As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East Costumes '10?

• rubywingsrubywings Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Tal!n wrote: »
    Gentlemen! (And ladies!)

IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1696.jpg

IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

Full album can be seen here: PAX East Album
    That's me and my boyfriend in the first picture - thanks! If anyone has more, please let me know, because we were smart and didn't take a single one of our own x.x

rubywings on
  • scrattatatscrattatat BostonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Everyone's costumes were aaawesome! I hope none of you mind being in my photo album of awesome costume-ness~
    And rainbow, your witch act scared the poo out of me, near fell up the down escalator while standing still. Well done. Well done indeed. *applause*

I went as Eureka from Eureka7 on Saturday(and it's the only time I get to have blue hair ^_^), but as engrossed as I was in taking others' picture, I failed epically at getting any shots of mine. With all the cameras around, I was hoping that someone, somewhere on this thread would have some. x(>_<)x

scrattatat on
    a4VADIl.png eDL5zgd.png
  • Sentient6Sentient6 Mad Grad Student Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Baka_Shade wrote: »
    Tal!n wrote: »
    tf2vk.jpg

Sorry, photomerge wasn't perfect, as you can tell by some clipping on the doors.

Loved this group. Both me and my friend were filming the blue spy following a dude when someone yelled "SPY!" in a pretty good engineer voice. The spy immediately spun and started walking off nonchalantly as the guy looked behind him.

Also saw that pyro hanging around in the Pru, posing for pictures at a flower shop and inadvertently scaring a little kid shitless. :lol:

I indeed have terrible cellphone footage of the spy encounter, complete with my loud irritating laugh at the end. Trying to put it on youtube, but the internet hates me. I really need to bring a legit camera next year.

Sentient6 on
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Uhm.. suggestion to spoiler the really really long posts with pictures? Having to scroll down a million and 1 times to look for something and/or get to the bottom can get painful ;p

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • ShilohShiloh Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    just a few from a few different places, and quite a few taken from my wife's camera

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=167438&id=500035739&l=bcd8975b6e

Shiloh on
    Be excellent to each other!
  • RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    scrattatat wrote: »
    Everyone's costumes were aaawesome! I hope none of you mind being in my photo album of awesome costume-ness~
    And rainbow, your witch act scared the poo out of me, near fell up the down escalator while standing still. Well done. Well done indeed. *applause*

I went as Eureka from Eureka7 on Saturday(and it's the only time I get to have blue hair ^_^), but as engrossed as I was in taking others' picture, I failed epically at getting any shots of mine. With all the cameras around, I was hoping that someone, somewhere on this thread would have some. x(>_<)x

Thank you very much! : D
    Oh MAN I wish I saw you! I would have taken a picture before you could say "the PAX scarves are sold out". I hope my friend saw you when she went Saturday. I'll ask if she got a picture - I know she likes that series.

I second the spoiler notion.

I'll start a PAX East '11 cosplay thread, if you want.

RainbowTunnel on
  • crimsong19crimsong19 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    crimsong19 on
    PAX East status: Hotel [X] Three-day passes [] Two one-day passes [X] Cookie recipes [X] Transportation [X]
  • RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
  • Sentient6Sentient6 Mad Grad Student Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sorry about that. I'm dumb. Here's that video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SyBowTtTVs

Sentient6 on
  • aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    aerynkelly on
    fss_overall.png
  • mygiantrobotmygiantrobot Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Random question, but I know people took pics of me: I dressed up as Yoshi on Fri/Sat afternoons. Anyone have any? Thanks!

mygiantrobot on
    <kelp> i'm in ur oceans, housin ur otters

I make costumes.
    edited April 2010
    Someone (on one of these threads somewhere) was looking for the mario/luigi twins - I found them! http://www.sitsam.com/random/pax-east-cosplay/attachment/2010-03-28-14-52-45/

aerynkelly on
    fss_overall.png
  • sadfacemansadfaceman Registered User new member
    edited April 2010
    A couple requested pictures, I posted my flicker photostream earlier so the requesters may have seen these but here they are anyway:

