As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

And Galactus in Fantastic Four 2 will be...

artisttheoneartisttheone Registered User new member
edited April 2007 in Graphic Violence
A STORM CLOUD.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32330

Wow, so lame huh? Big wiener up the butt right there. I'm 100% positive there will be a comic stip about this shit.

Suddenly the choice made with the Transformers movie don't look so bad.

artisttheone on

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'll admit being disappointed - I was hoping for a giant who dwarfed the planet - but is it totally unreasonable? I mean, we accepted the Ultimate-Galatcus-as-Swarm thing, so is the cloud that far off?

I'm holding on judgment at least until we see some animation...

mattharvest on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Why wouldn't they want a summer blockbuster to have a planet-devouring giant?

Still, that 'report' is only text, so I don't think it's worth jumping to any conclusions over yet.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited April 2007
    I heard he's going to be full of Care Bears.

DMAC on
  • artisttheoneartisttheone Registered User new member
    edited April 2007
    I know it's only text, but they get a lot of things right, if not always on the nose. To not represet him as the fun loving giant we all love, is sad. :(

artisttheone on
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    In fairness, none of us want the Galactus-w/o-Pants costume he wore for over a decade (not to mention that enormous "G" on his belt), so it's not totally unfair of them to just re-imagine him.

mattharvest on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    A stormcloud....fucking weak.

Marathon on
  • Captain CanuckCaptain Canuck Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    yeah uh are you sure it's not actually a swarm cloud
    a cloud of swarming alien machines from a long dead race that can only be beaten by channeling the energy of the big bang of a new universe directly into the swarm

Captain Canuck on
    shadeodare_sig.png
    edited April 2007
    yeah uh are you sure it's not actually a swarm cloud
    a cloud of swarming alien machines from a long dead race that can only be beaten by channeling the energy of the big bang of a new universe directly into the swarm

Even that is stupid.

Marathon on
  • ihopiusihopius Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    A STORM CLOUD.

Unless you're going to do a Kirby-esc Galactus, skirt and all, don't bother doing it.

ihopius on
  • DondumsDondums Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Marathon wrote: »
    A stormcloud....fucking weak.
    How lame.
    The trailer looked so cool, too.

Dondums on
    internet
  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I guess I'm the only one not bothered by this announcement. I'm rather fine with it.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    ihopius wrote: »
    A STORM CLOUD.
    Unless you're going to do a Kirby-esc Galactus, skirt and all, don't bother doing it.
    Frankly, I can't think of anything that would look stupider in a movie than the big purple Galactus, but I guess that's why I've never been a FF fan. I feel like everyone clamoring for the Kirby Galactus is playing a big joke on me.

Orogogus on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    A storm cloud is just stupid. It isn't like they would have to make Galactus look exactly like Kirby's Galactus. Just make him shadowy, not purple, and some other changes and he would look decent.

Couscous on
    edited April 2007
    lactus.jpg

DMAC on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ultimate Alliance style? Hmm, not bad.

Wildcat on
    edited April 2007
    Or...

mellvar.jpg

DMAC on
  • MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    DMAC wrote: »
    Or...

mellvar.jpg

I AM NOT AN EFFECT!

MiSTieOtaku on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Man, I want to post a picture of V'ger from Star Trek 1, or the Shadow Death Cloud from Babylon 5.
    I can't make up my mind.
    My nerdishness is at war with my geekishness.

see317 on
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    titmouse wrote: »
    A storm cloud is just stupid. It isn't like they would have to make Galactus look exactly like Kirby's Galactus. Just make him shadowy, not purple, and some other changes and he would look decent.
    The purple costume isn't what bugs me the most. It's mostly the fact that he's 20 stories tall. If that can be swept under the rug then I guess I might be okay with it. But no amount of computer graphics trickery is likely to sell me on a live action movie where a bunch of superheroes talk to a giant person threatening to eat the planet.

Orogogus on
  • DraXXXenDraXXXen Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    New-Galactus.jpg

I can get behind Galactus being a large cosmic cloud, but it has to be sentient though only communicating with his heralds directly. He is a force of nature in the comics, who shape changes based on what species is viewing him on the planet he is about to consume (so only humans view him as a large silly man in purple)

or...we go the entire movie with seeing this large black galactus cloud and only at the end do we see it start to clear and a large purple hand begins to emerge from it :P

DraXXXen on
    donutMachine.jpg
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I dunno, I guess it could work. What with a huge star appearing and having it rain fire and shit around the world. I think they could execute it in a cool way. My main problem is - how the fuck do you fight a storm cloud? At least with a gaint purple dude you know what to hit.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
    edited April 2007
    Nogs wrote: »
    how the fuck do you fight a storm cloud?

With SCIENCE.

DMAC on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    how the fuck do you fight a storm cloud?

Simple! .... you .... uh .... you stretch at it and turn invisible near it and heat it up and you .. uh ... punch it.

