As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] with the Devil

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I guess. I will admit that I use pre-made stocks pretty much whenever I'm cooking. I just don't use enough of it to justify actually making up batches of stock.

I made a large quantity of concentrated turkey stock from the carcass last thanksgiving, but it went rancid in the freezer. it was disgusting.

i haven't had good luck with trying to freeze stock. it just doesn't last that long.
    You might need to adjust your freezer temp. Stock shouldn't go rancid in the freezer in just a few months. Believe me, I've still got roughly ten quarts of the stuff in ours.

Yeah I will check on that. I stored the stuff in a ziploc freezer bag, which doesn't strike me as a bad choice. it shouldn't have turned in 4 months i don't think.

i dunno. maybe i didn't let it cool enough before freezing it. or maybe I didn't skim enough fat off it.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Res wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    I'm arguing with someone over whether WBC has the right to protest at soldiers' funerals

It's really obvious they want to flip out on me but at the same time they're punctuating everything they say with shit like "You're a hero!!!" and "God bless you!!!"

It's actually really funny

WBC has the right to protest.

They also have the right to be jeered at for doing so though.

Pretty much my argument

Thank you for reaffirming my thoughts on this matter

they should just increase the legal distance they have to be away from the actual funeral.

to about 23 miles.

You can't remove someone from public property just because they disagree with you about something.

http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/hinfo/newlawsart2006-0.asp?yearid=2006&storyid=346

just do that

Dunadan019 on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    japan wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    will was effluent

I feel like this is a technically correct, but unfamiliar use of this word.

He's saying Will is full of shit.

Thomamelas on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    will was effluent

like, "the heaps of cultural awareness flowed from his mouth like rivers of shit" kinda usage

Organichu on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    will was effluent

Quite simply, he farts culture and belches decorum.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    _J_ wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of plants growing into living things. I'm pretty sure I've had that nightmare.

Mythbusters tested a theory of using bamboo as a torture device. Like, is your skin stronger than the growing power of bamboo?

Results were not pretty. It grew right through their simulade like it wasn't even there.

And quickly. Like in a day, it had already pierced the skin.

Mythbusters is the opposite of proof.

Sigh, J. J J J J J.

If were standing together, this is the point where I'd clamp my hand on your shoulder.

I disagree with your notion of Mythbusters being the opposite of truth, as I find their program to be informative and exciting. They would make Sagan proud. But I won't argue with you, for I know that only leads to heartache and a string of "What the fuck is wrong with you, J?" posts.

JustinSane07 on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    well my thing with tattoos (if i get them) is that i want to incorporate my scars into them

and i don't know which one would work, seeing as the one near my heart would be spoken for

stop being a wiener and get a tattoo

skippydumptruck on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm not a fan of plants growing into living things. I'm pretty sure I've had that nightmare.

Mythbusters tested a theory of using bamboo as a torture device. Like, is your skin stronger than the growing power of bamboo?

Results were not pretty. It grew right through their simulade like it wasn't even there.

in olden days

they would chain you up and then put a metal cauldron on your stomach

put some rats in the cauldron

and then put hot coals on top of it

it would burn you a little, but mostly it would make the rats go fucking crazy and eat their way to safety through your innards

The horrible ways you can die or people can kill you makes me want to euthanize myself right now to avoid it.

electricitylikesme on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    I aim to please.

Hello, new person. Have you had your introductory ritual yet?

If not, I'll go get the barrel of fish and the angry badger.

Echo on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I had to show Will how to correctly hold a tea cup without a handle as it is done in venerable Nippon.

Sarksus on
    edited March 2010

in olden days

it would burn you a little, but mostly it would make the rats go fucking crazy and eat their way to safety through your innards

this was featured in the fourth terry goodkind novel

Organichu on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    well my thing with tattoos (if i get them) is that i want to incorporate my scars into them

and i don't know which one would work, seeing as the one near my heart would be spoken for

you make a compelling point

Arch on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010

566246-bellossom_super.jpg

It wants to rape your butt!

_J_ on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010

in olden days

That story always creeps me out. Those kinds of torture devices make water boarding seem boring by comparison.

