As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, the Name Game {Tourney Spreadsheet in OP}

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yes it does

Mainly because you never really see ELO

Zen Vulgarity on
  • NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's like being level 80 in World of Warcraft, everyone knows that takes mad skill.

Nisi on
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    nisi penis factor is over 1 million.

TyrantCow on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nisi has a bigger penis than you

Zen Vulgarity on
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Honestly, this matchmaking is ridiculous.

How it thought putting a level 2 / 15 / 20 against a 21 / 29 / 29 was a good idea, I don't know. We lost <25 minutes, in case anyone had some silly notion it might be otherwise.

I'm a pretty good Shen, but damn.

E

L

O

I was the only one of the lot who likely has a really good ELO. The level 2 in particular by definition has a near starting ELO. And my level 15 friend has a pretty checkered past. I'd been on a win streak, but still...

I'm sure it has come up, but I felt like bitching, because this case was especially egregious. Nothing like explaining basic game mechanics and how heroes work while a premade on vent with synergistic heroes and summoner spells wrecks your shit.

programjunkie on
    edited April 2010
    Honestly, this matchmaking is ridiculous.

How it thought putting a level 2 / 15 / 20 against a 21 / 29 / 29 was a good idea, I don't know. We lost <25 minutes, in case anyone had some silly notion it might be otherwise.

I'm a pretty good Shen, but damn.

E

L

O

I was the only one of the lot who likely has a really good ELO. The level 2 in particular by definition has a near starting ELO. And my level 15 friend has a pretty checkered past. I'd been on a win streak, but still...

I'm sure it has come up, but I felt like bitching, because this case was especially egregious. Nothing like explaining basic game mechanics and how heroes work while a premade on vent with synergistic heroes and summoner spells wrecks your shit.

there's your problem, practice games exist for a reason.

TyrantCow on
    edited April 2010

Maybe the opposing higher level players are really bad, and have a record worse than mine. I am pretty terrible though.

Nisi on
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    yeah, AP shaco is pretty insane on TT with the amount of jungle fights that go on, you are inevitably going to hit a patch of jack in the boxes. Not to mention fucking Shen + Shaco means almost instantly 2 dudes are gonna appear.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    played karthus last night with some other PAers. he is a lot of fun.

the anivia on the other team was really good. but fortunately moo plays a passable sion and stuned her for the rest of us.

Feldorn on
  • ZealotZealot Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    attachment.php?attachmentid=22734&d=1270135305

Zealot on
    steam_sig.png
  • cwapfobrainscwapfobrains Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    R.I.P. Urf

(blatantly stolen from the thread on the LoL forums)
    oh-the-huge-manatee.jpg

cwapfobrains on
    camo_sig.png
    LoL Summoner: infobrains | XBL: cwap4brains | PSN: infobrains
    edited April 2010
    Feldorn wrote: »
    played karthus last night with some other PAers. he is a lot of fun.

the anivia on the other team was really good. but fortunately moo plays a passable sion and stuned her for the rest of us.

that was a crazy game

i've never seen someone run like that articuno. team fight starts at mid and i pop my shield up and b-line to her. she starts running towards their golem. i chase. we're about at the golem, and i just say 'fuck it'. turn around to get back to the fight, and it's drifted towards our golem, almost half the map between us. it was cool though; because, without their articuno their whole team was destroyed by ours. i believe we traded 3 kills for no deaths in that fight.

TyrantCow on
    edited April 2010
    pretty much, winbird if you will.

but yea, the rest of them were sub par compared to our mans.

on the other hand, i learned the importance of getting zhonya's on AP champs. having 450 AP on karthus was nice. i was hitting for 250ish on my lay waste, and 500ish on single targets.

just need one more seal of evasion and then i'll stock up on clarity seals for my caster page. then MPen.

Feldorn on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just had a game as Udyr on SR where my only death was at the beginning of the game after trying to take out the golem too early and ran out of mana. It was slightly embarrassing, but we went to win that match and it was indeed my only death.

reVerse on
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I still maintain that dying to creeps when trying to jungle is by far the most shameful death there is.