Xaquin on
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    see317 wrote: »
    Man, I want to post a picture of V'ger from Star Trek 1, or the Shadow Death Cloud from Babylon 5.
    I can't make up my mind.
    My nerdishness is at war with my geekishness.

You out obscured me. My first thought was an interview with the cast of Lost discussing their summer projects. Hey, The Monster's got kids to feed, too!

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wow. I've got to say, that's the dumbest fucking thing I've heard in a while. A cloud? Maybe it forms into what we'll think he is for the sequel and Doom helps the FF and Alba cries and and and....

Wait. You're excited about the Fantastic Four sequel? Come now. Memory serves the first wasn't all that great.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'd like to express some sort of outrage but really anyone who expected this movie to not be terrible was kidding themselves.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oberon311Oberon311 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I dunno, I guess it could work. What with a huge star appearing and having it rain fire and shit around the world. I think they could execute it in a cool way. My main problem is - how the fuck do you fight a storm cloud? At least with a gaint purple dude you know what to hit.

I'm sorry, but I must respectfully AND MIGHTILY disagree. I can at NO point see a Silver Surfer voiced by Laurence Fishburn playing bitch to a giant raincloud.

No, no, no.

Oberon311 on
    Cap's dead. I'm with Ares.
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I really didn't like the Ultimate Galactus, mainly just because it didn't actually have a consciousness. I prefer Galactus to at least be sentient, then just be a force of nature.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • DondumsDondums Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    At this point, Galactus should just be a huge flying marshmellow that lands on planets that get absorbed into his squishy goodness.

The Silver Surfer can be a herald of his tasty awesomeness.

Then the Human Torch could make smores. End movie.

Dondums on
    internet
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I don't really care either way

He may be a world devourer but he's still a gigantic man in a fruity pink hat

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Purple, dammit!

It's regal.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    edited April 2007
    Redeemer wrote: »
    I don't really care either way

He may be a world devourer but he's still a gigantic man in a fruity pink hat
    annihilation6006007ov0ds4.jpg

Galactus says "Hey, fuck you."

Marathon on
  • laughterkillsmelaughterkillsme Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So,

My roommate wrecked my car,
    My friends who go to Virginia Tech are now emotionally scarred for life,
    My friend from NMT's GF of 2 years leaves him,
    I get fired for being late to work because I don't have a car to drive now,
    and now Galactus is a puff of cloud.

So when is my computer gonna blow up and leave me horribly disfigured. Its coming, there is no doubt about that but how much more fucked up stuff is gonna happen in the world immediately around me before then.

laughterkillsme on
    freealonesig.jpg
    edited April 2007
    So,

My roommate wrecked my car,
    My friends who go to Virginia Tech are now emotionally scarred for life,
    My friend from NMT's GF of 2 years leaves him,
    I get fired for being late to work because I don't have a car to drive now,
    and now Galactus is a puff of cloud.

So when is my computer gonna blow up and leave me horribly disfigured. Its coming, there is no doubt about that but how much more fucked up stuff is gonna happen in the world immediately around me before then.

O_o :|:cry:

Marathon on
  • NondocNondoc Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Neliwood wrote: »
    At this point, Galactus should just be a huge flying marshmellow that lands on planets that get absorbed into his squishy goodness.

The Silver Surfer can be a herald of his tasty awesomeness.

Then the Human Torch could make smores. End movie.

Ghostbusters lawsuit

Nondoc on
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    My money is on the cloud appearing as a cliff hanger right at the end, maybe a big booming "FEED ME" or something... and then end. It won't be clear if he IS the cloud, or if he is WITHIN the cloud.

The third movie will be about the fight with Galactus, and that's when his ship will descend from the cloud, and he will step out in all his fruity, mini-skirted purple GLORY! Ok maybe not, but I thought the Ultimate Alliance design for Galactus was extremely good, kept the feel without looking stupid, so I do believe they can pull it off if they decide to.

They just don't want to show you the big G in this movie because it will a) give them something to make fans drool over for the NEXT movie, b) save money on special effects for the second movie and c) won't tie them into a design for him just in case there is a change of creative teams/improvement in technology etc.

For for all those who said the first movie sucked... you aren't wrong. But I still think it was enjoyable, and I'm capable of looking forward to the second one without pinning all my hopes and dreams on it.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    lactus.jpg

Why is he wearing a mask anyway? I've always wondered this. I mean, it's not like he has a secret identity to protect.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Because no one makes glasses that large.

Dex Dynamo on
  • laughterkillsmelaughterkillsme Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    lactus.jpg

Why is he wearing a mask anyway? I've always wondered this. I mean, it's not like he has a secret identity to protect.

Technically, he isn't wearing any of that as his true form is beyond mortal comprehension. Humans just happen to see him that way.

laughterkillsme on
    freealonesig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.