As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I AM AMERICA (AND SO CAN YOU!)

tulkastulkas Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse

Looks like it's going to release in the fall. No other news is currently available.

I mean, it's a book. It'll probably be in a format similar to America, but anything at this point is just speculation.

It's going to be epic.

tulkas
tulkas on

• JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Okay.

James on
  • tulkastulkas Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'd recommend reading this book with a nice cup of Americone Dream, by the way.

tulkas on
    tulkas
  • #14#14 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    What?

#14 on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You might want to read the rules of these forums a bit. ^^

Aldo on
    edited April 2007
    There's also an audiobook available which is going to be narrated by Mr. Colbert himself.

tulkas on
    tulkas
  • KevarKevar regular
    edited April 2007
    Colbert is excellent and I will buy this book.

y9grz22t.jpg

Kevar on
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Tulkas don't know shit about how to rap

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited April 2007
    tulkas wrote: »
    There's also an audiobook available which is going to be narrated by Mr. Colbert himself.

Weeaboo!

Sorry :P I'll probably pick this up, if only to supplement America: The Book. But I'm not sure if it's thread-worthy.

James on
    edited April 2007
    Jameserson wrote: »

Weeaboo!

Sorry :P I'll probably pick this up, if only to supplement America: The Book. But I'm not sure if it's thread-worthy.
    Are you a bear sympathizer, sir?

Because only bear sympathizers would doubt this thread's worthiness.

tulkas on
    tulkas
    edited April 2007

Weeaboo!

I think we'll all be able to move on with our lives even if a thread was made.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Why isn't it thread worthy? It's a book that's about to be released that some people here are bound to want to read now that they know it exists.

I think.
    (I have(and enjoy) America, though I've never watched The Colbert Report, so this might leave me out in the cold.)

Also, he looks older in that picture. Deliberate?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited April 2007
    He has aged quite a bit since The Daily Show where most people probably still formed their mental image of him. It's possible, though.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited April 2007
    It's just... not much to discuss?

You should see The Colbert Report at least once, I think he's just gotten old.

I doubt it'll be in the same format as America (text book) and I'm hoping it goes along the lines of all those serious right wing left wing commentary books.

James on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Why isn't it thread worthy? It's a book that's about to be released that some people here are bound to want to read now that they know it exists.

I think.
    (I have(and enjoy) America, though I've never watched The Colbert Report, so this might leave me out in the cold.)

In this subforum we kind of want something to debate or discourse about, this starts with a proper OP. Although I can't say I'm annoyed by Colbert's eyebrow, I'd rather have something to talk about other than "I'm going to buy this book/I'm not going to buy this book".

Aldo on
    edited April 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »

I think.

In this subforum we kind of want something to debate or discourse about, this starts with a proper OP. Although I can't say I'm annoyed by Colbert's eyebrow, I'd rather have something to talk about other than "I'm going to buy this book/I'm not going to buy this book".
    I mean, I don't know what you fucking want, dude. I showed you a picture of the book, I gave you a link where you could buy the book, and I threw my 2-cents into the ring. Anything we discuss is going to be speculation, but that's the purpose of the thread. Excitement and speculation.

As new information about this book is unveiled it will be added to the OP.

tulkas on
    tulkas
    edited April 2007
    It's just... not much to discuss?

YESJAPAN.jpg

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    The fine print at the top is the best part of that cover.

ViolentChemistry on
    edited April 2007
    The fine print at the top is the best part of that cover.
    I think the award is pretty fucking hilarious.

tulkas on
    tulkas
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    He even approved it.
    Beat'd, no less.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited April 2007
    Has anyone else ever noticed his nostril was kinda weird
    That is the first time I have.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    those eyebrows...mesmerising...

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
    edited April 2007
    I wonder if they'll let Michael Bay do the movie.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'd just like to say that this surpassed every expectation I've ever had about what a potential Colbert book's cover would look like.

And that I will buy this book.

His Corkiness on
  • JoJoHoraHoraJoJoHoraHora ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Since we know he's the new Captian America, will the book teach us how to make our own shields?

JoJoHoraHora on
    steam_sig.png
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
  • NightholdNighthold Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Sounds like this book is almost a take-off on a self-help aid. Something along the lines of "How to be a better american." Either way, I am all about this shit.

Nighthold on
    A Player Of The Unplayables.
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The Cat wrote: »
    those eyebrows...mesmerising...

I just realized how similar his are to mine.

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2007
    "The Stephen T Colbert Award

For The Literary Excellence"

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png