As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East Information and FAQ (ASK QUESTIONS HERE!)

1252627282931»

• unpurposedunpurposed Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This will be my first PAX and I'm getting so excited. I live right down the street from the Hynes (I go to MIT) and I'm considering showing up at 10 am tomorrow. Probably'll bring my PSP, which I haven't played in forever, and a 40k book I'm reading.

I'll be bringing my DSLR in my messenger bag, along with some food. My main hope is that the floor isn't incredibly crowded.

unpurposed on
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is there a need to line up that early if the doors aren't opening until 2?

wonderpug on
  • DireKittyDireKitty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm looking at the map for PAX, but i may be going blind. I don't see a "will-call" desk anywhere which is where i'm supposed to pick up my tickets. Is that the same place as registration?

DireKitty on
  • unpurposedunpurposed Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    wonderpug wrote: »

I really don't know, but I could swear someone said the queue room opened at 10 am on Friday.

unpurposed on
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    unpurposed wrote: »

I really don't know, but I could swear someone said the queue room opened at 10 am on Friday.

Depends. I'm not doing the keynote or the concerts so I see no need to get in line early.

VisionOfClarity on
  • maerdredmaerdred Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Depends. I'm not doing the keynote or the concerts so I see no need to get in line early.

As I am going specifically FOR the keynote, and who knows how many people fit in the room, I'm planning to be in line at 10:00. Hooray for 5 hours of waiting in line!

maerdred on
  • riguitargodriguitargod Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    maerdred wrote: »

As I am going specifically FOR the keynote, and who knows how many people fit in the room, I'm planning to be in line at 10:00. Hooray for 5 hours of waiting in line!

I'll be right there with you. Friday is unfortunately the only day I can make it into the city for the show, and Wil's Keynote is my only MUST-SEE event of the day. If I see only that and just spend the rest of the day wandering the show room floor, I'll be happy.

So needless to say, I'll be there around 10!

riguitargod on
  • RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ohhh question It's about the photo ID : would a school ID count? I'm not sure if it's a legal form of identification because all it has is a picture and a name.
    (I've read through the FAQ twice since I've started on this forum, so I'm pretty sure this question isn't on there, but I'm sorry if it is and you may slap my face with a wet noodle.)

RainbowTunnel on
  • DarkknotDarkknot Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Is it possible to buy a ticket at the door. I have my three day pass, but my friend never bought a ticket so I was wondering if he could buy one at the door? Is it still fun if you go buy yourself?

Darkknot on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Darkknot wrote: »
    Is it possible to buy a ticket at the door. I have my three day pass, but my friend never bought a ticket so I was wondering if he could buy one at the door? Is it still fun if you go buy yourself?

PAX Badges are sold out, you can not buy one at the door.

Yes its still fun to go by yourself :) You will meet many new friends.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Hombre GatoHombre Gato Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hi, sorry if this is answered elsewhere but I don't have time to read through everything.

All I need to get into PAX is my red 3-day badge, correct? Someone asked about photo ID's, but maybe that's just for any post-midnight activities?

I've just been going by this:

"Pre-registration packets will be mailed out two weeks before PAX East. They'll contain everything you need to walk right into the show--no need to stand in line to buy a ticket, Mr. Proactive."

...and other than that red badge, it just contained a letter and a train (charlie) pass.

Seems like there's a pretty big room on the map for registration and signup stuff too, but since all passes are sold out, will that just be an empty room or will signing up be necessary if we already have one?

Hombre Gato on
    edited March 2010
    Sorry, I just read the part of the FAQ that mentions ID. I'm not sure I have one but I repeat the earlier question, if it's just my name and photo on the card, that's ok?

Hombre Gato on
  • mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If you bring your red three-day pass and can show it to people who ask to see it, you will have the same access as any other attendee. For purposes of seeing if you are a genuine attendee or not, we will just be looking for passes. I can't think of any reason anyone would need to see your ID.

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
    edited March 2010
    Ok,

Thank you very much for the timely response. (I've got butterflies)

I know in the past, not having ID with me has stopped me from attending the past-midnight events at Anime Boston. If PAX is going till 2am in any form (think I remember seeing that somewhere) I wonder if that might be the reason it was listed on the FAQ.

Btw,

I'm sure it's been said but remember that trains only run until half-past-midnight here.
    Thanks for coming to Boston despite our poor public transportation schedule!!!!

Hombre Gato on
  • xForceCh0keYouxForceCh0keYou Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    all we should have received so far is the passes, correct? Dont want to show up tomorrow and find out I am missing something

xForceCh0keYou on
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This is incredibly late notice, but I've just found out a few people I know will be in Boston Saturday and I live close enough I figure we'll check out PAX for a day: is it even possible for me to get a Saturday ticket anymore?

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited March 2010
    Yup - we've just sent the passes. Lanyards etc. will be picked up at the show.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
    edited March 2010
    This is incredibly late notice, but I've just found out a few people I know will be in Boston Saturday and I live close enough I figure we'll check out PAX for a day: is it even possible for me to get a Saturday ticket anymore?
    Our passes are sold out. There is a "have a ticket / need a ticket" thread where you may be able to buy a pass, but: you will need the physical pass, some of the sellers are not local to boston and want to charge you for rush shipping, and some of the passes are being sold for higher than cost.

