As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, the Name Game {Tourney Spreadsheet in OP}

• MouschiMouschi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    guys i'm trying to find a friend of mine

he's about 8 feet tall

brown hair, all over

on fire

goes by the name of tibbers

HAVE YOU SEEN MY BEAR TIBBERS? (I just played Annie for the first time outside practice games and omg.)

Mouschi on
    1848717-1.png
    Gamertag: Cunning Hekate // League of Legends: FeroxPA
  • IgelIgel Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Mouschi wrote: »

he's about 8 feet tall

brown hair, all over

on fire

HAVE YOU SEEN MY BEAR TIBBERS? (I just played Annie for the first time outside practice games and omg.)

She is quite fantastic. Have you seen Nisi play?

I mention it because I've basically stolen the way she play/builds her and it's quite effective.

Igel on
  • NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Tibbers hugs are burny.

Nisi on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    well.

my taric cho ezreal team is getting blanked by a alistar janna zilean team.

Jasconius on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    twisted fate is hilarious on TT

PiptheFair on
  • CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Igel wrote: »
    Mouschi wrote: »

he's about 8 feet tall

brown hair, all over

on fire

She is quite fantastic. Have you seen Nisi play?

I mention it because I've basically stolen the way she play/builds her and it's quite effective.

You wanna play too? Erll be fun. Also, are the servers down?

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
    edited April 2010
    They were acting poorly about an hour ago. Sure hope I can get one more round in tonight.

Jasconius on
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Feldorn wrote: »
    i want to play some karthus this week. almost every time i see him it makes the game very annoying.

I played a game with him on SR where I had 50 magic pen (10 from runes, 20 from sorc boots, 20 from haunting guise) and only one of thier champs had more than that. So everything was hitting for full damage.

By the end of the game I had 500 AP and was destroying anything that even got close to me, and then they'd focus fire me down and all die anyway after I was dead. He's fun, because he's a pain in the ass and when he kills you after he dies it's rage-inducing.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    edited April 2010
    unfortunately he's also pretty easy to harass.

You either have to play mid so you can't get double teamed (because you will die quickly to a double team), or have a really good lane partner.

AP stacking Karthus though is a kill machine.

Jasconius on
  • Banana-ManBanana-Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Goddamn if I'm having problems landing KB's with Sion.

Dudezor is slow. Awesome, but slow.

Banana-Man on
    :shock:
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ghost

boots of swiftness

quickness talent

and if on TT: HOLY SHIT CREST OF FLOWING WATER WHAT IS THAT A TWO MINUTE GHOST NO WAIT IT IS BETTER BY 5% WHAT THE SHIT HE JUST CHASED DOWN AND KILLED ALL THREE OF US

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I find it hard to enjoy Twisted Treeline. Game's imbalanced enough on Summoner's Rift; it just gets ridiculous in TT.

But then I'm kinda like that.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dkarrde wrote: »
    I find it hard to enjoy Twisted Treeline. Game's imbalanced enough on Summoner's Rift; it just gets ridiculous in TT.

how a completely symmetrical map imbalanced

PiptheFair on
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i think he means that the shape of the map and number of players can really affect the balance of champions

the map causes champions balanced for 5v5 on a large map to be imbalanced 3v3 on a small map

tanks built to take the dps of 5 people rule in 3v3

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
    edited April 2010
    raping faces with warwick

my friend and I did a Shaco/Warwick pairing and we took an annie/shen/panth combo to the house

I was 9/1/12 and he was 12/2/something

Jasconius on
    edited April 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Dkarrde wrote: »

how a completely symmetrical map imbalanced

Death timers are too long on TT. They need to be reduced to half (plus maybe 10s to keep them fairly long at lower levels) because otherwise the first Ace of the game wins the game flat out.

Inhibs also need to respawn faster, you need to not get 2x super minions with inhibs down, and there should be 2 nexus turrets. The way it stands, the first team to down an inhib does so on the first ace, and that team wins invariably. You just can't push back from that like you can on SR.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • FalstaffFalstaff Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I would submit that the movement towards fast and tense games that literally start at level 1 (instead of laning until ten minutes in) actually constitutes an improvement. Getting aced makes you likely to lose the game? I'm so down with that. Tanks are more powerful? Shit, I love playing tanks!

Falstaff on
    Still verbing the adjective noun.
    edited April 2010
    Falstaff wrote: »
    I would submit that the movement towards fast and tense games that literally start at level 1 (instead of laning until ten minutes in) actually constitutes an improvement. Getting aced makes you likely to lose the game? I'm so down with that. Tanks are more powerful? Shit, I love playing tanks!

