As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] with the Devil

• JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Oh, the red A means adultery? That's hilarious.

Haven't you ever read The Scarlet Letter?

I watched the Wishbone episode when I was a kid.

Good enough.

I watched the PBS movie in english class.

JustinSane07 on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I guess. I will admit that I use pre-made stocks pretty much whenever I'm cooking. I just don't use enough of it to justify actually making up batches of stock.

I made a large quantity of concentrated turkey stock from the carcass last thanksgiving, but it went rancid in the freezer. it was disgusting.

i haven't had good luck with trying to freeze stock. it just doesn't last that long.

I'm f'ing terrible with leftovers, part because we have a really tiny fridge, part because my wife and I just never eat the damn things.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Kakos will molest your husband regardless of my niceties or lack thereof.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey, mattsproblem, you should add me as a friend on Facebook. I'm "Turing Eret".

Premier kakos on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »

But it tastes rank.

And it's really not that much more difficult to make a white sauce and cook some mushrooms.

Cost, time, and dishes though. I mean when you worked 8 hours and just want to eat something, you cut some corners.

Tastes fine to me, hell I'll sometimes eat it by itself with crackers.

timewise I don't think it adds that much; cost-wise, I can't believe that a few mushrooms some onion some garlic flour butter and milk costs significantly more than canned soup. I'll give you dishes, I guess.

I just really don't like canned soup, and it's never been part of my cooking technique to include them in anything - it seems to be a US thing.

BobCesca on
    edited March 2010

Especially if he looks like matthas. Have you seen that guy? The man is like 100% USDA Prime Choice Beefcake.

Premier kakos on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Discover Card
    Current Balance $0.00

YESSSSSSSSSSS

skippydumptruck on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I know about The Scarlet Letter from the Tailor Swift song.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Should it be something like a winged lion devouring Christians in the Colosseum or something.

Actually I would prefer for there not to be a symbol since atheism isn't really a thing. I associate it very strongly with a lack of a thing.

some people use an empty circle as a symbol for atheism.

i like it better than that A or that lame "Brights" thing.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited March 2010

I was talking to Matt and his Problem on friday night when Kakos suddenly appeared at Matt's side. In a blink of an eye, they were lip locked while his Problem looked horrified.

JustinSane07 on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Discover Card
    Current Balance $0.00

YESSSSSSSSSSS

Nicely done sir.

firewaterword on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I guess. I will admit that I use pre-made stocks pretty much whenever I'm cooking. I just don't use enough of it to justify actually making up batches of stock.

I made a large quantity of concentrated turkey stock from the carcass last thanksgiving, but it went rancid in the freezer. it was disgusting.

i haven't had good luck with trying to freeze stock. it just doesn't last that long.

When I was younger and cooking for my family I would make batches of stock, but it would get used up.
    Cost, time, and dishes though. I mean when you worked 8 hours and just want to eat something, you cut some corners.

It really does fall into the niche of "I really don't have more then 10 minutes" recipes. And I'm wondering if we're running into one of the issues where the same item is made with a different recipe in different places.

Thomamelas on
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I know I don't have much clout here, but I'd like nothing more than to not discuss the merits of Atheism in this chat.

stevemarks44 on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    How about a picture of stalin?

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010

Especially if he looks like matthas. Have you seen that guy? The man is like 100% USDA Prime Choice Beefcake.

and he was an omeganaut

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I cooked some tilapia and rice just a few minutes ago.

It was delicious. I used some various oils and spices for the tilapia. I pretty much just improv with stuff like that but I have enough common sense to make it tasty, at least for someone who rarely cooks.

Nocturne on
    edited March 2010

I was talking to Matt and his Problem on friday night when Kakos suddenly appeared at Matt's side. In a blink of an eye, they were lip locked while his Problem looked horrified.

I'm like the mother fucking Alien of making out and humping people.

Premier kakos on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Should it be something like a winged lion devouring Christians in the Colosseum or something.

Actually I would prefer for there not to be a symbol since atheism isn't really a thing. I associate it very strongly with a lack of a thing.

i like that a LOT actually

OH HEY SKIPPY did you hear about my new tattoo idea?

