As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

D&D meetup, NJ/NYC, 4/2 - 4/3

OrganichuOrganichu poopspeesRegistered User, Moderator mod
edited May 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
Okay so I hope this is alright (it's obviously being posted too late for many 'new folks' to jump on or anything), but I thought it'd be helpful for anyone who's unclear where and when exactly we are meeting. It gets lost in the [chat] thread, usually.

The plan is as follows:

Friday night we will hang out in Jersey City. Jersey City is located in northern New Jersey as you homps are surely aware. It is right off I-95. It is also accessible via NJTransit. Take the NE Corridor train to Newark and then connect- it is a stop on the PATH train, which you can catch as far west as Newark or from Manhattan itself. If you are unsure of exactly how to get to the place where we are orgy'ing, post here for specific directions to be PM'ed I suppose.

Saturday afternoon we are hanging out in Manhattan. Here plans are far more tenuous. We will be meeting at Klong (Thai restaurant) on St. Mark's, off Lafayette/Broadway, right past NYU. The projected sitting time is 1pm.

Us Jersey folk will be coming over on PATH. We'll be getting off at the 9th street station, which is a reasonable walk to the restaurant. We'll probably be at the station around 12:30-12:45 because we're punctual mo'fuckers. After food we are going to do whatever. Some people may have to turn in early, but a couple of us plan to hit MoMA, and then maybe drinks later on with whoever is left in the city.

Post here if you need specific details or phone numbers or anything, to coordinate the orgy.

I will add a forumer's first name if they have used it freely on the webz before and so wouldn't mind.

Confirmed for Friday night:
Organichu (John)
Nexuscrawler (Pete)
Tapeslinger
Elendil
Hakkekage (Sara)
No-Quarter (Kevin)
Mikeman (Mike)
Sarksus

Confirmed for Saturday in NYC:
Organichu (John)
Elendil
Podly (Conor)
Drez
YamiNoSenshi
IrishRodent
Hakkekage (Sara) [is an anti-vampire and must leave before sundown]

Now, as with all philosophical treatises, it is necessary to define our terms. Here are some definitions:

New Jersey: small, smelly state along the atlantic seaboard. High taxes, low return on those taxes. Lots of guidos in southern Jersey and pseudo-NY'ers in northern Jersey. Central Jersey is okay I guess but don't tell them I said that.

Jersey City: a small, ethnically vibrant city in northern Jersey. Note that in this racist's mind, 'ethnically vibrant' means 'awful'. You may find this city directly off I-95.

New York City: c'mon. C'MON.

Klong: a Thai restaurant in New York City. It is located on St. Mark's place, right off Lafayette and a little further off Broadway. They serve food from SE Asia and also they serve some booze I guess. To get there from New Jersey you take the PATH train (since it's the weekend you'll be taking the 33rd street train from Journal Square, via Hoboken).

PATH: Port Authority Trans-Hudson. Lots of light, cool looking trains that service northern Jersey and also New York city. You can either purchase a pass at the station or use a pay-per-ride card if you're familiar with Metrocards. Cool.

Thai: from Thailand. Lots of kick boxers and noodles.

http://www.klongnyc.com/sources/klong_menu.pdf

That's the menu. Install Acrobat Reader or something if it's giving you trouble.

ARIES APRIL ASTROLOGY FORECAST 2010 (Mar. 21- Apr. 20) To turn around things, you ensure that they does not leave to them. Do not be too prompt to give your opinion. To listen to the others attentively. The possibilities of voyages will be favorable in terms of connections moneymaking. Do not let the others limit you to say how you feel on the family questions. Your lucky events of this month will take place Monday.

Just be aware of this crucial astrological data point, before venturing out.

Also, here's me naked:

nipple.jpg

Organichu on

• YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm out for Friday, since I have a JoCo concert that night. But I can definitely do stuff in the city Saturday afternoon and a little into the evening. I still have to be up in CT to visit IR's parents for Easter. I'll probably PM my number to some people so I am contactable. If anyone wants to car pool, I'm coming from Belleville, NJ and will be parking in Hoboken for the PATH.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    i updated the RSVP list from what i remember having heard in [chat] the past week or two

Organichu on
    edited March 2010
    noted, sir

Organichu on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Platypus and his lady may stop by

he's very busy but literally lives down the street

Do not call him Mr sulu

nexuscrawler on
    edited March 2010
    pete if i can convince the thai place to make you pancakes will you rsvp yes for manhattan

Organichu on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i might stay for saturday, but not late

exams and paper and shit due monday

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hakkekage wrote: »

Oh do you only poop every other week like 'chu?

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Also IrishRodent will be coming along, of course.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited March 2010
    PantsB wrote: »

it's been a problem

Organichu on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    PantsB wrote: »

conscious effort to conserve toilet water

that is for drinking

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What time are you guys hanging out on Friday? Friday night IS a possibility, but living on Staten Island it's kind of a pain in the dick for me to get back and forth to Jersey City one night and then back and forth to NYC the next morning. And I can't sleep in nexus' dumpster either because I have things I have to do Saturday morning at home, plus last time I slept in there a giant rat attacked me with a grilled cheese sandwich.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited March 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    What time are you guys hanging out on Friday? Friday night IS a possibility, but living on Staten Island it's kind of a pain in the dick for me to get back and forth to Jersey City one night and then back and forth to NYC the next morning. And I can't sleep in nexus' dumpster either because I have things I have to do Saturday morning at home, plus last time I slept in there a giant rat attacked me with a grilled cheese sandwich.

we figure we'll start to coalesce on his carapace around 8pm

that is when elendil, hakkekage and i plan to arrive, arms linked like travelers upon the yellow brick road

Organichu on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Can't wait to meet all you guys there. It will be a lot of fun.