4474179754_12cb7bf5b9_b.jpg

4473403217_3e5b5f5486_b.jpg

and again, my flicker account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sadfaceman/

sadfaceman on
  • StaxeonStaxeon Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    archer823 wrote: »
    I just put up what I got of you spying on day 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsN3ANlGhw0

lmfao awesome man. can't believe that guy didn't notice me when i was literally standing up breathing on the back of his head haha
    Baka_Shade wrote:
    Loved this group. Both me and my friend were filming the blue spy following a dude when someone yelled "SPY!" in a pretty good engineer voice. The spy immediately spun and started walking off nonchalantly as the guy looked behind him.

hahaha awesome, those onlookers doing their "verbal spy checks" always kept me on my toes :P

Tal!n that is an absolutely AWESOME picture of all of us. well done good sir *claps*

anyone have any pics or vids of Dr. McNinja from day three??

You gave me the opportunity to take my favorite pic of the whole con.
    normal_spystalk.jpg
    Love how the guy is clueless as to why I'm taking his picture.

Also, my wife got a pic of Dr. McNinja on her camera. She didn't know who he was, just took a pic, and when I saw it I was complete "ZOMG!!". Once I get her camera in my hands I'll post it.

Staxeon on
    Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
    No man should have that kind of power.
    (Twitter)
  • papaprinnypapaprinny Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I can't believe nobody posted a picture of the Swangee Man cosplayer yet. This guy was amazing. Here's one of the many photos I took:
    4480453439_125766d1b0_o.jpg

papaprinny on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig1.jpg
  • ShadowsDieAwayShadowsDieAway Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    @crimsong19 (pictures): awesome album!!! your camera is awesome, and you took such amazing pictures. i took a look at your FB album and you took some frakken awesome shots

@Sentient6 (the video): i remember that one haha, awesome again

@Staxeon (picture): HOLY FRAKKING HELL that is my favorite picture now too hahahaha. i think that guy turned around after that and i had to talk off, but that is an "in the moment" picture haha. amazing

ShadowsDieAway on
  • mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Swangee cosplayer was Enforcer Drain, one of the Tabletop deputy managers.

When he came into tabletop in costume I not only didn't realize it was Drain, I also thought he was a Geth (Mass Effect) for some reason. X__X

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • ArcanicEightArcanicEight Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This is the only pic of me that I found so far 0624.500x_5F00_027_2D00_1280.jpg

YOU! I have a picture with you and I! Loved the pills, it was a pleasure meeting you.

LFD2Cosplay.jpg

ArcanicEight on
  • Commander CainCommander Cain Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    papaprinny wrote: »
    I can't believe nobody posted a picture of the Swangee Man cosplayer yet. This guy was amazing. Here's one of the many photos I took:
    4480453439_125766d1b0_o.jpg

I think this is one of the best costumes at all of PAX, love it!

Commander Cain on
    E68SJmZ.png
  • JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The witch got a hell of a lot of coverage on xplay just a few minutes ago

JonnyNero on
  • scrattatatscrattatat BostonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    scrattatat wrote: »

Thank you very much! : D
    Oh MAN I wish I saw you! I would have taken a picture before you could say "the PAX scarves are sold out". I hope my friend saw you when she went Saturday. I'll ask if she got a picture - I know she likes that series.

I second the spoiler notion.

I'll start a PAX East '11 cosplay thread, if you want.

'tis an adorable series, that Eureka7. I've been scouring every pax photo album I can find with no success.. TO CONTINUE THE HUNT!