If you can get a pass, we'd love to see you!

mspencer on
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • geeeeoffffgeeeeoffff Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ok, sorry if this question is already answered somewhere. Is there a pokemon tournament for pax east? or prime?

geeeeoffff on
    GD on paforums
  • dengardengar Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    So I've tried to search for this, if it is posted elsewhere I apologize.

Can I bring my laptop? I do not plan on playing games on it, nor did I register for BYOC. I just want to have it in my backpack with me. Thanks!

dengar on
    edited March 2010
    Yes absolutely you may bring and use your laptop. There may be competition for power outlets, with handheld gamers and other laptop users. Plus the Hynes has free wifi.

mspencer on
  • raikoh05raikoh05 Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    ok, me and a friend bought tickets, but the red plastic badges got lost in the mail. will we be able to get new ones if we just bring the paper tickets?

raikoh05 on
    edited March 2010
    mspencer wrote: »
    Yes absolutely you may bring and use your laptop. There may be competition for power outlets, with handheld gamers and other laptop users. Plus the Hynes has free wifi.

can you please help me? I need to know if i can use my paper tickets to get new plastic badges, because ours got lost in the mail.

raikoh05 on
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    raikoh05 wrote: »

can you please help me? I need to know if i can use my paper tickets to get new plastic badges, because ours got lost in the mail.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/announcement.php?f=26&a=94

VisionOfClarity on
    edited March 2010

yeah I sent an email, no response.

raikoh05 on
  • nutternutter Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

yeah I sent an email, no response.

As long as you have your barcode ticket, you will get your badge. Mine never showed up in the mail, but I got my badge with no trouble at all.

nutter on
    edited March 2010
    I am not sure what is required, but if you come to registration and seek help, bringing whatever documentation you can, we should be able to help you.

mspencer on
  • KoalaKoala Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is there only rockband set up in that little hallway area?

Koala on
  • jcaiellojcaiello Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Quick question:
    I'll be arriving at PAX tomorrow and I was wondering if places in the expo center accept credit cards for purchases (ex. the merch store).

jcaiello on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    jcaiello wrote: »
    Quick question:
    I'll be arriving at PAX tomorrow and I was wondering if places in the expo center accept credit cards for purchases (ex. the merch store).

Yes they do.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • ThermalKnomeThermalKnome Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    So If i am under 17 and I have my parent w/ me, then will i be allowed in to M rated game demos and what not? Unfortunately I will not be 17 until one week after PAX.

ThermalKnome on
    edited March 2010
    Koala wrote: »
    Is there only rockband set up in that little hallway area?

There's Rock Band in the 1st floor Rock Band Lounge, upstairs by the escalators, in the console freeplay room, in the LFG room outside that room, (and just now on the main stage for Omegathon).

wonderpug on
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Anyone know where Wil Wheaton's autograph table is? I heard he's having a singing tomorrow at 11am, and I'm not sure where to line up?

DrunkMc on
    edited March 2010
    DrunkMc wrote: »
    Anyone know where Wil Wheaton's autograph table is? I heard he's having a singing tomorrow at 11am, and I'm not sure where to line up?

2nd floor just left of the entrance to the main theater, furthest booth to the left. Good luck getting him to sing, though. ;)

wonderpug on
  • Sgt NoobSgt Noob Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    This has probably already been asked and I apologize if I just can't find it somewhere, but what are the exact qualifications to be media? I am a co-host and writer of a gaming news podcast and website with a growing amount of listeners/readers and would be interested to find out if I and my fellow co-hosts qualify for next year's PAX East.

Sgt Noob on
  • JaklapJaklap Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sgt Noob wrote: »
    This has probably already been asked and I apologize if I just can't find it somewhere, but what are the exact qualifications to be media? I am a co-host and writer of a gaming news podcast and website with a growing amount of listeners/readers and would be interested to find out if I and my fellow co-hosts qualify for next year's PAX East.

I'd also like to know this kinda stuff. Like, If we're just writing for a small website, we may not have things like company stationary. =\

Jaklap on
  • ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Jaklap wrote: »
    I'd also like to know this kinda stuff. Like, If we're just writing for a small website, we may not have things like company stationary. =\
    In years past, we ask you to submit the following application:
    • Fill out an short written application
    • Submit a government issued photo id
    • Three (3) things from the following list
      • Business License for Media Outlet
      • Letter on Company Letterhead from Editor
      • A photocopy of your business card
      • Photocopies or links of two (2) articles written by you in the past 6 months

For future PAX, you will be able to find out this information on our website (http://www.paxsite.com).

If that doesn't answer your questions, feel free to contact: [email protected]

Älphämönkëy on
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ironic...

"01-21-2010 Pre Registration Opening Soon
    Although we’ve got our heads down planning PAX East in Boston right now, that doesn’’t mean we’ve forgotten about Seattle! Registration opens in the next few weeks! Keep your eyes peeled!"
    -paxsite.com

Registration on the website as of today...

"Thank you for visiting.

Tickets are no longer available online."
    -interactiveticketing.com

Unless PAX Prime sold out ALREADY... the registration was a lie! Any news on this predicament?

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    All the stuff on the PAX Prime site is still keyed for last year. Stay tuned, things will be updated for this year soon

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    I'm about to de-sticky this thread to make room for Prime stuff.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.