The thought of one mistake losing me the whole game tends to paralyze me. Obviously not a flaw of the game, but just thinking of playing TTL makes me unhappy.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010

I love the idea that team fights start at one, but tehre are two problems with that:

A: some champs are useless at 1 in team fights, making them useless on TT as a whole

B: respawn timers are too long, and a lost team fight at levels 10+ on TT can very well lose you the game.

If you respawned faster you'd be less penalized for losing a team fight on TT, while your opponents still get the gold and some push time. As it stands, any Ace means that at least one tower goes down, possibly two, and it's way easier to score an Ace in 3v3 than in 5v5.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    edited April 2010
    Losing usually makes me unhappy, but taking 45 minutes to lose can make me furious.

Edit: some champions are essentially useless until level 6 or so in SR, and some lane matchups will have you hugging a tower for upwards of 6 minutes. I acknowledge that many champions are not balanced for 3v3, but I also circumvent this "problem" by not playing them.

Falstaff on
    edited April 2010
    Losing usually makes me unhappy, but taking 45 minutes to lose can make me furious.

If it's a hard-fought game, no big deal. A 45 minute loss isn't usually a steamroll.

TT can turn into a steamroll because of one msitake at minute 10, which you could turn into a win on SR if you bounced back. There's no bounceback on TT, and the team with the most tanks and revives wins.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    edited April 2010
    I don't have a problem with the respawn timers. It all depends on your team.

I dominated with a Warwick/Shaco/Ryze team but it took us a solid 30 minutes to win, even with a couple of aces, because one of us would always be dead and I believe the opposing Annie had revive so it was hard to push a tower with just two of us with the threat of Tibbers looming large.

What I don't like is how 2 or 3 quick deaths can often mean the game is over. I wouldn't mind seeing gold rewards for kills toned down a bit to prevent people from getting boots and BF swords within 7 minutes.

Jasconius on
    edited April 2010
    I have no problem losing or winning 3 TTs in the time it takes to play one SR. Quite the contrary, in fact.

Edit: not trying to argue or offend here. Just saying I'm liking the fast and furious pacing that TT represents. New builds, new strategies, new champ hierarchy, good times. Long live the fatty fights!

Falstaff on
    edited April 2010
    Poppy is ownage, as I suspected.

I believe Shaco/Poppy/Warwick would be an unstoppable team.

The reason why I include warwick here is because his E combined with lizard buff makes him an unbelievable finisher, and his passive/Q make him the pro-est worry free jungler IMO.

Jasconius on
  • DrijenDrijen Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have no problem losing or winning 3 TTs in the time it takes to play one SR. Quite the contrary, in fact.

Edit: not trying to argue or offend here. Just saying I'm liking the fast and furious pacing that TT represents. New builds, new strategies, new champ hierarchy, good times. Long live the fatty fights!

I agree. I miss some of the late game/gameplay elements that are missing in TT but I absolutely love the immediacy of the action and the way the game flows; even if it means I lose. I'd take a quick loss because we were outclassed/outplayed/had morons over being able to drag it out forrrever on SR if your team feels like it.

It might not be balanced, and I do think they could take steps to correct that, but I'll still take it because, for me, its much more fun.

Plus I love Mundo to death and he dominates if given even half a chance so I may be biased.

Drijen on
    edited April 2010
    Is it just me or is Cho'Gath really bad on this map? I haven't seen a Cho on a winning team yet.

Jasconius on
    edited April 2010
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Is it just me or is Cho'Gath really bad on this map? I haven't seen a Cho on a winning team yet.

I'd expect he has problems because he doesn't have a ton of killing power. His strengths lie in CC and pushing and health; silencing and tossing people in teamfights, wading right in, chewing on somebody weakened and just generally stomping around like a complete asshole. Many of these strengths are sidelined in TT.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Ohhh jeez, new champs. Time to bone up on Shaco/Warwick and hope for the best.

Ooooooh, Ezreal is interesting. Dunno how he'd fare against people who know what to do against him but the concept is really attractive to me. Just wish he could farm at all outside of using Trueshot as a line nuke up a lane. Dude is starved for gold to make him solid and has no efficient way to do it outside of stacking the AS passive and having a Rageblade to single target creeps down. Although once he has that it becomes pretty easy.

Drijen on
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So, TT is pretty much amazing.

I've been playing it a lot recently. Really enjoying the difference. Preferring it so far to SR, but we'll see if that holds true long term.

Wards are a huge must. Ward everything. Or shroom it. Also, Teemo is awesome on TT despite what I was reading earlier. Never seen a Teemo do poorly (knock on wood).

As to champions, I think certain champs are a bit better or worse, but I wouldn't go crazy. I've seen Karthus as Tier 4 out of 5 on some lists, and I clean the fuck up with Karthus. I also play tons of Shen, but everyone knows how that works.