Also I triple'd the spoiler suggestion. As beautiful as you all are, the super-scrolling is tiring.

scrattatat on
    a4VADIl.png eDL5zgd.png
  • TavataarTavataar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    JonnyNero wrote: »

Voila!

http://g4tv.com/videos/45112/PAX-East-2010-SIghts-Sounds-and-Smells/

Tavataar on
    -Tavataar
  • HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tavataar wrote: »
    JonnyNero wrote: »

Voila!

http://g4tv.com/videos/45112/PAX-East-2010-SIghts-Sounds-and-Smells/

I wonder why, she was basically in her underwear lol. Not that I'm complaining :D

Halfazedninja on
    My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

edited April 2010
    @crimsong19 (pictures): awesome album!!! your camera is awesome, and you took such amazing pictures. i took a look at your FB album and you took some frakken awesome shots

@Staxeon (picture): HOLY FRAKKING HELL that is my favorite picture now too hahahaha. i think that guy turned around after that and i had to talk off, but that is an "in the moment" picture haha. amazing

Thank you ... but how'd you see the Facebook album?

crimsong19 on
    PAX East status: Hotel [X] Three-day passes [] Two one-day passes [X] Cookie recipes [X] Transportation [X]
  • OnmitsuOnmitsu I'm just a birdie Ca-caw, ca-caw!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well, since everyone's posting their costume photos from the on, might as well post mine XD

Me versus the COG soldier... I have this sneaking suspicion my Mage Shield isn't going to hold up very well, but for some reason I do look foolishly confident.

4477822756_9c37abf72f.jpg

And my group of friends with the COOLEST enforcer at the whole damn show. Meatshield, you rock.

4477821422_f8005bfb83.jpg

My friend took a bunch of pictures which I posted to Flickr which people are welcome to check out http://www.flickr.com/photos/onmitsu/ though I don't know how interesting all of it will be XD

Onmitsu on
    Man, even Dora the Explorer thinks you're slow.
  • KevinTheJamesKevinTheJames Registered User new member
    edited April 2010
    Luigi_603 wrote: »
    My twin brother and I were Mario & Luigi on Sunday. Not some amateur Mario Bros either, we had beards all month so we could sculpt them into authentic mustaches for the show, and we are very authentic identical twin italian brothers from the North Shore.

We had at least 100 people take our pictures on Sunday, but I never let anybody use MY CAMERA. So, needless to say, were kind of bumming we cant show people at work why we looked like homeless people all month. I found a picture of us with the Ghostbusters squad on flickr, but nothing on major sites or anywhere else. So here I am. If anyone has photos I'd love to see um.

Thanks, Luigi

Ask and ye shall receive!

MarioBros.jpg

Courtesy of my friend Dan Hamilton.

KevinTheJames on
  • 'T''T' King in the North BostonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My twin brother and I were Mario & Luigi on Sunday. Not some amateur Mario Bros either, we had beards all month so we could sculpt them into authentic mustaches for the show, and we are very authentic identical twin italian brothers from the North Shore.

We had at least 100 people take our pictures on Sunday, but I never let anybody use MY CAMERA. So, needless to say, were kind of bumming we cant show people at work why we looked like homeless people all month. I found a picture of us with the Ghostbusters squad on flickr, but nothing on major sites or anywhere else. So here I am. If anyone has photos I'd love to see um.

Thanks, Luigi

Ask and ye shall receive!
    MarioBros.jpg

Courtesy of my friend Dan Hamilton.

Hiya, person who took the picture. Here's the full res one and the quote that I put with it.

huge image removed
    Everyone has seen a picture of a Mario and Luigi at one of these things. But these two are actual brothers and have real mustaches. They deserve this picture.

'T' on
    15e5VyH.png
    edited April 2010
    crimsong19 wrote: »

Thank you ... but how'd you see the Facebook album?

you had a link up in this thread that linked to a few pics from your FB which is how i found it originally. also my girlfriend Xander (the TF2 medic) friended you so i went through all the pics in awe

ShadowsDieAway on
  • feboeefeboee Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    A few from my lense:

aWzd3l.jpg

IvEgpl.jpg

P12QBl.jpg
    Me (Scout) with my Heavy drummer and Spy guitarist in the Rock Band lounge

giUzil.jpg

In the last one, you can see one of my friends (the only thing in focus) falling in love with Dead Space man. So you know, all the girls in my group agreed that you had a nice butt.

feboee on
  • capnjackcapnjack Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My twin brother and I were Mario & Luigi on Sunday.

