As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] with the Devil

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    so i have a job

i'd be hawking AmEx cards at an airport kiosk

which is not a very stable or reliable income

but compared to the no job i have now, it's at least something

still hoping that TigerDirect calls me at the end of the week and offers me the corporate sales position, which is much more of a real job

but as an emergency fallback, it ain't bad
    Wait, you gave up a job selling Armani clothes in an Armani store for one pushing Amexes in an airport kiosk?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i really, really would rather work for tigerdirect

makin' 35-40k a year doing corporate sales and marketing

and i have a very good chance of getting that job, already did the interview and nailed it to the wall

but they're hiring a batch of people at once so they are going to do interviews all this week and then decide

that said, i figure i am a shoe-in

i'll found out tomorrow, most likely, given that friday is a stat holiday

but i wanted this other thing as a back-up in case

unemployment is killing me

Pony on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    I can't even hold chop sticks, much less use them.

JustinSane07 on
  • Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Are we talking about the guy who had a tree growing in his lung? Or did plants growing into things come up some other way

Dr Mario Kart on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    you are living the dream preach

but yeah you need to save your energy so that you can mow the lawn and shit

Nah I live in a condo no lawn to mow. Though I apparently got signed up to clean the gutters (I'm a top floor unit so doing this prevents water from leaking into my unit).

I am defensive about using it as a base ingrediant, because I swear the tone I'm taking from the posts is "Oh thats what low people do." Honestly I don't even know how to do the base and could care less to learn. Chat tends to treat home prepared meals like if you didn't do it by scratch its like you just made a tv dinner.

well yeah you are not a dude who likes to cook or particularly cares for food-made-from-scratch.

kind of like how I can't really tell the difference between a $5 bottle of wine and a $100 bottle of wine.

maybe you're fancy or cultured about other things

but it ain't home cooking that is for sure!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    so i have a job

still hoping that TigerDirect calls me at the end of the week and offers me the corporate sales position, which is much more of a real job

Wait, you gave up a job selling Armani clothes in an Armani store for one pushing Amexes in an airport kiosk?

he was just folding them and, damnit, he has people skills.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »

If I made you feel such, it was unintentional.

It's just not something I would ever do (due to the way I have been taught to cook) and I kinda wanted to know why it's so common in the US.

The US as a culture is very fast paced, I was raised to cook as a way of delivering food for consumption. A means to an end. Kind of like you drive to get to work, I cook to get to food. So from what I've seen a lot of american recipes use short cuts to make a meal easier for the preparer to get it to their family.

Personally I rarely make a meal on a m-thu night that would take longer than 30 minutes from bang to bullets.

For what it's worth, neither do we.

japan on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    mattsproblem

heh, yeah right

more like mattsnotreligioussohisproblemisgoingtochurch

church

obschurch

j'accuse!

Organichu on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    I can't even hold chop sticks, much less use them.

You mean you don't hold them in one fist and stab stuff until you catch something?

Echo on
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Are we talking about the guy who had a tree growing in his lung? Or did plants growing into things come up some other way

we weren't but we damn well should be.

GO ON...

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    So I was thinking of getting Forza 3 and so I went into the G&T thread and started reading it. But it's left me puzzled when someone mentioned "unholy modifications" to a Veyron. I'm trying to figure out what mods you'd even make to that car short of maybe lightening it a little. It's not like you're gonna strap a third engine in that bad boy.

alg_conan_bugatti-veyron-mouse.jpg

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Dude preacher this makes so much sense you have no idea

Is it off? I mean its how I was raised, and so I realize I'm projecting from my own life but its the way I've seen others do things as well.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    i'll found out tomorrow, most likely, given that friday is a stat holiday

A holiday for statisticians?

_J_ on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    yeah sarksus was kind of a target

i almost felt bad (but not enough to stop)

Organichu on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    so i have a job

no

because you see, i wasn't actually selling Armani, they had told me in the interview i was going to be sales but when i had showed up to work there they told me i was going in the stockroom instead

which is high schooler work, so i quit, largely because i don't really want to work for a place that lied to me in order for me to accept the job. it was shit pay and shit hours with a store that jerked me around.

sorta sets a bad precedent, you know?

but now, many months later, i'm at a point where i am okay with doing a shitty job for a little while just to earn some money for a bit.

it's a back-up plan, nothing more.

Pony on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Nah I live in a condo no lawn to mow. Though I apparently got signed up to clean the gutters (I'm a top floor unit so doing this prevents water from leaking into my unit).

