As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hates, Happies, Hopes and Horses

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    Loool at our weekly being raz and people requiring a 4800 GS.

A few weeks ago it was Noth people wanted the Gs score of 5k+ and the achievement for all of Naxx and this was on my rogue

Brainleech on
  • GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Gnutson wrote: »
    Hate - Malygos is the weekly.. Always such a hassle finding groups for that.

Well it could be worse last week was Lord Jaraxxus this week is Lord Marrowgarr both fine choices from Blizzard as a random weekly

Well couple it with working late tonight and my parents in town tomorrow night for the long weekend which means I'll be looking for a group Monday night.. you know with all the people that tried and failed half a dozen times during the week.

It's like monday night VoA's, never will you see a more wretched hive of scum and villany.

I REALLY hope I get home early enough tongiht to get it done.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I guess finishing the fight in 15 seconds and waiting 4 hours is more (because the people with 5k GS won't be going in that one) as opposed to killing him in 30 seconds after filling the group in about 1 minute.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Charus wrote: »
    Hate: Emerald Dream is down! Again!

How long did it take to come back up? I gave up after 15 minutes :/

orthancstone on
    PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • martinimartini Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hope: our guild is trying a 25-man ICC for the first time this weekend. Not sure how it will go with Easter, etc. but hoping for good things.

HATE: I completely forgot about the run, and (since it's never been an issue before) got my main character (dps) locked to an ICC-25 last night. No loot, only killed 2 bosses, and as soon as it broke up, I suddenly remembered about the Sunday raid. :( I feel like the biggest asshole.

Hope x2: that the RL forgives me, and that I can gear up my alt healer geared enough so that I can help out. And that I never do something so stupid again.

martini on
    I raised the wall. And I will be the one to knock it down.
  • PitaParkerPitaParker Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Level 80 day number two on my DK. Already farmed 75 badges. New tanking helm.
    Confused: A hunter rolled need on the black heart against me! why?

PitaParker on
  • CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Charus wrote: »
    Hate: Emerald Dream is down! Again!

How long did it take to come back up? I gave up after 15 minutes :/

Not long after you gave up. It lagged out on us once more in the middle of Lana'thel, which was awesome, but didn't crash on us again during our 25-man.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    PitaParker wrote: »

It's a huntard thing... and it's because they can.

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: I kinda want to start raiding again. But unless I'm in a raid with a bunch of friends, I end up just worrying the whole time that I'm not keeping up and wasting peoples time. It's weird.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Asked to go from officer/raid leader/cat herder to regular raider and got it.

Hope: I can stay in that position until at least Cata raiding.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • JadedJaded Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Hate: I kinda want to start raiding again. But unless I'm in a raid with a bunch of friends, I end up just worrying the whole time that I'm not keeping up and wasting peoples time. It's weird.

I know exactly how you feel, but I am that way even with guildies.
    After this weeks ToGC10 attempts one of them pulled me aside, helped me set up a castSequence macro for my little DK and tossed some advice on gear and spec...
    Went to the training dummy and upped my DPS from the raid recount by 400, unbuffed.
    Went to TOC25 yesterday and pulled just shy of 5k for my scrub Blood DPS spec.

Edit: In case anyone asks, 4600gs
    Fuck I hate GS

Jaded on
    I can't think of anything clever.
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm that way with guild runs, too! Like, unless more than 50% of the people in the raid are my friends, or people I play with a lot, I just can't get comfortable with my performance in the raid. Even if it's as good as I can possibly do with my current gear level on a specific fight.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2010
    Neyla wrote: »

It's a black heart thing... and it's because they can.

Fixed.

I've seen a mage roll need on it.. It's like the holy grail of loot.

Gnutson on
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Fixed.

Really? I thought mages couldn't roll on it....

heh damn

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: F@#^$$@##@ Abyssal Rune!

okay, I feel better now

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Tyberius wrote: »
    drhazard wrote: »
    Happy: Toravon dropped both priest gloves in 25man, and I was the only priest! YEEES

Your luck just gave me a headache. RAAAAGE!