JustinSane07 on
    edited March 2010

in olden days

really?

skippydumptruck on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »

It really does fall into the niche of "I really don't have more then 10 minutes" recipes. And I'm wondering if we're running into one of the issues where the same item is made with a different recipe in different places.

Honestly I use cream of mushroom with a couple meals because it tastes fine to me and I'd rather not spend the time making the base dirtying the dishes. I guess I'm just not enough of a foodie to give a shit either way. If that makes me low class fuck it I'm an american white male living in the suburbs I'm a walking cliche already.

you are living the dream preach

but yeah you need to save your energy so that you can mow the lawn and shit

Nah I live in a condo no lawn to mow. Though I apparently got signed up to clean the gutters (I'm a top floor unit so doing this prevents water from leaking into my unit).

I am defensive about using it as a base ingrediant, because I swear the tone I'm taking from the posts is "Oh thats what low people do." Honestly I don't even know how to do the base and could care less to learn. Chat tends to treat home prepared meals like if you didn't do it by scratch its like you just made a tv dinner.

If I made you feel such, it was unintentional.

It's just not something I would ever do (due to the way I have been taught to cook) and I kinda wanted to know why it's so common in the US.

BobCesca on
    edited March 2010

in olden days

Of course it was!

I am disappointed we forgot to discuss Goodkind this past weekend.

Sarksus on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    I am struck by the irony of the champions of proper cooking technique and style in this thread both being Scottish.

I'm not Scottish.

Also, I really do think it's a cultural thing. British cooking tends not to use cans of pre-made stuff, or, at least, not the cooking I've ever done (except for that horrible book Delia brought out a coupke of years ago)

American culture kind of came into its own in the 1940s and 1950s, which is why a whole lot of our culture presupposes manufactured goods and it's why most of our cities are nothing but sprawling suburbs that require a car to get anywhere.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited March 2010
    kakos/bobcesca

"the clouds is like...a whole play about fart jokes"

do you agree y/n

Arch on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    so i have a job

i'd be hawking AmEx cards at an airport kiosk

which is not a very stable or reliable income

but compared to the no job i have now, it's at least something

still hoping that TigerDirect calls me at the end of the week and offers me the corporate sales position, which is much more of a real job

but as an emergency fallback, it ain't bad

Pony on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I am pissed

wendys gacve me a normal burger instead of my baconator

nexuscrawler on
    edited March 2010

you make a compelling point

dude, it's like virginity

if you hype it up to be satin sheets and white roses, you're going to be disappointed

plus you miss out on years of sex

so just go get one done, blow your tattoo wad

and then you can start thinking about your second, and third, and

skippydumptruck on
    edited March 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    so i have a job

still hoping that TigerDirect calls me at the end of the week and offers me the corporate sales position, which is much more of a real job

congrats and good luck!

Arch on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

in olden days

The horrible ways you can die or people can kill you makes me want to euthanize myself right now to avoid it.

When I was like 9 or 10 or something, my older brothers took me to this medieval torture museum thing they used to have at Fisherman's Wharf in SF.

There was all kinds of god awful shit in there like that.

Scarred me right proper, that!

firewaterword on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    kakos/bobcesca

"the clouds is like...a whole play about fart jokes"

do you agree y/n

n.

BobCesca on
  • mattsproblemmattsproblem Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    I'm arguing with someone over whether WBC has the right to protest at soldiers' funerals

It's really obvious they want to flip out on me but at the same time they're punctuating everything they say with shit like "You're a hero!!!" and "God bless you!!!"

It's actually really funny

WBC has the right to protest.

They also have the right to be jeered at for doing so though.

Pretty much my argument

Thank you for reaffirming my thoughts on this matter

they should just increase the legal distance they have to be away from the actual funeral.

to about 23 miles.

