I've been teaching one of the other boyfriends quietly on the side.

The good thing about Betty Crocker is that the recipes are easy, cheap, and quick

The problem with Betty Crocker is that it is bland, not especially good, and relies far too much on pre-made ingredients. It often comes down to mixing a packet of this powder with a cup of that powder and the contents of these two cans.

I have an Alton Brown cookbook that I think is a pretty great primer and teaches some great basic skills and their rationale.

Is this the origin of all those people in the cooking thread suggesting recipes that use cans of soup as a basic ingredient?

Mmm...chocolate chip soup. Mmm.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Will exists in stasis in between get-togethers.

Were I to win a lotto jackpot, I'd probably spend the first little while (maybe a year or so, depending) going around doing meetups with various internet peoples. See the world, meet some internet pals, enjoy the hell out of life? Sure!

LaOs on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

There is an argument in favor of teaching someone to work from scratch at the beginning. But I think a lot of it is going to depend on your students. Scratch is going to take longer, especially for things like pasta and if they don't have time, then they will lapse back into the same terrible habits. If you can acquire the habit of cooking, then you can always improve from there.

Thomamelas on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010

I agree. Many thanks.

Do you want me to send you my friend's contact info so you can atleast set her up with an interview or something?

JustinSane07 on
    edited March 2010
    LaOs wrote: »

Were I to win a lotto jackpot, I'd probably spend the first little while (maybe a year or so, depending) going around doing meetups with various internet peoples. See the world, meet some internet pals, enjoy the hell out of life? Sure!

Eff that, I would bribe everyone to move to the same city.

Sarksus on
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Quid wrote: »

Word. Admittedly, it's only four hours long, but I'm not looking forward to today.

Work today is already terrible. Nine hours to go!

Thank God I have Friday off. Thanks, Jesus!

stevemarks44 on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Res wrote: »
    Some of you may recall that I was really pissed when my platoon was taken from me because we got a new medic who happens to be a sergeant and they gave the platoon to him, reassigning me to work in treatment. At a hospital.

Well we've got one platoon open in another company. It's not the recon platoon, I guess, but it's at least an infantry platoon. Apparently that spot is open because they realized that the guy who's assigned to it now has two months of dwell time left and isn't deploying with the rest of us.

The senior medic for that company walked into the aid station where a bunch of us were bullshitting because that's all there is to do in an aid station and says "Which one of you wants to work for me?"

And I was like ME ME ME OHMIGOD MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I WILL SUCK YOUR DICK PICK ME

So he's like "Well what's your PT score?"

To which I said 320

So

He'll "think about it"

is 320 good?

It's off the goddamn charts.

Literally. The maximum score you can get is a 300.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Quid wrote: »

it is caesar chavez day dammit :(

I should be eating grapes at home

skippydumptruck on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    edited March 2010

Don't even do it.

i have been in the same relationship for longer than facebook has been in existence AFAIK, so it's a non-issue for me

Facebook started in 2003-4ish. I remember signing up as a junior in college when it was only open to anyone with a .edu e-mail.

JustinSane07 on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Wait whos Matts problem

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited March 2010

Okay, so that's decided then. You're going. Next question you need [chat] to decide?

Awesome, well done. I know I have like zero chance with hot sister but goddamn if I don't try. Also it's a swank bar so I'll get to dress up!

i am just sayin

I knew a Lesbian that was pretty hot. I should have asked her out.

Premier kakos on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010

c...cryotank

ssssoooo

ccccccoooolllldd

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I guess. I will admit that I use pre-made stocks pretty much whenever I'm cooking. I just don't use enough of it to justify actually making up batches of stock.

Thomamelas on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    All the greek girls I knew had some hair but hot damn they could cook

Zen Vulgarity on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Okay I feel good about today. I went for a walk in the park while it was sunny. I forgot how much of a toll being fully nocturnal takes on your mood. An afternoon outside on a warm, sunny day does fucking wonders for your mood.

Also I decided to start cooking again, and that is always a good investment of time.

Nocturne on
    edited March 2010
    Wait whos Matts problem

His wife.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2010

Me too!

I probably will do a little bit though, to maintain my air of productivity.

LaOs on
    edited March 2010

Don't even do it.

Facebook started in 2003-4ish. I remember signing up as a junior in college when it was only open to anyone with a .edu e-mail.

and those were the days right brother?

Arch on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dude going outside in the sun is the best thing. I like walking around lakes specifically.

My buddy and I found some awesome little lake in Berkeley last week. It was good times.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    edited March 2010
    Oh

Hahaha

That makes sense.

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited March 2010

Don't even do it.

and those were the days right brother?

Yes, yes they were.

Especially when I heard my RA say "Who the hell is <my name>?" through her door when I walked past.

JustinSane07 on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I guess. I will admit that I use pre-made stocks pretty much whenever I'm cooking. I just don't use enough of it to justify actually making up batches of stock.

I don't mean stock, I mean literally cans of soup. Like, a pasta bake will use a can of Campbells cream of mushroom as the sauce. Pre made stock I can understand.

japan on
    edited March 2010
    Wait whos Matts problem

Well, we have one forumer named "Matt has a problem"... figure the rest out.

Premier kakos on
    edited March 2010
    oh damnit

guys remember the whole atheist symbol discussion from yesterday?

turns out a few people i know on facebook have it as their profile picture and I just now noticed

Arch on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Okay I feel good about today. I went for a walk in the park while it was sunny. I forgot how much of a toll being fully nocturnal takes on your mood. An afternoon outside on a warm, sunny day does fucking wonders for your mood.

Also I decided to start cooking again, and that is always a good investment of time.

I hear you. I forget how much I miss the sun until its a nice day outside.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited March 2010
    LaOs wrote: »

Eff that, I would bribe everyone to move to the same city.

But then I don't get to see the world and it would probably cost more.

You'd totally be one of those Lotto Bums--blew all the money in the first year and now work at the local Chevron.

LaOs on
  • mattsproblemmattsproblem Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I agree. Many thanks.

Do you want me to send you my friend's contact info so you can atleast set her up with an interview or something?

I don't really have any power over setting up interviews since it would be in a different office, but all our open IT positions are on our website and I can put in a good word for her with Recruiting.

mattsproblem on
    DtfqR.jpg
    edited March 2010

i am just sayin

I knew a Lesbian that was pretty hot. I should have asked her out.

Hmm.

JustinSane07 on
    edited March 2010
    Wait whos Matts problem

mattsproblem is matthasaproblem's problem.

LaOs on
    edited March 2010
    oh damnit

guys remember the whole atheist symbol discussion from yesterday?

turns out a few people i know on facebook have it as their profile picture and I just now noticed

Wait, which one? The brights thing or the red A?

Sarksus on
This discussion has been closed.