Also I haven't played in a few days because I've won 9 in a row and I fear losing the next game and ruining EVERYTHING.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
    edited April 2010
    FightTest wrote: »
    I still maintain that dying to creeps when trying to jungle is by far the most shameful death there is.

Yes, yes it is.

reVerse on
    edited April 2010
    No, dieing to an afk Ashe in mid is probably the worst.

:?

Nisi on
    edited April 2010
    Nisi the Terrible

Zen Vulgarity on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dying to a turret while stealthed.

Jasconius on
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dying to Nisi, ever.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
    edited April 2010
    Dying to Reagan, ever.

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited April 2010
    pre-TF changes gating into the opposing team's spawn

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i've been grinding Ip all day so i can buy warwick and get the urf skin =( 300 away, i could scream

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
    edited April 2010
    Not sure if you Americans are experiencing this, but on Euro-LoL after the countdown reaches zero and "battle is about to begin", it takes 5+ minutes until the game actually starts.

reVerse on
    edited April 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    Not sure if you Americans are experiencing this, but on Euro-LoL after the countdown reaches zero and "battle is about to begin", it takes 5+ minutes until the game actually starts.

Happens sometimes. One time had that happen and the game had actually started, but you had to close the client and reconnect to get in. So 3 members of the opposite team were already level 3 before we got in.

Nisi on
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Dying to a turret while stealthed.

I saw that happen to a teammate the other night. I just shook my head.

I have run many solo practise games just to make sure I know exactly what I need to do with my preferred jungling champ (Warwick) so that I don't humiliate myself by dying. Of course, then as soon as I tried to actually use those skills in a 5v5 (though still practise) game, I got ganked hard.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    edited April 2010
    Nisi wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »

Happens sometimes. One time had that happen and the game had actually started, but you had to close the client and reconnect to get in. So 3 members of the opposite team were already level 3 before we got in.

Nah, that's not going on here. It happens with every game, and when everyone gets in the game they're all level 1. If you shut down the client while it's waiting it counts as queuedodging and everyone else gets put back to the queue.

reVerse on
  • zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    best april fools ever

zanmatto on
    edited April 2010
    i died twice to golem as shaco once

once at level 1 and then i thought i could do it at level 4 with like 3 jack in the boxes cause i wanted to get back to the lane quick

i was wrong

it made me laugh

not so much my team

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    any thoughts on a poppy build for TT?

HP rather than life-steal or working toward Sheen to start?

INeedNoSalt on
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have enough points to buy shen, mord, or gragas. I enjoyed playing gragas when he was free, but know shen or mord would be more useful. Shen can be anywhere, but Morde is a walking wall of steel. I can't decide!

Arrath on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    mord is way cooler and not likely to get nerfed like shen is

PiptheFair on
    edited April 2010
    any thoughts on a poppy build for TT?

HP rather than life-steal or working toward Sheen to start?

well, i would either start with doran's shield, boots, or cloth armor, build tabi (most likely boots imo) then brutalizer or sheen, then work on rageblade perhaps.

Feldorn on
    edited April 2010
    doran's shield and health pot
    ninja tabi
    phage/frozen mallet
    then maybe brutalizer or sheen

PiptheFair on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    just did Twisted Treeline with a Yi

who died 10 times

in the first 15 minutes

HOW?

INeedNoSalt on
    edited April 2010
    if you guys thought jax was OP on summoner's rift

FUCK twisted treeline

a map usually about outlasting the other with mad HPs and a champion who gets HPs from stacking mad damage

so angry

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My first match with the Urf skin has brought me great fortune.

7/0/5

Jasconius on
    edited April 2010
    nealcm wrote: »

FUCK twisted treeline

a map usually about outlasting the other with mad HPs and a champion who gets HPs from stacking mad damage

so angry

jax/shen/twisted fate is literally the worst thing ever to face on TT

PiptheFair on
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Morde is hilarious fun and I love having a 2nd health bar. I'm working on refining an item build, vaguely visage/warmogs and going from there. Any tips?

Arrath on
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    nealcm wrote: »

FUCK twisted treeline

so angry

jax/shen/twisted fate is literally the worst thing ever to face on TT

I solo queued that once. We won.

programjunkie on