You can't remove someone from public property just because they disagree with you about something.
    I wonder if you could apply slander/libel statues to them protesting a funeral, since they're protesting it based on the belief that the dead person is being punished for sins. Basically say that by protesting they're slandering the dead person's good name, and sue for that.
    You'd have to prove that the person's "good name" is going to be (in the future) negatively affected by their supposedly libelous behavior and I can't see any judge in the US ruling in favor of a dead person's "good name".

mattsproblem on
    DtfqR.jpg
    edited March 2010
    it was, yes

cara (the mord-sith) is mostly fearless and super ruthless, but she is terrified of rats

and drefan, richard's half brother, decides to torture her by placing rats inside an upturned pot, atop her bare stomach

and she's already freaking out because like, fuck rats, you know?, but then he puts the hot coals atop the pot

and he's all "THEY WILL BURROW THROUGH YOU, TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO HEAR OR THEY WILL EAT UR GUTS"

shit was o.o

Organichu on
    edited March 2010
    we went to a japanese restaurant sunday night and suddenly will was effluent and well-versed on japanese history, culture, and etiquette as it pertains to a communal meal

i half expected him to order for the table in fluent japanese

I had kakos look up the japanese for "chopsticks" for me so i could use it

I did this solely to shame sarksus

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited March 2010
    so i have a job

Woo-hoo!

_J_ on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

It's just not something I would ever do (due to the way I have been taught to cook) and I kinda wanted to know why it's so common in the US.

The US as a culture is very fast paced, I was raised to cook as a way of delivering food for consumption. A means to an end. Kind of like you drive to get to work, I cook to get to food. So from what I've seen a lot of american recipes use short cuts to make a meal easier for the preparer to get it to their family.

Personally I rarely make a meal on a m-thu night that would take longer than 30 minutes from bang to bullets.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    my wife makes some sort of crap with cream of mushroom soup.

i pretty much just judge her and refuse to eat any.

a. cream of mushroom stuff always kinda looks like dog vomit/sausage gravy - nasty.
    b. who knows whats in that shit - me, its probably like 60% soy. which is also nasty.
    c. anything not made from scratch might as well be a tv dinner for all i care - yechhh

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So I was thinking of getting Forza 3 and so I went into the G&T thread and started reading it. But it's left me puzzled when someone mentioned "unholy modifications" to a Veyron. I'm trying to figure out what mods you'd even make to that car short of maybe lightening it a little. It's not like you're gonna strap a third engine in that bad boy.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2010
    so i have a job

I just got one of them fancy Amex cash card things with the blue hologram whats it. It's pretty neat. Having a new card makes me spend a lot of money I don't need to be spending though.

firewaterword on
  • Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    I am pissed

I would like to live in a world where there is not actually a hamburger named the "Baconator".

Orochi_Rockman on
    edited March 2010

The US as a culture is very fast paced, I was raised to cook as a way of delivering food for consumption. A means to an end. Kind of like you drive to get to work, I cook to get to food. So from what I've seen a lot of american recipes use short cuts to make a meal easier for the preparer to get it to their family.

Personally I rarely make a meal on a m-thu night that would take longer than 30 minutes from bang to bullets.

Dude preacher this makes so much sense you have no idea

Arch on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    I aim to please.

Hello, new person. Have you had your introductory ritual yet?

If not, I'll go get the barrel of fish and the angry badger.

She has to read all of Obs' old posts and K_A's creepy stuff

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited March 2010
    it was, yes

cara (the mord-sith) is mostly fearless and super ruthless, but she is terrified of rats

and drefan, richard's half brother, decides to torture her by placing rats inside an upturned pot, atop her bare stomach

and she's already freaking out because like, fuck rats, you know?, but then he puts the hot coals atop the pot

and he's all "THEY WILL BURROW THROUGH YOU, TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO HEAR OR THEY WILL EAT UR GUTS"

shit was o.o

I AM PROTECTED BY MY MORAL CLARITY

I WOULD RATHER FUCK A DEMON WITH A POINTY PHALLUS

ETC

skippydumptruck on
    edited March 2010
    we went to a japanese restaurant sunday night and suddenly will was effluent and well-versed on japanese history, culture, and etiquette as it pertains to a communal meal

i half expected him to order for the table in fluent japanese

I had kakos look up the japanese for "chopsticks" for me so i could use it

I did this solely to shame sarksus

Everyone made fun of me just because I watch a little anime.

Sarksus on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    so i have a job

Promise me you won't pursue people who are obviously not interested across the concourse like an abandoned puppy.

Also congrats, but I do hope you find something better.

japan on
    edited March 2010
    I am pissed

I would like to live in a world where there is not actually a hamburger named the "Baconator".

I would like to live in a world where every hamburger is named 'baconator".

_J_ on
This discussion has been closed.