I generally am against queue dodging, but an Eve / Twitch / xxx team, like I fought the other day, is just doomed to failure. I dumped 2000 gold on stealth detection, and the end result is we beat them like a drum during a music festival.

I had a match with Shen (me), TF, and one other. It was pretty much awesome. Every lane effectively had 2-3 heroes in it at all times.

My worst game on TT was against a super Nidalee. Don't know what her deal was, but she hit like a mountain thrown by an angry god. She could solo kill someone <1.5 seconds if they stood still.

programjunkie on
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I dislike Twitch players who stealth, approach a fight, and never engage.

Shamus on
  • cwapfobrainscwapfobrains Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm on a 5 game winning streak in solo queue on Mundo in TT.

Holy shit was that last game infuriating though. It was me, a Chogoth and an Udyr. They rarely talked, the chogoth did not listen to anything. Just stuck to the opposite lane, trying to get a tower down. It was 2v3 too, their Tristana left right off the bat. We won, but Nunu got several aces, and it took us a good 35-40 minutes. Since the Chogoth was dicking around in another lane, it was Udyr and Me versus the TF and Nunu, and the Udyr liked to charge in with his shield, thinking it made him invincible or something, only to get Focused down, leaving me running from Nunu, which usually does not end well.

They also both seemed to think Nunu wanted a hug when he ulted.

cwapfobrains on
    camo_sig.png
    LoL Summoner: infobrains | XBL: cwap4brains | PSN: infobrains
    edited April 2010
    Shamus wrote: »
    I dislike Twitch players who stealth, approach a fight, and never engage.

I dislike all Twitch players, on the basis 90% of games is him being bullshit fed or a bullshit feeder. Annoying fucking hero, and he has very little depth to his play.

programjunkie on
    edited April 2010
    I'm on a 5 game winning streak in solo queue on Mundo in TT.

Holy shit was that last game infuriating though. It was me, a Chogoth and an Udyr. They rarely talked, the chogoth did not listen to anything. Just stuck to the opposite lane, trying to get a tower down. It was 2v3 too, their Tristana left right off the bat. We won, but Nunu got several aces, and it took us a good 35-40 minutes. Since the Chogoth was dicking around in another lane, it was Udyr and Me versus the TF and Nunu, and the Udyr liked to charge in with his shield, thinking it made him invincible or something, only to get Focused down, leaving me running from Nunu, which usually does not end well.

They also both seemed to think Nunu wanted a hug when he ulted.

Regardless of that game your choice to go Mundo is absolutely the correct one. I just lost a 9 game streak with him earlier today due to BS but at no point is a giant bastard who can crack skulls and chase you down a bad idea.

It seems to me that Cho is going to be sub-par this week on TT. He goes beast mode during midgame on SR but I don't know if he has the time to farm up what he needs on the shorter timer and his skills, barring the popup, or silence on caster heavy teams, seem to be lacking compared to other tank choices and other picks can do his shtick better.

Mind you I hope I'm wrong because I hate playing Shaco no matter how easy it is and Warwick just bugs me but up against the inevitable shaco/wick/xxx team I just don't know what to do outside of fatties.

Drijen on
  • CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You can type /ignore player ingame! This is the best thing. Also, it is now free Ezreal week. He is in every game and seems fun to play. I'm leaning towards AP Ez for more healing and devastating ult.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
    edited April 2010
    Honestly, this matchmaking is ridiculous.

How it thought putting a level 2 / 15 / 20 against a 21 / 29 / 29 was a good idea, I don't know. We lost <25 minutes, in case anyone had some silly notion it might be otherwise.

I'm a pretty good Shen, but damn.

programjunkie on
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wow. AP Shaco is... wow.

People start to fear that fucking shiv.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Honestly, this matchmaking is ridiculous.

How it thought putting a level 2 / 15 / 20 against a 21 / 29 / 29 was a good idea, I don't know. We lost <25 minutes, in case anyone had some silly notion it might be otherwise.

I'm a pretty good Shen, but damn.

E

L

O

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited April 2010
    Luckily Twitch doesn't appear to be that great of a TT character. He needs a few levels to become dangerous. He's pretty junky those first 3-5 levels.

ELO is fine Zen but when 12's get matched up against 30's with 300+ wins (and by consequence a full book of tier 3 runes) there's a problem.

Of course he probably didn't have it that bad with 29's, but I've seen wider disparities.

Jasconius on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    They could also have 300+ losses

Zen Vulgarity on
  • NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Skilled players will advance through levels quickly, and higher level players have more gameplay experience, this does not however mean that all high level players are more skilled. I mean isn't mooman level 30? And he's terrible. You do not need skill to reach 30, just time and lots of games played. Extra runes and mastery points aren't going to help you much if you're terrible. How often does this topic come up, like once every 3 pages?

Nisi on