Winky on
    edited March 2010
    Winky wrote: »

o.o

is this for real

aren't you a chicago-an

Organichu on
    edited March 2010
    Organichu wrote: »

o.o

is this for real

aren't you a chicago-an

Yeah, I live in Chicago. I'm coming up just for this.

Winky on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

o.o

is this for real

aren't you a chicago-an

Yeah, I live in Chicago. I'm coming up just for this.
    stop fucking with me

MikeMan on
    edited April 2010
    Seriously, though, I'm going to be in New York visiting my friend, so, I'll totally come.

Winky on
    edited April 2010
    I just called Klong. They are indeed open for business. I asked if they'd suggest a reservation for a moderately sized group on a Saturday afternoon and they said they would suggest one. So, I will call back and make a reservation but I need a firmer headcount.

So far I have:

Organichu
    Elendil
    Podly
    YamiNoSenshi
    IrishRodent
    Hakkekage
    Winky
    Drez
    Shazkar
    Nexus

Nexus, I need to know if you definitely planning on eating the ching chong china man food with us (they all look alike, after all), and also whether I'm forgetting anybody.

Organichu on
    edited April 2010
    at 10, now

Organichu on
    edited April 2010
    Wait, what happened to my name?

Like I said I'm confirmed for Saturday 100%. I'm just not sure about Friday.

Drez on
    edited April 2010

my lazy eye is what happened, you insensitive son of a bitch!

sorry for missing you, i meant to just copy whoever was at the top list

okay so that makes 9

Organichu on
    edited April 2010

my lazy eye is what happened, you insensitive son of a bitch!

sorry for missing you, i meant to just copy whoever was at the top list

okay so that makes 9

I can fix your lazy eye with my penis.

Drez on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    FUCK YOU MAN

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited April 2010
    FUCK YOU MAN

holy shit dude

hahahahaha

i even asked you and got a yes like three times

i am such an asshole, my bad

are you good for friday and saturday?

Organichu on
    edited April 2010
    Friday definitely, Saturday probably but I can't guarantee. I'm missing a friend's birthday dinner to hang out with you guys! But I see him every day and he decided on that yesterday and I knew about this weeks in advance.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited April 2010
    okay

i'll add you as a mos' def for friday and i'll include you in the reservation at 1pm for klong

Organichu on
    edited April 2010
    i guess that means i shouldnt eat thai tomorrow

ive had thai food like 5 times in the last 2 weeks

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited April 2010
    i can make you a peanut butter sandwich if you'd like

Organichu on
    edited April 2010
    fact 1: i'm allergic to peanuts

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited April 2010
    we can french kiss and you can sluice non-peanut filled food particulates from my saliva

other than that i don't know what you might eat

Organichu on
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    if you guys are still hanging around in Manhattan after 6pm let me know and I'll catch up with you, I work in west soho.

Also, uh, any other food allergies? I am planning to make flatbread pizzas and a few other things.

tapeslinger on
    edited April 2010
    if you guys are still hanging around in Manhattan after 6pm let me know and I'll catch up with you, I work in west soho.

hotness

we're doing lunch around 1pm and then i'm fairly sure elendil wants to go to MoMA. if he does, i'll accompany him. i believe drez would like to drink saturday night. i am unsure whether elendil would like to partake in boozing.

Organichu on
    edited April 2010
    okay

i'll add you as a mos' def for friday and i'll include you in the reservation at 1pm for klong

I just called Mos Def and he said he can't make it but to give you his love.

Drez on
    edited April 2010

hotness

we're doing lunch around 1pm and then i'm fairly sure elendil wants to go to MoMA. if he does, i'll accompany him. i believe drez would like to drink saturday night. i am unsure whether elendil would like to partake in boozing.

I'm definitely going drinking Saturday night no matter what.

Drez on
    edited April 2010
    okay

I just called Mos Def and he said he can't make it but to give you his love.

he is my property

i'm not racist though, i inherited him

Organichu on
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    drinking would be awesome possum
    especially after the week I've had

I also need to reiterate, i am making dinner things because it's a lot more cost effective, so if anyone has any food allergies etc please let me know!

tapeslinger on
    edited April 2010

I also need to reiterate, i am making dinner things because it's a lot more cost effective, so if anyone has any food allergies etc please let me know!

I am most likely not going to make it on Friday but I'm allergic to uranium. I can't eat food that has any uranium in it.

Drez on
    edited April 2010
    jesus, drez

act like you're the only fucking guy at the party

uranium is the base of like, 8 of america's 10 classic meals

but no, it's fine

don't worry about it

i'll eat bread and water because your system's a bitch

it's fine

Organichu on
    edited April 2010

I am most likely not going to make it on Friday but I'm allergic to uranium. I can't eat food that has any uranium in it.

I suppose radium cupcakes are out of the question too :cry:

tapeslinger on
    edited April 2010
    jesus, drez

act like you're the only fucking guy at the party

uranium is the base of like, 8 of america's 10 classic meals

but no, it's fine

don't worry about it

i'll eat bread and water because your system's a bitch

it's fine

Certain uranium isotopes might be fine. I'm not sure.

I suppose radium cupcakes are out of the question too :cry:

Oh yeah that reminds me, no plutonium pancakes or molybdenum muffins either.

Drez on