You guys are fucking awesome!

capnjack on
    Q: "You are in the garden. You see a rose bush. You have a fishing rod. Exits are North, South and IN."
    A: "What do you want from me?!?!?"
  • Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    @RainbowTunnel

Well you have done it and won PAX. I was just out to lunch with a co-worker. Mid 40s, not really a gamer himself, has a couple kids who are. He asked me about the "video game convention" I went to in Boston. Said he ended up on G4TV while changing channels and saw some stuff about it there. "I saw this crazy chick on there running around in white underwear acting like a witch? from a game."

Everyone knows who you are now. World famous I suppose.

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
    edited April 2010
    you had a link up in this thread that linked to a few pics from your FB which is how i found it originally. also my girlfriend Xander (the TF2 medic) friended you so i went through all the pics in awe
    Hrm ... I haven't gotten any invites from anyone named Xander ...

crimsong19 on
    edited April 2010
    crimsong19 wrote: »
    Hrm ... I haven't gotten any invites from anyone named Xander ...

her full name's Alexandria. she was dressed as the TF2 red medic in our group

ShadowsDieAway on
  • pobblebonkpobblebonk Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    hey guys, to those that aren't in the costumes thread i'll extend this to here:

if anyone has any pics or vids of us please post them here or send me the link! thank you!!!

Got a pic of Dr Mcninja. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1110621&l=5c4c57caab&id=1252095861 Spot on costume too.

Not sure which group of TF2 guys you meant, I got one shot. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1110561&l=356d3e4038&id=1252095861

pobblebonk on
    edited April 2010
    pobblebonk wrote: »

if anyone has any pics or vids of us please post them here or send me the link! thank you!!!

Got a pic of Dr Mcninja. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1110621&l=5c4c57caab&id=1252095861 Spot on costume too.

Not sure which group of TF2 guys you meant, I got one shot. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1110561&l=356d3e4038&id=1252095861

awesome! thank you, and yup that's us. we friended the blue sniper/blue medic/blue engineer combo later on. your Guybrush and Elaine cosplays were awesome, spot on! nice job

ShadowsDieAway on
    edited April 2010
    Rainbow Tunnel did you see this youtube vid Gabriel tweeted? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqS7ijbnjHI

aerynkelly on
    fss_overall.png
    edited April 2010
    pobblebonk wrote: »

awesome! thank you, and yup that's us. we friended the blue sniper/blue medic/blue engineer combo later on. your Guybrush and Elaine cosplays were awesome, spot on! nice job

She was meant to be Morgan LeFlay. :-P It's ok, nobody else got it either, she didn't really want to cut her hair.
    Back in January I'd organised to have a real tailored Guybrush jacket made by some guy in New Zealand who makes movie replica clothing. We organised all the details back then but with a week to go before PAX he emails me to say that it's been sent... to my house... in Australia. RAAAGE!!!
    Luckily my friend is as handy with duct tape as she is with throwing fruit pies.

pobblebonk on
    edited April 2010
    aerynkelly wrote: »
    Rainbow Tunnel did you see this youtube vid Gabriel tweeted? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqS7ijbnjHI

and now it's on the main site...

YOU MADE IT

pobblebonk on
  • lkhushrenadalkhushrenada Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This is the only pic of me that I found so far 0624.500x_5F00_027_2D00_1280.jpg

It's you! I was Zoey (The Asian Zoey lol). Our pics are on the albums on my signature but I am super bad with making links... and posting pics...bc they are too big >_<.

lkhushrenada on
    edited April 2010
    lmfao just found an awesome vid. love the ending

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhXu1eiEYEA

ShadowsDieAway on
This discussion has been closed.