As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] with the Devil

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    I cooked some tilapia and rice just a few minutes ago.

It was delicious. I used some various oils and spices for the tilapia. I pretty much just improv with stuff like that but I have enough common sense to make it tasty, at least for someone who rarely cooks.

Tilapia is a great cheap fish to cook. Little fun fact, Tilapia takes on the taste of whatever water it has been swimming in. It's the only fish I tend to look for that's been wild caught or farmed in a really highly sanitized farm, because if you get tilapia from a place that it's been kept in dirty water, all you're going to taste is dirty water.

I want my tilapia swimming in bourbon and cigars then!

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    That picture horrifies me in the same way that Tycho is horrified in today's comic.

JustinSane07 on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I know I don't have much clout here, but I'd like nothing more than to not discuss the merits of Atheism in this chat.

Atheism is awesome.

We get our own drink and a secret menu at Taco Bell.
    Liar. That's breast men. And I doubt anyone's ever said "Thank no-god for breasts." Thus, proof of god's existence.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    OH HEY SKIPPY did you hear about my new tattoo idea?

no what is it?

my wife got another tattoo this past weekend

an airplane with little skulls on it, like the little airplanes in my giant robot tattoo

because she tried to shoot my idea down

imagine this image
    c-atom_e.gif
    but without the notions (like +, -, etc)

Arch on
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Wait whos Matts problem

Well, we have one forumer named "Matt has a problem"... figure the rest out.

Hi Kakos! Fuck you, Mr. Snarky!

Hey now. Be nice. If you're mean he might molest my husband again.

Might?

LaOs on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Res wrote: »
    I'm arguing with someone over whether WBC has the right to protest at soldiers' funerals

It's really obvious they want to flip out on me but at the same time they're punctuating everything they say with shit like "You're a hero!!!" and "God bless you!!!"

It's actually really funny

WBC has the right to protest.

They also have the right to be jeered at for doing so though.

Pretty much my argument

Thank you for reaffirming my thoughts on this matter

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mattsproblemmattsproblem Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I guess. I will admit that I use pre-made stocks pretty much whenever I'm cooking. I just don't use enough of it to justify actually making up batches of stock.

I made a large quantity of concentrated turkey stock from the carcass last thanksgiving, but it went rancid in the freezer. it was disgusting.

i haven't had good luck with trying to freeze stock. it just doesn't last that long.
    You might need to adjust your freezer temp. Stock shouldn't go rancid in the freezer in just a few months. Believe me, I've still got roughly ten quarts of the stuff in ours.

mattsproblem on
    DtfqR.jpg
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

It really does fall into the niche of "I really don't have more then 10 minutes" recipes. And I'm wondering if we're running into one of the issues where the same item is made with a different recipe in different places.

Honestly I use cream of mushroom with a couple meals because it tastes fine to me and I'd rather not spend the time making the base dirtying the dishes. I guess I'm just not enough of a foodie to give a shit either way. If that makes me low class fuck it I'm an american white male living in the suburbs I'm a walking cliche already.

You seem to be unusually defensive about this.

japan on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh, Arch! So, Bama, AsianDeadpanMatt, and I were discussing the food industry in the Pokemon universe and I posed a question. Do you think vegans would be comfortable eating plant-type Pokemon?

oh god...i

i dont think so

technically they are animals combined with plants- in most cases
    tumblr_kvk49tKoFs1qzv9mh

That's horrifying.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

no what is it?

an airplane with little skulls on it, like the little airplanes in my giant robot tattoo

imagine this image
    c-atom_e.gif

make sure to go to someone good

it is really hard to do parallel lines / concentric circles

skippydumptruck on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

It really does fall into the niche of "I really don't have more then 10 minutes" recipes. And I'm wondering if we're running into one of the issues where the same item is made with a different recipe in different places.

Honestly I use cream of mushroom with a couple meals because it tastes fine to me and I'd rather not spend the time making the base dirtying the dishes. I guess I'm just not enough of a foodie to give a shit either way. If that makes me low class fuck it I'm an american white male living in the suburbs I'm a walking cliche already.

I don't use it but that is more because I don't really like cream based sauces and so I don't tend to work with them very much.
    I am struck by the irony of the champions of proper cooking technique and style in this thread both being Scottish.

Well they are aware of the horrible things man can do to food. It's like a Veteran becoming an anti-war protester.

Thomamelas on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I am struck by the irony of the champions of proper cooking technique and style in this thread both being Scottish.

I'm not Scottish.

Also, I really do think it's a cultural thing. British cooking tends not to use cans of pre-made stuff, or, at least, not the cooking I've ever done (except for that horrible book Delia brought out a coupke of years ago)

BobCesca on
    edited March 2010
    I guess. I will admit that I use pre-made stocks pretty much whenever I'm cooking. I just don't use enough of it to justify actually making up batches of stock.

I made a large quantity of concentrated turkey stock from the carcass last thanksgiving, but it went rancid in the freezer. it was disgusting.

i haven't had good luck with trying to freeze stock. it just doesn't last that long.
    You might need to adjust your freezer temp. Stock shouldn't go rancid in the freezer in just a few months. Believe me, I've still got roughly ten quarts of the stuff in ours.

HAY I LIKE YOUR AV IT IS REAL CUTE

skippydumptruck on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I know I don't have much clout here, but I'd like nothing more than to not discuss the merits of Atheism in this chat.

Atheism is awesome.

We get our own drink and a secret menu at Taco Bell.
    Liar. That's breast men. And I doubt anyone's ever said "Thank no-god for breasts." Thus, proof of god's existence.

No we brow-beat the breast-men until they relented and took their stuff.