I am defensive about using it as a base ingrediant, because I swear the tone I'm taking from the posts is "Oh thats what low people do." Honestly I don't even know how to do the base and could care less to learn. Chat tends to treat home prepared meals like if you didn't do it by scratch its like you just made a tv dinner.

well yeah you are not a dude who likes to cook or particularly cares for food-made-from-scratch.

kind of like how I can't really tell the difference between a $5 bottle of wine and a $100 bottle of wine.

Don't feel bad about not being able to tell the difference between wines, because even fancy sommeliers can't. They did a test where they split a regular bottle of wine, half in a bottle marked up as some fancy vintage, the other half in a bottle marked as just crap table wine, then blind taste tested it with a bunch of wine snobs. The "fancy" bottle got rave reviews, the "crap" bottle got panned. But they were both exactly the same wine.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

we weren't but we damn well should be.

GO ON...
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/5152953/Surgeons-find-fir-tree-growing-inside-patients-lung.html

Its out of russia, so it might not be true.

Dr Mario Kart on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    So I was thinking of getting Forza 3 and so I went into the G&T thread and started reading it. But it's left me puzzled when someone mentioned "unholy modifications" to a Veyron. I'm trying to figure out what mods you'd even make to that car short of maybe lightening it a little. It's not like you're gonna strap a third engine in that bad boy.

I love that picture.

Btw, Thom, I have Forza 3. It's fantastic.

If you like racing games that let you do anything you fucking want, then pick it up.

JustinSane07 on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    mattsproblem

heh, yeah right

church

obschurch

j'accuse!

What, I am pretty sure he is religious because one time he yelled at me.

Sarksus on
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    mattsproblem

heh, yeah right

church

obschurch

j'accuse!
    If mattsproblem is not matthas's wife, its the best trojan Obs alt ever.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    so i have a job

while having a job is nice, this is like being an in-person telemarketer... (which I guess is just a maketer?)

Dunadan019 on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Is it off? I mean its how I was raised, and so I realize I'm projecting from my own life but its the way I've seen others do things as well.

no it really really makes sense when you consider american food culture as a whole

Arch on
    edited March 2010

I actually do like to cook, I just don't like to take time on a work night to do so. I'm hungry.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    yeah sarksus was kind of a target

i almost felt bad (but not enough to stop)

is it because of his candy corn shaped head?

skippydumptruck on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I had to show Will how to correctly hold a tea cup without a handle as it is done in venerable Nippon.

yesss!

this was a fantastic moment i won't lie

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

In poor taste perhaps but we haven't gotten near unholy yet.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2010
    because you see, i wasn't actually selling Armani, they had told me in the interview i was going to be sales but when i had showed up to work there they told me i was going in the stockroom instead

That seems...something.

_J_ on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Grats on the jorb, Pony.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

what a goose

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited March 2010

no it really really makes sense when you consider american food culture as a whole

Good I thought it made sense.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010

I mostly do "zero to mouth" optimized food when I cook because I tend to go "oops, I'm hungry" and want to eat ASAP, but every now and then I take my sweet time and make a proper dinner that might take two hours to cook.

Echo on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    _J_ wrote: »

That seems...something.

Retail outlets pull bullshit like this all the time. I once interviewed for a computer sales position at Circuit City and they tried to funnel me into the music department.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I kind of wanted Forza 3 but I have Forza 2, which looks to my ig-nant eyes to be pretty much the same.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    edited March 2010
    PantsB wrote: »
    mattsproblem

heh, yeah right

church

obschurch

j'accuse!
    She's my wife.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    They are leaning toward saying that my car is totaled. It's apparently pushed in all the way to the back seat.

I am trying to decide if this is a good thing or bad thing.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2010
    Gf sends text: Awake?
    I reply: At the moment.

She does not reply.

Trying to figure out if she was hit by a bus or just gathering data for some sort of survey.

_J_ on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Btw, Thom, I have Forza 3. It's fantastic.

If you like racing games that let you do anything you fucking want, then pick it up.

I do like insane modding. I took great delight in modding a Beetle so that it could blow the doors off of my brother's Mustang in Gran Turismo (2?, 3? for the PS2).

Thomamelas on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    tonight there shall be pork stir-fry with lots of pak choi.

I should probably start doing something about this if we're going to eat before 7.30...

BobCesca on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Can I tell your wife to punch you

Will she

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    PantsB wrote: »
    mattsproblem

heh, yeah right

church

obschurch

j'accuse!
    She's my wife.

when did you marry obs?

Dunadan019 on
This discussion has been closed.