If it's any consolation, Rawr thinks adding those plus the Lunar Purified Dust means I need to regem almost all my crap. :(

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
    edited March 2010

Fixed.

heh damn

Sure can, I've even rolled on my lock as a joke.

Gnutson on
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I still assert that the black heart is a myth.

Hate: My druid and weren't around for brewfest last year and I really wish I had one of those trinkets on them.

Happy: Started a fresh ICC 25 last night.

Hate: Skipped Rot and Fester and went to BQL again. Even with the 10% increase in damage we could only get her to 16% at enrage. Too many people are going down during the air phase. It's really hard to tell what people are doing, but I know they aren't spreading out enough and we can't get enough bites off on our dps to kill her.

Hope: People learn to get spread out all the way to the walls and let the healers have more of the middle so we can do our job.

RedDawn on
    edited March 2010
    BQL's 2nd air phase can suck a dick.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    A guildie in our run has an addon that spits out a post-mortem of who had the most shared bloodbolts, I'll see if I can find out which one he uses (it does other ones too, like who stepped in Defile the most, etc). Pretty sure it's not failbot.

As far as air phases go, I also am pretty sure for the first one we just heal it, but we also have a lot of druids (at least 2 ferals and a oomkin in our 25s), and they are spreadout to help with tranq on the second air phase.

Nobody on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    korodullin wrote: »
    Happy: Hit 80 on my Priest.

Annoyed: My first random heroic (Drak'tharon) was made pretty crappy by our Hunter and DK tank. DK's in almost entirely ilvl 200-219 stuff and insists on pulling like he's in ICC25 gear. Four packs of mobs at once disabuses him of that notion pretty quickly and the Hunter starts giving me shit for us wiping, all the while going on about how awesome his 77 DK tanks (it even has a unique spec guys!). The DK then groans and complains that he's gotta pull less stuff so he can "carry the healer" and I never hear the end of it through the whole run; the rest of which went smoothly, by the way, without anyone else coming close to dying.

At the end I curtly apologized for not dinging 80 with 3000 spellpower, 40% crit, and 30,000 mana, and left.

Jesus, how much money do you have?

What? About 3k on my Rogue and 1.5 on my Priest.

I "apologized" for not having every piece of BiS gear the instant I dinged 80. I was being sarcastic with them.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • EnderEnder Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    TheTish wrote: »
    Samphis wrote: »
    Ecstatic: 10% Icecrown Buff is live!

Furious Hatred: The elitists whining about it. Oh no! Scrubs will now be downing LK!

I'm just kinda pissed that it happened to go in this week.

On my server, my guild is currently the furthest progressed, and has been for most of WotLK. And even though we are the top guild, we maintain a very low key, humble attitude. I think we realize that we're not anywhere near doing any world firsts, so there's no point in spouting off about our accomplishments. The second guild in progression had a brief time of being the top guild during T9 content, and were very vocal silly geese regarding that fact. Even still, the trolls in their guild are very vocal in the trade channel and forums with their claims of being #1.

Now for the worrisome part. The second progressed guild finally downed LK25 last week, so they finally have access to 25 man hard modes this coming week. This week also happens to be when a large number of my guildies are going to Vegas to hang out, so our raid schedule is going to be thrown all out of whack and possibly put on hold due to not having people to fill the raid. It's questionable whether we will be able to really work at any new hard modes this week at all. Meanwhile, the other guild is going to have the advantage of raiding all week with 5% larger buff than we had over the past few weeks. I can just imagine them pulling ahead of our progression and spouting off about how great they think they are.

Silly silly geese i tell you.

I dunno... I hope that I'm worried for nothing.

Who the hell's second on our server? Cataclysm?

Buncha fucking scrubs. Not a lot of concern they'll get very far in hard modes.

Ender on
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Hit 80 on my Priest.

