As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] with the Devil

• JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    I kind of wanted Forza 3 but I have Forza 2, which looks to my ig-nant eyes to be pretty much the same.

They are pretty similar, I'm not gonna lie. Even some of the same tracks.

But 3 is much deeper than 2. You can mess with every tiny little thing. And it looks better. Somehow they made the best looking racing game ever look even better.

JustinSane07 on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    will you cook my dinner too bob?

nexuscrawler on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    _J_ wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    because you see, i wasn't actually selling Armani, they had told me in the interview i was going to be sales but when i had showed up to work there they told me i was going in the stockroom instead

That seems...something.

dishonest?

offensive?

yes, yes it was

i was massively pissed off

i basically radiated anger that was measurable with scientific instruments for like two days after it happened

so, while this job selling AmEx cards is kinda shitty

at least they are honest about it

they made absolutely no pretensions that it is thankless work with an extremely high rejection rate and lacks income and job security

but that's okay, for now, at least till i can get something real

and since i have a very high chance to get a real job working in corporate sales, things should be fine

it's just good to have back-up plans, is all

Pony on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    yeah sarksus was kind of a target

i almost felt bad (but not enough to stop)

Yeah I mean, I gave crap to other people but I don't think to such the extent as I received it. I figure it was all in good fun but my paranoid brain sometimes thinks there's something I'm not aware of.

Sarksus on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    tonight there shall be pork stir-fry with lots of pak choi.

I should probably start doing something about this if we're going to eat before 7.30...

You know they have that in a can....

Thomamelas on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Btw, Thom, I have Forza 3. It's fantastic.

If you like racing games that let you do anything you fucking want, then pick it up.

I do like insane modding. I took great delight in modding a Beetle so that it could blow the doors off of my brother's Mustang in Gran Turismo (2?, 3? for the PS2).
    Heh. I took the Mustang SVT Cobra in Gran Turismo 3 and modded it to the point that I could lap my friend racing in a Lotus Esprit.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I kind of wanted Forza 3 but I have Forza 2, which looks to my ig-nant eyes to be pretty much the same.

But 3 is much deeper than 2. You can mess with every tiny little thing. And it looks better. Somehow they made the best looking racing game ever look even better.

Yeah, that's cool. Shit though, Forza 2 was almost too deep for me.

Though it was super helpful when I was shopping for cars!

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    edited March 2010

Maybe it was just because of bad luck or something but I found Forza 3 much easier to get the hang of as far as the controls were concerned in comparison to Forza 2. I enjoyed the demo very much and if I knew more people who played it I would buy it sometime.

Sarksus on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    They are leaning toward saying that my car is totaled. It's apparently pushed in all the way to the back seat.

I am trying to decide if this is a good thing or bad thing.
    Most likely it's bad. The payout for a total is usually only 3/4ths the value of the car.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Stay classy yami

Never!

YamiNoSenshi on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    BTW, this is a kick-ass awesomesauce article about rape. I'd make a thread about it but then it would become a rape thread and making a rape thread is a little like raping the forum.

http://yesmeansyesblog.wordpress.com/2009/11/12/meet-the-predators/
    We need to revoke the rapists’ social license to operate. We need to stop asking, “why do we think he didn’t know she wasn’t consenting,” which is the first question now, really. First as a cultural matter — leaving the legal matter aside — we need to adopt the stance that sexual interaction ought to always be had in a state of affirmative consent by all participants; that anything else is aberrant.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

If you like racing games that let you do anything you fucking want, then pick it up.

I do like insane modding. I took great delight in modding a Beetle so that it could blow the doors off of my brother's Mustang in Gran Turismo (2?, 3? for the PS2).
    Heh. I took the Mustang SVT Cobra in Gran Turismo 3 and modded it to the point that I could lap my friend racing in a Lotus Esprit.

VC?

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So I was thinking of getting Forza 3 and so I went into the G&T thread and started reading it. But it's left me puzzled when someone mentioned "unholy modifications" to a Veyron. I'm trying to figure out what mods you'd even make to that car short of maybe lightening it a little. It's not like you're gonna strap a third engine in that bad boy.

alg_conan_bugatti-veyron-mouse.jpg

In poor taste perhaps but we haven't gotten near unholy yet.

Fill it with nitromethanol and hope it doesn't explode.

In all seriousness it's pretty much always possible to extract more peak power from an engine by throwing more and more forced induction at it. The difficulty is getting it to run reliably and getting a usable power curve.

japan on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

in real life

there is a v8 engine kit for miatas

I want to do this when I have a garage and some free time and money

skippydumptruck on
  • mattsproblemmattsproblem Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    PantsB wrote: »
    mattsproblem

heh, yeah right

more like mattsnotreligioussohisproblemisgoingtochurch

church

obschurch

j'accuse!
    If mattsproblem is not matthas's wife, its the best trojan Obs alt ever.

Not an alt. Promise. I have pictures if necessary.

mattsproblem on
    DtfqR.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    They are leaning toward saying that my car is totaled. It's apparently pushed in all the way to the back seat.

If the frame got bent, you're fucked and its not worth the cost to repair it. Also if your car was worth 4k anyways, outside of minor repairs it was a good chance they were going to write it off.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    I

CAN'T

SLEEP

_J_ on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I'm guessing your biggest problem there was getting the Mustang to corner in under a week?

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    because you see, i wasn't actually selling Armani, they had told me in the interview i was going to be sales but when i had showed up to work there they told me i was going in the stockroom instead

That seems...something.

