As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East Curse Word

capnjackcapnjack Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in PAX Archive
Did anyone hear or use the new curse word that was declared by Tycho after the keynote?

Post your stories here.
I believe it was "drooling cunt".

Q: "You are in the garden. You see a rose bush. You have a fishing rod. Exits are North, South and IN."
A: "What do you want from me?!?!?"
capnjack on

• Options
    HunterAngelHunterAngel Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Drooling, not drilling

HunterAngel on
    Monty: Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't I been inside you?
  • Options
    AfroJAfroJ Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I didn't hear it being used but I heard another new one during one of the QAs.
    junk slut

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Drooling, not drilling

Thank you, makes more sense now.

capnjack on
    Q: "You are in the garden. You see a rose bush. You have a fishing rod. Exits are North, South and IN."
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Come on, nobody likes curse words? It was even said in the PA panel on Friday!

capnjack on
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Just throwin this out there, but using the c-word in the company of females is probably not going to earn you any new friends, and just might get you a slap in the face.

Junkslut was much better. Good word to use to refer to people who go shwag crazy.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    Kirby PufociaKirby Pufocia Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sounds presumptuous and sexist to me - I don't get bent out of shape when ladies say "cock" in my presence, despite it being the "worst" mainstream word to refer to genitalia that I happen to have taken purchase of at an early stage of life.

Also I don't self-censor, but since the spoiler tags are like a theme now I guess I'll have to indulge myself. My favorite curse is
    taint-jockey.

Kirby Pufocia on
    Kirby Pufocia,
    metroidmetal.com
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Any ladies attending PAX have undoubtedly heard the c-word before. Especially if it's used in jest.

capnjack on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I see what you're driving at, but don't you think in extreme social situations like PAX it is better to err on the side of not being a dick?

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    If we were talking about being at the con and screaming choice words for all to hear, sure, I will agree with you, that shit isn't necessary - and wouldn't be no matter what word you were using, including "banana" or "cashew."

On a message board, in a thread specifically dedicated to cursing? I am going to have a lot less sympathy for anybody getting offended. Particularly if it's completely one-sided (I notice you didn't censor the word "dick").

Perhaps we will have to agree to disagree on this point.

Kirby Pufocia on
    Kirby Pufocia,
    metroidmetal.com
  • Options
    RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think the last couple of posters are missing the point.

I was at the panel and the person who asked the question asked what the PAX East curse word is going to be. Mike and Jerry knew what he was talking about as I guess there is a PAX West curse word and they did one up on the spot.

I don't know in what context it is supposed to be used in or the history but it has nothing to do with being a dick. Its something to do with PAX West and bringing a tradition over to PAX East.

Rdr on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yeah I think it depends on the context. Everybody should already be aware of "silly goose", and I'm sure if this year's curse was widely used (jokingly of course), then it wouldn't be dickish after the initial shock wore off.

But then, maybe that's why I didn't hear anyone saying it. Maybe everyone thought it was too dickish.

capnjack on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    If we were talking about being at the con and screaming choice words for all to hear, sure, I will agree with you, that shit isn't necessary - and wouldn't be no matter what word you were using, including "banana" or "cashew."

On a message board, in a thread specifically dedicated to cursing? I am going to have a lot less sympathy for anybody getting offended. Particularly if it's completely one-sided (I notice you didn't censor the word "dick").

You guys rocked too hard for us to disagree.

I'm specifically talking about being in a public situation. I certainly hope people don't get offended by words on the internet (but they do).

We could talk ad nauseum as to why I censored myself for one word but not the other. I'm mystified by it myself, and currently having a fairly lengthy mental argument about it.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Noisymunk wrote: »

You guys rocked too hard for us to disagree.

I'm specifically talking about being in a public situation.

Oh, whoops haha. I guess we're in agreement after all! (Also, <3 for enjoying the show)
    We could talk ad nauseum as to why I censored myself for one word but not the other. I'm mystified by it myself, and currently having a fairly lengthy mental argument about it.

The technically correct but completely unhelpful answer to that is "habit." I'm mystified by a lot of things my brain does - like the fact that I can speak an entire sentence out loud without explicitly thinking of any of the words in it.

Though this may not be the right thread for such discussion, heh.

Kirby Pufocia on
    Kirby Pufocia,
    metroidmetal.com
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Rdr wrote: »

I was at the panel and the person who asked the question asked what the PAX East curse word is going to be. Mike and Jerry knew what he was talking about as I guess there is a PAX West curse word and they did one up on the spot.

I don't know in what context it is supposed to be used in or the history but it has nothing to do with being a dick. Its something to do with PAX West and bringing a tradition over to PAX East.

If I am interpreting the events on the PAX 09 DVD correctly, it started in the Q&A with a quest for a female version of "teabagging". Kumsquat was suggested, and it became "The Word".

Someone at this years PAX asked Mike and Jerry if there was going to be a special word like Kumsquat for this years PAX, and Mike, ever eloquent, said "Drooling Cunt".

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    LimondLimond Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I need to remeber to weave junkslut into my vocabularly. i work a job where i get cursed at a lot so will always make me laugh when i hit them with something new and they cant think of anything else.

Limond on
    One clip, one kill.

I am a monster truck that walks like a man.
  • Options
    BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Reminds me of this Louis CK clip on the word "cunt"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N6Phmale_Q

BoomShake on
  • Options
    thespianthespian Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Whatever the curse was *supposed* to be is irrelevant.

I have spent some time explaining 'douchebag in the utilikilt' to many already and I'm totally going to get it explained enough so I can use it to describe anyone whose enthusiasm is a little overboard. So to speak. ;-)

Thes.

thespian on
  • Options
    gilby123gilby123 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Honestly, I'm still fond of the classic "Asshat"

gilby123 on
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the
    world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples
    of ignorance?" - John Lithgow, 3rd Rock from the Sun
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    gilby123 wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm still fond of the classic "Asshat"

Who isn't?

capnjack on
  • Options
    MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Noisymunk wrote: »
    Rdr wrote: »

If I am interpreting the events on the PAX 09 DVD correctly, it started in the Q&A with a quest for a female version of "teabagging". Kumsquat was suggested, and it became "The Word".

Someone at this years PAX asked Mike and Jerry if there was going to be a special word like Kumsquat for this years PAX, and Mike, ever eloquent, said "Drooling Cunt".

Actually, it started before Pax '09. They were continuing the trend of "colorful vocabulary" that Jerry had either started or was requested to start. Basically, he either came up with a new "word" or one was presented to him to use. Junkslut origin. Kumsquat or it's variants (Flower Petaling, French Press, Clam Slam) was last year's due to a request. I'm forgetting what 08's was. Can someone help me out while I pull out the DVD?

MJPM on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.