Arch on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Athiest circlejerks

Zen Vulgarity on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm arguing with someone over whether WBC has the right to protest at soldiers' funerals

It's really obvious they want to flip out on me but at the same time they're punctuating everything they say with shit like "You're a hero!!!" and "God bless you!!!"

It's actually really funny

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Arch wrote: »

i like that a LOT actually

scantily clad lady who dances when you wiggle?

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • mattsproblemmattsproblem Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Sigh. Does that mean Kakos is my problem then?

mattsproblem on
    DtfqR.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I know I don't have much clout here, but I'd like nothing more than to not discuss the merits of Atheism in this chat.

Atheism is awesome.

We get our own drink and a secret menu at Taco Bell.

Sarksus on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Teenager did a backyard abortion on herself!

I'm watching House. Betting this is the answer.

electricitylikesme on
    edited March 2010

a daring conversational gambit.

bold move sir!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited March 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »

It was delicious. I used some various oils and spices for the tilapia. I pretty much just improv with stuff like that but I have enough common sense to make it tasty, at least for someone who rarely cooks.

This gigantic Mexican Safeway thing just opened by me, and they're selling awesome tilapia for next to nothing.

You could literally recreate a cow based on what they sell in the meat department. It's so fantastic.

firewaterword on
    edited March 2010

And ever other married woman's

Zen Vulgarity on
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »

Tilapia is a great cheap fish to cook. Little fun fact, Tilapia takes on the taste of whatever water it has been swimming in. It's the only fish I tend to look for that's been wild caught or farmed in a really highly sanitized farm, because if you get tilapia from a place that it's been kept in dirty water, all you're going to taste is dirty water.

stevemarks44 on
    edited March 2010
    Oh, Arch! So, Bama, AsianDeadpanMatt, and I were discussing the food industry in the Pokemon universe and I posed a question. Do you think vegans would be comfortable eating plant-type Pokemon?

Premier kakos on
    edited March 2010

Atheism is awesome.

what?

oh wait i am agnostic

i dont count

Arch on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

It really does fall into the niche of "I really don't have more then 10 minutes" recipes. And I'm wondering if we're running into one of the issues where the same item is made with a different recipe in different places.

Honestly I use cream of mushroom with a couple meals because it tastes fine to me and I'd rather not spend the time making the base dirtying the dishes. I guess I'm just not enough of a foodie to give a shit either way. If that makes me low class fuck it I'm an american white male living in the suburbs I'm a walking cliche already.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited March 2010
    Res wrote: »
    I'm arguing with someone over whether WBC has the right to protest at soldiers' funerals

It's really obvious they want to flip out on me but at the same time they're punctuating everything they say with shit like "You're a hero!!!" and "God bless you!!!"

Dude, I told you this months ago. Crazy right-wing people can't argue with you because you're a soldier!

Sarksus on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

He's really all of our problems.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2010
    I am struck by the irony of the champions of proper cooking technique and style in this thread both being Scottish.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited March 2010
    Res wrote: »

WBC has the right to protest.

They also have the right to be jeered at for doing so though.

JustinSane07 on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

no what is it?

my wife got another tattoo this past weekend

an airplane with little skulls on it, like the little airplanes in my giant robot tattoo

because she tried to shoot my idea down

skippydumptruck on
    edited March 2010

Atheism is awesome.

what?

oh wait i am agnostic

i dont count

Don't worry, unless you're a theistic agnostic I consider you an atheistic agnostic and you're in the club.

Sarksus on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Agnostics think that there might not be a secret food menu at taco bell, but they don't think we can ever know.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited March 2010
    Oh, Arch! So, Bama, AsianDeadpanMatt, and I were discussing the food industry in the Pokemon universe and I posed a question. Do you think vegans would be comfortable eating plant-type Pokemon?

oh god...i

i dont think so

technically they are animals combined with plants- in most cases
    tumblr_kvk49tKoFs1qzv9mh

Arch on
    edited March 2010

I'm pretty much everyone's problem.

Premier kakos on
This discussion has been closed.