Sarksus on
    edited March 2010

no what is it?

imagine this image
    c-atom_e.gif

Arch is evolving!

Arch has become MEGA NERD!

JustinSane07 on
    edited March 2010

no what is it?

imagine this image
    c-atom_e.gif

make sure to go to someone good

it is really hard to do parallel lines / concentric circles

i don't know where (physically on me) i would get it though

also dont know if i want a tat

Arch on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm not a fan of plants growing into living things. I'm pretty sure I've had that nightmare.

electricitylikesme on
    edited March 2010
    I'm not a fan of plants growing into living things. I'm pretty sure I've had that nightmare.

i'm pretty sure that movie is called the ruins

Arch on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm arguing with someone over whether WBC has the right to protest at soldiers' funerals

It's really obvious they want to flip out on me but at the same time they're punctuating everything they say with shit like "You're a hero!!!" and "God bless you!!!"

Pretty much my argument

they should just increase the legal distance they have to be away from the actual funeral.

to about 23 miles.

Dunadan019 on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010

you are living the dream preach

but yeah you need to save your energy so that you can mow the lawn and shit

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited March 2010

anywhere would work for something round like that

smaller, on the forearm

bigger, on the chest, stomach, side, back

back of calf

etc etc

skippydumptruck on
    edited March 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

Pretty much my argument

they should just increase the legal distance they have to be away from the actual funeral.

to about 23 miles.

You can't remove someone from public property just because they disagree with you about something.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010

Mythbusters tested a theory of using bamboo as a torture device. Like, is your skin stronger than the growing power of bamboo?

Results were not pretty. It grew right through their simulade like it wasn't even there.

And quickly. Like in a day, it had already pierced the skin.

JustinSane07 on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    we went to a japanese restaurant sunday night and suddenly will was effluent and well-versed on japanese history, culture, and etiquette as it pertains to a communal meal

i half expected him to order for the table in fluent japanese

Organichu on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Oh, Arch! So, Bama, AsianDeadpanMatt, and I were discussing the food industry in the Pokemon universe and I posed a question. Do you think vegans would be comfortable eating plant-type Pokemon?

oh god...i

i dont think so

tumblr_kvk49tKoFs1qzv9mh

is this canonical arch?

is it pokecanonical?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    God April 1st. You can't read the news on April 1st. Goes double for science-types, since we get all excited at implausible things being vaguely plausibly reported.

Slashdot is ten times as unreadable on April 1st.

And it has been completely unreadable for at least eight years, so that's something special.

Echo on
  • mattsproblemmattsproblem Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I aim to please.

mattsproblem on
    DtfqR.jpg
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010

Mythbusters tested a theory of using bamboo as a torture device. Like, is your skin stronger than the growing power of bamboo?

Results were not pretty. It grew right through their simulade like it wasn't even there.

Mythbusters is the opposite of proof.

_J_ on
    edited March 2010

anywhere would work for something round like that

smaller, on the forearm

bigger, on the chest, stomach, side, back

back of calf

etc etc

well my thing with tattoos (if i get them) is that i want to incorporate my scars into them

and i don't know which one would work, seeing as the one near my heart would be spoken for

Arch on
    edited March 2010
    I'm still trying to figure out why you think I'm a closet weeaboo, Organ.

JustinSane07 on
    edited March 2010

oh god...i

i dont think so

tumblr_kvk49tKoFs1qzv9mh

is this canonical arch?

is it pokecanonical?

i have no fucking clue but it makes sense to me

Arch on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

you are living the dream preach

but yeah you need to save your energy so that you can mow the lawn and shit

Nah I live in a condo no lawn to mow. Though I apparently got signed up to clean the gutters (I'm a top floor unit so doing this prevents water from leaking into my unit).

I am defensive about using it as a base ingrediant, because I swear the tone I'm taking from the posts is "Oh thats what low people do." Honestly I don't even know how to do the base and could care less to learn. Chat tends to treat home prepared meals like if you didn't do it by scratch its like you just made a tv dinner.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    will was effluent

I feel like this is a technically correct, but unfamiliar use of this word.

japan on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    we went to a japanese restaurant sunday night and suddenly will was effluent and well-versed on japanese history, culture, and etiquette as it pertains to a communal meal

i half expected him to order for the table in fluent japanese

will's weeabooism is his cross to bear. No need to make it public.

Also, I'm going to the bank grabbin' some lunch and mayhaps the liquor store.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited March 2010

I aim to please.

Still not as cute as hedgehog playing with a toy truck

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

566246-bellossom_super.jpg

Zen Vulgarity on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

Pretty much my argument

to about 23 miles.

You can't remove someone from public property just because they disagree with you about something.

I wouldn't characterize it so much as protest as malicious harassment. It's a freaking funeral, not a political rally.

Sarksus on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    I'm still trying to figure out why you think I'm a closet weeaboo, Organ.

just bustin' your balls

i did initially think it, though, when i first saw you with bags full of stuff

then you told me it was more general geek/gamer stuff, and not weaboo-esque

i guess i believe you

i guess

Organichu on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Pretty much my argument

to about 23 miles.

I wonder if you could apply slander/libel statues to them protesting a funeral, since they're protesting it based on the belief that the dead person is being punished for sins. Basically say that by protesting they're slandering the dead person's good name, and sue for that.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited March 2010

in olden days

they would chain you up and then put a metal cauldron on your stomach

put some rats in the cauldron

and then put hot coals on top of it

it would burn you a little, but mostly it would make the rats go fucking crazy and eat their way to safety through your innards

skippydumptruck on
This discussion has been closed.