Annoyed: My first random heroic (Drak'tharon) was made pretty crappy by our Hunter and DK tank. DK's in almost entirely ilvl 200-219 stuff and insists on pulling like he's in ICC25 gear. Four packs of mobs at once disabuses him of that notion pretty quickly and the Hunter starts giving me shit for us wiping, all the while going on about how awesome his 77 DK tanks (it even has a unique spec guys!). The DK then groans and complains that he's gotta pull less stuff so he can "carry the healer" and I never hear the end of it through the whole run; the rest of which went smoothly, by the way, without anyone else coming close to dying.

At the end I curtly apologized for not dinging 80 with 3000 spellpower, 40% crit, and 30,000 mana, and left.

Jesus, how much money do you have?

What? About 3k on my Rogue and 1.5 on my Priest.

I "apologized" for not having every piece of BiS gear the instant I dinged 80. I was being sarcastic with them.

Ohhhh I thought you had said you did have all of that, my bad. It did seem a little weird.

bowen on
  • ExistentialSoundandFuryExistentialSoundandFury Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    HAPPY: Rotface has finally fallen! The last 5% was absolute horror as a Big Ooze just plowed right into the raid group. Between Divine Guardian as well as spam healing from our healers we managed to get through that as this Ooze just came over to chill with us.

ExistentialSoundandFury on
    399831.jpg
  • XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Amusing: In a pug working on my rogue the other night, and we're at the beginning buffing out. The mage, out of nowhere, says "Are you in the military?" I assumed he wasn't talking to me, then he's like "Rogue, are you really a First Sergeant IRL?" Then I realized I had been using the title you got from way back in Vanilla for PvPing a little bit.

XArchangelX on
    Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Loool at our weekly being raz and people requiring a 4800 GS.

A few weeks ago it was Noth people wanted the Gs score of 5k+ and the achievement for all of Naxx and this was on my rogue

I've been doing my part to discourage this behavior on my server. Last week's weekly was Noth, so I decided to get it done on all my characters. When I was on my DK tank and saw someone looking for certain roles for it, I think he also wanted GS. Anyway, he wanted a tank, so I whispered him and told him I'd tank. He sent me an invite and immediately asked me what my GS was. I told him it really didn't matter (my DK is somewhere around 5050 I believe, I don't have GS but some friends of mine told me what mine was a little while ago.) The raid leader didn't push the issue (after commenting something about just wanting to make sure they didn't have scrubs or some shit), but since I was in the raid at that point, it might've just been because he could see my HP.

Yeah, a 38k unbuffed HP tank just *might* be sufficient for fucking 10-man Noth. Amusingly, that raid started out with a wave of fail. I pulled the first pack inside the entry way, had to ghouls stuck to me like glue, but of course you can't *really* tank the slimes. We lost half the raid because no one was running away from the very slow moving slimes, this was including ranged classes. /facepalm Finished the pull though.

Dranyth on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    There is a solution all healers have when dealing with irritating tanks.

and that would be let them die?
    It's fun to make it look like it was bad crit from a mob/boss and then have someone else tank the boss

A few months ago on my paladin when the death knight who was the tank complained about my holy gear it was fun to let them die and kill the mob myself

See Mr Tank? You aren't indispensable.

hate/happy/kind of funny: Yes that goes for you too Mr Holy Priest who after winning the shoulders from Bronjam then pulls the trash to the left of the back of his room while I'm pulling the pair of guards then drops group.

It's okay though. Only one person died, and that's because I didn't know he'd pulled that pack until his death. I ran back and picked up that pack, while the one dps who'd gone to the initial pull with me finished off the skelly guards. Popped AoD so the hunter and my ghouls could eat the teleporting shade then tanked the rest of the of mobs down with pro blood tank self healing.