Retail outlets pull bullshit like this all the time. I once interviewed for a computer sales position at Circuit City and they tried to funnel me into the music department.

yeah, that is just a thing retail does

i was just really, really disappointed about it because i was really excited about that job and then they were like "oh actually you are just going to be another stockboy lolz" and i was like "yeah, no thank you"

sales and marketing are my thing, man. they are things i am skilled at. i am not going to do stockroom work, it's not that it's beneath me it's that it is not the right job for me

the job with tigerdirect is corporate sales and marketing. i'd be selling computer hardware to corporations, designing marketing approaches, and dealing with ongoing corporate account management.

it's basically an ideal job for me. i am pretty much made to be a heartless suit.

Pony on
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    PantsB wrote: »
    mattsproblem

heh, yeah right

more like mattsnotreligioussohisproblemisgoingtochurch

church

obschurch

j'accuse!
    If mattsproblem is not matthas's wife, its the best trojan Obs alt ever.

Not an alt. Promise. I have pictures if necessary.

yes. yesss please.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

Yeah I mean, I gave crap to other people but I don't think to such the extent as I received it. I figure it was all in good fun but my paranoid brain sometimes thinks there's something I'm not aware of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmaI9YHk0Vw

TL DR on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    okay.

alright. i can not tell if my ex is fucking with me or just randomly doing things. the last thing she did on the facebook was ask me if I was too afraid or conflicted to say hi to her in a store. there was a brief wtf discourse and that was the end of it. then i mention my car being totaled and she "liked" it within a minute of me posting it.

what the hell? i think i am being paranoid.

i would delete this but I already typed it.

I am paranoid.

fuck.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    skippydumptruck on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

it's basically an ideal job for me. i am pretty much made to be a heartless suit.

don't take this the wrong way, but you really are

Arch on
    edited March 2010
    BTW, this is a kick-ass awesomesauce article about rape. I'd make a thread about it but then it would become a rape thread and making a rape thread is a little like raping the forum.

http://yesmeansyesblog.wordpress.com/2009/11/12/meet-the-predators/
    We need to revoke the rapists’ social license to operate. We need to stop asking, “why do we think he didn’t know she wasn’t consenting,” which is the first question now, really. First as a cultural matter — leaving the legal matter aside — we need to adopt the stance that sexual interaction ought to always be had in a state of affirmative consent by all participants; that anything else is aberrant.

Usually I never see kick-ass awesomesauce before or after the word rape.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    sarksus we all love you

Organichu on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010

You can insane mod everything you want. The paint system for your cars is amazing too.

Like see this story on Jalopnik about the $500 rally car?

500x_caswell_wrc_mexico_top.jpg

Someone on Jalopnik duplicated the car in Forza using just the pictures from the story.

500x_bill_caswell_forza_livery_4_01.jpg

JustinSane07 on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010

you were the only one who was actually copping to liking japanimation

and also you were looking for a drink with peach schnapps in it

but really you were not a wierd kid or anything. you're a lot of fun to hang with, and i don't really think that you really got it any worse than anyone else. at least not that i noticed.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited March 2010
    sarksus we all love you

:winky:

Arch on
    edited March 2010

WHAT

THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE.

o.o

(is that how you do it?)

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2010
    facebook is literally the worst thing on the internet

Pony on
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    okay.

alright. i can not tell if my ex is fucking with me or just randomly doing things. the last thing she did on the facebook was ask me if I was too afraid or conflicted to say hi to her in a store. there was a brief wtf discourse and that was the end of it. then i mention my car being totaled and she "liked" it within a minute of me posting it.

what the hell? i think i am being paranoid.

i would delete this but I already typed it.

I am paranoid.

fuck.

I don't know anything about your girlfriend but I would definitely say 80% of the population doesn't get the point of the "Like" button on facebook

stevemarks44 on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Most likely it's bad. The payout for a total is usually only 3/4ths the value of the car.

That doesn't seem right. You should get exactly what the car is worth.

When I do these, you get Glass's Retail (unless you're a motor trader) adjusted for mileage and condition.

japan on
    edited March 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

you were the only one who was actually copping to liking japanimation

and also you were looking for a drink with peach schnapps in it

but really you were not a wierd kid or anything. you're a lot of fun to hang with, and i don't really think that you really got it any worse than anyone else. at least not that i noticed.

i never got an answer- why is this grounds for mockery?

is it a manly thing?

its a manly thing isn't it

Arch on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

in real life

I went out with a girl recently who likes to do track days with a souped-up Miata.

Apparently you can make a Miata track-ready pretty cheap.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited March 2010

that's not true at all sir.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Thank you. That people get into entire arguments based on facebook bullshit makes me sad in a way I can't really explain.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited March 2010
    Peach schnapps tastes good.

Sarksus on
    edited March 2010
    Arch wrote: »

don't take this the wrong way, but you really are

it's cool, i take it as a compliment!

everybody has their talents and skills and ideal jobs

some people are artists or musicians or carpenters or doctors or something

and some people

well, some people are made for convincing other people to buy things

it's good to recognize one's skills and potential

Pony on
    edited March 2010

in real life

I went out with a girl recently who likes to do track days with a souped-up Miata.

Apparently you can make a Miata track-ready pretty cheap.

They are practically track ready straight from the factory. It is an amazing platform as far as autocross is concerned.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.