Really the only inconvenience the ditching healer caused was us having wait while the new guy who got brought in within seconds had to to hoof it to the end of the level.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Fixed.

heh damn

Is that thing as insane for PvP as it looks?

jackal on
  • XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    There is a solution all healers have when dealing with irritating tanks.

and that would be let them die?
    It's fun to make it look like it was bad crit from a mob/boss and then have someone else tank the boss

A few months ago on my paladin when the death knight who was the tank complained about my holy gear it was fun to let them die and kill the mob myself

See Mr Tank? You aren't indispensable.

hate/happy/kind of funny: Yes that goes for you too Mr Holy Priest who after winning the shoulders from Bronjam then pulls the trash to the left of the back of his room while I'm pulling the pair of guards then drops group.

It's okay though. Only one person died, and that's because I didn't know he'd pulled that pack until his death. I ran back and picked up that pack, while the one dps who'd gone to the initial pull with me finished off the skelly guards. Popped AoD so the hunter and my ghouls could eat the teleporting shade then tanked the rest of the of mobs down with pro blood tank self healing.

Really the only inconvenience the ditching healer caused was us having wait while the new guy who got brought in within seconds had to to hoof it to the end of the level.

I am not sure if this is a fluke, but I have noticed the last couple nights that when I zoned into a half-finished instance, I was right on top of the group, in one case 3 pulls from the last boss in UK. Was that something I didn't notice in the patch notes? Great change.

XArchangelX on
    Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Guild's first 25-man ICC last night. Yay!

FROTHING, SEARING HATRED: Three spores in melee and everyone just stands there? Really? Really?

Salvation122 on
    edited March 2010
    Pft, you can tank those slimes with 27,000 hps. They're untauntable, but you can build lots of threat on them and they hit like wet noodles with naxx25+ gear.

bowen on
  • formatformat Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I am not sure if this is a fluke, but I have noticed the last couple nights that when I zoned into a half-finished instance, I was right on top of the group, in one case 3 pulls from the last boss in UK. Was that something I didn't notice in the patch notes? Great change.

Yeah this is new, but some times it does not work. Probably just a bug as to why it does not work, some code interfering. Imagine how bad it would be to zone into Occ only to find the party is on dragons and you get ported to the group and fall to the death.

format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Pft, you can tank those slimes with 27,000 hps. They're untauntable, but you can build lots of threat on them and they hit like wet noodles with naxx25+ gear.

There has to be something to them, because if they just built threat normally, they never would've pulled off of me in the first place.

Dranyth on
    edited March 2010
    Dranyth wrote: »

There has to be something to them, because if they just built threat normally, they never would've pulled off of me in the first place.

I wonder if they were changed at some point.

bowen on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    format wrote: »

Yeah this is new, but some times it does not work. Probably just a bug as to why it does not work, some code interfering. Imagine how bad it would be to zone into Occ only to find the party is on dragons and you get ported to the group and fall to the death.

That would be a pretty awesome repair bill, actually.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited March 2010
    The first time. After death #2, it would be bad, really bad.

bowen on
  • OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: Well, I'm pretty demoralized about getting into raiding. I spent the entire day looking for the weekly raid and no dice. Pulling 6K DPS in heroics should be enough for entry raids, right?

OldSlacker on
    edited March 2010
    Hate: Well, I'm pretty demoralized about getting into raiding. I spent the entire day looking for the weekly raid and no dice. Pulling 6K DPS in heroics should be enough for entry raids, right?

Pulling 6k is enough to get you into ICC.

bowen on
  • ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, 6k dps is pretty high. Try posting on your realm forums - most high-end raid guild's administration operates outside of the game.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    HATE: Just got kicked out of a VoA25 for no reason before they started pulling Trash. Raid Leader claims it was one of the people he gave assist to. Probably one of the other two locks in the raid to cull loot competition. Or since both of the others were Destro the one with assist thought "Demo sucks!" /boot

Happy: Did ICC25 earlier and one shotted our way past the opening four and Rotface/Festorgut. Princes and Dreamweaver on sunday. Yay 10% buff.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
This discussion has been closed.